Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 719. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I looked in the OP but could not see.
How do i collect my Komodo from the ICO???

Is there a link. I have the 12 words

Read the last two or three pages of this thread and all your answers are there.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
I can not see when KMD is distributed to investors. I 'm waiting for it so long.
Please tell me how to get it?

Hurry up and wait

Cheers Jon Grin
rnr
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
I can not see when KMD is distributed to investors. I 'm waiting for it so long.

Please wait for the Mainnet launch and the claiming process. TBA.

Roadmap:

Right now devs are working on the implementation of the BTCD deposit feature into the ICO homepage. When that´s finish an announcement will ring in the possibility that the ICO site accepts BTCD.

7 days later the BTCD snapshot will happen & the swapping (BTCD > KMD) begins

Than every ICO investor (from BTCD swap AND BTC investments) will be able to vote for notary nodes within 2 weeks

Ongoing, when elections are over the elected notary nodes will get ratified AND KMD will be distributed to the investors!
Activity: 631
Merit: 258

Activity: 255

I'm flabbergasted that people don't take 15 minutes or even 5 to read about the swap process. If they did they'd realize they stand to make 100% gains right from the get go if KMD maintains its intrinsic price.

What is your math for 100% gain?  KMD doesn't really have an intrinsic price right now, does it?   Except valued off the 50:1 KMD:BTCD swap value.   

I agree with you though that it's a good calculated risk here to buy BTCD at these prices.  If KMD is going to be 1/10th as successful as many of us think it will, then will definitely be a good investment for those of us who didn't get in on the ICO.

Yeah, you're right. I was basing that on the established BTC to KMD ICO price. 1 BTC worth of BTCD would buy you twice the KMD that 1 BTC did during ICO.

I did some math and does seem like you get more KMD in the end from buying BTCD at around .004 or lower than you did during the end of the ICO.

I'm not sure of the beginning of the ICO but apparently it ended on Nov 20th and BTC was $733 then.  Now BTC is about 23% higher but you get more than 23% extra KMD with BTCD right now.

If you had $10,000 worth of BTC on Nov 20th, that is $10,000/$733 = 13.6425 BTC.  At the ICO exchange rate of 7746.522 KMD/BTC, that means you would get 105,681 KMD

Right now with $10,000 worth of BTC, that is $10,000/$910 = 10.99 BTC.  Say you can somehow buy BTCD at .004 BTCD/BTC.   That is 2747.5 BTCD.   Then multiply that by swap exchange rate of approx 50 KMD per BTCD and you would have 137,375 KMD

So that is 137,375 - 105,681 = 31694 extra KMD or 30% more than if you bought on the last day of the ICO with the same amount of USD (converted to BTC).

I suppose this doesn't matter now that the opportunity of the ICO has passed, but just shows that at current BTCD prices, you are getting a great deal, relative to the ICO price.

Of course the trick is buying BTCD at a low enough price because the liquidity is very poor on Poloniex and that's about the only exchange that has any volume at all. 

I may move some more funds to Poloniex to try to buy a bit more, but I've already loaded up on quite a bit and don't want to overdo it.  I just have a good feeling about KMD though.  The anonymous crypto currencies are the future as governments crack down on Bitcoin users more and more.  XMR, ZEC, KMD all are looking good..maybe DASH too, but I don't know as much about it.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
- ICO site accepts BTCD
 - 7 days after that BTCD snapshot happens & the swapping begins
 - Elections begin, and last 2 weeks
 - Elections are over, elected notary nodes will get ratified, KMD will be distributed

so by what date exactly do you need to move your btcd to the ico site to get revs?

Get all BTCD you have in either ICO site or an address you have private key to, within 7 days of when ICO site is open for BTCD deposits. On 7th day dont move your BTCD as snapshot will be taken that day.

So need to check when ICO site can accept btcd I see. I will check periodically. thanks.

I think it will be announced in this thread, so we can just keep checking this thread, that is what i do at least.

Yes I think that you are right. I read here often so I am hoping they announce here too.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
- ICO site accepts BTCD
 - Elections are over, elected notary nodes will get ratified, KMD will be distributed

so by what date exactly do you need to move your btcd to the ico site to get revs?

Get all BTCD you have in either ICO site or an address you have private key to, within 7 days of when ICO site is open for BTCD deposits. On 7th day dont move your BTCD as snapshot will be taken that day.

So need to check when ICO site can accept btcd I see. I will check periodically. thanks.

I think it will be announced in this thread, so we can just keep checking this thread, that is what i do at least.
legendary
- ICO site accepts BTCD

- ICO site accepts BTCD

Activity: 286
BTCD rising quiet a bit. I guess that is a good sign for KMD investors. Might also be related to the ZEC uptick.
legendary
 - ICO site accepts BTCD

oh right, totally forgot about the REV asset. I was wondering if REV asset is a one time payment for BTCD revenue sharing before conversion to KMD or is REV going to be somehow bought back increasing its value. Will there be ongoing payment for KMD holders or REV holders? Also do i get any passive income by holding KMD, like i did with BTCD with staking and revenue sharing?

KMD is a coin, it doesn't receive any dividends. However it does have 5% APR built into it, which means you will automatically receive new coins. The 5% APR stops after we reach the maximum supply in 14 years or so.

5% seems like a nice return for spending to yourself, now i have to see how much value will REV assets hold. Cheesy
i think if you are not day trading but just want to invest long term with privacy, decentralized exchange is great for you, only problem is liquidity & volume.

Up until this point there exists only one decentralized exchange. U know what its called.

I believe its called bitsquare. I know these exchange like NXT, WAVES etc dont trade the real coins but a token representing a crypto or fiat.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Will we be able to trade our KMD bought on ICO on january? Delay on development may harm price when KMD get indexed in exchange platform. I am eagerly waiting to trade my KMD.

My opinion on this is , as long as it does not hit on exchanges , the price of KMD remains @ 0.00012909 btc. Considering the rising value of bitcoin, we should be glad 😁

Why not 0.00012908? Is it too low for u to not lose ur temper? Would u go all in on an ultimate short if it crosses 0.00012907?
This is what startles me the most.

There are about 30 people working very close to KMD now including PondSea, mr_e, ludom, James, twin and a rest of not so poor gang coming from NXT. Why is BTCD price is sooo low now? Are you guys dumping them on us to have them back in 2-3 weeks? Or maybe you're out of BTC as the rest of fully loaded us? Or you guys have no trust in your own coin? 200 BTC is not a lot? Well, buy them up.

I am not trying to fud here, but it just does not click. I keep buying as much BTCD as I can and the price only goes lower every day. How is that even possible without huge daily dumps? And who in their right mind would dump when switch is so close? I am probably too paranoid, or too frustrated with what is happening on the pre-KMD market. What do you guys think?

EDIT:  BTW, BTCD price is nearing pre-KMD announcement ...

The BTCD price drop is no body fault...because all alcoins including eth are suffering the same price drop daily when Bitcoin price rise.
This happen because Bitcoin price is rising, so all alcoins price are dropping when Bitcoin rise.

This is not new, this same trend happen last year and previous years...when Bitcoin price rise, all alcoins price will drop.
I guess it because all exchanges depending on Bitcoin to trade for alcoins & fiat, thus all alcoins price will get effected when Bitcoin rise.

Hopefully Bitcoin price will stop rising early next year, then alcoins price including BTCD price will rise again.
So for now just be patience and just wait till it Bitcoin price cool down...

Better to ask why BitCoin price is going up. Bitcoin may do a soft fork to Lightning Network and Smart Contracts even allowing ACCT.

Lightning is a bolt on, no soft fork needed, same with things like RISK for smart contracts. Soft fork will be needed for SegWit if it ever gets support. Not looking good today.

I'm flabbergasted that people don't take 15 minutes or even 5 to read about the swap process. If they did they'd realize they stand to make 100% gains right from the get go if KMD maintains its intrinsic price.

What is your math for 100% gain?  KMD doesn't really have an intrinsic price right now, does it?   Except valued off the 50:1 KMD:BTCD swap value.   

I agree with you though that it's a good calculated risk here to buy BTCD at these prices.  If KMD is going to be 1/10th as successful as many of us think it will, then will definitely be a good investment for those of us who didn't get in on the ICO.

Yeah, you're right. I was basing that on the established BTC to KMD ICO price. 1 BTC worth of BTCD would buy you twice the KMD that 1 BTC did during ICO.

legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Will we be able to trade our KMD bought on ICO on january? Delay on development may harm price when KMD get indexed in exchange platform. I am eagerly waiting to trade my KMD.

My opinion on this is , as long as it does not hit on exchanges , the price of KMD remains @ 0.00012909 btc. Considering the rising value of bitcoin, we should be glad 😁

Why not 0.00012908? Is it too low for u to not lose ur temper? Would u go all in on an ultimate short if it crosses 0.00012907?
This is what startles me the most.

There are about 30 people working very close to KMD now including PondSea, mr_e, ludom, James, twin and a rest of not so poor gang coming from NXT. Why is BTCD price is sooo low now? Are you guys dumping them on us to have them back in 2-3 weeks? Or maybe you're out of BTC as the rest of fully loaded us? Or you guys have no trust in your own coin? 200 BTC is not a lot? Well, buy them up.

I am not trying to fud here, but it just does not click. I keep buying as much BTCD as I can and the price only goes lower every day. How is that even possible without huge daily dumps? And who in their right mind would dump when switch is so close? I am probably too paranoid, or too frustrated with what is happening on the pre-KMD market. What do you guys think?

EDIT:  BTW, BTCD price is nearing pre-KMD announcement ...

The BTCD price drop is no body fault...because all alcoins including eth are suffering the same price drop daily when Bitcoin price rise.
This happen because Bitcoin price is rising, so all alcoins price are dropping when Bitcoin rise.

This is not new, this same trend happen last year and previous years...when Bitcoin price rise, all alcoins price will drop.
I guess it because all exchanges depending on Bitcoin to trade for alcoins & fiat, thus all alcoins price will get effected when Bitcoin rise.

Hopefully Bitcoin price will stop rising early next year, then alcoins price including BTCD price will rise again.
So for now just be patience and just wait till it Bitcoin price cool down...

Better to ask why BitCoin price is going up. Bitcoin may do a soft fork to Lightning Network and Smart Contracts even allowing ACCT.
BTCD is now up 21% today.  Nice technical bounce on the chart too, but volume is still pretty low on Poloniex.

But when the swap is about to start, can see BTCD really surging in price, so probably a good time to buy some now.

What's the disadvantage of buying now? Why are people waiting until the swap?

There is none. I've been buying the dip all week. It's been crazy cheap if you buy slowly so as not to drive the market up to fast.

legendary
Activity: 1073
BTCD is now up 21% today.  Nice technical bounce on the chart too, but volume is still pretty low on Poloniex.

But when the swap is about to start, can see BTCD really surging in price, so probably a good time to buy some now.

What's the disadvantage of buying now? Why are people waiting until the swap?
Jump to: