Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 395. (Read 1192000 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

Notaries are an important part of the security of the entire network.......IMO, I don't think the community will elect someone who "buys" a node.

elections are always transactional, things given & votes received in return, and there isn't a moral dimension here, so offering 'hope' and 'vision' like regular politicians isn't relevant

the current notaries have the advantage of incumbency, but those who think competency alone will be enough to keep getting elected will serve one-term only

eventually the community will only elect people who "buy" votes, i.e. share revenue

future notaries should probably operate like mining pools - fixed costs covered, % return to the operator, proportional share per 'vote'

PoW rewards are competitive,  based on hardware costs & electricity (i.e. how much $$ spent)

PoS rewards are competitive, based on coin ownership (i.e. how much $$ spent)

KMD notary rewards will be competitive too, based on $$ spent. There's no other way to secure the network that maintains decentralization

I'm still not sure how these notaries work, but don't they cause centralization in the long-run?
No, to the contrary there is much less centralization with KMD notaries as all the notaries have equal power.

Look at: https://blockchain.info/pools

Notice the top 16 have well over 90% the hashrate.

So which is more centralized?
Activity: 183
Merit: 100

Notaries are an important part of the security of the entire network.......IMO, I don't think the community will elect someone who "buys" a node.

elections are always transactional, things given & votes received in return, and there isn't a moral dimension here, so offering 'hope' and 'vision' like regular politicians isn't relevant

the current notaries have the advantage of incumbency, but those who think competency alone will be enough to keep getting elected will serve one-term only

eventually the community will only elect people who "buy" votes, i.e. share revenue

future notaries should probably operate like mining pools - fixed costs covered, % return to the operator, proportional share per 'vote'

PoW rewards are competitive,  based on hardware costs & electricity (i.e. how much $$ spent)

PoS rewards are competitive, based on coin ownership (i.e. how much $$ spent)

KMD notary rewards will be competitive too, based on $$ spent. There's no other way to secure the network that maintains decentralization

I'm still not sure how these notaries work, but don't they cause centralization in the long-run?
Activity: 466
Merit: 253
Imagine a world without banks.......
No, I will hire a node setup (what jl777 calls a 'money printing machine') from an existing notary operator and compete for votes by offering a high voter %

You won't get any votes that way. To run a Notary Node you should be commited to the community, be fluent in Komodod, Iguana, assetchains, and at least have basic command line experience.

If you really want to become a candidate, you should maybe run a small node some months prior to the election and gain some experience.

We also don't share our mining profits with our voters. In a way that is also buying a vote. Ark delegates work that way. I am not sure if James would want the same system to evolve here.

In part, the notary mining profits act as subsidy for the server hosting and all the man hours you put into the operation of the node.

I can definitely say that all current operators work hard to keep updated and running. It might get easier as the platform matures but we still need to trust in the ability of the operator. I also run a PIVX masternode and I can say it's 10 times easier than running a KMD notary node.

At current kmd price notaries are making +2000 USD a month which is a good income for the work involved, but if/when kmd x10 the return becomes something much greater than a fair return for the work required to run a notary. Do you really think current notaries will continue earning +20k usd a month indefinitely? What about when kmd marketcap is 10bil USD, and monthly income for notary is 200K USD.

notary elections will be extremely competitive from now on, the guaranteed income potential is phenomenal,  so the number of candidates will be very high.
As the network grows, more notary nodes will be appointed. That means that there will be less KMD mined per node. Even then, bad notary nodes will get picked out really fast if they aren't able to keep up with security and daily updating. I do agree we will have many more candidates next year and we will most likely have more notary spots to fill as well.
Activity: 119
Merit: 11
No, I will hire a node setup (what jl777 calls a 'money printing machine') from an existing notary operator and compete for votes by offering a high voter %

You won't get any votes that way. To run a Notary Node you should be commited to the community, be fluent in Komodod, Iguana, assetchains, and at least have basic command line experience.

If you really want to become a candidate, you should maybe run a small node some months prior to the election and gain some experience.

We also don't share our mining profits with our voters. In a way that is also buying a vote. Ark delegates work that way. I am not sure if James would want the same system to evolve here.

In part, the notary mining profits act as subsidy for the server hosting and all the man hours you put into the operation of the node.

I can definitely say that all current operators work hard to keep updated and running. It might get easier as the platform matures but we still need to trust in the ability of the operator. I also run a PIVX masternode and I can say it's 10 times easier than running a KMD notary node.

At current kmd price notaries are making +2000 USD a month which is a good income for the work involved, but if/when kmd x10 the return becomes something much greater than a fair return for the work required to run a notary. Do you really think current notaries will continue earning +20k usd a month indefinitely? What about when kmd marketcap is 10bil USD, and monthly income for notary is 200K USD.

notary elections will be extremely competitive from now on, the guaranteed income potential is phenomenal,  so the number of candidates will be very high.
Hi where I can find wallet for Komodo, and I have noticed that there will a distribution of token for owner of Komodo? What's token that Will be distributed and when?
Hi there,
You can find the latest Komodo Swing wallet here: https://forum.supernet.org/t/komodo-swing-wallet-for-windows-and-osx/48
Activity: 1955
Merit: 381
English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)
please can someone help me? is there an KMD wallet win32bits? i wish install for test Smiley
How profitable are the notary nodes at current prices?

How long until new notary node elections?

I think all nodes are self-sufficient now.    Elections are in Jan 2018

I will be a candidate in the next election,

HAve you already a node up and running?

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
It looks like the 'Asset Issuer' account has been out there purchasing Supernet/Unity on the nxt asset exchange?  Why would that account be doing that?  The volume has been relatively high as of late.  I'm not sure what to make of it all.  Still sort of confused how the old Supernet/Unity asset relates to Komodo - and what's the longer term prognosis for the Unity asset given Komodo.

Seems like it's just SuperNET investing in itself.  Probably because it knows big things are coming.

I think an easy way to look at it is SuperNET is the organization developing the tech for Komodo, among some other things like Jumblr, DEX, Pangea, etc. that will all be connected under the umbrella of the SuperNET organization.

Investing in SuperNET/UNITY asset means you're investing in all of these things and the ROI that you get will be from an increase in the net asset value (http://old.supernet.org/nav.php) and from future dividends from all the individual projects.  Or you can invest in each of these things individually by buying Komodo or the InstantDEX asset or the Pangea asset, etc.
well said!

Been in SuperNET since day 1. Looking forward to its future  Smiley
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
It looks like the 'Asset Issuer' account has been out there purchasing Supernet/Unity on the nxt asset exchange?  Why would that account be doing that?  The volume has been relatively high as of late.  I'm not sure what to make of it all.  Still sort of confused how the old Supernet/Unity asset relates to Komodo - and what's the longer term prognosis for the Unity asset given Komodo.

Seems like it's just SuperNET investing in itself.  Probably because it knows big things are coming.

I think an easy way to look at it is SuperNET is the organization developing the tech for Komodo, among some other things like Jumblr, DEX, Pangea, etc. that will all be connected under the umbrella of the SuperNET organization.

Investing in SuperNET/UNITY asset means you're investing in all of these things and the ROI that you get will be from an increase in the net asset value (http://old.supernet.org/nav.php) and from future dividends from all the individual projects.  Or you can invest in each of these things individually by buying Komodo or the InstantDEX asset or the Pangea asset, etc.
well said!

Thanks! It only took me about 3 years of following SuperNET to understand maybe 25% of what you're building.

EDIT:
Also, a way to look at Agama is that it is not just a wallet.  It is more an application that allows user-friendly access to all your funds (BTC, KMD, pegged currencies, etc.) and all of the technologies that SuperNET is developing.

Hopefully that explanation helps.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
It looks like the 'Asset Issuer' account has been out there purchasing Supernet/Unity on the nxt asset exchange?  Why would that account be doing that?  The volume has been relatively high as of late.  I'm not sure what to make of it all.  Still sort of confused how the old Supernet/Unity asset relates to Komodo - and what's the longer term prognosis for the Unity asset given Komodo.
http://old.supernet.org/nav.php -> NAV over 700

I have been buying SuperNET at below NAV for years. I like the discount and it also provides liquidity to the person selling.

What almost everyone didnt realize is that the stronger KMD is, the more it helps SuperNET. Having virtually all my major positions kick into high gear didnt hurt either: STRAT, IOTA, KMD, SYS, WAVES, etc. Even the little HEAT is starting to register on the totals page.

As far as the long term prognosis, what do you think it means when the issuer is repurchasing on the open market? Finally, the initial assets are about to generate some revenues. Not much at first, but have to start somewhere. Over time, SuperNET will shift to trading as a high tech growth company with a large book value, instead of as a discounted closed end fund
Activity: 391

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Hello everyone, I bought some KMD 1 year ago on the ICO website, I nearly forgot them but recently log in and asked a payout on the ICO platform here:

https://ico.komodoplatform.com/

How much it take to make the transfer ? I asked the payment yesterday and still see nothing in my address...

I use Komodo GUI wallet.

Thanks.

Normally done on the first friday of every month.

OK, thanks so I guess I need wait for the 7th July  Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 262
Hi where I can find wallet for Komodo, and I have noticed that there will a distribution of token for owner of Komodo? What's token that Will be distributed and when?
Activity: 41
It looks like the 'Asset Issuer' account has been out there purchasing Supernet/Unity on the nxt asset exchange?  Why would that account be doing that?  The volume has been relatively high as of late.  I'm not sure what to make of it all.  Still sort of confused how the old Supernet/Unity asset relates to Komodo - and what's the longer term prognosis for the Unity asset given Komodo.
Activity: 294
Merit: 123
The World’s First Blockchain Core
Hey everyone, here is an interview with Nick Szabo really worth listening to. Around 1hr30mins in, he mentions the future he sees for another sidechain layer linked to the bitcoin blockchain, he doesn't mention Komodo by name, but he describes very well  Wink

The Quiet Master of Cryptocurrency - http://tim.blog/2017/06/04/nick-szabo/?utm_content=buffer42509

Congrats James and team, things are looking very good for the project so far.

it sounds good . I like this blog . KMD will become a good coin in this year or early the year of 2018.
Everyone can recognize this coin how good it is in next months .
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Hey everyone, here is an interview with Nick Szabo really worth listening to. Around 1hr30mins in, he mentions the future he sees for another sidechain layer linked to the bitcoin blockchain, he doesn't mention Komodo by name, but he describes very well  Wink

The Quiet Master of Cryptocurrency - http://tim.blog/2017/06/04/nick-szabo/?utm_content=buffer42509

why doesn't mention ?

Perhaps he doesn't know about komodo yet... or maybe he doesn't want to mention names... who knows.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
Hello everyone, I bought some KMD 1 year ago on the ICO website, I nearly forgot them but recently log in and asked a payout on the ICO platform here:

How much it take to make the transfer ? I asked the payment yesterday and still see nothing in my address...

I use Komodo GUI wallet.

Thanks.

Normally done on the first friday of every month.
Activity: 255

why doesn't mention ?
Activity: 57

I use Komodo GUI wallet.

Thanks.
Activity: 784
Set Your Ideas Free

Don't forget to participate!

There's still one week to cast your vote!

Last month the median & average price was pretty close to the actual closing price. It is very interesting to see if the same happens this month.

The wisdom of the crowd... is it really that accurate, or was this just a coincidence? Smiley
Jump to: