Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 204. (Read 92796 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 101
October 08, 2017, 03:11:34 PM
I asked a question while back but I do not think it was answered.

Has anyone found what benefits token buyers get out of holding the tokens?
The worth of the tokens will decrease if more people use this.
Although I don't think this is planned as an investment so you don't need to get additional bonuses out of holding the tokens.
"While Soma enables the use of multiple cryptographic currencies on its platform - There is a strong support for the use of SCT as a payment since it is incentivized by removing transaction costs from the transactions made in SCT."

Maybe essentially this is a utility token and not an invesment token, so they wont give you any special benefit for holding the tokens.

Wait what? Then why would people want to participate in the ICO at all? Is Soma some kind of philanthropic project?

To be able to answer that question I think we first need to know what exactly Soma's business model is. Has anyone found a description of it?

Well to be honest I am not really sure what their business model exactly is. Could it be possible that they charge a small fee when an trade/auction on their market place was successful?
I think so that's the business model of most marketplace tokens. I think that's the best way for a project to get profit.

Then why don't Soma say so in their whitepapers?

And fees on trades? I thought their vision was to "cut out the middlemen from the trading"!

This is the only thing I can find:

SCT complements a good business model with patent-pending features and it is inevitable fact that the crypto currencies will play a major role in the future of C2C-platforms

What is that good business model?

We have to guess?

I get what you mean, this whole topic in the whitepaper is too vague. It would be good to have someone of the team showing up here and answer such questions. It should be clear how the team plans to earn money with their working product.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
October 08, 2017, 02:54:00 PM
I can't believe everyone here is using android. Ok, my guess was android more common in here than ios. But i wasn't expecting this kind of difference.

Or there is some who already tested and keeping his thoughts to himself.
Maybe the app is so good that the iOs users want to keep it secret.  Grin

what we need here is for the dev's to step up and make a video of the alpha in action for us android users.
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
October 08, 2017, 02:25:03 PM
I asked a question while back but I do not think it was answered.

Has anyone found what benefits token buyers get out of holding the tokens?
The worth of the tokens will decrease if more people use this.
Although I don't think this is planned as an investment so you don't need to get additional bonuses out of holding the tokens.
"While Soma enables the use of multiple cryptographic currencies on its platform - There is a strong support for the use of SCT as a payment since it is incentivized by removing transaction costs from the transactions made in SCT."

Maybe essentially this is a utility token and not an invesment token, so they wont give you any special benefit for holding the tokens.

Wait what? Then why would people want to participate in the ICO at all? Is Soma some kind of philanthropic project?

To be able to answer that question I think we first need to know what exactly Soma's business model is. Has anyone found a description of it?

Well to be honest I am not really sure what their business model exactly is. Could it be possible that they charge a small fee when an trade/auction on their market place was successful?
I think so that's the business model of most marketplace tokens. I think that's the best way for a project to get profit.

Then why don't Soma say so in their whitepapers?

And fees on trades? I thought their vision was to "cut out the middlemen from the trading"!

This is the only thing I can find:

SCT complements a good business model with patent-pending features and it is inevitable fact that the crypto currencies will play a major role in the future of C2C-platforms

What is that good business model?

We have to guess?
Activity: 392
October 08, 2017, 02:18:28 PM
I can't believe everyone here is using android. Ok, my guess was android more common in here than ios. But i wasn't expecting this kind of difference.

Or there is some who already tested and keeping his thoughts to himself.
Maybe the app is so good that the iOs users want to keep it secret.  Grin
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
October 08, 2017, 02:16:12 PM
Good project !
Merit: 500
October 08, 2017, 02:00:34 PM
Soma is a platform that will be great for sellers but also for buyers. For exemple thanks to the social network buyers will be able more than ever to create customer loyalty which is a very important point in any business.

yes also soma will accept many payment methods like bitcoin ether and litecoin and Utrust payment etc. i think this project gonna on top. i am so excited because i am part of this project. me and my friend already in invested on Soma project.

What are the products that you can buy on the Social Marketplace?

Well that mostly depends what the community wants to sell. Its a marketplace for reselling things you don't need anymore.

Ok but in general everything could be sold there, right? Isn't it just like amazon in some sense?

how are you going to control illegal products for sale on platform? is it going to be available by rules in each country?
Activity: 1009
Merit: 261
October 08, 2017, 01:57:18 PM
Soma is a platform that will be great for sellers but also for buyers. For exemple thanks to the social network buyers will be able more than ever to create customer loyalty which is a very important point in any business.

yes also soma will accept many payment methods like bitcoin ether and litecoin and Utrust payment etc. i think this project gonna on top. i am so excited because i am part of this project. me and my friend already in invested on Soma project.

What are the products that you can buy on the Social Marketplace?

Well that mostly depends what the community wants to sell. Its a marketplace for reselling things you don't need anymore.

Ok but in general everything could be sold there, right? Isn't it just like amazon in some sense?
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
October 08, 2017, 01:53:12 PM
We are a lot who want to test the alpha, it will be very interesting. With the return of the alpha, investors will be very glad to see and understand how soma will work. A very good argument for the sucess of the project.

Indeed! A working alpha version is very important.
Investors will install it for testing, when they like it they will invest in this product.

Its not only an idea but a working alpha will give a lot of trust to the community.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 08, 2017, 01:48:33 PM
Im a bit curious about their alpha, can the team please do a SOMA walkthrough on the app for us who dont have an Iphone. thanks Smiley

We'll have to wait for some feedbacks from iPhones users.

Hope there will be enough to really test the application.

I dont know why they are waiting with android version. I know they said for now they will present just iOS one but i think they should invest some time to release a version for everyone else also. It will boost the ICO investments for sure.

Same here, more people are owning an Android phone.
It will be released and I really hope it will be fast because I'm very curious.

Is there anyone with an iOS who has tested this?

the dev's really need to get on this and have a video presentation up of this alpha. it's good for promoting the project.
probably while there is no presentation because it is necessary to recheck everything before launching, to eliminate all bugs and so on.
I think this is the right decision

But its already the second version of alpha so i would think they already fixed most of the bugs. It doesnt really take much time to take a video of your phone and scroll trough the platform just to give us a sense how the graphic interface looks.
I'm hoping that one of people here has iPhone and that he can give us a little walkaround of SOMA platform  Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 115
October 08, 2017, 01:12:22 PM
Im a bit curious about their alpha, can the team please do a SOMA walkthrough on the app for us who dont have an Iphone. thanks Smiley

I dont know why they are waiting with android version. I know they said for now they will present just iOS one but i think they should invest some time to release a version for everyone else also. It will boost the ICO investments for sure.

the dev's really need to get on this and have a video presentation up of this alpha. it's good for promoting the project.
probably while there is no presentation because it is necessary to recheck everything before launching, to eliminate all bugs and so on.

But its already the second version of alpha so i would think they already fixed most of the bugs. It doesnt really take much time to take a video of your phone and scroll trough the platform just to give us a sense how the graphic interface looks.
Activity: 490
Merit: 104
October 08, 2017, 12:44:12 PM

Activity: 448
Merit: 107
October 08, 2017, 12:37:29 PM
We are a lot who want to test the alpha, it will be very interesting. With the return of the alpha, investors will be very glad to see and understand how soma will work. A very good argument for the sucess of the project.
Activity: 154
October 08, 2017, 12:25:25 PM

Nobody posted yet about testing alpha.

I think in crypto community android is more common than iOS. I hope they release the alpha for android soon.

wait a little Wink yesterday i wrote that i will request the alpha today - so i do. but i just woke up so give me a little time Wink

Kindly give us feedback as I cannot test the Alpha version on my broken Iphone. Smiley

ALRIGHT! I just requested the Alpha for IOS ill keep you guys in touch - but im not quite sure how this works. didi that for the first time. the wanted my apple id so i gave it to them. and what comes next? is anybody experienced in that?

I think you will get a code for "Testflight" to install the app then. After this, you can try it, also update if there are updates.

just checked my emails - nothing in there - maybe this wont happen automaticly. or maybe it correlates with my newbie status. hope i dont geht no testflight due to my activity here on this board
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
October 08, 2017, 11:32:21 AM

I think in crypto community android is more common than iOS. I hope they release the alpha for android soon.

wait a little Wink yesterday i wrote that i will request the alpha today - so i do. but i just woke up so give me a little time Wink

Kindly give us feedback as I cannot test the Alpha version on my broken Iphone. Smiley

ALRIGHT! I just requested the Alpha for IOS ill keep you guys in touch - but im not quite sure how this works. didi that for the first time. the wanted my apple id so i gave it to them. and what comes next? is anybody experienced in that?

I think you will get a code for "Testflight" to install the app then. After this, you can try it, also update if there are updates.
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
October 08, 2017, 11:00:26 AM
Maybe alpha testers agreed to a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) ? If not, we will se a youtube video in the next few days I guess (by someone like Mike B for example, or Ian Balina)
Activity: 154
October 08, 2017, 10:50:20 AM

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
October 08, 2017, 10:17:50 AM
Anyone knows about the potential competitors of this project ?

I dont know anyone yet. I mean on blockchain and with crypto.
Only Pinterest  Grin But this is another story...
Merit: 500
October 08, 2017, 10:16:48 AM

i have not seen any yet. SOMA is different in nature that is why sale is steady. Decentralize ebay or marketplace
Activity: 294
October 08, 2017, 09:47:43 AM
Activity: 588
October 08, 2017, 09:38:01 AM

Jump to: