Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 529. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
The hacker dumped the price to 152 sat on cryptopia, so well good job jl777 ,now my investment worth a dust Angry
Only 15k KMD was dumped on cryptopia. So, it does not affect anything.
Price on Bittrex is pretty stable.

Bittrex is full of bots that pump up the prices on the cryptos. Its nothing close to stable.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
clean resolution on the cryptox issue

Sounds like it will all come down to how many BTC the attacker had time to withdraw, right?

our estimate is less than 25 btc
so to put it in perspective this is a relatively small event compared to historical
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I have released a release candidate that is generating new blocks and the notary nodes are testing it. I think it has been about 12 hours since I first saw the attack, but if all goes well we will go from the current transition mining to free for all at 236000 and resume normal dPoW block generation.

Since I have been up for a while, I want to make sure we get past the transition to 236000 before onboarding the exchanges.

Would want a few hundred more blocks before the GPU pools come back in.

The result of this event is that 1.5 million KMD was created in the mainchain, but they are frozen, so the 1.5 million KMD isnt going anywhere. However, after it was announced that the chain will be stopped and restarted at 235300, the attacker started mining like crazy essentially creating his own chain. And with most of the block generation going offline, the attacker ended up with a lot of blocks which he stuffed full of illicit KMD.

bittrex had deposits disabled, so there was no illicit KMD traded at bittrexx
cryptopia only had a very small amount

but cryptox ended up with about 3.5 million illicit KMD, most of which traded at significant discounts to the bittrex market. We are currently working out what to do about that situation.

the mainchain doesnt have those 3.5 million KMD, most of it was mined on the attacker's private chain after notice of 235300. We realize people's concerns over their funds. Let me make clear that your KMD was not at risk during this entire episode. The potential dilution from massive illicit coins has been prevented.

I think the worst outcome for people would be that they wont make windfall profits from buying KMD at 200 sats on cryptox, yes some traded for that low. It is a balance between the interests of the low price purchasers and the community at large. This trading was with the illicit KMD and not the mainchain and it is too bad that we didnt have time for all the exchanges to block deposits.

Quite an eventful start to the week. KMD is generating blocks regularly again and with the exception of the cryptox low price buyer windfalls, I think all the other issues are now under control.

I will try to get some rest and hope for a clean resolution on the cryptox issue

Activity: 1330
Merit: 533
The project is excellent,
What should be done to arrange the price?
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
When all the hate starts coming that's the best time to buy. Buy when others are fearful and sell when people are greedy. Warren buffet.

When companies have issues and still a bright future. Hold tight
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
refund me my 0.2 BTC

ROFLMAO!   Grin

The high rollers arent happy lol.

Shit happens,

Its not the first and it wont be the last coin to have a hicup (inc. BTC)

The important fact is it was identified early,will be fixed and the dev team were open and honest about what happened.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
On the contrary, KMD notary nodes displayed why they are of existence.  To patrol any unscrupulous activities happening inside the blockchain. The past incident displayed how quick the response and the reaction of the team. For the record some had worse in the past but still recovered and made stronger stands. I don't see a disaster , I honestly see opportunities . KOMODO is a great project . A bug for exploits is a part of growing pains for any crypto projects . Dont despair KMD will recover and be more secure than before.
Activity: 40
refund me my 0.2 BTC

ROFLMAO!   Grin

you so rich...
you can give me 0.2 btc too

No problem man. I don't want to waste my time here too.

I'll just print screen this page and will laugh in 6-7 month) I'll remind you.
Price will be 0.00005.
Hm, i was wrong about 6-7 months.
0.00006 already only in 3 weeks.

"Very good" project
Komodo team need to be ashamed of themselves,with all the delay and hype they can only offer this shit. How are we even sure this is not an inside job by the team to crash the price. I will never touch any project you guys are involved in again, the team have been disappointment.

All projects of jl777 - bullshit. "The ICO was a success and we raised 2639 BTC"... 2639 BTC !!!!!!For what ?!
No working wallets without bugs...Just a simple wallet !!! Can't protect his coin from hacker...omg

Hey richy rich  jl777 refund me my 0.2 BTC to this address 183rdtkfBmDtAsJSWfTSq2mJdrB6BFCBpU
and give me your shitomodo address, i'll sent you your shit back.

Welcome to 1000 satoshi soon...
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Next time kids don't buy overpriced coins or else you will regret in the early mos to come. Im going to wait when it hits 1k satoshi
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
Komodo team need to be ashamed of themselves,with all the delay and hype they can only offer this shit. How are we even sure this is not an inside job by the team to crash the price. I will never touch any project you guys are involved in again, the team have been disappointment.
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
trading on bittrex has not stopped and has been trading all morning;
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-KMD
what happens to these trades after the rollback?
Did attacker deposit to bittrex?
No, Other low-volume exchanges
Why are you sure in it?
Activity: 1330
Merit: 533

No, Other low-volume exchanges
Activity: 756
Merit: 268

Activity: 2

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Very sad day for KMD. I don't know if it will ever bounce back from this.  It was already drifting steadily lower.  But time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 1205
Thanks for the update. James is working fullspeed now. Fix is coming.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
We are preparing an update/announcement

Here's what happened:
 - An attacker found a bug, which he tried to quietly abuse
 - A notary node saw it, and we pushed a fix
 - The attacker saw that a fix was coming and went "all-in" and started creating new coins
 - We had to announce a rollback as otherwise the attacker would have increased KMD supply by ~10% before the fix would have been applied
 - All trading has stopped, we just wait that the rollback happens and then situation will be back to normal (and the bug is fixed)

An update will be later published on supernet.org
legendary
Activity: 1540
Amazed the situation hasn't been tweeted from official twitter account...

when all is good, we will share a update soon!! Wink
Jump to: