Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 175. (Read 92796 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
October 15, 2017, 03:14:10 PM
yes, if the community and also the developers are not talkative, the whole project would fail at the end. this wont happen here, since everyone is eager to question and to answer everything Smiley
[/quote]

Completely agree with you that lots of depend on our communicative skills and our activity and the manager's as well. But the success of this project does not depend on our talks here only. The more important for the project is active sharing information about the ICO in social resources for getting more people with strong desire to invest in it. And managers  are a bit active in other resources of communication except Boitcointalk. So you may ask all questions there also.
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
October 15, 2017, 03:10:44 PM
Don't know why everybody keeps saying $1.5M was invested. There is a big difference between valuation and the amount invested.

I could pay $100 for 1 Soma token, there are 60 million tokens, that means a valuation of $6 billion.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 15, 2017, 02:44:25 PM
I still wonder if those angel investors have more information than we do about Soma's business model, or if it is just a speculative play on a potential crypto-eBay.

Well I do think they know more. They invest big amounts of money into a project that is really a hit or miss.

On the other hand, there is already a decent alpha which shows the possibilities of the project.
I only think Soma will need some marketing to get the app distributed so it will become a success.

I can't imagine that these angel investors invested 1.5M$ just on the basis of SOMA whitepaper and the alpha version. I think they got a business plan, financial projections, etc.

People investing large amount of money, do it because they know they will get some return, they are not really angel Smiley
you are right it is not an angel,is a person that hard belive in this project,but for sure have his return strategy...
Technically speaking they are Angel Investors. The do this mostly for money but they've also got different motivations  Cheesy
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605
October 15, 2017, 02:33:53 PM
I still wonder if those angel investors have more information than we do about Soma's business model, or if it is just a speculative play on a potential crypto-eBay.

Well I do think they know more. They invest big amounts of money into a project that is really a hit or miss.

On the other hand, there is already a decent alpha which shows the possibilities of the project.
I only think Soma will need some marketing to get the app distributed so it will become a success.

I can't imagine that these angel investors invested 1.5M$ just on the basis of SOMA whitepaper and the alpha version. I think they got a business plan, financial projections, etc.

People investing large amount of money, do it because they know they will get some return, they are not really angel Smiley
you are right it is not an angel,is a person that hard belive in this project,but for sure have his return strategy...
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
October 15, 2017, 02:32:06 PM
Just wait a bit the team will answer all the question, I always see answer, the team is really active and handle the communication very well. That’s one of the reason of the sucess of the token sale I think, investors always like a communicative team.

yes, if the community and also the developers are not talkative, the whole project would fail at the end. this wont happen here, since everyone is eager to question and to answer everything Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
October 15, 2017, 02:12:19 PM

It's just a name for investors that are willing to back a project in a big way. 1,5mil is a good amount , but the project needs more, so hopefully, the amount will increase by the end of the ICO.
Activity: 294
October 15, 2017, 01:23:07 PM
About their revenue, maybe they will add ads to the mobile platform? Maybe some paid service like ebay to list your goods on top of the others ? (But this against the SOMA's idea, if your product is listed on top of the others there's not point to seek people's help to push it. So there's no need for that)

I would be interested to know about this too.
Activity: 275
Merit: 101
October 15, 2017, 01:04:04 PM
Another blessings and opportunity to be part of this ICO. Keep it up, every hard work deserves positive result. This is amazing... Good luck
Activity: 392
October 15, 2017, 12:57:03 PM

I am sure they also spoke to them personally and got more info than us. You don't invest those large amounts if you are not sure that a project has the potential to be a huge success.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
October 15, 2017, 12:54:17 PM

Activity: 518
Merit: 101
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
October 15, 2017, 12:34:43 PM

Activity: 616
Merit: 263
October 15, 2017, 12:24:28 PM

Activity: 630
Merit: 276
October 15, 2017, 12:02:17 PM
Just wait a bit the team will answer all the question, I always see answer, the team is really active and handle the communication very well. That’s one of the reason of the sucess of the token sale I think, investors always like a communicative team.
Not really active.
Name:   SomaCommunity
Last Active:   October 11, 2017, 04:00:57 PM
I would appreciate a more active community manager here on bitcointalk. He lacks a little bit of answering questions.

They are very active on there Telegram channel.
So if you have questions, that are really important and you really want to know, join there Telegram channel:

https://t.me/SomaCommunity
Activity: 392
October 15, 2017, 11:26:34 AM
Not really active.
I would appreciate a more active community manager here on bitcointalk. He lacks a little bit of answering questions.
Activity: 798
October 15, 2017, 11:21:45 AM
There is one more interesting point. When selling products all social platform SOMA will consist of how-to local social networks, grouped by place of residence of the participants (for example, in certain states)? This is due to the fact that many purchases will be difficult or even impossible to deliver from some places to others. For example, in Russia. I strongly doubt that this platform will work here. Unfortunately.

Good point. Probably for bigger purchases there will be some distance limit, or people will just set filters.
It will also depend on sellers, i think. If somebody is willing to buy your stuff even if it's big and pay for delivery, then why not.
Activity: 239
October 15, 2017, 11:15:57 AM
I strongly agree with you the team of the project will be responsible and the project will be successfull maybe now the team from the developer is still busy with the investors
Activity: 490
October 15, 2017, 11:13:02 AM
Not really active.
Activity: 574
October 15, 2017, 10:59:44 AM
About their revenue, maybe they will add ads to the mobile platform? Maybe some paid service like ebay to list your goods on top of the others ? (But this against the SOMA's idea, if your product is listed on top of the others there's not point to seek people's help to push it. So there's no need for that)

That is one of the things I fear. They may be hiding their 'good business model' because it would not sit well with their target demographic. Which I assume are idealistic but naive hipsters.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
October 15, 2017, 10:56:47 AM
There is one more interesting point. When selling products all social platform SOMA will consist of how-to local social networks, grouped by place of residence of the participants (for example, in certain states)? This is due to the fact that many purchases will be difficult or even impossible to deliver from some places to others. For example, in Russia. I strongly doubt that this platform will work here. Unfortunately.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
October 15, 2017, 09:52:15 AM
how many ETH raised so far? when ICO end?

If I am not mistaken they raised about 14282.413333 ETH so far into ICO,

and the ICO will end in about 11 days.

They sell around 6.5 mln tokens.. with price 450 Soma tokens for 1 ETH... So, they raised about 14k ETH
Jump to: