Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 203. (Read 92796 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
October 08, 2017, 08:15:21 PM
Soma will work as a social network, not only as a marketplace, so I think the rating system will be well developed. The way we will earn sct will work good I think, people will enjoy networking on a market place.

would be nice if they can get data for users from current social platform like facebook even ebay for seller or buyer rating
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 08, 2017, 08:06:03 PM
Soma is a partnership with Utrust. We have two serious projects that advance together and that support it is formidable.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
October 08, 2017, 08:05:13 PM
Soma will work as a social network, not only as a marketplace, so I think the rating system will be well developed. The way we will earn sct will work good I think, people will enjoy networking on a market place.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 293
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
October 08, 2017, 07:11:50 PM
Users will earn SCT for likes, followings and shares. What will they like follow and share? Online shops? Just don't understand

Just a guess, but I think it might be the other way around? ie. users earn SCT when other people link, follow, or share their products. Otherwise it will be very easy for an individual to just like/follow lots of things to earn SCT. It is still easy, the other way around, but less easy.

Indeed, they will like, share the stuff people are selling.
So if you are someone with a high rating and you like or share something from someone, people will trust this product and will buy it when you share it instead of someone new. You can compare it with Facebook x Steemit.

Will your rating on Soma be determined by your SCT balance, or is the rating mechanism separate from the tokens?
Rating system based only on balance would be just stupid because some whales would have the best rating out there Cheesy
I agree, the rating should be conducted according to relevance, the requests of people should be taken into account that to whom it is more interesting

so, how to make rating system better? track record? or trust point from other user?
Activity: 490
Merit: 104
October 08, 2017, 06:54:11 PM
Users will earn SCT for likes, followings and shares. What will they like follow and share? Online shops? Just don't understand

Just a guess, but I think it might be the other way around? ie. users earn SCT when other people link, follow, or share their products. Otherwise it will be very easy for an individual to just like/follow lots of things to earn SCT. It is still easy, the other way around, but less easy.

So if you are someone with a high rating and you like or share something from someone, people will trust this product and will buy it when you share it instead of someone new. You can compare it with Facebook x Steemit.

Will your rating on Soma be determined by your SCT balance, or is the rating mechanism separate from the tokens?
Rating system based only on balance would be just stupid because some whales would have the best rating out there Cheesy
I agree, the rating should be conducted according to relevance, the requests of people should be taken into account that to whom it is more interesting
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 08, 2017, 06:28:46 PM

Activity: 574
Merit: 115
October 08, 2017, 05:55:01 PM

Activity: 630
Merit: 276
October 08, 2017, 05:38:50 PM

Activity: 686
Merit: 101
October 08, 2017, 05:19:53 PM
Soma is a platform that will be great for sellers but also for buyers. For exemple thanks to the social network buyers will be able more than ever to create customer loyalty which is a very important point in any business.

yes also soma will accept many payment methods like bitcoin ether and litecoin and Utrust payment etc. i think this project gonna on top. i am so excited because i am part of this project. me and my friend already in invested on Soma project.

What are the products that you can buy on the Social Marketplace?

Well that mostly depends what the community wants to sell. Its a marketplace for reselling things you don't need anymore.

Ok but in general everything could be sold there, right? Isn't it just like amazon in some sense?

Since individuals will be selling their stuff, i believe you will be able to sell anything there. Ok, for sure no illegal items but other stuff shouldn't be a problem to put everything on the platform.
It's really interesting how people try to find comparisons to this platform but nothing fits.

That can be a good sign. If it isn't comparable to something we know, it can be something innovative what a lot of people are unknowingly already waiting for.
Activity: 252
October 08, 2017, 05:06:41 PM

Activity: 994
Merit: 278
October 08, 2017, 05:04:42 PM
Soma is a platform that will be great for sellers but also for buyers. For exemple thanks to the social network buyers will be able more than ever to create customer loyalty which is a very important point in any business.

yes also soma will accept many payment methods like bitcoin ether and litecoin and Utrust payment etc. i think this project gonna on top. i am so excited because i am part of this project. me and my friend already in invested on Soma project.

Well that mostly depends what the community wants to sell. Its a marketplace for reselling things you don't need anymore.

Ok but in general everything could be sold there, right? Isn't it just like amazon in some sense?

Since individuals will be selling their stuff, i believe you will be able to sell anything there. Ok, for sure no illegal items but other stuff shouldn't be a problem to put everything on the platform.
It's really interesting how people try to find comparisons to this platform but nothing fits.

Good point... That's how you know that Soma is on to something original Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 08, 2017, 05:03:03 PM

Like always, every platform that wants to operate legally needs to follow strict rules. In other case this will be next darknet market  Cool
Activity: 490
Merit: 104
October 08, 2017, 05:02:34 PM

I agree SOMA is difference of any else projects that is now exist, they comprehensively solve all the problems of such sites. and it's great
Activity: 299
Merit: 13
October 08, 2017, 05:00:53 PM
Activity: 154
0x3a730F3323481De284C92Ad82764D095f188B41b
October 08, 2017, 04:30:42 PM
SOMA is similar to the Taobao shop + community, similar to the Block Chain merchant community. Huh
Activity: 392
October 08, 2017, 04:19:53 PM

Activity: 294
October 08, 2017, 04:13:30 PM
Maybe alpha testers agreed to a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) ? If not, we will se a youtube video in the next few days I guess (by someone like Mike B for example, or Ian Balina)

It would be surprising. Words go out pretty quickly in the crypto world, and the more buzz there the better it is for the ICO.
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
October 08, 2017, 04:12:26 PM
just wondering if i should request the alpha for ios - anybody don that so far?

i have, the new version came out today!

I'vd tried a few times but the website isn't accepting my input. I'll try again with a different browser because Safari isn't working for me.
Activity: 798
October 08, 2017, 04:11:28 PM

Activity: 574
October 08, 2017, 03:50:03 PM
Then why don't Soma say so in their whitepapers?

And fees on trades? I thought their vision was to "cut out the middlemen from the trading"!

This is the only thing I can find:

SCT complements a good business model with patent-pending features and it is inevitable fact that the crypto currencies will play a major role in the future of C2C-platforms

What is that good business model?

We have to guess?

I get what you mean, this whole topic in the whitepaper is too vague. It would be good to have someone of the team showing up here and answer such questions. It should be clear how the team plans to earn money with their working product.

Elsewhere I read Soma's goal is to be "Facebook for items". Facebook did not have a business model (not a good one at least) until after their IPO: mobile ads. Maybe with Soma it will be the same in that they figure out the business model along the way Wink
Jump to: