Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 679. (Read 1191996 times)

legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
I don't see my KMD nor my BTCD address on there, yet I have deposited BTCD on the second day of the swap to the ICO platform. Am I supposed to see it on there?
Activity: 330
Merit: 250
Important note for KMD voters

Pay attention to the Notary Node candidates subsidy percentage!

Notary Nodes are paid monthly. The rate is 500$ per month. This includes the mined KMD, so $500 minus (KMD mined x Marketprice) = BTC payment.

Notary Node operators can lower their subsidy to be paid less, as most servers with the required specs don't cost 500$ per month.

By doing so, Komodo will save BTC! This BTC can be used for marketing/promotion, future development, etc. for the Komodo Platform.

thanks, xrobesx

https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/xrobesx/

Valid points!
Also having a lower subsidy will allow for more notary nodes being run in the region.
If average subsidy among those elected is 50% (or lower) in a region a whopping 16 nodes could become elected.
If it is 100%, only 8 nodes will be up and running.
Probably we will end up somewhere in between 8-16 in each region.

I would not advice looking solely on subsidy % though.
Being able to keep your node up to date consistently with mining, notarizing, ratifying and helping each other out is important too.
And sometimes a quality host comes with a cost, you decide what's important.
Activity: 330
I am planning on doing an install of ubuntu or mint. Which version numbers are the better of the two for iguana and komodo?

Here's a setup guide for a notary node server for 14.04: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/Setup-Komodo-Notary-Node
I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on my notary server, works like a charm.

// NxtSwe
https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/nxtswe/

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
I want to buy some BTCD on the bittrex exchange for swap so when does the swap finish? Must I transfer BTCD to my wallet for swap? and how can I vote KMD election? I'm sorry I'm newbie here. Thank you.

Swap finish is 8 January 2018
In order to swap BTCD to KMD and vote you need to register on ico.komodoplatform.com go to SWAP page, sent BTCD to your swap address and then vote on VOTE page before 29 January 2017.

It is really nice that the community has already answered the questions even before we even have seen them Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
will there be a new website with different languages? I hope so.

New websites are underway for SuperNET and Komodo . Stay Tuned!

Yes, indeed!

We have completely rebuilt the SuperNET website, and are now designing and producing content for it. After we are finished with the basic SuperNET website we will do Komodoplatform.com

Komodoplatform.com will become a nice static landing page for Komodo, and supernet.org will be a central hub of everything we are doing. We will start publishing regular content there, and rise in the google ranks! Doing all this takes time though.

Regarding marketing, we are also researching potential blockchain conferences where we could go in 2017. Where would you like to see Komodo? We are open to suggestions, so let us know.

I like the marketing plans for blockchain conferences, this is a great marketing strategy  Smiley
My suggestions is to give pamphlet about our "SuperNET, Iguana & Komodo platform" to all those who attending the conferences...and they can shares this pamphlet with their friends & family when they go home from the conferences.....Then we can hit two birds with one stone this way   Cool

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
I want to buy some BTCD on the bittrex exchange for swap so when does the swap finish? Must I transfer BTCD to my wallet for swap? and how can I vote KMD election? I'm sorry I'm newbie here. Thank you.

Swap finish is 8 January 2018
In order to swap BTCD to KMD and vote you need to register on ico.komodoplatform.com go to SWAP page, sent BTCD to your swap address and then vote on VOTE page before 29 January 2017.
Activity: 168
Set Your Ideas Free
I am planning on doing an install of ubuntu or mint. Which version numbers are the better of the two for iguana and komodo?

Our dev thinks Ubuntu might be slightly better, but basically any linux should be fine.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
48% of BTCD has already been swapped to KMD
Set Your Ideas Free
Kudos to the whole Komodo team for the awesome level of communication during and after the ICO. That makes it really very easy to wait for the launch. I also liked the blogposts that introduced me to the tech and infrastructure and so on.
I invested with BTCD that I bought mostly during the dip and before, so I had quite some time to let the project convince me to actually swap the BTCD and not just sell them when the price goes up.
The communication/information, and the combination of dPoW and ZK-Snarks, makes me quite confident that Komodo can catch on and I'm really looking forward to the launch!

Thanks! Because we are an open source project we try to be as open as possible about what we do.
Activity: 924
Decentralised Amazon & ICO Hub
BTCD price had a nice surge up to .00488650.   That was $4.42 at the time and the highest BTCD has been in over two years.  So it seems to be going higher and higher, in anticipation of the KMD distribution and it is clear why:

BTCD/KMD Price update

Remember that .006512 is equivalent to the ICO price, so still plenty more room to run up to near that level before KMD official distribution on Jan 31. 

Current BTCD Price (Poloniex).00488650 BTCD/BTC

Current BTC/BTCD rate:
204.65 : 1 (amount of BTCD that you get for 1 BTC)

KMD/BTCD swap rate
: 50.351: 1 (amount of KMD you will get for 1 BTCD that you swap on ICO site)

KMD/BTC current rate: 10304.175 (amount of KMD you get for 1 BTC worth of BTCD at current price on Poloniex)

KMD/BTC ICO rate: 7746.522 : 1 (amount of KMD you got for 1 BTC at the end of ICO with no bonus)

Current extra KMD via BTCD: +2557.653 KMD or +33.02% extra (relative to ICO KMD/BTC rate at the end of ICO with no bonus)

So at current prices, you get much more KMD that you would have gotten at the end of the ICO.

The price could rise sharply from here to .006512 BTCD/BTC and you would still get the same amount of KMD. per BTC spent, as during the final phase of the ICO.

To swap BTCD for KMD:   https://ico.komodoplatform.com/

Request that KMD be added to Poloniex here:   https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Come on, dev
please, add to poloniex
I am not patience to sell my KMD  Grin
Activity: 192
Kudos to the whole Komodo team for the awesome level of communication during and after the ICO. That makes it really very easy to wait for the launch. I also liked the blogposts that introduced me to the tech and infrastructure and so on.
I invested with BTCD that I bought mostly during the dip and before, so I had quite some time to let the project convince me to actually swap the BTCD and not just sell them when the price goes up.
The communication/information, and the combination of dPoW and ZK-Snarks, makes me quite confident that Komodo can catch on and I'm really looking forward to the launch!
Set Your Ideas Free
Is there a voting tracker for notary candidates somewhere? It would be nice if we could see where the node voting tallies stand. Smiley

No, the results will stay hidden until the elections are over. Showing them in real time might cause some problems, such as delaying your vote to the last minute.

We will publish everything after the elections, and the results can be verified.
legendary
Activity: 1206
Is there a voting tracker for notary candidates somewhere? It would be nice if we could see where the node voting tallies stand. Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTCD price had a nice surge up to .00488650.   That was $4.42 at the time and the highest BTCD has been in over two years.  So it seems to be going higher and higher, in anticipation of the KMD distribution and it is clear why:

BTCD/KMD Price update

Remember that .006512 is equivalent to the ICO price, so still plenty more room to run up to near that level before KMD official distribution on Jan 31. 

Current BTCD Price (Poloniex).00488650 BTCD/BTC

Current BTC/BTCD rate:
204.65 : 1 (amount of BTCD that you get for 1 BTC)

KMD/BTCD swap rate
: 50.351: 1 (amount of KMD you will get for 1 BTCD that you swap on ICO site)

KMD/BTC current rate: 10304.175 (amount of KMD you get for 1 BTC worth of BTCD at current price on Poloniex)

KMD/BTC ICO rate: 7746.522 : 1 (amount of KMD you got for 1 BTC at the end of ICO with no bonus)

Current extra KMD via BTCD: +2557.653 KMD or +33.02% extra (relative to ICO KMD/BTC rate at the end of ICO with no bonus)

So at current prices, you get much more KMD that you would have gotten at the end of the ICO.

The price could rise sharply from here to .006512 BTCD/BTC and you would still get the same amount of KMD. per BTC spent, as during the final phase of the ICO.

To swap BTCD for KMD:   https://ico.komodoplatform.com/

Request that KMD be added to Poloniex here:   https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
Set Your Ideas Free

Yes, indeed!

We have completely rebuilt the SuperNET website, and are now designing and producing content for it. After we are finished with the basic SuperNET website we will do Komodoplatform.com

Komodoplatform.com will become a nice static landing page for Komodo, and supernet.org will be a central hub of everything we are doing. We will start publishing regular content there, and rise in the google ranks! Doing all this takes time though.

Regarding marketing, we are also researching potential blockchain conferences where we could go in 2017. Where would you like to see Komodo? We are open to suggestions, so let us know.
Activity: 383
Merit: 252

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
will there be a new website in different languages? I hope so.
Activity: 391
There will be marketing effort. Just wait until Komodo Wallet and Iguana is released. First there needs to be a product (GUI) for marketing. With the releases comes trust.

I figured now that there's a concrete schedule/release date, marketing would ramp up since it seems to be a good time to do it to get more people involved and excited about the project. After all, the more users at the beginning, the stronger the network.  But sure, I guess you can never be certain  that it'll be released until it is released.
legendary
Activity: 1206
Important note for KMD voters

Pay attention to the Notary Node candidates subsidy percentage!

Notary Nodes are paid monthly. The rate is 500$ per month. This includes the mined KMD, so $500 minus (KMD mined x Marketprice) = BTC payment.

Notary Node operators can lower their subsidy to be paid less, as most servers with the required specs don't cost 500$ per month.

By doing so, Komodo will save BTC! This BTC can be used for marketing/promotion, future development, etc. for the Komodo Platform.

thanks, xrobesx

https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/xrobesx/

Very good points , xrobesx!  

I agree completely! The node operator's subsidy percentage is undoubtedly an important factor to keep in mind when voting. The fact that komodo is new to the scene means that conserving BTC is of the utmost importance, especially early on in the game, before KMD is established.

Please ask yourself if a high subsidy percentage will benefit the individual or the entire project and then vote accordingly. Smiley

Review the link below to see the subsidy percentages being asked by each candidate.  

https://i.imgur.com/XcaGTji.png

Also, know that there are 28 candidates in this election.

8 candidates with 4 nodes (1 in each region)
5 candidates with 3 nodes
5 candidates with 2 nodes
10 candidates with 1 node

From a decentralization perspective, again ask yourself if it's a good idea to have a single candidate running a node in 3 or 4 regions. Seems that 2 nodes per candidate is plenty imo.
Jump to: