Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 722. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Supernets time is over. It has been running too long and failed to get fit.

SuperNET  has only begun.   The next couple months will blow your mind.

what is this about? a pump of supernet after komodo finish? or a release in development

Multi coins wallet & Decentralized exchange are under development by the team now..
Plus more developments are coming in the future by the team...so i have a total confidence for Komodo & Supernet future   Grin

Activity: 330
Merit: 250
Silverlink

what is this about? a pump of supernet after komodo finish? or a release in development
Activity: 383
Merit: 252

Activity: 2147
Merit: 518

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Any estimate date that we can swap BTCD for KMD?

Yes: very soon.

It's almost ready, but we are not gonna make any promises. It's still gonna take at least some days.

After Komodo Launches and all works out. Will JL777 support some of the other coins on the SuperNet with DPOW?

Could we get OPAL to become a DPOW Silver rating using LiteCoin's hash instead of BitCoin being that Komodo is Gold. If Komodo is open source could someone else do this to any other SuperNet Coin too?

Any coin can use dPoW to protect their network. Instead of attaching to bitcoin Blockchain they would use Komodo's blockchain. The coin can select which nodes notarize their blockhashes to our blockchains. They could even setup their own nodes to do that.

We would like to see as many blockchains utilize dPoW as possible. To do that a softfork is enough, and it shouldn't take that long either.

OPAL could attach itself to Bitcoin, Litecoin or any other coin. However it costs a lot of money to do constant group signed tx transactions (that's why we needed funding). It's way cheaper to use KMD blockchain to get the dPoW protection. Through Komodo also the 3rd party blockchain would be secured by Bitcoin's hashrate (extra link though, so it takes a bit longer for a transaction to get the bitcoin level security).
Activity: 1330
Merit: 533
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I can not wait to see the swap page for BTCD. I have accumulated some and ready to exchange once it is ready.
Activity: 466
Imagine a world without banks.......
If you hold Komodo and are planning to vote in the upcoming election, I ask you to review my proposal to you.

Komodo Notary Profile

Name: PTYTrader

Why would you make a good Komodo Notary?

Abstract
I believe that Komodo and the SuperNET will urge a new standard and overall outlook on how a decentralized economy should operate. I vow not to only use my subsidy for maintaining my notary node, I will also dedicated 25% of it to marketing in Panama and nearby countries. If we assure a foothold in Central America, we can catapult into new territory.

Hardware:     
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
THREAD(S): 16
CPU(s): 8
PROCESSOR: XEON
HDD: 1 TB
BANDWIDTH: 1GBIT

Introduction:
My name is Christopher Gonzalez. If I am chosen as a notary node, my main goal is to spread KMD use in Panama. Due to Komodo’s ability to be used for business, I believe it can gain some traction. Ultimately, the goal is to introduce Central and South America to cryptocurrencies and the benefits of mainstream use. The SuperNet is the dream and Komodo is the means to make into reality.

Recent History:
I have an accumulated 4 years of mining experience. Currently I personally build and run mining rigs for Zcash, Dash, and Monero.
Two years ago I began working on PTYTrade. My vision is to spread cryptocurrency use across Central and South America. I am located in Panama which gives our community a great advantage since our ultimate goal is to grow and create a stable decentralized economy.

Final Thoughts:
Komodo is only one cog in the wheel that is the SuperNet. Running a notary node in Panama can act as a slingshot to finally introduce Central and South America to the SuperNet and other related projects. In untouched countries such as Panama, blockchain technology is barely known. The opportunity for KMD to become a preferred currency is high amongst such regions, if introduced to the public correctly.

I will not only run a node. My plan is to expand our community through marketing, educational material, and word-of-mouth.
My team and I have done the research into the costs of running a rig which can meet the demand of a notary node.
It’s estimated that 75% of the subsidy is required to begin and sustain operations (inlcuding marketing). However, I have decided to ask for 50% subsidy. I will cover the marketing costs for the time being.
We are entering a new playing field and you can count on me doing what is needed for the success of this platform. I am a true believer in decentralization. Komodo is an important step towards that.

To see my profile please navigate to:
https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/ptytrader/
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
After Komodo Launches and all works out. Will JL777 support some of the other coins on the SuperNet with DPOW?

Could we get OPAL to become a DPOW Silver rating using LiteCoin's hash instead of BitCoin being that Komodo is Gold. If Komodo is open source could someone else do this to any other SuperNet Coin too?
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Any estimate date that we can swap BTCD for KMD?
Activity: 784
Set Your Ideas Free
Who can participate in voting? What is the minimum amount of Kmd tokens one must have to be eligible to vote and where and how it can be done?
everyone with KMD
the ICO site is being updated to support voting

We are going to have a BTCD swap also, so anyone could buy BTCD and swap it for KMD. After the swap you will have KMD which you can use to vote.

The ICO site is coming together nicely, hopefully we can soon announce the schedule.

Thanks to both of you for answering.
Will each token holder have 1 voting right irrespective of amount of kmd he holds or will it be proportionate to number of KMD he has?

No problem!

1 KMD = 1 vote per region

You will vote four times, one time per each region (each region will have an independent election)

That is great concept.Chances of big investors being bribed by candidates for getting their votes? since they have large sums of kmd, they can make someone win
And will notary candidates be able to vote for themselves?

The elections are quite open, and we want to make them even more open in the future (decentralized). Basically there's no way to stop backroom deals from happening. Also there's really no way to stop any notary node operator from voting.

Right now you could buy BTCD from the open markets, register 10 different accounts through our ICO site, and then use them to vote.
Will signature participants like me who opt to get paid in KMD be get KMD before voting starts so that we can also participate

All the bounties, including team member payments, will be sent out after the election. In other words, the 10% supply that was reserved for bounties & other payments won't be voting.

Only those who invested with BTC or who swap their BTCD during the election will vote.
Activity: 840
Merit: 523
Turn your financial ideas into reality

whoever is the person that made these AWESOMEe graphics for Komodo please get in touch with me, WINGS has a few projects coming out in the spring and they will need someone to create some very easy on the eye graphics for their announcements.

you can email domi at wings.ai or user darklightstar on tg
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
Just hurry up and send BTC then wait......and wait.......then wait some more

Cheers Jon  Grin
Jump to: