Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 720. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTCD is now up 21% today.  Nice technical bounce on the chart too, but volume is still pretty low on Poloniex.

But when the swap is about to start, can see BTCD really surging in price, so probably a good time to buy some now.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
One think that people may not know but to get the 5% you have to spend you KMD, even if it is back to your own wallet.

The more often you spend, the more compound interest you will get. This will promote tx's within the network and fees to the nodes. (bloat will not be a problem)  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1428
Ok I am intrigued by KMD and going to get onboard.  I should probably read and research more about it, but I like the concepts behind it and sounds like a competent team of developers.  I like anonymous cryptocurrencies and have a little XMR and ZEC as well and KMD could be their successor and take more of the market.

That is only half of the tech. KMD will be protected by the hashing power of Bitcoin and all altchains/smartchains of KMD will have the ability to do so also. I wont go into more details as too much tech at 5am is not good for anyone  Grin
BTCD is up 15% today on Poloniex. It looks like people are trying to get in before the snapshot and swap begins.

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
oh right, totally forgot about the REV asset. I was wondering if REV asset is a one time payment for BTCD revenue sharing before conversion to KMD or is REV going to be somehow bought back increasing its value. Will there be ongoing payment for KMD holders or REV holders? Also do i get any passive income by holding KMD, like i did with BTCD with staking and revenue sharing?

KMD is a coin, it doesn't receive any dividends. However it does have 5% APR built into it, which means you will automatically receive new coins. The 5% APR stops after we reach the maximum supply in 14 years or so.
Set Your Ideas Free
i think if you are not day trading but just want to invest long term with privacy, decentralized exchange is great for you, only problem is liquidity & volume.

Indeed, and the good news is that we have solved the liquidity problem. Our solution is liquidity provider nodes (LP-nodes), which will also connect to a centralized exchange where they can balance the trade. So for example could sell KMD through DEX while doing the opposite in a central exchange:

DEX: KMD -> BTC
CEX: BTC -> KMD

Our DEX is different

We already created a decentralized exchange two years ago, it was based on proxy tokens. It is called MGW and it is still functional. A lot of people have used it to easily store BTC and BTCD (+other supported coins) in a decentralized environment. It was built on top of Nxt, which also meant that businesses could pay their dividends in BTC. However, there were several problems and because of those this DEX never got much adoption.

Most if not all of the current decentralize exchange solutions we have on the market today (or in development) use the same concept of proxy tokens. Our assessment is that it will never get adoption as it cannot beat the convenience and speed of a centralized exchange. So when we developed our DEX 2.0 we knew that decentralization in itself is not enough. We need to also have speed, liquidity, and the convenience of a central exchange.

With our new DEX (called EasyDEX & InstantDEX) we don't use proxy tokens. Rather we use an atomic cross chain protocol to directly swap the coins. The trading can be done from the same place you keep your coins, i.e. Iguana desktop app. And finally we ensure liquidity through the liquidity provider nodes as explained earlier.

For more detailed explanation read our DEX whitepaper!
Set Your Ideas Free

The ICO swap backend is finished & tested. Now we must wait for it to get integrated into the ICO website itself. As soon as this is done we will make the announcement.

There are many questions about the BTCD swap still, so here's the complete answer to all the questions.

I'll try to clear out all the uncertainty & misunderstandings

We try to swap all BTCD there exist throughout 1 full year. If someone has BTCD it can be swapped, no matter when it is bought. You could buy BTCD 6 months from now and swap it for KMD.

BTCD Snapshot to get REVS

- The snapshot is not related to BTCD swap.
 - The snapshot is to get an additional asset called REVS.
 - The privatekeys are used to redeem the asset.
 - The snapshot has not happened yet!
 - to participate the BTCD can be stored either in a BTCD address under your control, or in our ICO site

BTCD Swap to get KMD

- has nothing to do with the snapshot
 - is done through the ICO site
 - lasts 1 full year
 - swapped BTCD ends up to our account, where it is publicly visible (nothing will happen to the swapped BTCD)
 - hopefully every single BTCD coin will get swapped during the year

Schedule

- ICO site accepts BTCD
 - 7 days after that BTCD snapshot happens & the swapping begins
 - Elections begin, and last 2 weeks
 - Elections are over, elected notary nodes will get ratified, KMD will be distributed

The conclusion

If you buy BTCD it can be swapped at any time. To also receive the REVS asset you need to have a privatekey that contained BTCD during the snapshot. BTCD swap and snapshot are two separate things.

During the year BTCD can be swapped for KMD with the exchange rate we announced: 1 BTCD = 50.448 KMD (However the exchange rate decreases slightly throughout the year because BTCD staking expands the supply)
Ok I am intrigued by KMD and going to get onboard.  I should probably read and research more about it, but I like the concepts behind it and sounds like a competent team of developers.  I like anonymous cryptocurrencies and have a little XMR and ZEC as well and KMD could be their successor and take more of the market.
legendary
Activity: 1554
The goal is to release a "granny-proof" product.  Meaning that not only is the UX flawless  but intuitive.    One of the major obstacles to get new users into the crypto space is the technical savvy you need to even do basic functions.
Tis THE path, that anyone interested in meaningful adoption, needs to be taking notice of ^^^
Enough of this passing around tokens to each other, in this small crypto crowd. Get you're granny involved, or go home. Simples.   
Activity: 383
Merit: 252
so when is the wallet release date

Technically Iguana GUI is out already in semi-closed beta fashion still a lot of things to be done, just recently a possible security flaw similar to that was found in another html wallet that potentially could have effected us the same way ( XSS vulnerability) was discovered and patched by our head of security, ca333 and our iguana gui dev, boogieman.   You can build and compile it but it is not production ready.      Iguana and Komodo cli for Linux  have been operational for quite sometime, several months for komodo-cli and even longer for Iguana.

Here is the github if you are interested in using Iguana

https://github.com/jl777/SuperNET

When the electron html wallet is  ready and  "granny-proof".   Trust me, you'll hear about it  Wink

https://komodoplatform.com/last-few-weeks-of-development-until-launch/
About when do you think we will start to see KMD being traded on major exchanges like Poloniex?  I missed the presale, but interested in buying some soon after it hits the market.

And what is the deal with the conversion to BTCD to KMD?   I wonder if I should buy some BTCD, although looks like price has been dropping hard lately.

Exchange listings are up to the exchange, however I can say it will be after wallet release and KMD distribution.

If you would like to get in KMD,  BTCD is the way to go as of this time,   anything under .00651 is a bargain.

Ok thank you for the response and I read a few pages back and looks like BTCD is a better deal right now than the ICO was, so I don't have to feel bad about missing that now.  It's weird luck, but I'll take it.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
so when is the wallet release date
About when do you think we will start to see KMD being traded on major exchanges like Poloniex?  I missed the presale, but interested in buying some soon after it hits the market.

And what is the deal with the conversion to BTCD to KMD?   I wonder if I should buy some BTCD, although looks like price has been dropping hard lately.

Exchange listings are up to the exchange, however I can say it will be after wallet release and KMD distribution.

If you would like to get in KMD,  BTCD is the way to go as of this time,   anything under .00651 is a bargain.
Will we be able to trade our KMD bought on ICO on january? Delay on development may harm price when KMD get indexed in exchange platform. I am eagerly waiting to trade my KMD.

My opinion on this is , as long as it does not hit on exchanges , the price of KMD remains @ 0.00012909 btc. Considering the rising value of bitcoin, we should be glad 😁

Why not 0.00012908? Is it too low for u to not lose ur temper? Would u go all in on an ultimate short if it crosses 0.00012907?
This is what startles me the most.

There are about 30 people working very close to KMD now including PondSea, mr_e, ludom, James, twin and a rest of not so poor gang coming from NXT. Why is BTCD price is sooo low now? Are you guys dumping them on us to have them back in 2-3 weeks? Or maybe you're out of BTC as the rest of fully loaded us? Or you guys have no trust in your own coin? 200 BTC is not a lot? Well, buy them up.

I am not trying to fud here, but it just does not click. I keep buying as much BTCD as I can and the price only goes lower every day. How is that even possible without huge daily dumps? And who in their right mind would dump when switch is so close? I am probably too paranoid, or too frustrated with what is happening on the pre-KMD market. What do you guys think?

EDIT:  BTW, BTCD price is nearing pre-KMD announcement ...

BTCD for whatever reason has always been tied more with fiat than bitcoin. In terms of fiat gains,  BTCD has over tripled in less than a year even BTC gains even at this low level are at least 33%.   Currently there is 63 BTC under ICO value on poloniex and  1.82 BTC worth on bittrex the two biggest exchanges for BTCD trade.   This is down from 150 BTC just a couple weeks ago.    At this time as you are probably aware bitcoin is doing quite a nice rise.   It is not unreasonable to think that some traders will choose to take profits,  especially before the end of this tax season.  

I'm hodling,  and buying like you are,   and I suspect there are many who are.  

Some developers have been hired.   Fadeddreamz and Kolo .    But the majority of the ICO funds raised are for long term  group signed message transactions and tx fees.    BTC tx fees which are minimal now   may not be so in the future.   If you look at it in fiat terms  the cost of tx fees has gone up 1000+%    just due to the nature of Bitcoin's value raising.  If bitcoin continues its trajectory, the next 10 years then it could be a dollar or more per tx fee.   BTC stored now eliminates having to get it later on which could be a big drain on the system.  

I understand your paranoia and distrust,   but please join our Slack channel and you can see for yourself the progress that is being made.   The goal is to release a "granny-proof" product.  Meaning that not only is the UX flawless  but intuitive.    One of the major obstacles to get new users into the crypto space is the technical savvy you need to even do basic functions.   Most of this has been circumvented by users who are interested  to use third-parties.   The recent string of hacks/thefts   shows the danger of users taking this approach.   Iguana and EasyDEX aim at being a solution to this problem  by being an easy way people can hold and trade their coins without a third party all with a simple double click install across all OS's.   This is an ambitious endeavor  but the hard part is done.

Usable products are not far off, the culmination of over 2 years of daily coding  that lays the foundation for entrepreneurs, developers and users to have easy access to blockchain technology.

Activity: 466
Imagine a world without banks.......
This whole Komodo thing is Lisk surrogate. Both Komodo and Lisk aint worth being looked at or long/mid term played with unless ETH crashes to unseen levels.

..........this guy
Activity: 466
Imagine a world without banks.......
Altcoins will probably temporarily lose value but they will surely level out. I don't see the rise of Bitcoin as a bad thing for cryptocurrencies. Especially if we are talking about Komodo.
Currencies that are trying to replace Bitcoin will lose value and fade out eventually. Instead we need altcoins that increase Bitcoin's value and secures its own.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Will we be able to trade our KMD bought on ICO on january? Delay on development may harm price when KMD get indexed in exchange platform. I am eagerly waiting to trade my KMD.

My opinion on this is , as long as it does not hit on exchanges , the price of KMD remains @ 0.00012909 btc. Considering the rising value of bitcoin, we should be glad 😁

Why not 0.00012908? Is it too low for u to not lose ur temper? Would u go all in on an ultimate short if it crosses 0.00012907?
This is what startles me the most.

There are about 30 people working very close to KMD now including PondSea, mr_e, ludom, James, twin and a rest of not so poor gang coming from NXT. Why is BTCD price is sooo low now? Are you guys dumping them on us to have them back in 2-3 weeks? Or maybe you're out of BTC as the rest of fully loaded us? Or you guys have no trust in your own coin? 200 BTC is not a lot? Well, buy them up.

I am not trying to fud here, but it just does not click. I keep buying as much BTCD as I can and the price only goes lower every day. How is that even possible without huge daily dumps? And who in their right mind would dump when switch is so close? I am probably too paranoid, or too frustrated with what is happening on the pre-KMD market. What do you guys think?

EDIT:  BTW, BTCD price is nearing pre-KMD announcement ...

The BTCD price drop is no body fault...because all alcoins including eth are suffering the same price drop daily when Bitcoin price rise.
This happen because Bitcoin price is rising, so all alcoins price are dropping when Bitcoin rise.

This is not new, this same trend happen last year and previous years...when Bitcoin price rise, all alcoins price will drop.
I guess it because all exchanges depending on Bitcoin to trade for alcoins & fiat, thus all alcoins price will get effected when Bitcoin rise.

Hopefully Bitcoin price will stop rising early next year, then alcoins price including BTCD price will rise again.
So for now just be patience and just wait till it Bitcoin price cool down...

Activity: 910
I just hope kmd distribution is near .  That in sense we will be able to know what is the value of KMD
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
There is also that ICO address https://blockchain.info/address/35Rwwc9e2Mj7smFXJ1iXF826cMW3tqfz6x
Is it empty already?

EDIT: My bad, some glitch on blockchain.info
Jump to: