Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] VLB - The Ultimate Blockchain Fuel for the Vehicle Lifecycle Industy - page 120. (Read 49095 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 253
At the Moscow blockchain conference we spoke with Marina Guryeva, the CEO of the cyber • Fund. She said that the most promising blockchain projects were those that help creating trust in the environments where no one trusts each other. For example, on the automotive market we have car dealers, repair shops, insurance companies and banks that have to verify information one after another. This creates inefficiency and redundancy in business processes and information. Blockchain database can store information for all market participants and eliminate the need to verify it every time, which will decrease transaction costs, reduce fraud and allow selling cars at a fair price. Buying a car is not a gamble anymore. Join the first vehicle lifecycle blockchain story with CarFix and VLB Token (www.vlb.io)!

I think the most interesting part for me is decrease transaction costs, i mean lets face it........ the economy is not at its best and cutting cost very necessary nowadays so having an automotive market powered by blockchain that covers all aspect is key. But again in this aspect what happens when the VLB token price increases, wouldn't it be now more expensive to use this platform?
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
The vehicle industry is a huge market. The future looks beautiful.
I will continue to pay attention to this project
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
Interesting idea. The guys see the problem in the market and see the solution. I will follow your project.
copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain - vlb.io
At the Moscow blockchain conference we spoke with Marina Guryeva, the CEO of the cyber • Fund. She said that the most promising blockchain projects were those that help creating trust in the environments where no one trusts each other. For example, on the automotive market we have car dealers, repair shops, insurance companies and banks that have to verify information one after another. This creates inefficiency and redundancy in business processes and information. Blockchain database can store information for all market participants and eliminate the need to verify it every time, which will decrease transaction costs, reduce fraud and allow selling cars at a fair price. Buying a car is not a gamble anymore. Join the first vehicle lifecycle blockchain story with CarFix and VLB Token (www.vlb.io)!
copper member

This would be awesome! Can someone on the dev team please elaborate on this?

Already working on it.
Activity: 280
Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway
is there any partnership or deal with manufacture or company to pilot this?

Customers at the moment: all CarFix's current customers and partners, suppliers, services, the car owners, insurance companies.  They will use the blockchain using CarFix platform's existing interfaces.

Having an already working company makes you ahead of other icos I can definitely say that. You have the market, customers, partnerships etc. It's an amazing thing for an ico.

So you company exist for approximately 1 year and a half? So how many customers you have per month, if i get it correctly, you dont own those repair shops, you are just partners with them?

for the whole period its about 50 000+ customers. We can't say per month because the number is changing all the time.
Yes, we do not need to own these repair shops.

so you guys are basically building a franchise of sort , which the repair shops can adhere to.

Yep, that's what it seems. The team is big enough in both devs and advisors so maybe a further explanation is welcome.

What are your partnership targets (Volkswagen, Uber - seem impressive, hope it's not just ramblings).

This would be awesome! Can someone on the dev team please elaborate on this?
Activity: 658
Merit: 250

Yep, that's what it seems. The team is big enough in both devs and advisors so maybe a further explanation is welcome.

What are your partnership targets (Volkswagen, Uber - seem impressive, hope it's not just ramblings).

As for Uber
UBER Drivers are provided the special terms for car repair and maintenance on CarFix Platform.

Volkswagen - as all the Vehicle manufacturers.
Here is an abstract from our WP page 14:

— Will be able to instantly and reliably verify maintenance records in events of
warranty claims from vehicle owners
— Will leverage Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain to ensure that MSRPs are observed by
manufacturer-authorized repairs shops with respect to pricing of the repair and
maintenance jobs
— Will have access to real-time data about original spare part demand by region and
by specific SKU# and will be able to plan geographic supply chains with greater
precision, efficiency and granularity down to specific repair shops
Great, you have a few popular names on your project, hopefully many people will be able to see this project.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605
so this project is car industry related like auxiliary services for the car as fuel repair and maintenance which will be able to pay with the crypto currency very nice idea,i hope they will have many partnerships with major brands...
copper member

As for Uber
UBER Drivers are provided the special terms for car repair and maintenance on CarFix Platform.

Volkswagen - as all the Vehicle manufacturers.
Here is an abstract from our WP page 14:

— Will be able to instantly and reliably verify maintenance records in events of
warranty claims from vehicle owners
— Will leverage Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain to ensure that MSRPs are observed by
manufacturer-authorized repairs shops with respect to pricing of the repair and
maintenance jobs
— Will have access to real-time data about original spare part demand by region and
by specific SKU# and will be able to plan geographic supply chains with greater
precision, efficiency and granularity down to specific repair shops
copper member
Do VLB tokens comply with ERC-20/EIP-20 standard? Can they be transferred to an external ETH wallet?

Yes, VLB Token is based on Etherium ERC20 standard
Tokens can be sold on the exchange for ETH.

So, you will dont have own blockchain? Why in description you wrote: "VLB - The Ultimate Blockchain"  Huh

No, in the future, we will create our own blockchain.

The main reasons for creating your own blockchain are:
1) We do not want to depend on the ETH exchange rate and the gas price for confirmation of the transaction can become significant;
2) In blockchain Ethereum there is no way to ensure the confidentiality of private information.

Its very good. When you will launch own blockchain? And how we can change than your tokens for coins?

In 2018, you can find it in our Road map in the end.
We will not have our own tokens. The same tokens will stay on the Ethereum platform.
Activity: 182
Great looking project!
Glad I found out about this one.

Will be doing some more research but seems like a great project to invest.
Car industry is a huge industry.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
Do VLB tokens comply with ERC-20/EIP-20 standard? Can they be transferred to an external ETH wallet?

Yes, VLB Token is based on Etherium ERC20 standard
Tokens can be sold on the exchange for ETH.

So, you will dont have own blockchain? Why in description you wrote: "VLB - The Ultimate Blockchain"  Huh

No, in the future, we will create our own blockchain.

The main reasons for creating your own blockchain are:
1) We do not want to depend on the ETH exchange rate and the gas price for confirmation of the transaction can become significant;
2) In blockchain Ethereum there is no way to ensure the confidentiality of private information.

Its very good. When you will launch own blockchain? And how we can change than your tokens for coins?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Customers at the moment: all CarFix's current customers and partners, suppliers, services, the car owners, insurance companies.  They will use the blockchain using CarFix platform's existing interfaces.

Having an already working company makes you ahead of other icos I can definitely say that. You have the market, customers, partnerships etc. It's an amazing thing for an ico.

So you company exist for approximately 1 year and a half? So how many customers you have per month, if i get it correctly, you dont own those repair shops, you are just partners with them?

for the whole period its about 50 000+ customers. We can't say per month because the number is changing all the time.

so you guys are basically building a franchise of sort , which the repair shops can adhere to.

Activity: 588

Activity: 574
Merit: 115
I hope VLB can make a much needed change in Russia, but this does not give much hope.

A representative for the technical regulation agency noted that they have not run the environmental test on Volkswagen diesel cars and have no plans to do so, so the agency does not possess any data on violations.

https://www.rbth.com/business/2016/02/24/volkswagen-could-escape-punishment-for-dieselgate-in-russia_570395

Even if you can immutably store emissions data, provided they are reliable, there is still the government who do not take emissions seriously.

But hey, better than not trying at all.
copper member

The ICO starts in 12 days, and only 20 days for token sale. Do you have plans of extending the ICO if it does not sell out?

In this case we return all the payments. But we are sure we'll gather all the necessary sum.

You plan to return fundings if you not sell out? So there is just a hard cap which need to be raised or do you have something like an soft cap for a minimal funding?

Of course. The soft cap is 25,000 ETH.

i assume that the not sold tokens during the ico sale will be burned?

or do you not have planned this?

They will be destroyed.
Activity: 952
Merit: 137

The ICO starts in 12 days, and only 20 days for token sale. Do you have plans of extending the ICO if it does not sell out?

In this case we return all the payments. But we are sure we'll gather all the necessary sum.

You plan to return fundings if you not sell out? So there is just a hard cap which need to be raised or do you have something like an soft cap for a minimal funding?

Of course. The soft cap is 25,000 ETH.

i assume that the not sold tokens during the ico sale will be burned?

or do you not have planned this?
Activity: 350
It's all about the cryptocoins
If this project will get www attention and is able to unfold it over the whole globe, this could be very very interesting.
glad I got my attention pointed out to this one.. following and extremely excited to read all about it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
An interesting tidbit in the VLB whitepaper:

Operations intrinsic to the blockchain with the interface developed by CarFix include: sale, insurance, warranty protection, emissions monitoring, repair and maintenance

I commend CarFix's effort to monitor emissions and increase transparency in the automotive industry.

In this regard I find it curious that VLB has partnered with Volkswagen Group, who have been less than willing to be transparent about emissions in the past years.
copper member

We are happy to announce that Igor Pesin became a part of our advisory board. Igor is a Partner at Life.SREDA VC, a global fintech & blockchain venture capital fund, headquartered in Singapore.

As an investment director at Life.SREDA Igor has executed more than 20 fintech deals across the globe – in the US, Europe, CIS and Asia. Life.SREDA's portfolio companies include well-know projects in the fintech space: Simple bank (sold to BBVA financial group), Moven, Fidor, Anthemis, SumUp, Allset, Rocketbank, Lenddo etc.

Igor also serves as a board member and an advisory board member at a number of companies such as SumUp (Germany), Allset (US), Fastacash (Singapore), SoftPay (Vietnam), Scorista (Russia), Lenddo (US), Ayannah (Philippines), Mobikon (India), Yolopay (Singapore).

Previous Igor’s background includes a mix of corporate and entrepreneurial experience: 5 years in management consulting and M&A (Strategy Partners Group, KPMG, IT businesses of JFK System) and 4 years as a serial entrepreneur, launching and managing startups in e-commerce and fintech.
Jump to: