Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 676. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
I am not having passphrase, what should i do now?

If you have lost the passphrase you can create a new address by clicking on "Reset Seed",
remember to write down the passhprase and check that it matches the address

Where is an option to reset seed?

Click 'Home' from the menu, and then 'Reset Seed'.

From the same page you can also check your seed.

How to check you got the right passphrase/seed!

-> "check KMD address"
-> enter passphrase / seed
---> it returns the public KMD address

then it should match with your active KMD address above it

Example:

In the above picture the KMD addresses don't match, and there's a problem (the seed is incorrect).
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

If you have lost the passphrase you can create a new address by clicking on "Reset Seed",

Where is an option to reset seed?
Activity: 515
Merit: 502

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management

"Assphase"  Huh
I think the P is hidden in image.It is PASSPHARASE.Smiley
You should have gotten the PASSPHARASE when you created the account on website.
You should have backed it up somewhere as it can not be generated again.
Activity: 656

Activity: 518
I have Converted BTCD to KMD
Done with voting

what else i have to do?

and am i eligible to get bonus? (KMD swap on 13th Jan)

You don't have to do anything else and the ICO bonus ended three month ago, so no you aren't eligible.
I have Converted BTCD to KMD
Done with voting

what else i have to do?

and am i eligible to get bonus? (KMD swap on 13th Jan)
Set Your Ideas Free
Clarification about the overall GUI situation and its support of T&Z transactions

Windows Iguana Wallet will support Komodo, but only the Transparent Mode Transactions, and not Z (Private).

Note that Komodo is Fork of Zcash, and Zcash hasn’t still provided ANY Windows Support for their wallet. Nonetheless, Komodo will be supported on Windows.

Our dev @fadedreamz is working on solving support for Zcash with iguana, and as soon as it’s solved we’ll also be supporting Transparent mode support of Zcash in our Windows Iguana wallet.

The GUI developer Satinder Grewal said: "I can not exactly say when we’ll have Private Mode support for Windows, but we are trying our best to get things done to our potential."

So we have two daemons, and the other one supports T-transactions only:
- iguana daemon = Transparent Mode
- komodod daemon = Transparent Mode + Private Mode

Currently the situation is as follows:
OS X = iguana daemon + komodod daemon
Linux = iguana daemon + komodod daemon
Windows = iguana daemon | No Komodod support yet

This means, that with Linux you are able to choose whatever you want to launch Iguana daemon (full mode) or Komodod daemon (native mode). For now, you can only use the Komodo full mode on Windows.

When you launch Iguana desktop app it will ask you which mode you want to use. If you want to switch from 'full mode' to 'native mode' you will have to close the app and restart it; then select the new mode you wish to start with.

If you switch between the modes you will have to re-download the blockchain. Iguana daemon and komodod daemon are totally different implementation codebase to run Komodo Blockchain, their format of storing and syncing blockchain to your local machine is way different from each other. That is also why iguana daemon Only supports T (Transparent) Transaction, and why komodod daemon supports both T (Transparent) Transactions & Z (Private) Transactions.
Set Your Ideas Free
Nxt Asset Gateway to Assetchains

Vanbreuk gave an update about his efforts to enable SuperNET assets to be withdrawn to their independent blockchain via MultiGateway technology. As many might already know, jl777 has already created all the assets with the assetchains. The assets have dPoW protection and on-demand block generation.

Here's the update from Vanbreuk:

Quote from: vanbreuk
about the assetchains gateways (MGW for SuperNET assets currently on Nxt blockchain, to allow transferring them to Komodo):

In the tests last week I used native Komodo+assetchains, and the MGW database synchronized remarkably well, but using native Komodo turned out to be not an option in the multisignature address creation tests, since MGW uses the accounts feature in bitcoind & forks, which has been removed in Zcash and hence in Komodo.

The alternative is using Iguana as swiss army knife client for assetchains. Initial tests this week found a problem in the wallet creation process for every asset chain, but that happened just about the same time some wallet creation issues that AFAIK james has already addressed in Iguana beta branch.

Over the weekend I expect to have functional Iguana wallet files for assetchains, which should get us to the same point where we got with native Komodo, but without the problem with the accounts feature. After that, the only important test left should be the Nxt AE > Komodo assetchain assets withdrawal. So I hope to have Nxt AE > Assetchains gateways working when Komodo distribution happens.
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
I had a bit of spare time, I created 10 more assetchains:

./komodod -pubkey=$pubkey -ac_name=SUPERNET -ac_supply=816061
./komodod -pubkey=$pubkey -ac_name=DEX -ac_supply=1000000
./komodod -pubkey=$pubkey -ac_name=PANGEA -ac_supply=1000000
./komodod -pubkey=$pubkey -ac_name=JUMBLR -ac_supply=1000000
./komodod -pubkey=$pubkey -ac_name=BET -ac_supply=1000000
./komodod -pubkey=$pubkey -ac_name=CRYPTO -ac_supply=1000000
./komodod -pubkey=$pubkey -ac_name=HODL -ac_supply=10000000
./komodod -pubkey=$pubkey -ac_name=SHARK -ac_supply=1400
./komodod -pubkey=$pubkey -ac_name=BOTS -ac_supply=10000000
./komodod -pubkey=$pubkey -ac_name=MGW -ac_supply=10000000

These are 1:1 issued to match the corresponding NXT Assets:

SuperNET, InstantDEX, Pangea, NXTprivacy, Privatebet, crypto777, jl777hodl, sharkfund0, NXTcoinsco and MGW

These are all zcash forks with on-demand block generation and dPoW enabled. When we get the MGW setup to use assetchain coins, there will be an automated process to convert between the assetchain coins and the NXT assets using MGW

Is there an assetchain for NXTventures also?

No, because SuperNET won't be building on top of Nxt anymore. However the NXTventure holds big stakes our other projects.

We will probably distribute it's asset holdings to the shareholders and liquidate the asset. So it does have some value, but no future plans.

Ok, thanks. Probably makes sense to do that liquidation on NXT before migrating the other assets. Does NXTventures have much BTCD? That might complicate things a bit

Edit: looks like NXTventures doesn't own any BTCD
Set Your Ideas Free
regarding Gui Wallets, how can you say its production ready without support for the most popular OS or give a rough ETA for the Windows Release?

Yeah that's a good question. Any updates on this?

We are going to do some beta test on the KMD distribution, and for that we will publish some GUI and test it at the same time. The official publication date is still not announced, but should happen very soon.

The linux wallet works, but there is one bug in the windows wallet which is soon fixed.
Set Your Ideas Free

SuperNET, InstantDEX, Pangea, NXTprivacy, Privatebet, crypto777, jl777hodl, sharkfund0, NXTcoinsco and MGW

These are all zcash forks with on-demand block generation and dPoW enabled. When we get the MGW setup to use assetchain coins, there will be an automated process to convert between the assetchain coins and the NXT assets using MGW

No, because SuperNET won't be building on top of Nxt anymore. However the NXTventure holds big stakes our other projects.

We will probably distribute it's asset holdings to the shareholders and liquidate the asset. So it does have some value, but no future plans.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
I'm waiting for windows wallet because I'm using windows systems.
I saw the wallet for the other systems but I could not see the windows systems. when is it available after distribution?
Activity: 391
regarding Gui Wallets, how can you say its production ready without support for the most popular OS or give a rough ETA for the Windows Release?

Yeah that's a good question. Any updates on this?
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
When one swaps his/her BTCDs after the first distribution in 12 days when will the KMD coins be distributed? Daily, weekly or on fixed dates?

12 days to the distribution date, any news on exchanges to trade this coin, poloniex will be an idea place since supernet team seems to have good relationship with Poloniex.
Activity: 405

Merit: 425
I said write it here. I'm tired of waiting. I have great expectations from you as soon as I want to see you on the market.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I added support of a flags parameter to kvupdate.

The least significant bit is a write protect bit, so if it is set, it cant be updated until it expires.

The next bit is reserved, will become a binary data flag for signed data

The rest is currently use as a duration multiplier. The normal fee is multiplied by the the duration multiplier. The default is 1 day (1440 blocks)

Using the write protect bit, it is a bit of a first come first served free-for all, but with the duration all things will expire when the payment is used up.

I think with a signed binary option, we can get all that we need as the signed entries wont be able to be changed without a valid signature
Jump to: