Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] 📱 AppCoins - The New Blockchain-Based Protocol For The App Stores 🔋 - page 49. (Read 47772 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Hello. And what if the company doesn’t manage to collect the necessary amount of funds for soft cup, what will it do?
Activity: 153
Merit: 10
I’ve been reading the info about a project with great inspiration! And what about your rivals in blockchain?
As far as I know, there is no other proposal for uniting independent Android App Stores around an open protocol.
There are some projects / ICOs related (Dmarket, mobilego) with exchanging digital virtual items inside games and tournaments, but that is outside the scope of AppCoins.
Projects like BAT, have some similar concepts (pay for attention) but is browser based.
Some months ago there was Spherius project for generic software stores (Windows,...) but didn't reach the soft cap.
Activity: 350
I’ve been reading the info about a project with great inspiration! And what about your rivals in blockchain?
Activity: 406
Until what date will the ICO last? I’d like to invest more.

Hello! At the moment the date is January 15. So you still have time))
Activity: 336
 Until what date will the ICO last? I’d like to invest more.
Activity: 392
Hi, community! I see that powerful platform is being created as a competitor to world famous services. I’ve learned recently that apparently, Google Play removes some popular apps from its store… Will they be available in AppCoins? 

Hello. You’re right, there’s such a practice carried out by Google Play. However, it’s better to focus on advantages and development of the platform. And in this case Blockchain 100% solves the problem of transparency of such actions on the platform.

Hm.. It turns out that Google has a sort of censorship… It’d be better to avoid it in this project. Ok, so, your project is being created as a full-fledged competitor?

Not exactly. Theoretically, AppCoins may become Google s partner in the future enriching the capabilities. But if we re talking about app stores, Google Play and Aptoide are competitors since 2009.

Yeah, it would be a superlarge-scale consolidation! Perhaps, it’s still in the future. Is it planned to work with the platforms introduces only for PC?
At the moment the development is focused on mobile gadgets, nevertheless, PC market and releasing some solutions in it surely will be considered in the future.  This market isn’t that small, you know)

Yes, I agree. But not everybody use only smartphones! How can the market be divided in this ration? I mean, PC users, mobile gadgets users, user of both of them?
Activity: 280
Hi, community! I see that powerful platform is being created as a competitor to world famous services. I’ve learned recently that apparently, Google Play removes some popular apps from its store… Will they be available in AppCoins? 

Hello. You’re right, there’s such a practice carried out by Google Play. However, it’s better to focus on advantages and development of the platform. And in this case Blockchain 100% solves the problem of transparency of such actions on the platform.

Hm.. It turns out that Google has a sort of censorship… It’d be better to avoid it in this project. Ok, so, your project is being created as a full-fledged competitor?

Not exactly. Theoretically, AppCoins may become Google s partner in the future enriching the capabilities. But if we re talking about app stores, Google Play and Aptoide are competitors since 2009.

Yeah, it would be a superlarge-scale consolidation! Perhaps, it’s still in the future. Is it planned to work with the platforms introduces only for PC?
At the moment the development is focused on mobile gadgets, nevertheless, PC market and releasing some solutions in it surely will be considered in the future.  This market isn’t that small, you know)
Activity: 238

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
i would like to see this coin on some big exchange like bitfinex, bittrex

The team is working its best to list it on some top 10 exchanges. Do look out for announcements once the ico is done Cheesy So feel free to join the telegram group for more updated news.
Activity: 448
i would like to see this coin on some big exchange like bitfinex, bittrex
legendary
For Appcoins ICO smart contract address. It can be found here
https://etherscan.io/token/0x1a7a8bd9106f2b8d977e08582dc7d24c723ab0db

So do take note and as the crowdscale draws nearer, it is very important to be more careful and protect yourself against scam.
legendary
Blockchain Leverages.
GitHub presence: Present

Tokens: AppCoin ERC20 token will be used by the developers to advertise their Apps to the users. From every advertising investment inside the app store, 85% goes to the user. The user has to use those coins to buy items (in-app purchase) inside the apps and games, generating the return of the investment to the developers.

Smart contracts: Yes

Middleman being cut out: Revenue shares are redistributed away from unnecessary intermediaries to end-users and developers; to enforce payments between the developer and the other parties, which are the user, the app store and the OEM, the entirety of the funds that the developer wants to put available for the campaign is locked in a different wallet, which is where the smart contract for the campaign will be running.

Decentralization: The process of judging developers will be decentralized to allow users to punish dishonest developers who deliver apps with malware.

Transparency: Being an open protocol implemented as open source software, it gives the trust back to the industry and provides guarantees of data transparency to users.

Scalability:  Raiden Network will be used whereby users deposit their valuables (preferably Ether) with the store in a payment channel using smart contracts. The same happens for developers. And from this moment on they can utilize the micro-payments within the App Infrastructure. Compared to blockchain, not all the transactions have to be stored but only the latest receipts, i.e. the latest balance for both users, must be stored instead of all transactions. This solves the problem of storing huge amounts of old transactional data that is inherent in blockchain.

Lower costs: The only fees are for opening and closing the payment channel on the blockchain. For payments over the payment channel there are no extra fees. Once it is established micro transactions are possible without further limitations.

Speed: By using direct peer-to-peer (P2P) communication, transactions can be exchanged as fast as the underlying network between the two parties will enable it.

Database: Transactions are registered in the blockchain ledger to reflect the trustworthiness and reputation of a developer; the proof-of-attention (PoA) is stored in the blockchain.

Encryption: The partial anonymity of users is accomplished by using hash functions (like SHA256) in their stored fingerprints.
legendary
3. Blockchain Leverages.

Any previous activity related to the project: The AppCoins power app economy network will leverage on existing 200 million annual unique active users of the Aptoide app store.

Previous app/product: Aptoide app store.

Actual alpha, beta etc. available: No

Working product integrated with token: No

Partners: Indorse
legendary
Friends, tell me, what is IAB? I just can’t find a key to this abbreviation.

In-App Billing (IAB), also called In-App Purchase, consists in the possibility for the user to
buy digital items inside an app or a game. Although those items are perceived to be bought
inside the App, the items are bought through the app store.
The need for the transactions to go through the app store were introduced as mandatory
by Apple App Store and then by Google Play. The conditions for the developer’s app to be
distributed is that all the financial transactions have to be managed by the app store.
The app store adds some value to this flow: 1) it may know the customer already and have
their payment data, thus easing the entrance hurdles for the user and providing a better user
experience, 2) it has the trust of the user when the developer may not have it yet and 3) it
develops the necessary technology, allowing the developer to focus on the app development.
Although IAB represents a market with a huge volume of transactions processed by Google
Play and Apple, there are still two big challenges.
The number of users with a credit card loaded in the store is still a minority. Only small
part of the world population has access to credit card. Alternative methods like pre-paid cards
are an approach but they are physical and depend on points of sale, therefore do not scale well.
On the other hand, some of other payment methods like carrier billing have prohibitive
margins that compromise the revenue share of 70% for the developer. In some markets, the
margin of the telecom operator varies between from 35% to 60% of the cost of the transaction.
The reasons given by the telecom operators are: 1) high risk of fraud that has to be compensated
and 2) the users may cannibalise the telecommunications balance so the margin has to pay that
possibility.
Providing the user has a proper payment method, there are still some risks that have to be
mitigated
Activity: 336
Friends, tell me, what is IAB? I just can’t find a key to this abbreviation.
legendary
AppCoins ICO Team.
Names, pictures and even links to social profiles like LinkedIn and Twitter: Yes

Founders have credentials in the area they are venturing into. Yes

Members who have already completed successful projects in the field of blockchain: No

Members experienced in blockchain: Yes
Pages:
Jump to: