Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 675. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Having hard time understanding how ChonoBank is aiming at 10k BTC and komodo received what? 1700 fresh BTC? I would really suggest you guys to start promotions ASAP even if the product is almost ready. Not so many people have even heard about KMD, look at the rate of thread post here and there. Don't be afraid to spend some of those funds, one of the goals to collect them was for promotions as I understand. Please do. I know the campaign will start soon, there is no need for "soon", do it now. Time is of the essence here.

P.S. Heat is out in 4 days, halfbaked, but aiming for a lot of similar goals.
I agree with that.

Dont make the same mistake as nxt in the first years. Great tech but without decent promotion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Nz8nHKY8Y

Andreas Antonopoulos : "If they try to stomp on bitcoin, they will discover that bitcoin was a little gecko technology, like Napster was the benign file sharing technology. When you stomp on the gecko, it becomes a Komodo dragon and then bites off your foot next time you try to stomp it"
I do not doubt the technology you create, the ambitions are there too. If all goes as planned, this could be the biggest coin after eth.
Grasshopper eats grass, gecko eats grasshopper, iguana eats grasshopper, komodo eats everything that moves, I understand that.

I was just suggesting to get as much media on-board not after komodo is ready, but rather now. It would only help in a long run.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Having hard time understanding how ChonoBank is aiming at 10k BTC and komodo received what? 1700 fresh BTC? I would really suggest you guys to start promotions ASAP even if the product is almost ready. Not so many people have even heard about KMD, look at the rate of thread post here and there. Don't be afraid to spend some of those funds, one of the goals to collect them was for promotions as I understand. Please do. I know the campaign will start soon, there is no need for "soon", do it now. Time is of the essence here.

I agree with that.

Dont make the same mistake as nxt in the first years. Great tech but without decent promotion.

Same story with XCR (which eventually died), then LSK. Another example is SDC, although it looks like they're finally going mainstream soon. I saw it over and over again. Someone hits the news and going up, others struggling with great tech.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

I agree with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Nz8nHKY8Y

Andreas Antonopoulos : "If they try to stomp on bitcoin, they will discover that bitcoin was a little gecko technology, like Napster was the benign file sharing technology. When you stomp on the gecko, it becomes a Komodo dragon and then bites off your foot next time you try to stomp it"
Activity: 1177
Merit: 500

I agree with that.

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Im looking at this verification form and cant wrap my head around it. Does it prompt people to dump their shit in a mini container, construct shitty words from it and use these words as a new type of ultimate highly secured mnemonic seed for signing in to that site as if its their real passphrase.

There are two separate verify processes:
1) when the account is created it asks you to type the passphrase in order to make sure you had saved it
2) second verification you can do yourself anytime (if you wish). For example, if you are unsure what your seed was, you can double check it is the correct one and matches with the public KMD address.

The seed is really important because you need it to access the KMD. It is THE seed you insert into the GUI wallet and get an access to your funds.
Activity: 112

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
Has anyone any insight of when will KMD hit the exchanges?

Not really, but it would help if you fill up the the form: https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Exchanges generally follow the mass and if we show a lot of love and demand for Komodo and let them know this, they will potential listen...or don't.  Grin
Activity: 1150
Merit: 502

I am not having passphrase, what should i do now?

That screenshot seems to be the one on signup. Do you even have an account right now? Is there a back button?

Yes, if you still see that, click 'Go back' and then you should see the seed. Save the seed and then get back to that verification page, and type your seed there.

Im looking at this verification form and cant wrap my head around it. Does it prompt people to dump their shit in a mini container, construct shitty words from it and use these words as a new type of ultimate highly secured mnemonic seed for signing in to that site as if its their real passphrase.
legendary

Not really, but it would help if you fill up the the form: https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
legendary
Activity: 1092
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
There was a request to prevent anybody but the creator of the key from modifying its value, ie. to make each key have an owner.

also the ability to transfer ownership of a specific key.

In order to do this, I added curve25519 capability to komodo and implemented a signature scheme that uses hashed shared secrets.

I coded the ownership transfer, but havent tested that part yet. the ownership preventing anybody else from changing seems to work. The only change to the API is an added passphrase parameter to kvupdate. The passphrase maps to a pubkey/privkey pair that allows the shared secret to be created against the contents of key+value as the seed into sha256, which is then treated as the privkey.

tl:dr KV API now supports owners and coded to allow transfer of ownership

edit: I verified ownership transfer works.

Now I can use the KV API for DEX data management
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
move that crypto
A surprising amount of BTCD has already been swapped.  895521 ÷ 1307722 = 68.48% of BTCD supply

KMD supply currently held by ico platform:
from BTC = 20.41M
from BTCD = 44.58M

Total = 64.98M KMD

There's also 10M KMD reserved for development which will not vote in first election

Is it 1,288,862 BTCD in circulation? At least http://coinmarketcap.com/ says so.

Both BTCD block explorers say 1307722

https://www.blockexperts.com/btcd#
http://explorebtcd.info/
legendary
A surprising amount of BTCD has already been swapped.  895521 ÷ 1307722 = 68.48% of BTCD supply

from BTC = 20.41M
from BTCD = 44.58M

Total = 64.98M KMD

Is it 1,288,862 BTCD in circulation? At least http://coinmarketcap.com/ says so.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
move that crypto

from BTC = 20.41M
from BTCD = 44.58M

Total = 64.98M KMD

There's also 10M KMD reserved for development which will not vote in first election
Set Your Ideas Free
On Clicking Go Back, it lands me on same page... there is no Seed option..  Cry

That is weird! Don't you see this page at all?

On this page you are supposed to save/write down the seed, and then proceed to confirm it. You are now on the confirmation page which comes next. Are you not able to go back?

Have you tried to re-login? Maybe try a hard refresh with shift + F5 or ctrl + F5. You could also try a different browser, if there's some weird bug.

Let me know how it goes.
Activity: 118

"Assphase"  Huh

Lol it is the worst phase, trust me, just hit F4 and throw away the damn thing.  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 560

That screenshot seems to be the one on signup. Do you even have an account right now? Is there a back button?

Yes, if you still see that, click 'Go back' and then you should see the seed. Save the seed and then get back to that verification page, and type your seed there.

On Clicking Go Back, it lands me on same page... there is no Seed option..  Cry
Set Your Ideas Free

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Activity: 560

If you have lost the passphrase you can create a new address by clicking on "Reset Seed",
remember to write down the passhprase and check that it matches the address

Where is an option to reset seed?

Click 'Home' from the menu, and then 'Reset Seed'.

From the same page you can also check your seed.

How to check you got the right passphrase/seed!

-> "check KMD address"
-> enter passphrase / seed
---> it returns the public KMD address

then it should match with your active KMD address above it

Example:

In the above picture the KMD addresses don't match, and there's a problem (the seed is incorrect).

I am still not getting Reset Seed option on Home page  Embarrassed
Jump to: