Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN/INFO] CARDSMITHS - CURRENCY SERIES 1 TRADING CARDS - page 45. (Read 23841 times)

copper member
Activity: 1252
Merit: 108
I wouldn't go by the numbers you can load into the shopping card on the website.  There is no science to those numbers at all.

Also, there is a good chunk of the remaining inventory going out this week to a large retailer.  Should be on shelves starting in mid to late April.

I see them listed on walmart now Cool not sure if they were listed there before but that's awesome

Wow. Go big or go home.  Way to go cardsmiths team

Might also want to check your local Gamestop store.  ;-)

Also, if you like to get your Target 5%:  https://www.target.com/p/cardsmiths-currency-series-1-trading-cards-2-pack-collector-s-box/-/A-88045337#lnk=sametab

Noice!!! Should see more interest in individual cards with folks wanting to complete sets
Activity: 269
Merit: 23
I wouldn't go by the numbers you can load into the shopping card on the website.  There is no science to those numbers at all.

Also, there is a good chunk of the remaining inventory going out this week to a large retailer.  Should be on shelves starting in mid to late April.

I see them listed on walmart now Cool not sure if they were listed there before but that's awesome

Also, if you like to get your Target 5%:  https://www.target.com/p/cardsmiths-currency-series-1-trading-cards-2-pack-collector-s-box/-/A-88045337#lnk=sametab

that's awesome, congrats!!! I will check out my gamestop this week. edit - just went to mine but not in stock (yet). will definitely buy a few when I see them
Activity: 464
Merit: 74

Also, if you like to get your Target 5%:  https://www.target.com/p/cardsmiths-currency-series-1-trading-cards-2-pack-collector-s-box/-/A-88045337#lnk=sametab
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
Who's got the Onyx Refractor for me? Cheesy

Much wow here!

What numbers are these cards? It would be amazing to have a set of all #1 refractor cards, including the prized Onyx 1/1

092/149
13/99
09/49
08/25
03/10
2/5
Activity: 478
Merit: 22

Much wow here!

What numbers are these cards? It would be amazing to have a set of all #1 refractor cards, including the prized Onyx 1/1
copper member

That's what I call a flush or is it full house.  Lol
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596

copper member

Wow. Go big or go home.  Way to go cardsmiths team
Activity: 269
Merit: 23

Activity: 478
Merit: 22
Just want to thank everyone for their support of the Currency cards.  Can't wait to get moving on Series 2.  Hoping to have those out later this year.

In the meantime, we do sell other trading card sets for those we are interested in various pop-culture titles:  https://cardsmiths.com/
Thanks for the update, can't wait to hear what's going to be in series 2
Just want to thank everyone for their support of the Currency cards.  Can't wait to get moving on Series 2.  Hoping to have those out later this year.

In the meantime, we do sell other trading card sets for those we are interested in various pop-culture titles:  https://cardsmiths.com/
copper member
What exactly is a "blowout card"? I'm new to card collecting Wink

Blowout cards are probably the biggest name internet card shops.  They make huge wholesale orders of boxes and cases and sell them globally.  They mark up the items based on demand so if they have a trout rookie case expect to pay an astronomical price.
Activity: 606
Merit: 273
What exactly is a "blowout card"? I'm new to card collecting Wink
copper member
I card trader reached out to me about cardsmiths cases and I think I sold him/her on it. He said he was through with retail boxes. I agreed given the low hit rate but I explained that cardsmiths trade well and the  obvious opportunity for score a high end redemption card.  Put these on blowout cards and I'm sure they'll fly off the shelves
copper member
If going to sell in hobby shops,  may I suggest blowout cards.  Comc.com gives sellers a discount to buy store credit so you open yourself to thousands of sellers who don't want to cash out causing a taxable event.
copper member
Hey Jupityr, maybe you guys can print some diamond refractor meta-rares also, as a special reward for those few who JUST missed the cutoff Smiley Right now the diamond refractors are the only refractor set without meta-rares, right?

That would trump a 1/1. Hard to beat a 1/1. But a retractor of the character of your choice would do it.  Then print no more??
Activity: 606
Merit: 273
Hey Jupityr, maybe you guys can print some diamond refractor meta-rares also, as a special reward for those few who JUST missed the cutoff Smiley Right now the diamond refractors are the only refractor set without meta-rares, right?
A quick update on the Set Redemptions.

We are just waiting for the printer to finish the 1/1 Diamond Cards.  They estimated they would be done by now, but in typical printer fashion they have been delayed.  We expect to see the test prints this week and hoping to have everything wrapped up in the next 2-3 weeks.

Appreciate everyone's patience.
I wouldn't go by the numbers you can load into the shopping card on the website.  There is no science to those numbers at all.

Also, there is a good chunk of the remaining inventory going out this week to a large retailer.  Should be on shelves starting in mid to late April.

Notice you switched the cart to only allow 50 cases to show up so you can’t use the numbers on the website at all… smart move

Any update on the diamond redemptions? Will we at least get a confirmation/shipping email?

Not I, but the web team was due to adjust numbers since that larger order shipped this week.

Diamond redemptions are still being printed.  They will likely tackle everything all at once.
copper member
I believe Jupityr said at one point that series 2 was already completed. I was hoping they wouldnt release series 2 until series 1 was sold out or close to sold out. Heres some non scientific data i was playing with last night. There were a total of 2125 cases for sale when project opened in July. As of last night there were 537 cases left for sale on their website. That would mean that around 75% of the cards have been sold in 8 months. So predicted sell out date would be around June. But, heres the caveat. Its possible that Cardsmiths dosent have all cases loaded on website. Also many of the cases are probably at third party sellers. So just because cardsmiths sold them dosent mean there in the customers hand yet. Either way encouraged by these numbers. I think we'll  be sold out in 2023

My previous calculation was incorrect. While its true that on their website under cases there are only around 530 cases available. However, i never looked under individual boxes as well. When i looked at total available cards under cases, half cases, and individual boxes the total was much higher. It appears that about 25% have been sold and more like 1400 cases still available. This makes much more sense since much of the onyx cards and all or most of the 1 btc cards have yet to be discovered. Most of the greatest cards are still to be discovered. Keep hunting people. As time goes on and people find this project, the faster they will sell.

Some more simple math I did on this fine Sunday. Including the 11 Meta rare cards, there are a total of 73 cards. This is the amount of boxes you need to purchase before you find one of these cards.

Beryl cards- Purchase 9.3 boxes to find one
 Emerald cards- purchase 13.9 boxes to find one
 Amethyst cards- purchase 27.9 boxes to find one
 Ruby cards- purchase 55.8 boxes to find one
 Gold cards- purchase 139 boxes to find one
 Sapphire cards- purchase 279 boxes to find one
Onyx card- purchase 1397 boxes to find one

Assuming you did purchase 1397 boxes to find one onyx card. You would have a total of 13,970 cards. Of those cards you found 150 beryl cards, 100 emerald cards, 50 Amethyst cards, 25 ruby cards, 10 gold cards, 5 sapphire cards and 1 onyx card. You would also have 13,629 base cards ( plus MR & CF in there). lol, to much alcohol and time on my hands

In my experience these numbers are too optimistic.  I was thinking you meant the square boxes with 12 mini boxes. I opened 8 cases and got 2 gold and 2 sapphires. According to these numbers I should have 35 beryl or so. I may have 25 at best and all other varieties I'm well short as well
Pages:
Jump to: