Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][IPO] Numus (Pow/Pos - Scrypt-Jane) | Decentralized Exchange |Cloud Storage - page 13. (Read 19894 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
I've read the whitepaper, but the only thing that really concerns me is regarding the Decentralized Exchange. Though I see no current flaws in it, there may be ways to sort of abuse it.

In the end I see one of three ways abuse would be attempted:

1) [John claims he did not receive $200 but actually did. John declines.]
John = +$200, -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -0.1 NMS

2) [Jenny claims to have sent $200, but actually did not. John declines.]
John = -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -0.1 NMS

3) [Jenny claims to have sent $200, but actually sent $100. John either accepts or declines.]
This is a mutual destruction scenario in which some interesting game theory may end up coming into play.

3a) John declines (mutual destruction)

John = +$100, -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -$100, -0.1 NMS

3b) John accepts (John realizes that either way he will lose 2 NMS but this will save him the collateral 0.1 NMS)
John = +$100, -2 NMS
Jenny = -$100, +2 NMS
John and Jenny don't have any prior knowledge of each other. When posting the trade order on the exchange only the traders Numus addresses are shown (banking details are transferred once the payment has been initiated) thus anonomity is ensured. The network automatically links to two open trade orders from Jenny and John, so they have no possible knowledge of each other besides their Numus address and thus no prior incentive to scam each other.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I don't know about others, but I would prefer to see these coins with a small premine as opposed to IPO.  I understand coin development cost time and money, however pre-mine encourages the dev to stick with the coin and develop it so their pre-mine becomes worth something. too many IPO's lately where the dev promises the world and then is hardly seen after launch.  On the face of it this coin looks good but the IPO in my view is a deterrent.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I've read the whitepaper, but the only thing that really concerns me is regarding the Decentralized Exchange. Though I see no current flaws in it, there may be ways to sort of abuse it.

In the end I see one of three ways abuse would be attempted:

1) [John claims he did not receive $200 but actually did. John declines.]
John = +$200, -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -0.1 NMS

2) [Jenny claims to have sent $200, but actually did not. John declines.]
John = -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -0.1 NMS

3) [Jenny claims to have sent $200, but actually sent $100. John either accepts or declines.]
This is a mutual destruction scenario in which some interesting game theory may end up coming into play.

3a) John declines (mutual destruction)

John = +$100, -2.1 NMS
Jenny = -$100, -0.1 NMS

3b) John accepts (John realizes that either way he will lose 2 NMS but this will save him the collateral 0.1 NMS)
John = +$100, -2 NMS
Jenny = -$100, +2 NMS
Activity: 17
Activity: 84
no escrow  , never join in
As mentioned earlier, investors may use optional escrow at their own discretion.

Anon136
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/anon136-3028

He is great man which we can trust
You can ask him to escrow

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5959495

Yes, the BTT escrow should be better. And Anon136 is full qualified.
Anyway, he doubled the escrow fee from 0.01btc to 0.02btc. A bad news... Sad

BTW, your name is famous!
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
As mentioned earlier, investors may use optional escrow at their own discretion.

Anon136
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/anon136-3028

He is great man which we can trust
You can ask him to escrow

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5959495
Another IPO scam?

0 post account. Who are you?

Another Stackcoin. Yes, it'is.

We have kept our identities unknown, mainly for privacy reasons. Please take a look at what we have posted first before prematurely making accusations solely based on the fact that we are offering an IPO.
Activity: 84
Another IPO scam?

0 post account. Who are you?

Another Stackcoin. Yes, it'is.
Activity: 67
Love your marketing. Will be investing pretty soon.
Activity: 262
Quick question, the IPO is currently live right?
Yes, the IPO is live and will close on April 20th at 12:00PM GMT which is exactly 3 weeks from now.
Activity: 70
Quick question, the IPO is currently live right?
Activity: 70
We have updated our IPO to include optional escrow. Those investors who feel the need to make use of an escrow agent may use their trusted escrow agent at their own discretion, but can expect delays in receiving their NMS of between 1 and 2 weeks.

Good to hear
The more people are using Numus as a currency and exchange them, the more coins will be destroyed as transaction fees... Wink
This is to offset the inflation caused by the proof-of-stake minting process.
Activity: 308
The more people are using Numus as a currency and exchange them, the more coins will be destroyed as transaction fees... Wink
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
Steady inflation

Numusis designed so that it will theoretically experience as teady 1% "decentralized" inflation per year  yielding an unlimited number of coins.

lol NO
We have updated our IPO to include optional escrow. Those investors who feel the need to make use of an escrow agent may use their trusted escrow agent at their own discretion, but can expect delays in receiving their NMS of between 1 and 2 weeks.
Pages:
Jump to: