Author

Topic: [ANN][LEAF] LEAFCOIN - Android wallet launched - page 192. (Read 352596 times)

mcg
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
yes i can implement kimoto but i first must know the pro and cons.

and yes, it will have an impact on the foundation if i must do it this weekend.

ps. expected impact: 2 days ( shot in dark )
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
I will ask once more

24 satoshi..... good buy?
Activity: 126
Evolution is happening right before our eyes. The developers will surely learn that gravity well is a key ingredient in a coin. Arms race, history in the making. Grab your popcorn!
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
RISE Project Manager
Can the dev add kimoto?

How long would it take and how badly would it disrupt the coins progress?
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
You are singling out one type of customer to your service, as i said i do not at all like the multipools. But once you hinder supply of something then its not the same market anymore. The multipools are abiding by the rules of the coin itself, they are doing a job and getting payed. Its the coin and its reward structure and rules that are at fault. If everyone collectively withdrew their buy orders, then there would be no demand, supply would go down. This is self adjusting, its the beauty and the beast of a free market.

I don't think it wouldn't hinder the supply though, as the coins would still go into the market, just not via a route that trades in a way to destroy it.    The multipools simply jump on a coin that is most profitable, waits until difficulty rises and auto dumps throughout the process.   They are manipulating the market by using the time lag on difficulty changes to artificially skew the market.

Gravity well is now almost a compulsory part of a coin imho to at least try and protect against the multipools taking advanatge of difficulty time lag.
So we are promoting the exchanges to police, judge, jury and correctional institutions now?
Exchanges list coins in good faith, its is the communities, miners and traders that decide on how this will go. Any coin with good community, good development and sound concepts can archive success.

Say i have my money in a bank, the bank director doesn't like me or the way i do business. Does he then have any claim to take my money? As long as the rules are followed exchanges can't do anything.
I personally agree that multipools are frustrating, counterproductive and a cancer on the crypto community but you are barking up the wrong tree sorry!

Lets not pretend that because cryptocurrency has no "laws", that we can also set aside morality too.  As you, and many others would agree, these multipools are having nothing but a negative effect on any pottential coins growth.  Whether they kill it alltogether (which has happened to others) or just stunt it, its a negative effect.

A bank can refuse to accept a customers business, a bar can refuse to serve, everyone has the right to refuse service, even exchanges.

Individual miners or mining pools have zero power what so ever to stop this.  Developers could choose to implement gravity wells/quick difficulty retargetting, but ultimately the process of a huge pool vastly skewing the figures and then dumping in the market is counterproductive to the entire microeconomy of an individual coin.  The fact they play whack a mole with the whole range makes it even harder for any coin to become successful in its own right.  Thats why they all blend into one great big cloud of coins affectionatley termed "shitcoins" by many.

The only block between these multipools and them cashing out their gains, leaving a trail of high difficulty and low values, is the exchanges.   If an exchange took a stand and declared it would take any and all necessary actions to prevent multipools from trading there, many miners would go to it as an exchange of choice becasue they would feel somehow protected against the dumps.

As you say it is in the power of the community rid themselves of these multipools, but there is only so much that a single miner can do.

If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got.   If you dont do it, you will never know what would have happened if you did do it.   Its fairly simple to post a warning that any deposist from multipools will be held, and returned if confirmed that they came from a multipool.  A simple warning may be enough to disuade them, but unless somebody tries, we will never know.

So exchanges are police then?
If anyone sets artificial boundaries then its not a free market anymore, and once we cross that line....

Don't get me wrong, i think multipools are the scum of the earth, but there are measures coin developers can take. Gravity well.
I'm sure coinmarket would abide if the whole damn community decided that multipools should die, i would gladly put my vote for shutting them down.

I understand where you are coming from, but your examples are a bit off. An exchange saying no to mulitpools is not "police activity". IMO mulitpools are manipulating the free market you speak of. And last; the back director cannot steal your money of course, but if the money are obtained in an way labeled unethical by the director he is free to say no to your money.

Again, I totally get where you are coming from, but using examples like this often backfires Tongue

You are singling out one type of customer to your service, as i said i do not at all like the multipools. But once you hinder supply of something then its not the same market anymore. The multipools are abiding by the rules of the coin itself, they are doing a job and getting payed. Its the coin and its reward structure and rules that are at fault. If everyone collectively withdrew their buy orders, then there would be no demand, supply would go down. This is self adjusting, its the beauty and the beast of a free market.

If anyone sets artificial boundaries then its not a free market anymore, and once we cross that line....

Don't get me wrong, i think multipools are the scum of the earth, but there are measures coin developers can take. Gravity well.
I'm sure coinmarket would abide if the whole damn community decided that multipools should die, i would gladly put my vote for shutting them down.

Why not?  Regular stocks and shares are part of a free market economy, but there are still rules.   Trying to implement rules in the world of crypto is a bit like firing a bb gun at a train, but some sort of morality wouldn't go a miss.

At least its worth a try to implemenmt some method of controlling an aspect of the market that has nothing but negative impacts.  Would the world of ALT be better without multipools - probably.  So why dont the people with the immediate power to try something (the exchanges) give it a shot.  Whats the worst that could happen?  The idea fails?  Well, at least we tried...
Activity: 224
So we are promoting the exchanges to police, judge, jury and correctional institutions now?
Exchanges list coins in good faith, its is the communities, miners and traders that decide on how this will go. Any coin with good community, good development and sound concepts can archive success.

Say i have my money in a bank, the bank director doesn't like me or the way i do business. Does he then have any claim to take my money? As long as the rules are followed exchanges can't do anything.
I personally agree that multipools are frustrating, counterproductive and a cancer on the crypto community but you are barking up the wrong tree sorry!

Lets not pretend that because cryptocurrency has no "laws", that we can also set aside morality too.  As you, and many others would agree, these multipools are having nothing but a negative effect on any pottential coins growth.  Whether they kill it alltogether (which has happened to others) or just stunt it, its a negative effect.

A bank can refuse to accept a customers business, a bar can refuse to serve, everyone has the right to refuse service, even exchanges.

Individual miners or mining pools have zero power what so ever to stop this.  Developers could choose to implement gravity wells/quick difficulty retargetting, but ultimately the process of a huge pool vastly skewing the figures and then dumping in the market is counterproductive to the entire microeconomy of an individual coin.  The fact they play whack a mole with the whole range makes it even harder for any coin to become successful in its own right.  Thats why they all blend into one great big cloud of coins affectionatley termed "shitcoins" by many.

The only block between these multipools and them cashing out their gains, leaving a trail of high difficulty and low values, is the exchanges.   If an exchange took a stand and declared it would take any and all necessary actions to prevent multipools from trading there, many miners would go to it as an exchange of choice becasue they would feel somehow protected against the dumps.

As you say it is in the power of the community rid themselves of these multipools, but there is only so much that a single miner can do.

If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got.   If you dont do it, you will never know what would have happened if you did do it.   Its fairly simple to post a warning that any deposist from multipools will be held, and returned if confirmed that they came from a multipool.  A simple warning may be enough to disuade them, but unless somebody tries, we will never know.

I understand where you are coming from, but your examples are a bit off. An exchange saying no to mulitpools is not "police activity". IMO mulitpools are manipulating the free market you speak of. And last; the back director cannot steal your money of course, but if the money are obtained in an way labeled unethical by the director he is free to say no to your money.

Again, I totally get where you are coming from, but using examples like this often backfires Tongue

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

Then they could change the laws at the exchange!
"If you are auto-depositing from a multipool and selling your account will get locked for 24 hours, then 48 hours and the third time it gets locked and all the coins you had in your account belongs to us! This doesn't affect regular daytraders in a negative way"

Coinmarket has no API, theres no autosell. And blocking out a lot of selling pressure does what? Artificially manipulating the market?
Get it into your brains, FREE market, no rules. Thats how the game works.
Ah, you're one of those who is undercutting the price all the time!

Nope, not touching this coin with a single mh/s or trade.
But this is supply and demand, free market.
Exchanges are not police, they can't take anyones coins or manipulate the market. Then its not an exchange anymore.

Not touching this coin???

Well it was payed off well for me.

And still holding...

mcg
Activity: 196
my faucet stopped working, tried several web hosts and still says it cannot connect. the wallet works fine, i wonder what the problem is, considering other faucet owners experienced problems lately.

virtualdn can you zip your debug.log and pm me with download location?

thanks

"If you are auto-depositing from a multipool and selling your account will get locked for 24 hours, then 48 hours and the third time it gets locked and all the coins you had in your account belongs to us! This doesn't affect regular daytraders in a negative way"

Coinmarket has no API, theres no autosell. And blocking out a lot of selling pressure does what? Artificially manipulating the market?

Nope, not touching this coin with a single mh/s or trade.
But this is supply and demand, free market.
Exchanges are not police, they can't take anyones coins or manipulate the market. Then its not an exchange anymore.
Activity: 112

Activity: 168
Or why not make a coin thats multipool resistant? Like CASH for example, Im sure there's others as well
Activity: 112

Activity: 182
Can we contact coinedup and ask them to deny usage api for leafs?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
my faucet stopped working, tried several web hosts and still says it cannot connect. the wallet works fine, i wonder what the problem is, considering other faucet owners experienced problems lately.

Jump to: