Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 398. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
The blockchain was not under attack, it is similar to a DOS attack at the network level. Still not sure exactly how a killer packet was created, but a fix for the crashing is already updated in github. I estimate about 10% of nodes were affected.

If you are having crashes, just update and it should be fine. We are still testing the hotfix version, but the change was very small so it should be fine.

No funds were at risk, just annoyance of having to restart a node, but if you are in the process of syncing, it would likely make it much more difficult to do so as if it is crashed it wont sync.

Thanks for the update ! Good to know all is well..
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
No funds were at risk, just annoyance of having to restart a node, but if you are in the process of syncing, it would likely make it much more difficult to do so as if it is crashed it wont sync.

Exactly haha, in Basilisk mode tx would not process, so I tried starting a full node to much chagrin.
What's up with not being able to download the proving key, though?  I left it going overnight...
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
kmd network under attack??

somebody wants kmd under $1 but they are failing...

assholes....
In an expanding market like the one we are in, you hold. Whatever pull  back comes it will snap back and then some. I actually wanted more at this price so it works for me.  I'm tempted to load up double here and sell that half off for profit when we hit 2-3 bucks.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
The blockchain was not under attack, it is similar to a DOS attack at the network level. Still not sure exactly how a killer packet was created, but a fix for the crashing is already updated in github. I estimate about 10% of nodes were affected.

If you are having crashes, just update and it should be fine. We are still testing the hotfix version, but the change was very small so it should be fine.

Activity: 160
Merit: 10
im waiting an official response from komodo team
Activity: 65
Hello, Im new to Komodo , just found it a couple days ago, and excited about it. But I dont know anything about network attacks. Is this something to worry about?

I see that Komodo price has already dropped like 22% since I bought in. Is that drop related to the attack?

Is Komodo going to drop a lot more once network comes back up?

Dont suppose you're going to say "ya dude! ITS CRASHING!!! GET OUT asap, if you can!! Sell sell sell!" But Ile take whatever response I can get, I guess. Shits got me sketched out. Hopefully for no good reason. Thanks! Brad
Activity: 17
There is an ongoing attack that will cause your daemon to assert (and thus close)

It seems to prevent successful downloading of the proving key, as well, somehow.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
kmd network under attack??

somebody wants kmd under $1 but they are failing...
Activity: 52
Activity: 128
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
coinmarketcap is also under attack...
why i cant withdraw from bittrex?

Wallet disabled because of network attack.

Btw. 50 k i told you so - i sold a bit more then 50% and waiting to buy back Tongue

Attack on Komodo blockchain?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

Wallet disabled because of network attack.

Btw. 50 k i told you so - i sold a bit more then 50% and waiting to buy back Tongue
Activity: 497
Merit: 501

You literally can't know if many people planned to sell at $1 even if they said they would...so that's not sound enough logic for this anyway. The FACT that it pumped from .60-1.50 and back sub $1 is super telling. Take it or leave it I bought tons of BAT with my KMD gains @ <.10 So I'm not really down and out for selling KMD at .60 cents, I just can't believe/support it when everyone is blindly throwing cash in.

You did well, because after selling wasn't so easy to buy, until now volume is lowering and I don't know what profit had result to you. But the point is always the same, if your long term investment is finished, good bye. But please, let aside new users that strive in installing Agama or practising with Komodo, all that isn't needed to trade and unrelated with a wrong buy.

I actually had success with Agama and like the wallet! I just don't like random 'free' assets that add more bubbliciousness to the already inflated market, and I don't like the crazy swings in price when other coins go up 30%, drop by 10%, go up by 50%, drop by 15% you know?

Anyone who thinks KMD is the only one/biggest one to make money in this year or next is dumb. KMD could be $50 next year. But so could GNT, TRST, LUN etc it's all about this crazy bubble speculative supply and demand.

If you're going long in KMD, just PLEASE don't be an idiot for the love of my fellow humans, if you see the overall market is getting weird (because bubbles can pop at any moment with the right set of circumstances) DONT be the guy thinking well if ETH, BTC, and all the others are getting weird and volatile, that KMD will be the one to be left holding. I still like KMD in principle, just not in the current market, and not with air drop assets.

It seems in every 'coins' thread you have that core group of people who are hodling and 'not touching' til it hits $X whatever...maybe instead of hoping the bubble inflates to the point where the coin is only worth speculative value, you WATCH the market and when stuff gives hints of illogical behavior, you go back to safer routes.

This is money guys. You laugh and think this or that, but even the guy who has a 100k/year job and 1mil in cryptos MIGHT come under the strangest of circumstances and have to liquidate that...

For those like me and many others who don't have to worry about that, whatever we'll be fine. But I just want to WARN some people that just because people are shilling for a project and the project is going 3x in one day, DOESNT mean it's doing so based on logic or fundamentals. And when your life-line per se is invested in something, you really want it to be secure/logical, OR you've got instant liquidation access. I would've made SO much more profit on KMD with the volatility from .30 cents to .45 cents but it was when most of us tech-noobs couldn't get past the 4/50 or whatever.

I'll be back when more logical money has come into the project not a bunch of people pumping it out of speculation then taking in profits...shake down...pump...GOD it sucks. I have a feeling KMD will go huge but it's NOT going to be because of bunch of legendary or hero members said 'this is gonna hit $5 in 2018!' or wtf ever.

Good luck guys and hope everyone continues making gains. I sold my ETH around $75 and I have 0 regrets because I've made even more with ICOs but the point remains the same I would LOVE to make more money with KMD but for now it's too sketchy, will require too much attention to catch the mid-day peaks and valleys.
 Wink Kiss Lips sealed

For the record, i want you to know that i agree entirely with most of what you've said and genuinely appreciate your evaluation. it's certainly something we all should bare in mind going forward.
Activity: 383
Merit: 252

Now this person again?  Grin Go with your bats and golems to your house and be happy.You are a fucking weak hand,all people know it.Your live is a continuous crash surely

you can't speak english bro, so don't argue it in as I already said ^_^

You know nothing about gains...I've (thank the gods) made so much with cryptos that it changed my life and my loved ones lives...which is why I wanna save other investors from shills like you with your non-stop pump talk about how 'gud dis koyn wil be in two-fowsand-ateen'

god damn morons always think cause you're a member/newbie you can't make money.....that kinda thought process is why YOU havn't made CRAP

I made enough with ETH to buy enough of whatever I'd like but I chose to put it in the next Ethereum or the next Bitcoin.

Talk crap on GNT all you want it's had logical growth considering it's slack announcements, and they even refuse to talk speculative stuff because they know it will manipulate prices!

Your life is $1000 in KMD lol...while there are many bigger than me you are not one of them sir ;-) and one day hopefully I'll be bigger than 10 me's but only time will tell!

i still don't understand how you think the jumblr share drop is causing wild speculation when it amounts to a couple dollars per 2000 kmd.  
Price growth is logical considering all of the announcements we have made in recent weeks.  The volatility is also logical due to thin order books.  
Activity: 572
Merit: 259
LSK, QTUM

Now this person again?  Grin Go with your bats and golems to your house and be happy.You are a fucking weak hand,all people know it.Your live is a continuous crash surely

You know nothing about gains...I've (thank the gods) made so much with cryptos that it changed my life and my loved ones lives...which is why I wanna save other investors from shills like you with your non-stop pump talk about how 'gud dis koyn wil be in two-fowsand-ateen'

god damn morons always think cause you're a member/newbie you can't make money.....that kinda thought process is why YOU havn't made CRAP

I made enough with ETH to buy enough of whatever I'd like but I chose to put it in the next Ethereum or the next Bitcoin.

Talk crap on GNT all you want it's had logical growth considering it's slack announcements, and they even refuse to talk speculative stuff because they know it will manipulate prices!

Your life is $1000 in KMD lol...while there are many bigger than me you are not one of them sir ;-) and one day hopefully I'll be bigger than 10 me's but only time will tell!

blah blah blah. you are making a elephant of a fly. just because of a slight pump n dump in a day you are making such a big thing.
you are acting like moral apostle about the market and present yourself to be the big man with your eth.
whats your problem?
Activity: 282
Merit: 260

Haha you are a weak hand,a newbie that sold his coins because Agama bugs.You will not be rich with 5% of KMD portfolio,sorry for you
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
http://cointedtoken.com/

Keep your strong hands holding onto that bubble and take it all the way to the bottom when it pops! All the 'weak hands' will have already sold, bought, sold, bought, sold and lowered the dollar cost to 1/4 of yours. You're stupid man. Anyone who calls anyone a weak hand when that person can just be playing the market logically, is stupid.

Why is it always the bagholders calling others weak hands? Yet if the bagholder is holding onto a good bag that inflated all of a sudden that same person is a loud mouth xD

The only bag I've ever held was some myriad for $300 worth and that crashed with polo delisting and I learned my lesson about just putting money in 'coins you like' regardless of past or present growth.

Good luck noob, there are plenty people who are betting 1000x more than I am on this and want to lose their money just as little as I do. When people see you shills posting 'to the mooooon!' posts throughout a thread, and then talking crap on my objectivity, they think the coin is gaining value logically....which if you're an investor in KMD that just solidifies my point I'm glad I got out at 5x gains heheh

Nothing weak about taking 5x, putting that into a 10x, into another 5x, etc etc all the while you just held and held and held hoping one day the price would become logical xD
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
http://cointedtoken.com/

You literally can't know if many people planned to sell at $1 even if they said they would...so that's not sound enough logic for this anyway. The FACT that it pumped from .60-1.50 and back sub $1 is super telling. Take it or leave it I bought tons of BAT with my KMD gains @ <.10 So I'm not really down and out for selling KMD at .60 cents, I just can't believe/support it when everyone is blindly throwing cash in.

You did well, because after selling wasn't so easy to buy, until now volume is lowering and I don't know what profit had result to you. But the point is always the same, if your long term investment is finished, good bye. But please, let aside new users that strive in installing Agama or practising with Komodo, all that isn't needed to trade and unrelated with a wrong buy.

I actually had success with Agama and like the wallet! I just don't like random 'free' assets that add more bubbliciousness to the already inflated market, and I don't like the crazy swings in price when other coins go up 30%, drop by 10%, go up by 50%, drop by 15% you know?

Anyone who thinks KMD is the only one/biggest one to make money in this year or next is dumb. KMD could be $50 next year. But so could GNT, TRST, LUN etc it's all about this crazy bubble speculative supply and demand.

If you're going long in KMD, just PLEASE don't be an idiot for the love of my fellow humans, if you see the overall market is getting weird (because bubbles can pop at any moment with the right set of circumstances) DONT be the guy thinking well if ETH, BTC, and all the others are getting weird and volatile, that KMD will be the one to be left holding. I still like KMD in principle, just not in the current market, and not with air drop assets.

It seems in every 'coins' thread you have that core group of people who are hodling and 'not touching' til it hits $X whatever...maybe instead of hoping the bubble inflates to the point where the coin is only worth speculative value, you WATCH the market and when stuff gives hints of illogical behavior, you go back to safer routes.

This is money guys. You laugh and think this or that, but even the guy who has a 100k/year job and 1mil in cryptos MIGHT come under the strangest of circumstances and have to liquidate that...

For those like me and many others who don't have to worry about that, whatever we'll be fine. But I just want to WARN some people that just because people are shilling for a project and the project is going 3x in one day, DOESNT mean it's doing so based on logic or fundamentals. And when your life-line per se is invested in something, you really want it to be secure/logical, OR you've got instant liquidation access. I would've made SO much more profit on KMD with the volatility from .30 cents to .45 cents but it was when most of us tech-noobs couldn't get past the 4/50 or whatever.

I'll be back when more logical money has come into the project not a bunch of people pumping it out of speculation then taking in profits...shake down...pump...GOD it sucks. I have a feeling KMD will go huge but it's NOT going to be because of bunch of legendary or hero members said 'this is gonna hit $5 in 2018!' or wtf ever.

Good luck guys and hope everyone continues making gains. I sold my ETH around $75 and I have 0 regrets because I've made even more with ICOs but the point remains the same I would LOVE to make more money with KMD but for now it's too sketchy, will require too much attention to catch the mid-day peaks and valleys.
 Wink Kiss Lips sealed
Jump to: