Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 502. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
hi what is the default rpcport on komodo.conf ?

using 7770
Unable to bind to [::]:7770 on this computer. Bitcoin Core is probably already running.

thank you
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Hi what are the correct nodes for komodo.conf ?

in according with github jl777 :

txindex=1
addnode=5.9.102.210
addnode=78.47.196.146
addnode=178.63.69.164
addnode=88.198.65.74
addnode=5.9.122.241
addnode=144.76.94.38
addnode=89.248.166.91
rpcport=7770

other nodes?

Regards

You can get a current list of peers from www.zpool.ca:

www.zpool.ca/explorer/peers?id=1902

Cheers
Hi what are the correct nodes for komodo.conf ?

in according with github jl777 :

txindex=1
addnode=5.9.102.210
addnode=78.47.196.146
addnode=178.63.69.164
addnode=88.198.65.74
addnode=5.9.122.241
addnode=144.76.94.38
addnode=89.248.166.91
rpcport=7770

other nodes?

Regards
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Hey everyone, here is a great blog post by Nick Szabo worth reading: https://unenumerated.blogspot.co.za/2017/02/money-blockchains-and-social-scalability.html

I post it here because right around the middle he writes something which I believe is exactly where Komodo fits in:

"These necessary tradeoffs, sacrificing performance in order to achieve the security necessary for independent, seamlessly global, and automated integrity, mean that the Bitcoin blockchain itself cannot possibly come anywhere near Visa transaction-per-second numbers and maintain the automated integrity that creates its distinctive advantages versus these traditional financial systems. Instead, a less trust-minimized peripheral payment network (possibly Lightning ) will be needed to bear a larger number of lower-value bitcoin-denominated transactions than Bitcoin blockchain is capable of, using the Bitcoin blockchain to periodically settle with one high-value transaction batches of peripheral network transactions."

Congrats James, I believe you and your team are on the right path and these hacks you are having to deal with are just a necessary hardening of your software and network security in order to be a viable option for a much larger user base and market cap... Trial by fire is never easy, but it makes you stronger and more knowledgeable.

Keep up the great work!
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Agama on a Ubuntu USB Drive

Here are instructions about how to create a bootable USB flash drive, and run Agama from it.

You might want to do this if:
 - you are having technical problems with your current operating system (Agama is built and tested on Ubuntu 16.04)
 - you only have a 32 bit operating system (Agama requires 64bit)
 - you want to be able to run Agama spontaneously from any computer

See the guide below, and let us know if you run into any problems. We just quickly made it, without any feedback or testing.

How to Run Agama From a Ubuntu 16.04 Bootable USB Drive
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
jl777

is it true you are doing atomic swaps? Would that be in Komodo or Supernet?

BitBay supports CLTV so when you finsih with that platform please let us know how to get added.
Since BitBay is working on decentralized pegging, we need a place to trade outside of an exchange. Not that we can't have them run our API
but our coin needs decentralized exchange for this exact reason. So let me know please. If you want you can PM me.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

kpx.io is on the mainchain and it is advancing, slower than normal until we get the GPU pools back online.

Only the beta branch is up to date for now as we are still verifying that this specific attack is fully solved. The usual "after the storm" advice of dont do large transactions, dont worry if basilisk is slow/not working, wait for updated GUI, etc.

Description of attack:

There are three (actually four) different contexts in the bitcoin code of validating a transaction. KMD verifies that the nLockTime in the tx is not too far in the past. A one hour leeway was selected as this amount of accrued interest is lost to avoid the third attack we had the other day.

When the miner creates the block, when the block is relayed and extends the chain tip, and when the node verifies the local blockchain. All of these are clearly required and need to be 100% deterministic in the value used. There is even a fourth validation, of wallet transactions.

Due to the quick work required to stop the third attack, I missed that there was not 100% agreement among all the cases. If it is even off by a second, it would be possible to fork the network. The difference was on verification of the blockchain a node does on resuming/starting sync. (Oh yes during initial sync is a fifth different context!)

The attacker started spending some of his illicit 1400 KMD he got from the third attack. Every block he was backdating it the maximum amount. At first we thought he was just trying to get some fractional extra KMD. But what he was doing was getting a tx confirmed that would be rejected by the resume scan!

As soon as he achieved this, he started a DOS attack sending malformed messages (details of which I havent had time to analyze) that crashed nodes, forcing them to restart and reject the main chain. Each node would then be on their own and if it was a mining node it would start its own fork.

The first thing I did was stop the crashing with a patch so we could assess what was going on. Then we figured out the bug with the timestamp. Then made a few (a lot!) of iterations on possible solutions, finding out more and more different contexts. Finally when the five contexts were understood, I was able to construct a solution that was consensus safe.

At least that is my current understanding, which we are verifying.

Unlike the other attacks, this attack did not seem to be financially motivation as there was no coin creation issue. As I said before more attacks are likely to happen. We will continue to combat it as best as we can to minimize service interruption. With each attack we are getting better at damage control and resumption of the chain.

The first priority is to protect your KMD. Currently we are a bit diff stranded, so until the GPU pools get online (using the beta branch) the blocks will be really slow.
Activity: 577
I am curious as to back story of the lizard names. Where are these names coming from? Why are they chosen?

Agama is a very curious name, I had to look it up as I had never heard of an Agama before. Very nice colors on that lizard, is that why it was chosen? Why not something cool like an alligator or a triceratops? Komodo is a big lizard after all.

Why not have renamed iguana core, supernet core and kept Iguana instead of Agama? Or call it "Lounge Core"; you know a group of lizards is called a lounge.

Will jumblr be renamed to chameleon?

Community voting on names?

"Lounge Core" would indeed be a cool name, except it calls to mind the derogatory term: "Lounge Lizard"

A "lounge lizard" is typically depicted as a well-dressed man who frequents the establishments in which the rich gather with the intention of seducing a wealthy woman with his flattery and deceptive charm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lounge_lizard
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
whew after  a rough week guys really reed some refreshers or something like above lecture about lizards and comparison to what products and services you are building . But CHEERS guys you deserve a commendation and look at komodo rising value. A testament to dedication and hard work.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
I am curious as to back story of the lizard names. Where are these names coming from? Why are they chosen?

Agama is a very curious name, I had to look it up as I had never heard of an Agama before. Very nice colors on that lizard, is that why it was chosen? Why not something cool like an alligator or a triceratops? Komodo is a big lizard after all.

Why not have renamed iguana core, supernet core and kept Iguana instead of Agama? Or call it "Lounge Core"; you know a group of lizards is called a lounge.

Lizard naming scheme is pretty cool, some suggestions:
- Blue Tongue
- Goanna
- Perentie

jl777 started the lizard theme by first naming the enhanced Bitcoin protocol to Iguana Core, and then later came Komodo.

I'm not sure who came up with the Basilisk Mode, either jl777 or Satinder. Anyway, it is a brilliant name as the lizard is light & small just like our mode

Komodo on the other hand is big & strong beast, and that goes well with how we will brand Komodo: Private & Secure money

On our roadmap we also have Geckochains, which are smart contract and conditional logic based blockchains

The latest addition is Agama, which is a colorful lizard. Because Agama will contain a wide range or DAPPs a colorful logo sounds like a good idea. Think of Google logo or google chrome icon. We will hire someone to create the Agama brand in not too distant future.

Thanks for the suggestions, we are always on the hunt for cool lizard names and branding ideas Wink

KMD is holding strong on Bittrex.  I'm betting that it runs up before and during the upcoming conference in early April.

Difficult to say that now, we can't predict the future, maybe the result will be the opposite, you remember supernet is much lower than ICO price?

It's not difficult to say that at all right now.  I stand by my statement and my calculation of the probabilities.  Most likely, it will run up going into the conference, and therefore right now is a good time to buy and hold.

What conference?

We will be in Cointelegraph's BlockShow2017 in Munich

#BlockchainsUnited: Meet us at Blockshow 2017 in Munich

Activity: 686
Merit: 502
I think I will hold, 12000 sat is not an unreasonable number to reach I don't think. I'l give it 3 or 4 months and look again.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
KMD is holding strong on Bittrex.  I'm betting that it runs up before and during the upcoming conference in early April.

Difficult to say that now, we can't predict the future, maybe the result will be the opposite, you remember supernet is much lower than ICO price?

It's not difficult to say that at all right now.  I stand by my statement and my calculation of the probabilities.  Most likely, it will run up going into the conference, and therefore right now is a good time to buy and hold.

What conference?
Activity: 518

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
KMD is holding strong on Bittrex.  I'm betting that it runs up before and during the upcoming conference in early April.

It's possible that most of the people who were willing to sell at lower prices have already sold.  So now there's just a lot of holders left.  Which is good for us if that's the case.

The low volume, slow increase in price suggests that there's still not a whole of buying interest quite yet.  So you're right, the price could still drop dramatically if some holders decide to sell.

However, it seems Iguana/Agama is maturing and growing stronger everyday, and with a few big things coming in the near future, interest should increase.  Therefore, it would be kind of silly to sell at these prices IMO.
Activity: 331
KMD is holding strong on Bittrex.  I'm betting that it runs up before and during the upcoming conference in early April.

Activity: 518
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Devs are working their butt off with Komodo and recent development road bump along the way. Keep up the good job . I know with your team effort and brilliance you can crash those bugs in time.
Activity: 406

Lizard naming scheme is pretty cool, some suggestions:
- Blue Tongue
- Goanna
- Perentie
Jump to: