Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 50. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
WOW Smiley thanks to all you guys/girls? either way nice work, got a question is there links to a compiled qt/unity separately and of course the zip/pruned data folder , i prefer to do my own installing Smiley

Keep up the good work..

Icon

thanks.

if you download the all in one, you should be able to extract it with 7zip and get the pruned chain, huntercore-qt and unity client.
otherwise i'll have to do it tomorrow for you
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
WOW Smiley thanks to all you guys/girls? either way nice work, got a question is there links to a compiled qt/unity separately and of course the zip/pruned data folder , i prefer to do my own installing Smiley

Keep up the good work..

Icon

legendary
Good news. The hardfork has been set, GitHub updated, client & game tested (as much as we could) and the game updates will be live in approximately 2.5 weeks.

Huntercore is also ready to use (with pruning), and the Unity3D client has been modified so you can play the game with it, too. New players now only need to download the ~500MB compressed pruned chain (installer) to start playing (actual pruned chain is 1.1GB uncompressed).

Miners and exchanges should update using the original repo (old Huntercoin) for now https:/github.com/chronokings/huntercoin

See below and read ALL:

Hardfork Mandatory Update Before Block 1521500

Miners, please post or send me a PM ASAP, and also when you have updated. Game changes:

• Hunters will spawn on rings around the coin farms
  • The new spawn areas (around the coins), also act as banks to log out your Hunters
  • Randomly-spawned banks now spawn only in and around the coin farms
  • The above updates should allow for much quicker game sessions
  • Hunter creation fee reduced from 5 HUC to 1 HUC
  • Hunter refundable cost reduced from 200 HUC to 100 HUC, which is refunded if you do not die in PvP
  • When you first create a Hunter, it will be invulnerable for 5 blocks unless you make a move. If you do not, it will enter spectator mode and be unable to move (but can still chat-this may be used for some extra features at a later time). The Hunter will still be invulnerable
  • Coins will periodically become "ghosted" on certain map tiles according to a specific pattern. They become unlootable and accumulate until their ghosting period is over
  • Destruct fee reduced from 20 HUC to 1 HUC
For the next hardfork, we'll be looking at combat mechanics and NPCs (for the rest of the map away from spawn areas, which is now fairly empty).

Miners and exchanges should use this to update: https:/github.com/chronokings/huntercoin

After the hardfork, you can migrate to Huntercore when everything is successful.

Official Release of Huntercoin Core (aka Huntercore)

Huntercore is based on Namecore, which is based on Bitcoin Core's latest code. The original Huntercoin is based on old Bitcoin code which was way out of date. This brings a lot of goodies, including:

• Much better performance. It should be much easier on your hard disk, in particular
  • HD (Hierarchical Deterministic) Wallet. You should only need to backup the wallet once, and can even use the same wallet in multiple locations (possibly).
  • Pruning. It is now possible to prune the blockchain (and provide a pruned blockchain for new users). You can get the chain down to approximately 1.1GB, 500MB compressed. However, with a pruned chain download, you will need to use a fresh wallet. If you already have a wallet which has been used for old transactions, you will still need to sync from scratch, as a "rescan" is not possible once the chain is pruned
We recommend you create a new wallet with Huntercore and transfer coins from an old wallet to the new addresses. That way you can make use of Huntercore's HD wallet functionality.

The Huntercore wallet does not yet currently have the game tab. If you want to play using the QT, you will need to use the old version. We are hoping to migrate the game tab to the Huntercore wallet at some later stage (possibly Wiggi will take on the task).

For now, the Unity3D client has been adapted to work with Huntercore and is included with Huntercore in the all-in-one download. It's much better than the built-in version, anyways.

Props go to Wiggi for the game changes and coding, and Domob for sanity checking and assistance. And massive thanks to Domob for Huntercore and the Bitcoin Co-op for beta testing (with testnet box etc). And the Bitcoin and Namecoin developers of course.

-------

Download links are all updated with the Fork - (New users should use the "All-in one Huntercore" unless you know what you are doing-) >

All in One - Huntercore v0.13 + Unity3d + Pruned Chain - 500mb Download
For New Users - this should get you up and running with a huntercoin wallet + unity3d client in the time it takes to download + a few minutes of syncing >>
Windows > https://mega.nz/#!gIVXUaYD!kvwLruozyLjXlvZjjU43oJzJ4Tn1qn-3f0K3clShu4I

This will install the exe's and chain into c:\huntercore + create 2 shortcuts on your desktop. QT-Huntercoin (the normal wallet, click this first) then Unity-Huntercoin ( click this after QT has synced)
A static rpc username and password has been set so it works out of the box, but if you are concerned more about security you can change the huntercoin.conf and the server settings in unity. If you have already used the unity client before, the server settings will have saved in your registry so it might not auto connect without changing the rpc login details which are in huntercoin.conf of the new install.

Old Version Huntercoin (with game tab), this will be phased out - v1.4 >>
Windows >  https://mega.nz/#!qUdx0LKD!sSWS-Jt06hgeIrl1H1Z_utOOpZReABNDAJ3kwrpkLbg

(the windows binaries include better-qt safemode which is a modified qt with updated graphics by wiggi - read the quickstart guide for more info)

Source > https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin

Huntercore Wallet v0.13 (no game tab) + Unity3d Client (if you want to play the game, otherwise ignore it)- you will need to addnodes or copy the peers.dat file (included) to your datadir (until we hardcode them)  >> https://mega.nz/#!lU1WUDwb!S0qiHjC_2KjADxqnTuDw358R9TUFQsRhLBRW1tfzu_0

WARNING - you can not use this over the top of your OLD datadir (e.g. if you have used Huntercoin before). Either make (or specify) a new datadir, or move your old one if it is in the default directory.  Migrating to Huntercore will not convert your old datadir (it might try but probably fail).

Huntercoin.exe is the unity client. If you do not know what you are doing or/and have not used huntercoin before, use the All-in-One version.

-

Source:

Old Huntercoin - For Miners / Exchanges / Players who want to use the Game Tab in QT :: https:/github.com/chronokings/huntercoin
Huntercoin core  (aka Huntercore) : https://github.com/chronokings/huntercore/tree/0.13

------
ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR WALLETS
-----

Notes on Unity3d -

Currently shows the new spawn areas but they will not take effect until the Hardfork (same for QT)
You should set Alarms for   "When enemy are detected" to something like 5 and enable Audio Alert. In the hunter section you should make sure ALL and PENDING are enabled - this shows lines / paths of other hunters on the map. Pressing Update will check the memory pool for valid player moves (before they go in the chain).
Pressing SORT will put all hunters with enemies within the set "alarm" range at the top.
Make sure you are synced before using Unity.
The Chat section connects to #huntercoin on freenode IRC - needs some work to see whos in there but it can work as basic chat if required.

More Unity3d updates coming soon.
legendary
Almost complete - Map Viewer. Requires connecting to your own daemon or qt.
similar to map explorer on huntercoin.info

You are able to play through time from block 1 to now, or view the map live.
Useful for recording or seeing what happened in the past.

legendary
A good time to buy into the project now. 1500 satoshi per huc so only 150k to play. I am still waiting for the block chain. I just deleted everything since ot was annoying me and a big mess I neber knew what was going on. Now I download the prunes block chain and start over.

which client are you using?

the huntercore isn't officially released yet (for pruning you need this), although should be playable with unity client -

did you build it yourself?

we should be releasing all, with the hardfork set very soon.

Ok thanks. So I should rather just wait ? Maybe I just hold some huc in the mean time till all is ready ? I sort of wanted to play but it takes long to finish the blockchain even when I download the full blockchain it still takes a long time. Best to wait I guess. Will you let us know just before the release so I can be in the game from the beginning.

yep - we have all the changes committed at the moment - we are just trying to test as much as we can.
We will then set a fork height and release everything in one go.

we will release a ~700MB Huntercore wallet + pruned chain + Unity client. So people can play right away as soon as they have downloaded.

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
A good time to buy into the project now. 1500 satoshi per huc so only 150k to play. I am still waiting for the block chain. I just deleted everything since ot was annoying me and a big mess I neber knew what was going on. Now I download the prunes block chain and start over.

the huntercore isn't officially released yet (for pruning you need this), although should be playable with unity client -

Ok thanks. So I should rather just wait ? Maybe I just hold some huc in the mean time till all is ready ? I sort of wanted to play but it takes long to finish the blockchain even when I download the full blockchain it still takes a long time. Best to wait I guess. Will you let us know just before the release so I can be in the game from the beginning.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

Once this coin becomes easier & quicker to download the blockchain and start and everyone has a fair chance in the game of getting huntercoins, then I can see it taking off again, I remember back in 2014 it was doing great.

Those are exactly the issues being addressed, right now, too. Wiggi has revamped the gameplay rules to give everybody a fair chance, and domob and SnailBrain made the client quicker and easier to use. I'm excited to start talking about more interesting and advanced goals, soon.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

Once this coin becomes easier & quicker to download the blockchain and start and everyone has a fair chance in the game of getting huntercoins, then I can see it taking off again, I remember back in 2014 it was doing great.
legendary

legendary
F2Pool will probably come back on their own when the Huntercoin price/volume hits a certain level, I'm guessing. It's healthier for a cryptocurrency's economy to wait for that process to occur naturally
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
First what build is the huntercore built off of, bitconcore 12, 13, 13.1?

It is actually the bleeding edge Bitcoin Core, what will become 14.0.  We can branch a proper release together with Bitcoin's 14.0 or something in the future, though, when things have settled down a bit more.

Now that the huntercore is being updated, any chances that F2pool might take us back ?

Since FUpool dropped HUC more people are mining it, more people are using it, more people are trading, price has risen & more people are playing it. Losing FUpool was the best thing that has happened to HUC for a very long time. HUC doesn't need FUpool or any other massive chinese pool, it's doing great.

Well I'll admit the price went up alot after losing F2pool, but the wait times are getting a wee annoying , less hash rate, they should add huc as a stand along alt coin that you mine directly, instead of merged mine or mine it both ways merged/direct.

Icon

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

Now that the huntercore is being updated, any chances that F2pool might take us back ?

Since FUpool dropped HUC more people are mining it, more people are using it, more people are trading, price has risen & more people are playing it. Losing FUpool was the best thing that has happened to HUC for a very long time. HUC doesn't need FUpool or any other massive chinese pool, it's doing great.
A few questions,

First what build is the huntercore built off of, bitconcore 12, 13, 13.1?

Also how about an 64 bit QT version for us 64 bit users Smiley

Other then that, keep up the good work Smiley

Icon

PS

Now that the huntercore is being updated, any chance that F2pool might take us back ?

legendary
If anyone wants to check the changes on testnet, you can do so by using the unity3d + huntercore-testnet setup i've done here
Download included >>
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22265.msg30579.html#msg30579

They don't let you post Mega links on bitcointalk, so you gotta go to that page to get it.

I tried it, and it's getting a lot more user friendly now. You just double-click and it will install everything to your computer. Just remember to tell it to put the files in C:\ and not whatever default folder your computer chose, or you'll have to edit the newly-created shortcuts that launch the wallet client and the game. You should launch the wallet client first; the game needs block data to know what's going on in the game world.

It puts the shortcuts in the installation folder, so you'll have to manually copy them over to your desktop. In the small chance you had the old Unity-based game client on your computer--or if you accidentally didn't install the wallet and game to C:\--we can walk you through fixing it quickly. If you wanna play around in the game on the testnet, we'll send you some testnet coins. The set-up process should get even easier in the future.
Activity: 403
Merit: 251
Updated Windows builds of the legacy Qt client, and betterQt client in safemode:

these can be used for both mainnet and testnet (testnet server: addnode=178.62.17.234)

huntercoin-safemode-win32-20161112b.zip, 14.6 MB
https://mega.nz/#!HM13QKyR!-46vBHRMEmFLM9VNgKzhmnLQk4l_yQQvh9Cv6Su4yEM

legendary
Good News.

We've pretty much completed Unity3d changes for the Hardfork, and Huntercore as well.

We are doing some final checks before we set a hardfork block height, but we should have done that in a few days.

-

If anyone wants to check the changes on testnet, you can do so by using the unity3d + huntercore-testnet setup i've done here
Download included >>
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22265.msg30579.html#msg30579

If anyone wants the MacOS, Linux or Android unity3d version, let me know.

We'll be updating the unity3d graphics to use Wiggi's extra layers with shadows etc soon, as well as tweaking some small graphics bugs.

The unity3d client will now show :
when someone is invulnerable
when your own are in spectator mode (other players will be invisible)
Counter from when you spawn until you enter spectator mode
Spawn Areas
coin ghosting
Temporarily the banks (stars) have had their text lowered so as not to overlap coin amounts.
and some other stuff..

legendary
I already had the blockchain 100% downloaded so the files are already but here! Injave 20gb . So why is it taking so long ? I hope it is not downloading again since the entire blockchain is already there.

And you copied them over to your data directory? They should register in your client, then. Maybe you downloaded the wrong ones... Huntercore will not recognize blockchain data in the old format used by QT
I already had the blockchain 100% downloaded so the files are already but here! Injave 20gb . So why is it taking so long ? I hope it is not downloading again since the entire blockchain is already there.
Pages:
Jump to: