Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 747. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
 Smiley ico end´s, so let´s see what the BTCD bring´s on Smiley

https://komodoplatform.com/
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Is it correct that there is a possibility that due to the genesis and anonymity of this system as in zcash that unlimited coins could be produced and no one would know?

If there is a collusion in zcash they they could use that key or information to produce unlimited Komodo coins and again no one would know?

Can this be explained?

Also with the BTC ICO is now over so the next is a full year is continuing ICO of receiving BTCD.

-----------------------------------------------
So i assume as BTCD comes in it is held in one account.

That account will never spend or pass out any BTCD?

In an ideal world all BTCD outstanding should go to that account and as that happens there is a reduced number of coins so volume available and selling pressure on BTCD should reduce and actually be a proxy for Komodo before and after Komodo release. And at the end of the year that account will or should hold every BTCD ever issued. Will BTCD be continued to be mined over this year, so to create more BTCD and thus Komodo?

And there is no way that the BTCD stored as redeemed could ever be double spent into the Komodo redemption and create a circle where BTCD is just moved over and over into the ICO? Especially if the first point above is compromised and unlimited coins get created by collusion?

Sorry for the doom and gloom questions but these are the only ones i have outstanding.
If you read about the lengths just Peter Todd went to for the parameters ceremony, and understand that he and all the others would need to be colluding, you should be able to rest easy.

zcash is working on a way to audit all coins in the aggregate to put such issues to rest, even though i really dont think it is any real issue.

All the swapped BTCD will be held till after the swap period is over. Its disposition at that point will be decided, but whatever happens to it, wont affect KMD in any way. Also the redemption rate will be reduced by 5% APR to compensate for any staking during the next year
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Is it correct that there is a possibility that due to the genesis and anonymity of this system as in zcash that unlimited coins could be produced and no one would know?

If there is a collusion in zcash they they could use that key or information to produce unlimited Komodo coins and again no one would know?

Can this be explained?

Also with the BTC ICO is now over so the next is a full year is continuing ICO of receiving BTCD.

-----------------------------------------------
So i assume as BTCD comes in it is held in one account.

That account will never spend or pass out any BTCD?

In an ideal world all BTCD outstanding should go to that account and as that happens there is a reduced number of coins so volume available and selling pressure on BTCD should reduce and actually be a proxy for Komodo before and after Komodo release. And at the end of the year that account will or should hold every BTCD ever issued. Will BTCD be continued to be mined over this year, so to create more BTCD and thus Komodo?

And there is no way that the BTCD stored as redeemed could ever be double spent into the Komodo redemption and create a circle where BTCD is just moved over and over into the ICO? Especially if the first point above is compromised and unlimited coins get created by collusion?

Sorry for the doom and gloom questions but these are the only ones i have outstanding.
rnr
Activity: 247
Still no information about polo and other exchanges?

Seriously, do you think it´s going more fast if the same questions get repeat on every page here?  Roll Eyes

In every ICO thread the same. Whining about bounties, asking about Polo.
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
Still no information about polo and other exchanges?
legendary
I have also invested some in komodo as i think komodo have some potential but when i came to know that we need to have own bitcoindark wallet installed in our machine to get KMD, i was surprised. Installed wallet on windows machine but still under 30% of sync in 12 hour. This is really pain in ass situation, can't we just hold those bitcoindark we will get in poloniex wallet? If i do so what i will loss.  Huh Angry

If you invested in komodo via BTC you do not need a bitcoindark wallet.

If you have BTCD, the komodo ICO website will have a way to deposit your BTCD for the snap shot.
But here in faq section https://komodoplatform.com/faq/
They are asking to use BTCD address whose private key is with you because they are also talking about giving revenue assets along with komodo. I have invested with bitcoin but now getting confused about all this steps. I have thought of using btcd addresss from poloniex but with it i can't get that revenue assets along with kmd.
We urge you to hold your BTCD’s in a wallet under your full control, meaning that you have the privatekey. The snapshot will happen ~1 week after the ICO ends.

Please dont be confused.
The ICO phase was for BTC investors and BTCD peoples didnt have to do anything.
The next phase is for BTCD peoples, BTC investors dont need to do anything.

When the BTCD is into the ICO site, then we can do the elections and distribute the KMD.

We are now waiting for the ICO site to accept BTCD. If you invested with BTC, nothing you need to do.

legendary
I went through the Komodo white paper, the concept looks good, and notory concept is ok as per dPoS, however the central question is really how BTC will allow you to send your transaction to their blockchain? Certainly they can't allow this, otherwise X coin, Y coin all can do the same, which will mess up BTC chain. Without it, the Komodo will be nothing new, it will be a plain PoW or PoS coin.

Maybe dev can provide some more details how you can get to Bitcoin's blockchain?
I have spent a lot of time to use totally standard transactions:

https://blockchain.info/address/1P3rU1Nk1pmc2BiWC8dEy9bZa1ZbMp5jfg

If these are made illegal, a large number of other transactions will become illegal and I really doubt dPoW represents any danger to BTC, in fact it leverages BTC and helps BTC.

Thanks for the reply. While you can make transactions conforming BTC's protocol, if they keep accepting these, the already huge BTC blockchain will become even bigger, I can't imagine how they could allow that (remember Komodo will not be the only one). It's a great concept to use it, but at some point they will have to stop it, unless you will convince them to make it like Ethereum, with sidechains etc trying to cover the whole world. In that case, maybe yes, but they'll have to change big their structure.

Hi!

Actually very likely Komodo will be the only one to do notarizations to Bitcoin blockchain! Other blockchains will send the transactions to Komodo's blockchain, and through the linkage they will get Bitcoin level security.

On our roadmap we are also looking to solve the scalability issues. We mention that in our latest Steemit article: Bitcoin Will Ride With Lizards

I can understand that's the wish of Komodo and I do wish it become true. However, if Komodo has early success on it, there will be people cloning the idea and also hook up on the bitcoin blockchain, which will certain disturb the normal function of BTC, and BTC community won't be agreeing on it I am sure...
I see some flaws in your logic...

First off, if others can use KMD chain and get similar benefits, then it seems much more economical to use the KMD chain instead of BTC. It is rather expensive to write to BTC chain.

Most important mistake you are making is thinking that the BTC community needs to agree to accept transactions. Remember bitcoin is permissionless, nobody needs anybody else's permission to send a transaction to the blockchain.

Granted, they could break bitcoin so it is unable to accept transactions at all, then certainly the KMD transactions wont get to the BTC chain as BTC wont exist anymore.

You logic is basically concluding that KMD will force BTC to kill itself.
I disagree
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I have also invested some in komodo as i think komodo have some potential but when i came to know that we need to have own bitcoindark wallet installed in our machine to get KMD, i was surprised. Installed wallet on windows machine but still under 30% of sync in 12 hour. This is really pain in ass situation, can't we just hold those bitcoindark we will get in poloniex wallet? If i do so what i will loss.  Huh Angry

If you have BTCD, the komodo ICO website will have a way to deposit your BTCD for the snap shot.
But here in faq section https://komodoplatform.com/faq/
They are asking to use BTCD address whose private key is with you because they are also talking about giving revenue assets along with komodo. I have invested with bitcoin but now getting confused about all this steps. I have thought of using btcd addresss from poloniex but with it i can't get that revenue assets along with kmd.
We urge you to hold your BTCD’s in a wallet under your full control, meaning that you have the privatekey. The snapshot will happen ~1 week after the ICO ends.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
when will there be a desktop wallet?

We try to get everything ready for the launch, which is 2 weeks from now. There are two different wallet projects. Read our newsletter for updates!

CAn i purchase BitcoinDark after the ICO & still recieve Komodo at the specified rate?

WHat is the deadline for the swap?

you can do and right now buying btcd at 0.0042 is better than what you get at the 35% bonus Wink

i also want to know when the swap is done need to get my btcd on my wallet then

I need to know also. I want to trade my BTCD for KMD.

The swap from BTCD to Komodo will be available for 1 year after the ICO has finished.
Details TBA

If you wish to claim REVS asset,  have your BTCD in your personal wallet  before end of ICO.  Snapshot will be conducted after ICO has concluded approximately 1-2 weeks.
Further details will be announced after ICO.

That sucks. I have my coins on poloniex. It's so annoying to move them around like that. Can't poloniex give us REVS? Is it too late for me to move my coins or can I still get REVS if I move them?

We are trying to make it so, that you could send the BTCD to the ICO site, participate in snapshot and do the swap for KMD. Because of this effort we haven't announced any snapshot date yet. It's a work in progress.

ico end, very successful one, nice job.

Thank you!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003
I went through the Komodo white paper, the concept looks good, and notory concept is ok as per dPoS, however the central question is really how BTC will allow you to send your transaction to their blockchain? Certainly they can't allow this, otherwise X coin, Y coin all can do the same, which will mess up BTC chain. Without it, the Komodo will be nothing new, it will be a plain PoW or PoS coin.

Maybe dev can provide some more details how you can get to Bitcoin's blockchain?
I have spent a lot of time to use totally standard transactions:

https://blockchain.info/address/1P3rU1Nk1pmc2BiWC8dEy9bZa1ZbMp5jfg

If these are made illegal, a large number of other transactions will become illegal and I really doubt dPoW represents any danger to BTC, in fact it leverages BTC and helps BTC.

Thanks for the reply. While you can make transactions conforming BTC's protocol, if they keep accepting these, the already huge BTC blockchain will become even bigger, I can't imagine how they could allow that (remember Komodo will not be the only one). It's a great concept to use it, but at some point they will have to stop it, unless you will convince them to make it like Ethereum, with sidechains etc trying to cover the whole world. In that case, maybe yes, but they'll have to change big their structure.

Hi!

Actually very likely Komodo will be the only one to do notarizations to Bitcoin blockchain! Other blockchains will send the transactions to Komodo's blockchain, and through the linkage they will get Bitcoin level security.

On our roadmap we are also looking to solve the scalability issues. We mention that in our latest Steemit article: Bitcoin Will Ride With Lizards

I can understand that's the wish of Komodo and I do wish it become true. However, if Komodo has early success on it, there will be people cloning the idea and also hook up on the bitcoin blockchain, which will certain disturb the normal function of BTC, and BTC community won't be agreeing on it I am sure...
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

Focus is to get the network up and running. Once that is done desktop wallets will be the next step.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
legendary
KMD will be a rare gem of investment. Lucky for those who got into it now. By the time the ZCASH pump starts early next year, KMD will be ready with all the bells and whistles. Guess what will investors buy 1 ZEC at 100 dollars or 1 KMD at 1 dollar?

Singing a new tune now eh  Roll Eyes
rnr
Activity: 247
Do you realize that you get something for free? 

You still can move them. Snapshot date isn´t announced yet.

CAn i purchase BitcoinDark after the ICO & still recieve Komodo at the specified rate?

you can do and right now buying btcd at 0.0042 is better than what you get at the 35% bonus Wink

The swap from BTCD to Komodo will be available for 1 year after the ICO has finished.
Details TBA

If you wish to claim REVS asset,  have your BTCD in your personal wallet  before end of ICO.  Snapshot will be conducted after ICO has concluded approximately 1-2 weeks.

That sucks. I have my coins on poloniex. It's so annoying to move them around like that. Can't poloniex give us REVS? Is it too late for me to move my coins or can I still get REVS if I move them?
Activity: 331
ico end, very successful one, nice job.
Activity: 476

Details TBA

Activity: 545
Merit: 500
KMD will be a rare gem of investment. Lucky for those who got into it now. By the time the ZCASH pump starts early next year, KMD will be ready with all the bells and whistles. Guess what will investors buy 1 ZEC at 100 dollars or 1 KMD at 1 dollar?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003
Jump to: