Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][IPO] Numus (Pow/Pos - Scrypt-Jane) | Decentralized Exchange |Cloud Storage - page 14. (Read 19894 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

The marketing is good, i give you that. You don't trust Escrow, fine, we have not a single reason to trust you...work both ways.
The only way out is to reveal your identity or a legal entity to sue if a problem happen...not a big deal if you don't plan to run away with the funds.

What about that?

As mentioned earlier, we don't plan to make our identities public, solely for privacy reasons. We have now decided to allow investors in the IPO to make use of an escrow agent of their choice at their own discretion. We will not employ a single escrow agent to handle the transfer of all funds. Those investors who feel the need to make use of an escrow agent may use their trusted escrow agent, but can expect delays in receiving their NMS of between 1 and 2 weeks.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
We shall not be using escrow for the IPO, simply due to the fact we have no guarantee that the individual who is providing the escrow will keep the funds safely and not take the funds that have been raised and run away with them.

Just ... LOL

And what guarantee do WE have that you won't run with the funds yourself?

Till now we saw many IPO scams but not many escrows running with the funds (if any).

Having a professional video, website or whatever doesn't make you more legit than other IPO scams ... it doesn't cost much to hire a freelancer and setup a website, a video and the whole thing ... compared to what you will earn when you disappear with all the IPO.

So please explain yourself why would we even trust you for a second.

Edit: Is there any reason some would trust you instead of this person who is running a successful escrow ... https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/escrowms-76380 ?

I will re-iterate the point which I made earlier. For escrow to work both parties must trust the individual providing the escrow service. We simply do not trust a single escrower with the sum of all the funds raised from the IPO.

Its not only a case of trust in the escrower, but also a case of security. We can't guarantee that the escrower will perform proper security practices to ensure the safekeeping of the funds. With funds under our control we can monitor them and ensure that any hack to steal the funds doesn't take place.

We have spent a great deal of time and money on developing and marketing Numus. We have tried to show you our vision for Numus and what problems we hope to thwart with it. We are trying to be as transparent as possible by releasing our whitepaper. Our whitepaper details virtually every aspect of Numus, and is 19 pages long. Ask yourself had we wanted to scam people, would we have spent so much time detailing the inner workings of a currency which would never come to fruition?

The marketing is good, i give you that. You don't trust Escrow, fine, we have not a single reason to trust you...work both ways.
The only way out is to reveal your identity or a legal entity to sue if a problem happen...not a big deal if you don't plan to run away with the funds.

What about that?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
As I said many times
IF YOU TAKE YOUR COIN SERIOUSLY, ESCROW SERVICE IS REALLY NECESSARY.
Activity: 70
We shall not be using escrow for the IPO, simply due to the fact we have no guarantee that the individual who is providing the escrow will keep the funds safely and not take the funds that have been raised and run away with them.

Just ... LOL

Till now we saw many IPO scams but not many escrows running with the funds (if any).

Having a professional video, website or whatever doesn't make you more legit than other IPO scams ... it doesn't cost much to hire a freelancer and setup a website, a video and the whole thing ... compared to what you will earn when you disappear with all the IPO.

Edit: Is there any reason some would trust you instead of this person who is running a successful escrow ... https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/escrowms-76380 ?

LOL @ you thinking freelancer are easy to work with. Face it most of them are either from India or Pakistan and are hard to communicate with. I'm not saying that Numus didn't use freelancers , but it seems very unlikely that a freelancer could deliver a website or video with as much quality as Numus'
another IPO , so long time to wait, are you kidding me ?
Numus will launch on 1 June 2014, which is just over 2 months from now. The purpose of this IPO is to raise funds for further development and marketing, we have currently been paying for development and marketing costs with our own funds. 

Just ... LOL

I will re-iterate the point which I made earlier. For escrow to work both parties must trust the individual providing the escrow service. We simply do not trust a single escrower with the sum of all the funds raised from the IPO.

Its not only a case of trust in the escrower, but also a case of security. We can't guarantee that the escrower will perform proper security practices to ensure the safekeeping of the funds. With funds under our control we can monitor them and ensure that any hack to steal the funds doesn't take place.

We have spent a great deal of time and money on developing and marketing Numus. We have tried to show you our vision for Numus and what problems we hope to thwart with it. We are trying to be as transparent as possible by releasing our whitepaper. Our whitepaper details virtually every aspect of Numus, and is 19 pages long. Ask yourself had we wanted to scam people, would we have spent so much time detailing the inner workings of a currency which would never come to fruition?

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Consider using escrow for the people that want to invest, without that you would see a lot of stackcoin.gif inserted here:))
Activity: 41

Just ... LOL

Graphics and stuff looks nice and professional and all... but your specs on the proof of stake interest, etc. are like that because you didn't change any of it from peercoin.  Are you going to get this onto leveldb?
Currently, we have no plans of getting Numus onto LevelDB. Though we are open to suggestions.
Activity: 483
another IPO , so long time to wait, are you kidding me ?
We have kept our identities unknown, mainly for privacy reasons. Please take a look at what we have posted first before prematurely making accusations solely based on the fact that we are offering an IPO.

privacy reasons? Unless you are Satoshi Nakamoto, there is no need for this. Are you planning on an escrow for the IPO? if there is no escrow, then you are a scammer, plain and simple.

Hi,

Without an escrow, how do people know that you won't do that exact same thing with the funds? Also, "Wil you be a part of it?" on your website has a typo.

With that said, your project looks professional. Good luck.

-edit- Also, the link to your whitepaper at the top of the thread does not work.
Link has been fixed.
Activity: 112
Looks great.  I LIKE THE COIN
Activity: 294
Looks great. I like the professional video. And escrow should work if both parties trust the escrow.
Activity: 27
Graphics and stuff looks nice and professional and all... but your specs on the proof of stake interest, etc. are like that because you didn't change any of it from peercoin.  Are you going to get this onto leveldb?
Activity: 282
We have kept our identities unknown, mainly for privacy reasons. Please take a look at what we have posted first before prematurely making accusations solely based on the fact that we are offering an IPO.

privacy reasons? Unless you are Satoshi Nakamoto, there is no need for this. Are you planning on an escrow for the IPO? if there is no escrow, then you are a scammer, plain and simple.

Hi,

Without an escrow, how do people know that you won't do that exact same thing with the funds? Also, "Wil you be a part of it?" on your website has a typo.

With that said, your project looks professional. Good luck.

-edit- Also, the link to your whitepaper at the top of the thread does not work.
Read the whitepaper, seems very very interesting. Count me in, gonna be investing for sure
I've got to say this is the most professional crypto I've seen in quite a while. Watched the video, checking out the Whitepaper now.
humus ?
If you take a look at our website which can be found here : http://numus.org you'll find that Numus means currency in Latin
well, I have saw the whole video , it's a more professional video than other coin.
So let us waiting and watching.
See what happens.

the video is pretty cool
Please take a look at our whitepaper, our video is only an introduction to Numus. Our whitepaper contains all the information you need to know regarding Numus.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
well, I have saw the whole video , it's a more professional video than other coin.
So let us waiting and watching.
See what happens.

the video is pretty cool
Pages:
Jump to: