Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 51. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
So am i reading this right, are we out of beta and in to production phase with the latest Huntercore  QT client?

Or still running on test net/etc

Icon

Ps

If yes, what block # will the hard fork start at?

Almost. SnailBrain needs to finish upgrading the Unity-based game client to integrate with the new Huntercore wallet and register the gameplay updates associated with the fork. He didn't want to pick a fork height because he was unsure of how long that would take, but I doubt it will take much longer.

Then we're probably gonna pick a fork height and get Huntercore and the unity client in everybody's hands. Way less files and installation complexity than the testing kit we're giving you, right now. Maybe we could even make an easy click-and-run installer now that Snail's working on Huntercoin stuff full time.
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
So am i reading this right, are we out of beta and in to production phase with the latest Huntercore  QT client?

Or still running on test net/etc

Icon

Ps

If yes, what block # will the hard fork start at?

legendary
I got the new client and now it wants to catch up to over 2 years of transactions. Should I just leave it ? I thought it would be tiny because of the fork. Can I play though ? Huc dropped in price by half as well. Guess its best time to buy in.

The fork will not impact the blockchain download size or rate, actually, but the new Huntercore client should help. Is that the one you got? If so, it will sync faster than the old QT client, and you can also enable blockchain pruning so you don't even need to download the full chain.

You can also download the blockchain files and manually put them in your data directory to make it go even faster, though. The blocks are stored in a slightly different format, so there is a different download depending upon which client you are using.

For the old QT client: chain.huntercoin.org
For Huntercore (pruned chain): https://mega.nz/#!UFN3hIbQ!gr14wf0rW5BgJcP7q0QAyJpRaR9v3tdYCpVK0iUnl4s
For Huntercore (full, unpruned chain): https://mega.nz/#!QYtgHIyA!Gh2gPlgHD9boj_Q0zvl8MXAVxFf-AvBN2Vbg_Wlenp8

As for playing the game, it is already possible to do so, yes. It should be possible inside both wallet clients. The Unity-based game client should also be working up until the fork height when connected to the old QT client.

You might want to wait a bit, though, depending upon your set-up and knowledge level. The Unity-based game client will shortly be upgraded to work past the fork with new gameplay updates, and will also be able to integrate with the faster Huntercore client.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I got the new client and now it wants to catch up to over 2 years of transactions. Should I just leave it ? I thought it would be tiny because of the fork. Can I play though ? Huc dropped in price by half as well. Guess its best time to buy in.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16782274

this is the one the asshole guy who took the job , ruined it now i gotta find an another guy , Don't even know why he took the job.

Dosen't even get educated , or know about java based mining websites.

Please anyone who take up the job educate yourself about java based bitcoin mining first and there are lots of java mining clients which mine actual bitcoins.

Please educate yourself before you take up your job.

What do we care about Bitcoin mining in this thread? You're distracting everybody

Hey bitcoin co - op i was thinking of creating a site and funding for your huntercoin browser project , but you seem pissed off , if you have some personal issues you need to talk to me and not take it personally.

Why are you pissed off with me so much bitcoin website is to fund huntercoin.

All you care about is huntercoin and developing it and you don't have fund's and i am helping you out you should not be pissed off at someone trying to help you out.

I built a website for you and you take too much pride in yourself and i am trying to help you guys out but what do i get abuse abuse and more abuse , and false accusations.

Assholes.

legendary

this is the one the asshole guy who took the job , ruined it now i gotta find an another guy , Don't even know why he took the job.

Please anyone who take up the job educate yourself about java based bitcoin mining first and there are lots of java mining clients which mine actual bitcoins.

What do we care about Bitcoin mining in this thread? You're distracting everybody

legendary
It didn't work out with jason he is just a friend , so i have updated the website , for funding of all projects in bitcoin-talk.

You needed fund for hunter-coin right so i have updated that.

Please see my job post section website is being updated , please post on the job thread for password and access.

Bitcoin co - op , and other mod's please check the updation of the new website for huntercoin  funding.

Why isn't anyone talking even here.??

What happened , i am happy and well don't worry too much about me .

What job thread are you talking about? We've been busy preparing for the fork. Soon, the unity-based game-client will integrate with the Huntercore daemon, letting people easily play with blockchain pruning.
It didn't work out with jason he is just a friend , so i have updated the website , for funding of all projects in bitcoin-talk.

You needed fund for hunter-coin right so i have updated that.

Please see my job post section website is being updated , please post on the job thread for password and access.

Bitcoin co - op , and other mod's please check the updation of the new website for huntercoin  funding.

Why isn't anyone talking even here.??

What happened , i am happy and well don't worry too much about me .

Hey guys/ especially bitcoin co op , i don't use my old skype id anymore now ,most of you guys don't like it and also i don't use the old id and don't do camming anymore , it's been a while camming is too abusive for me and i am trying to talk to jason now , so please use this new skype id for any updates.

new skype id - minebitcoinswiththarani

feel free to add me in this skype id and feel free to discuss to me about any funding website development or any kind of help you need i can do.

all the best for your future's and god bless.

I'll be here, you can message me in my new id for any new project funding or any help.

I also have posted a new job so check it out.
legendary

Yes I know I need my wallet file but I ment the blockchain. This is a new block chain so I simply delete it right ? Then make sure my wallet file is in the new folder ? Even if it were still 200 HUC for a character I was gonna buy some huc after the weekend. Well now I can have enough in case I need to buy another character.

It's not a new blockchain, exactly. All the block data is the same. The blocks are just stored in a different format, so you have to sync from scratch and can't use the old one.

or use the old one to sync the new one locally (even while offline)

I wouldn't try that, yet. I did, and I couldn't make it work. Or rather, I copied the old blockchain files to the new client's folder, and it was unable to convert them

You need 2 clients for this, old Huntercoin (with up-to-date blockchain), and Huntercore, connected. Then Huntercore would "download" the chain from old Huntercoin and store it in its own format.

You all saying different things. I dont know what to do. What do you mean ... Yes 2 clients ok I'm with you. Yes updates blockchain ok. Huntercore connected so that means both running st the same time. So huntercore gets the files from the old blockchain soni need the old wallet up and running because the new one will see it and download off it but it won't download since its on the same PC. Is this what you are trying to say ?

Huntercoin can get the files from the old wallet, but you don't have to do it that way. If you have a good computer/Internet (especially a solid state drive), I would sync from scratch if you want to use Huntercore and not worry about running 2 clients simultaneously. Or sync from the pruned chain download at chain.huntercoin.org if you want the old client. Unless you're fairly advanced with computers; then go ahead and do what you want.
Activity: 403
Merit: 251

You all saying different things. I dont know what to do. What do you mean ... Yes 2 clients ok I'm with you. Yes updates blockchain ok. Huntercore connected so that means both running st the same time. So huntercore gets the files from the old blockchain soni need the old wallet up and running because the new one will see it and download off it but it won't download since its on the same PC. Is this what you are trying to say ?

The 2 clients are like a very old bitcoin client (v0.6) and a very new bitcoin client (v0.13). That's about the difference.

If you want a fast and easy way to sync Huntercore, use the pruned chain from
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22255.msg26622.html#msg26622

Yes I know I need my wallet file but I ment the blockchain. This is a new block chain so I simply delete it right ? Then make sure my wallet file is in the new folder ? Even if it were still 200 HUC for a character I was gonna buy some huc after the weekend. Well now I can have enough in case I need to buy another character.

It's not a new blockchain, exactly. All the block data is the same. The blocks are just stored in a different format, so you have to sync from scratch and can't use the old one.

I wouldn't try that, yet. I did, and I couldn't make it work. Or rather, I copied the old blockchain files to the new client's folder, and it was unable to convert them

You need 2 clients for this, old Huntercoin (with up-to-date blockchain), and Huntercore, connected. Then Huntercore would "download" the chain from old Huntercoin and store it in its own format.

legendary

The blockchain formats are like the difference between bitcoin 0.6 and bitcoin 0.13, you can sync the new one from scratch, or use the old one to sync the new one locally (even while offline), or just be stubborn and keep using the old one.

legendary
Well done snailbrain, wiggi, and domob. Smiley All the changes seem quite sensible. You guys will be thinking about changing combat next?

Yeah, ideas for the next fork have already been discussed. One step at a time, though. I'm about to test the new clients and report my findings; if I can get it to work, I can get you all to get it to work.

Eh... *scratches head* right....

I'm awfully confused. Is the blockchain forking so do i still need the files form the old wallet ? Son now the game resets or something ? Please bare in mind I have never played yet.

Also why do you guys fight so much. Cut it out seriously. You need a leader tonsort you out. Then you won't fight.

Nobody is fighting anymore, don't worry. The blockchain forking means you will need to update your client to one of the new versions; your existing wallet file should be fine, but please back it up, anyways. All your coins and everything will still be there, both before and after the fork kicks in.

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Well done snailbrain, wiggi, and domob. Smiley All the changes seem quite sensible. You guys will be thinking about changing combat next?

Yeah, ideas for the next fork have already been discussed. One step at a time, though. I'm about to test the new clients and report my findings; if I can get it to work, I can get you all to get it to work.

I'm awfully confused. Is the blockchain forking so do i still need the files form the old wallet ? Son now the game resets or something ? Please bare in mind I have never played yet.

Also why do you guys fight so much. Cut it out seriously. You need a leader tonsort you out. Then you won't fight.

Nobody is fighting anymore, don't worry. The blockchain forking means you will need to update your client to one of the new versions; your existing wallet file should be fine, but please back it up, anyways. All your coins and everything will still be there, both before and after the fork kicks in.

remember, those links / changes, are only for testing at the moment. no hard fork has been set unless you are on testnet.

for now, best hold out for a bit. don't update or do anything.

so what happened to huntercoin since i left , you guys getting funds or what.??

hope you guys make it into a reality , will do whatever help i can Smiley.
Pages:
Jump to: