Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 287. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
What does BarterDEX decentralized exchange offer that EtherDelta, BitShare, Omisego, Blocknet, Binance decentralized exchanges don't?
only blocknet also does native coin swaps
but none of them are integrated with JUMBLR
I also dont think any have liquidity multiplier

How does liquidity multiplier feature increase the demand for komodo?
it makes it more useful, presumably that will increase the demand. Maybe more useful things have no extra demand, but I am working under the assumption that the more useful something is, the more it will be used

Actually EtherDelta seems to have liquidity multiplier too. Just ordered few trades that costs more that what I have in my wallet, and looks like it executes whatever meet the ask/bid the first, but I may be wrong

What's so special about liquidity multiplier? It looks to me as a simple if/then statement cause we're not using more capital than we have in our wallets!
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I Did not understand
what will be the diffrence between KMD and ETH ico's?

Functionality wise they are similar but KMD has scalability, coinmixer and a dICO . But ethereum has made its foothold and enjoys a lot of DAOs . Until a fully functional Supernet is still within striking distance, Ethereum continue to dominate.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
I Did not understand

Let me take a crack at this one.

ETH ico tokens are for ever attached to ETH. If ETH chain gets bogged down or goes haywire, so does the ico token. Also due to the nature of the way these tokens are exchanged, through centralized exchanges, this presents an attack vector from the nanny state declaring your tokens illegal.

KMD ico tokens, are their own chain, and come as secure as Bitcoin. They easily can live in the KMD ecosystem or they can go live a life outside of this ecosystem. The KMD ecosystem includes a decentralized exchange. This eliminates said attack vector above. The jumblr method can also be applied as a furthur way to help protect your privacy.

Hope that helps
Activity: 280
I Did not understand
Activity: 282
Merit: 260
Quotes of Bruce Fenton tweets:
"10/ it's sort of a Napster move by the Chinese govt: it will accelerate the bit torrent of Bitcoin exchange -  & strengthen black market"  
"8/ result will be a quick period of a rising black market in China followed by more decentralized exchanges, global growth & tech solutions"

Favorable winds for BarterDEX,long life Komodo! Kiss Kiss
Activity: 383
Merit: 252
What does BarterDEX decentralized exchange offer that EtherDelta, BitShare, Omisego, Blocknet, Binance decentralized exchanges don't?

The DEX collects fees from the client side which end up getting sold for komodo and given out as revshares.

it makes it more useful, presumably that will increase the demand. Maybe more useful things have no extra demand, but I am working under the assumption that the more useful something is, the more it will be used

Is KMD the "gas" of executing liquid multiplier?

https://askubuntu.com/questions/534210/how-to-create-an-iso-from-current-installation

Idea.

Someone install several coins, kmd, litecoin, bitcoin, sys, chips, hush, etc

Install a working agama

Install barterdex

Then make a .iso, for a bootable usb or installer

https://askubuntu.com/questions/534210/how-to-create-an-iso-from-current-installation

Wouldn't that work?

Ive got $100 towards it.... Hint hint, save me a headache
Activity: 476
Merit: 133

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
I Just bought some more KOMODO. I think it settled down now !
http://perc360.com/komodo-kmd-crypto-exchange-release-coming-soon/ I like this a lot

I've been trying to build a barterdex machine. I purchased off of craigslist a used desktop, i7 8g ram for ~$200
Ubuntu 16 was extremely easy to install (via ubuntu's instructions, I put it on a thumb drive then installed over that god awful windows os)

My goal is to recreate the kmd-litecoin swap as seen in the ptytrader video
litecoin was relatively easy to install via their website and I've been fumbling around with trying to get syscoin installed and fumbling with chips.
Of course as luck would have it, I just found this beauty
https://support.supernet.org/support/solutions/articles/29000014808-installation-script-for-various-coins

The Good
I followed this guide for kmd and barterdex
https://support.supernet.org/support/solutions/articles/29000014810-barterdex-linux-installation-guide-komodo-btc

Following the instructions, 
I got komodo to install and sync correctly I believe. (blocks and longest chain match)
I then copy pasted the rest of the instructions from the above install link down to where it says to bitcoin. (I have no interest at the moment of downloading that beast)

At this point, I think the barterdex is running, I'm not sure how to check if I did it correctly. I'm also not sure what to do next/ how to use it. I don't really even know how to start or stop it. I just left it running.
[I was also just focusing on installing the barterdex in this step, kmd was not running, so not sure if it needed to be running for install)

The Bad
I also noticed that the install guide for barterdex (link above) was not entirely as accurate as the https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/Installing-Komodo-Manually

Note (I'm not a linux wizard) but I had to figure out how to install from root (ubuntu 16 doesn't allow easy root access)
The beginning line for the dex install says '# as root'. I googled this and came up with (sudo -i)

The other question I had about the install was the switching to barterdex user at the end of that section. When installing the marketmaker section, this is installed under the barterdex user. I assume this is correct? It also appears these instructions will install bitcoin (which i didn't do) under the barterdex user. Should I be installing all coins including kmd with barterdex user?

The Ugly
I see that there is no swing wallet for the linux kmd. If I so choose to use a gui, can I launch command line kmd then launch agama into native mode?

Also how does the uglygui fit it? Should I ignore this or should I install this?
https://github.com/SuperNETorg/dexuglygui

From the instructions it appears to only swap exactly 100kmd for bitcoin? Although from one of the videos it shows otherwise I think, old instructions?.

Obviously, I am a little lost at this point in time. There is a supernet forum, a wiki page, this support page (linked above) that comes from supernet.org, the reddit page, bitcointalk page, the slack page, the github page, videos on youtube, and the komodo platform page.

The most helpful has been the support.supernet.org. But it kinda seems like info is all over the place and I'm really having to do some digging.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _--
So TLDR.
I want to recreate the litecoin-kmd swap.

I believe that I have installed litecoin and kmd successfully (although I did just find that gem of a doc 'installation-script-for-various-coins', though haven't tried it yet)

1. I'm not sure If I installed barterdex correctly or how to use it, start it, etc.
2. I am also interested in trying the various gui. How do they work with the command line installs I have done? ie: start komodo then start agama? or start kmd and start litecoin then start uglygui?
3. I am interested in also trying to do a litecoin to syscoin swap. Can we get more guides? Can we get a video of a non-kmd coin to another non-kmd coin?

Thanks
Activity: 224
Just let it bleed to the 30k sats range again and buy it all.

Looking forward for this too. I am so much worried to buy witj current market distability (of almost every coin) I think KMD is still in motion of establishing new bottom price level, better wait for it to be settled down before buying again.

+1
I think that it will keep that way untill the actual first ICO
Activity: 476
Merit: 133
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Just let it bleed to the 30k sats range again and buy it all.

Looking forward for this too. I am so much worried to buy witj current market distability (of almost every coin) I think KMD is still in motion of establishing new bottom price level, better wait for it to be settled down before buying again.

Atm any time I liquidate a position in a coin, I always invest a portion in a basket of coins that I hodl long term, KMD is one of those that I'm accumulating. In the grand scheme of things, a drop from 60k sats to 40k or even 30k is not that significant percentage-wise if you expect it to go to 150k-200k by the end of the year...
Poloniex is adding new coins,price can rise soon again Wink

Is KMD included? Where did you get that news?
In a short period of time they added 0x,CVC and today OMG.Seems that a new batch is coming.Who knows
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Is KMD included? Where did you get that news?
Jump to: