Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 440. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Good thing I got rid of my KMD at 10k... Or the price never would have went up for you guys : )
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Last chances to join the guessing game! The game closes on Tuesday 3pm UTC. Click 'join game' to participate.

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
Hi Komodo, You guys are doing an amazing job. However, you have to listen to the community and get this coin on a Chinese exchange.
This coin needs to be on BTC38 exchange and BCC exchange. Dev, pls find a way A.S.A.P to reach out to these 2 exchanges and let this lizard do what it was designed to do.

Amen.

Cheesy
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
The most exciting about Komodo is its stability and backed by very talented devs . Solid architecture with long term effect and real-life applications.
Activity: 515
Merit: 502
One the main gui developers has met Andreas Antonopoulos and he will also attend an important Bitcoin event in New Zealand

Activity: 515
Merit: 502
How can I join it? I want to join too.Kindly direct me to the details about the contest
Here's the instructions:

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
I have just seen the Guess contest for KMD . I will join it now.

It's interesting to see KMD rising highly from this contest and all investors will realize the potential of this coin.

Yes,I will join too,and wish all investors join.
How can I join it? I want to join too.Kindly direct me to the details about the contest
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Do not be so desperate about POLO, this can make feeling you just waiting for a pump. We all waiting much better prices above 100k. It is not excluded that this can happen on TREX. Those prices are above ICO price, investors can only watch how their investment growing..
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
so any chance of this getting on poloneix? Have a few issues with bittrex and would rather use an exchange i'm familiar with.

Sure there is, fill out a coin request form, and let us know if you succeed: https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
Activity: 497
Merit: 501
so any chance of this getting on poloneix? Have a few issues with bittrex and would rather use an exchange i'm familiar with.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
to Devs,
During the swap period, devs made statement that swapped BTCD will remain in 1 address and won't do anything which means burnt.
If swapped(burnt) BTCD is re-used by any means, Isn't it double profiting? (illegal?)
It could be violating the terms which made the BTCD/Komodo swap possible.
(creating millions worth of new coin generates enormous tax problems which Komodo devs solved by
swapping BTCD and ICO)
and to hear that swapped BTCD could be re-used again makes me worry because
it jeopardizes both Komodo holders and remaining BTCD holders.

any comment on this concern devs?

Yes, and that statement holds. All BTCD will be kept in that one public address for the duration of the swap.

https://www.blockexperts.com/btcd/address/RXL3YXG2ceaB6C5hfJcN4fvmLH2C34knhA

I have noticed there haven't been any incoming transfers to this address since April the 4th.

What happened to the 50k+ BTCD from the last batch?

Is James gonna gamble with them on Polo?
initially the funds are deposited into an individual deposit address
then manually it is swept into the main address.
so the funds that are not swept into the main address are still in the individual addresses
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
to Devs,
During the swap period, devs made statement that swapped BTCD will remain in 1 address and won't do anything which means burnt.
If swapped(burnt) BTCD is re-used by any means, Isn't it double profiting? (illegal?)
(creating millions worth of new coin generates enormous tax problems which Komodo devs solved by
swapping BTCD and ICO)

Yes, and that statement holds. All BTCD will be kept in that one public address for the duration of the swap.

I have noticed there haven't been any incoming transfers to this address since April the 4th.

We don't sell or move the swapped BTCD. It just takes time for them to go to that address. I believe there's some min amount that has to be swapped before it bundles them all into a single transaction and sends to that final address.

Does the Agama app require connections outside the United States to operate correctly?

As far as I know no. Whether you are US resident or no you can enjoy the same GUI functionality as others. However, the recently discovered bug could be due to connectivity issues, namely a fair amount of connections from non-US IPS could trigger some kind of inconsistency in the code and result in what was referred to as bug but there's still the possibility it was a deliberate mistake.

Yeah, Agama Wallet is a permissionless app. You don't have to ask anyone's persmission to use it, just like you don't have to ask anyones permission to send/receive bitcoins. Just do it! Smiley

I understand that but, we have a firewall at work that blocks all connections (in or out) outside the US for security reasons. Will it operate properly with ONLY US connections?

Since the majority of notary nodes are outside the US, there would at a minimum be a performance slowdown issue if all non-US traffic is simply blocked. That seems an extreme measure...

It might be the cause of some of the non-reproducible errors we are seeing reported. Intentionally blocking the majority of your connections to a decentralized network is not the best policy, especially if connections are allowed and only data transfers are blocked. In that case, the timeout mechanisms will be invoked. meaning much slowness

the only way to see how degraded the performance is (if at all) with such configurations is to try it and see
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
to Devs,
swapping BTCD and ICO)

We don't sell or move the swapped BTCD. It just takes time for them to go to that address. I believe there's some min amount that has to be swapped before it bundles them all into a single transaction and sends to that final address.

Does the Agama app require connections outside the United States to operate correctly?

As far as I know no. Whether you are US resident or no you can enjoy the same GUI functionality as others. However, the recently discovered bug could be due to connectivity issues, namely a fair amount of connections from non-US IPS could trigger some kind of inconsistency in the code and result in what was referred to as bug but there's still the possibility it was a deliberate mistake.

Yeah, Agama Wallet is a permissionless app. You don't have to ask anyone's persmission to use it, just like you don't have to ask anyones permission to send/receive bitcoins. Just do it! Smiley

I understand that but, we have a firewall at work that blocks all connections (in or out) outside the US for security reasons. Will it operate properly with ONLY US connections?
Set Your Ideas Free
A reminder about the bug in Agama wallet. When you create a new seed you will have to exit the app and login again. Double check you have only one deposit address before depositing any funds. The bug has been fixed already for the next release.

Always be careful with new software. Better to double check everything very carefully.

Also, please backup the wallet.dat file if you are using Native Mode!
Set Your Ideas Free
to Devs,
swapping BTCD and ICO)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
I have just seen the Guess contest for KMD . I will join it now.

It's interesting to see KMD rising highly from this contest and all investors will realize the potential of this coin.

Yes,I will join too,and wish all investors join.
Activity: 237
Merit: 110

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
to Devs,
swapping BTCD and ICO)

Jump to: