Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 438. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 401
Merit: 257
Core Radio is Running A KMD Meme Contest!

Komodo's Funniest Meme Contest
Crypto Contests are now Live for Crypto Core Radio. Komodo is running the first funny meme contest, they will be voted on by community so do not miss out on you chance towards fame and some KMD in your wallet.

Join the contest!

There are some KMD prices. How much? We don't know

It's great to join this contest . KMD project are leading to all investors who are interested in investing money to many crypto currencies in the future.
We can see many crypto currencies increasing highly nowadays. KMD will become a crypto currency worth investing at this time.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
every block, each utxo gains simple interest
in order to compound it, you need to spend it.
there is a one hour setback and with txfee, the optimum is maybe a daily tx. not sure.

an extra 0.1% per year or so can be gained by compounding

Okay, that means the interest rate for interest is 0.1% if I do not transfer the received interest. Now if I transfer the 1.3 KMD from address A to B and back to A (transaction costs of 0.002 KMD), 5% interest is paid on the whole 10.001,3 KMD, right?
I think you are overthinking and overcomplicating it.

5% APR is paid on utxo that are more than 10 KMD and older than an hour.

That is the rule. So if you just spend a utxo, then both the destination and the change address are utxo that follows the rules.

Just spend funds (to yourself or anybody else) and the change address comes back and will start earning interest after an hour. At the rate of 5% per year. If you are actively using KMD, there is nothing really extra you need to be doing.

The rule is 5% APR is paid on the entire utxo that is more than 10 KMD and older than an hour. The one hour is subtracted from the age for interest calculations

it doesnt matter how many times you spend it or not, if a utxo is for more than 10 KMD, after an hour it starts earning 5% interest

due to fixed txfee regardless of tx size, there is a very slight bias in favor of larger utxo, meaning there is an incentive to combine many small utxo into bigger ones, especially if they are smaller than 10 KMD. This has the effect of reducing the total number of utxo and a smaller memory usage, though the difference wont really be noticeable for quite a while
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
there is a one hour setback and with txfee, the optimum is maybe a daily tx. not sure.

Okay, that means the interest rate for interest is 0.1% if I do not transfer the received interest. Now if I transfer the 1.3 KMD from address A to B and back to A (transaction costs of 0.002 KMD), 5% interest is paid on the whole 10.001,3 KMD, right?

When you hold a balance it automatically receives 5 % annual interest. Once you create a transaction the interest is added to your main balance, and then the new sum will start acquiring interest.

If you do nothing you will receive 5 % annual interest. If you move it every day or every second day you get compound interest which would give you ~5.1 % annual interest... quite marginal.

You can also just send it back to the same address, so there's no need to create two transactions.

All in all, thinking about this just makes a simple thing overly complex Smiley Just hodl your KMD, there's nothing you have to do.
legendary
Sorry again. Playing around on Atomic Explorer.

Atomic -> DEX Validate Address -> My Address

"ismine": false -> normal response?

{
   "isvalid": true,
   "address": "obfuscated",
   "scriptPubKey": "obfuscated",
   "ismine": false,
   "iswatchonly": false,
   "isscript": false,
   "randipbits": 91648679,
   "coin": "KMD",
   "tag": "5690245305333391876"
}
yes, the ismine, iswatchonly is from the point of view of the notary node that fulfilled the request

if you queried about one of your addresses, it is quite unlikely that a random notary node will be able to spend it (ismine:true)

there are several other similar point of view logics that need to be applied to the returned output.

if you keep in mind you are getting pretty much the raw output of the corresponding command run on a random notary node, I think most of the fields will make more sense
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

Set Your Ideas Free
Core Radio is Running A KMD Meme Contest!

Komodo's Funniest Meme Contest
Crypto Contests are now Live for Crypto Core Radio. Komodo is running the first funny meme contest, they will be voted on by community so do not miss out on you chance towards fame and some KMD in your wallet.

Join the contest!

There are some KMD prices. How much? We don't know
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Sorry again. Playing around on Atomic Explorer.

Atomic -> DEX Validate Address -> My Address

"ismine": false -> normal response?

{
   "isvalid": true,
   "address": "obfuscated",
   "scriptPubKey": "obfuscated",
   "ismine": false,
   "iswatchonly": false,
   "isscript": false,
   "randipbits": 91648679,
   "tag": "5690245305333391876"
}
legendary
Does anyone know the emission schedule of KMD? Can't seem to find a concrete answer anywhere. Right now the block reward is 3 KMD, at which block will this change and to how much?
It stays at 3 kmd till max supply is hit

Yes, and max supply is 200M (now 100,9M)

There is also a 5 % APR interest to the KMD holders, that too stays until we reach 200M supply. That is expected to take ~14 years.
Perfect, thanks!

One last question, how does the difficulty relate to the number of hashes required to find a block? For Zcash, for every 1 difficulty it takes 8192 solutions on average to find a block. So a Zcash difficulty of 100 would require 819200 solutions on average to find a block. This definitely isn't the case for KMD, do you happen to know?

I'm trying to build a mining calculator for KMD, there don't seem to be many out there right now Smiley
only the 64 blocks during the free-for-all (every 2000 blocks) will follow any directly calculable difficulty. The rest of the blocks, the notary nodes are able to get a block using an easy diff.

the diff calc is based on the original zcash diff calc
legendary
When will the interest be credited? At a certain time or daily? Is there interest on the interest (compound interest)?

Example: If I have 10.000 KMD and interest is paid daily then I will get around 1.3 KMD interest after the first day based on my 10k balance. On the second day I will get interest for 10.001,3 KMD balance and so on, won't I?

Does anyone know the emission schedule of KMD? Can't seem to find a concrete answer anywhere. Right now the block reward is 3 KMD, at which block will this change and to how much?

There is also a 5 % APR interest to the KMD holders, that too stays until we reach 200M supply. That is expected to take ~14 years.

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
When will the interest be credited? At a certain time or daily? Is there interest on the interest (compound interest)?

Example: If I have 10.000 KMD and interest is paid daily then I will get around 1.3 KMD interest after the first day based on my 10k balance. On the second day I will get interest for 10.001,3 KMD balance and so on, won't I?

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Don't forget to vote for Polo to add KMD.
https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
yes we are pretty much ready for giving our vote.
I think it's easy to dev enroll and add a larger exchange like Poloniex that has many investors in it, and it will be much better than fixated on bittrex exchange ...
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Don't forget to vote for Polo to add KMD.
https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
yes we are pretty much ready for giving our vote.
any secret how to get the agama wallet to send KMD on windows. It worked with Iguana one or two times before but most of the time it doesnt.

Did you uninstall Iguana before you installed Agama? Here's an upgrade guide: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Agama/wiki/Agama-Desktop-Installation-and-Upgrade-Instructions

Good Morning (at least for me) to all.
I'm buying some KMDs on exchanges and transferring them on my Agama wallet and actually I have a decent amount.
All ok since yesterday. Starting from this morning, the wallet is showing "0" balance and no transactions, both in Basilisk and Native mode.

Any clue on how I can solve this issue, please?

Seed seem ok.

What does the block explorer show? You can PM me the details and we will take a look.

kpx.io

Atomic Explorer -> DEX Get Block -> my wallet address

Code:
{
"result": null,
"error": {
"code": -32603,
"message": "Can't read block from disk"
},
"id": "jl777",
"randipbits": 1664639832,
"tag": "6478191097665242837"
}

Sending PM with wallet address, if needed
Set Your Ideas Free
any secret how to get the agama wallet to send KMD on windows. It worked with Iguana one or two times before but most of the time it doesnt.

Did you uninstall Iguana before you installed Agama? Here's an upgrade guide: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Agama/wiki/Agama-Desktop-Installation-and-Upgrade-Instructions

I'm buying some KMDs on exchanges and transferring them on my Agama wallet and actually I have a decent amount.
All ok since yesterday. Starting from this morning, the wallet is showing "0" balance and no transactions, both in Basilisk and Native mode.

Seed seem ok.

What does the block explorer show? You can PM me the details and we will take a look.

kpx.io

Seed seem ok.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Activity: 497
Merit: 501
Project valuations have gone crazy.

Because the price raised 4k? This is just normal growth, not "gone crazy" lol

You missed the point.  Project valuations in general.  Thus, $1 KMD is starting to look like a complete joke (i.e. too low)!   Smiley

Unless kmd gets the exposure it needs i struggle to share this sentiment. It could easily fall into obscurity as what NXT did.

However, if KMD offers chinese citizens an option around over-the-top regulation on capital flight......
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

Perfect, thanks!

One last question, how does the difficulty relate to the number of hashes required to find a block? For Zcash, for every 1 difficulty it takes 8192 solutions on average to find a block. So a Zcash difficulty of 100 would require 819200 solutions on average to find a block. This definitely isn't the case for KMD, do you happen to know?

I'm trying to build a mining calculator for KMD, there don't seem to be many out there right now Smiley
Jump to: