Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 526. (Read 1192000 times)

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Wondering why Nxt and Vericoin are not part of the wallet anymore.

Any important reasons why? Both coins were the main reason why I had used the Supernet Wallet before Iguana was released.

See ya  Roll Eyes

So which of KMD's features dont you like?

Jumblr, inbuilt trustless exchange, multi wallet, pangea, trade bots?

legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
The FUD being pushed out here is ridiculous.   the bug has been fixed,  and james is putting KMD from his own personal funds up to compensate the few people that may have been ripped off due to the hacker dumping onto an exchange.      The fact this the bug was handled swiftly shows the strength of Komodo,  all code is going to have bugs in it   its how you deal with the situation is what matters.

I disagree with James accommodating those who sold KMD during this ordeal, especially out of his pocket.  The Komodo team should only send Cryptox whatever BTC was withdrawn by the attacker (~25 BTC from what we know so far), so that they can reimburse solely buyers' accounts.  Only buyers who bought from the attacker, that is.  

Although very honorable & gracious of James to do such a thing, it won't be acknowledged in this nasty ungrateful sewer of a Cryptoland anyway.  Those losers (and/or their bots) probably thought they were outsmarting everyone while they were at it...   Roll Eyes

What makes me mad the most is that not even one person here thanked James for his personal contribution. No even one. Only angry posts + few long time supporters. He admitted it was his oversight and he payed for it. What else did you guys expect? Moral compensation?

Thanks to the team for acting professionally in this situation. This all ordeal only increased my respect for this project.

I completely agree with this. Although this situation isn't optimal, James lowered the intensity of the negativity by providing his own personal funds, an action that wouldn't be taken by many developers.
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
Bigboss
The FUD being pushed out here is ridiculous.   the bug has been fixed,  and james is putting KMD from his own personal funds up to compensate the few people that may have been ripped off due to the hacker dumping onto an exchange.      The fact this the bug was handled swiftly shows the strength of Komodo,  all code is going to have bugs in it   its how you deal with the situation is what matters.

I disagree with James accommodating those who sold KMD during this ordeal, especially out of his pocket.  The Komodo team should only send Cryptox whatever BTC was withdrawn by the attacker (~25 BTC from what we know so far), so that they can reimburse solely buyers' accounts.  Only buyers who bought from the attacker, that is.  

Although very honorable & gracious of James to do such a thing, it won't be acknowledged in this nasty ungrateful sewer of a Cryptoland anyway.  Those losers (and/or their bots) probably thought they were outsmarting everyone while they were at it...   Roll Eyes

What makes me mad the most is that not even one person here thanked James for his personal contribution. No even one. Only angry posts + few long time supporters. He admitted it was his oversight and he payed for it. What else did you guys expect? Moral compensation?

Thanks to the team for acting professionally in this situation. This all ordeal only increased my respect for this project.
Activity: 282
Merit: 260
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
because you're going to end up with nothing in the end LOL

And why the fuck do you care if you have nothing invested in the project?

Your whole post history just involves "shit coin posts"

because that's what most are.  or just pure manipulation of price when a coin's tech/worth should be x10 less or more than what it is.  lucky to just have bot manipulation all over them (ie. the only reason anyone will trade/take notice of them).  re. this coin, the track record of past work speaks for itself.  warned you now.  won't again.

See ya  Roll Eyes

So which of KMD's features dont you like?

Jumblr, inbuilt trustless exchange, multi wallet, pangea, trade bots?

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto

because that's what most are.  or just pure manipulation of price when a coin's tech/worth should be x10 less or more than what it is.  lucky to just have bot manipulation all over them (ie. the only reason anyone will trade/take notice of them).  re. this coin, the track record of past work speaks for itself.  warned you now.  won't again.
legendary

Bug spotted quickly.
Bug fixed.
Dev was open, honest and transparent.
Scammer made next to nothing.
Those that did lose out are getting compenstated by the dev's personal holdings.
Job done.
Move on.
legendary
Juicin' crypto
@ Piston Honda you know a similar thing happened to bitcoin right?

If you have no interest in KMD why are you here other than to troll?

Activity: 383
Merit: 252
legendary
@ Piston Honda you know a similar thing happened too bitcoin right?

If you have no interest in KMD why are you here other than to troll?
legendary
Juicin' crypto
Maybe give the developer a break. He is trying to fix it and update everyone. I don't know what more he can do. Coins will be hacked like ethereum. They fix the problem and make the coin even more secure for the future. Its good to have these problems early on so these problems don't come when there is more investors. They are going to fix it. It could be listed on poloniex soon which will turn the price right back around. I don't really understand much about this project. I thought it was a copy of zcash. But if it send out bitcoin anonymously it does have some potential use for bitcoin investors in the future.

no.  how about get their shite right before they release this and that?  and ppl wonder why wbb dev takes SO long to release shit...because they make sure it is SECURE as hell before launch, with all checks/balances in place.  

this project will promise you the moon and unicorns that shit rainbows but you'll get ZERO in the end.  watch.

eth is great in SOME RESPECTS but definitely not anywhere near "ready" for mass market/appeal.

zec is just pure SHIT lol
legendary
Its already fixed and the hacker made very little.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Maybe give the developer a break. He is trying to fix it and update everyone. I don't know what more he can do. Coins will be hacked like ethereum. They fix the problem and make the coin even more secure for the future. Its good to have these problems early on so these problems don't come when there is more investors. They are going to fix it. It could be listed on poloniex soon which will turn the price right back around. I don't really understand much about this project. I thought it was a copy of zcash. But if it send out bitcoin anonymously it does have some potential use for bitcoin investors in the future.
legendary
Juicin' crypto
LOL fucking HACKED already?  now was it legit hack or "insider job" hack..hrmmmmmmm..you just never know?!?!

like said before this dev will end up with a half-assed finished product that will not succeed and already has fucking holes in it!!!!

WOW!
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hi folks, I just downloaded the latest Iguana app
when I start up my balance is zero
does this have something to do with the recent attack??
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
refund me my 0.2 BTC
ROFLMAO!   Grin
The high rollers arent happy lol.
Shit happens,
Its not the first and it wont be the last coin to have a hicup (inc. BTC)

They followed best practices "only invest what you can afford to loose". Gambler mentality is willing to risk somewhat more but got so often a dangerous handicap of calculating risk probabilities. Only fixating on the winning probability!

On the contrary, KMD notary nodes displayed why they are of existence.  To patrol any unscrupulous activities happening inside the blockchain. The past incident displayed how quick the response and the reaction of the team. For the record some had worse in the past but still recovered and made stronger stands. I don't see a disaster , I honestly see opportunities . KOMODO is a great project . A bug for exploits is a part of growing pains for any crypto projects . Dont despair KMD will recover and be more secure than before.

That summarizes it. Bitcoin still beeing alive after similar hiccups. So no worries, keep calm and carry on.
Don't ragequit sell woops sorry for that line, markets beeing halted and whatsnot.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
As concerning as the hack was, I think James has handled it extremely well so far with his quick response and transparent and informative posts, and offering some of his own stash for the resolution. Hopefully this is only a very minor setback for Komodo.

Good buying opportunity, moving on...
Activity: 650
Merit: 502
As concerning as the hack was, I think James has handled it extremely well so far with his quick response and transparent and informative posts, and offering some of his own stash for the resolution. Hopefully this is only a very minor setback for Komodo.
legendary
I agree with james about how this attack was similar to the bitcoin exploit from years ago.

Thanks james and team for fixing issue.

The people that came here saying to not roll back , wow, you guys are idiots.

Or the hacker  Grin Grin
Jump to: