Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 21. (Read 118848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Hello Burnside

Hopefully this information is helpful.

Something I've noticed is that most of the rejected shares I receive on your pool are not stales as everyone seems to be claiming. They may be listed as round stales under My Stats; but they are not. I have 4 rigs and I run both cgminer and bfgminer. When running on your pool all four rigs are seeing an increased unknown work rejection. I have tried running theses rigs on several different pools and never see this error. On your pool my unknown work rejects have hit as high as 25 percent in a round.

I don't claim to be knowlegable of any of these systems and software; but, I am a capable troubleshooter in my day job. As a trouble shooter I try to break problems down into sections to solve them. The fact that my rigs work else where eliminates one of the sections and puts the problem at your end.

Dividing your end into two sections to start:

1- Your server is sending my rigs work that is not legitamate work. My miner solves and sends the work back and it is rejected as unknown work as it should be. It shows up as a stale under My Stats and is rejected.

or

2- The work your server sends is legitimate work. My end solves correctly and sends in the work. Your server rejects this legitimate work. Maybe its the DDos filters. Maybe some other error. It shows up as a stale under My Stats and is rejected.

I hope the above information somehow points you in the right direction. If it was legitimate stales it wouldn't be much of an issue. I'm running on a  Stratum pool right now and get some stales there too. Spending time working on Stratum when the problem may lay elsewhere will gain very little for the time being. I'm looking forward to this problem being solved. I like the excellent work you've put into your pool.

Thank you for that, it got me thinking about the block boundary issues we've seen in the past and I realized that the litecoind process that is supposed to send a HUP to pushpool might only be reading the PID file at startup.

I restarted litecoind, which caused it to re-read the PID file, and the stales have dropped significantly now.  I thought it would just pick up changes to the PID file as they occur.  So now I know that anytime pushpoold is restarted... I have to also restart litecoind.  At least until I can alter the custom patch to re-read it on each block boundary.

We still have other issues.  Now that I've found this one I need to set the difficulty back where it was.  I'd changed the difficulty thinking it'd help matters, but I think in reality it made them a percent or two worse than they were before.

The other thing I can do is I can change the values around for how long work is considered current.  Right now you only get two minutes from the time you get the work to when you submit it.  If I make that 3-5 minutes then some of the cpu miners will probably see lower stales.

Cheers.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Yeah, I switched about 3 months ago.  I know burnside works really hard to keep the place running, but he needs to implement stratum and vardiff at this point because he can't compete with the larger pools. Sad  It will be more beneficial to him in the end to use stratum anyhow, more miners, more blocks, more fees for him (if he had vardiff and stratum at 1.5% fees PPLNS I'd be back in an instant).

I'd love to get stratum going.  I was playing with the stratum-mining-proxy, got it all installed and running, did the ./mining-proxy.py --help and realized that it's for connecting getwork (old skool) miners to a stratum pool.  Cripes.  I need an scrypt version of stratum-mining.  Wink

Anyone aware of any LTC mining pool software that can do stratum?

I don't know if this helps but Coinotron uses stratum on his LTC pool.  Ask them maybe?
Activity: 131
Hello Burnside

Hopefully this information is helpful.

Something I've noticed is that most of the rejected shares I receive on your pool are not stales as everyone seems to be claiming. They may be listed as round stales under My Stats; but they are not. I have 4 rigs and I run both cgminer and bfgminer. When running on your pool all four rigs are seeing an increased unknown work rejection. I have tried running theses rigs on several different pools and never see this error. On your pool my unknown work rejects have hit as high as 25 percent in a round.

I don't claim to be knowlegable of any of these systems and software; but, I am a capable troubleshooter in my day job. As a trouble shooter I try to break problems down into sections to solve them. The fact that my rigs work else where eliminates one of the sections and puts the problem at your end.

Dividing your end into two sections to start:

1- Your server is sending my rigs work that is not legitamate work. My miner solves and sends the work back and it is rejected as unknown work as it should be. It shows up as a stale under My Stats and is rejected.

or

2- The work your server sends is legitimate work. My end solves correctly and sends in the work. Your server rejects this legitimate work. Maybe its the DDos filters. Maybe some other error. It shows up as a stale under My Stats and is rejected.

I hope the above information somehow points you in the right direction. If it was legitimate stales it wouldn't be much of an issue. I'm running on a  Stratum pool right now and get some stales there too. Spending time working on Stratum when the problem may lay elsewhere will gain very little for the time being. I'm looking forward to this problem being solved. I like the excellent work you've put into your pool.
legendary

Is not what you think it is.

It's for legacy mining software to be able to connect to a stratum pool.   Wink
legendary
Yeah, I switched about 3 months ago.  I know burnside works really hard to keep the place running, but he needs to implement stratum and vardiff at this point because he can't compete with the larger pools. Sad  It will be more beneficial to him in the end to use stratum anyhow, more miners, more blocks, more fees for him (if he had vardiff and stratum at 1.5% fees PPLNS I'd be back in an instant).

I'd love to get stratum going.  I was playing with the stratum-mining-proxy, got it all installed and running, did the ./mining-proxy.py --help and realized that it's for connecting getwork (old skool) miners to a stratum pool.  Cripes.  I need an scrypt version of stratum-mining.  Wink

Anyone aware of any LTC mining pool software that can do stratum?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I'm sorry but I had to move to litecoinpool.org until you can figure out what is wrong. Sad I don't like switching teams in the middle of the game but the 40% average stale rate is killing me. I get <1% there.

Just did the same.  So far I'm getting maybe 3-4% stales on my well-connected workers, and 6-10% on my bad-internet ones.

Sure beats 40%.

I'd come back if the situation changes.
legendary
I'm sorry but I had to move to litecoinpool.org until you can figure out what is wrong. Sad I don't like switching teams in the middle of the game but the 40% average stale rate is killing me. I get <1% there.

Come to ltcmine.ru and get 0.27% stales, that's what I'm getting right now.  Grin
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
So, I just installed a Radeon HD 6950 into my main machine. Its core clock is 800MHz, and the memory clock is 1200MHz. So, I believe this card should theoretically do quite well mining (at least 200kh/s). I managed to get my Reaper set up for my laptop, and even though I'm pretty familiar with the program, it hard boots everytime I launch reaper. I can't even get reaper to start and keep my computer on, so now I'm using CGMiner, and instead of hardbooting, I'm getting 100% stales. I have the latest AMD Catalyst drivers.

seems like you are running it with sha256 instead of scrypt ? That could'nt work with LTC

How can I change it? I'm using CGMiner's latest build, and there is a scrypt kernel in the folder.
are you using a batch file or just manually entering info every time you click on cgminer.exe?
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Pool efficiency has dropped to about 60%.

Yeah, the change didn't help things at all.  Looking into other options.

Cheers.

I'm around for the rest of the afternoon if you need anyone to test stuff. just got off work. Increased my hash to 1.15-1.5 depending on the activity on the miners. I'm excited about that but I feel like 30-45% stales is not good. Is everyone getting as many stales?

Someone up above posted that if we are all staling out we are not losing rewards. That would be true if we werent finding less blocks. The difficulty is slated to hit 65+ in a couple days... that is going to be nuts.
legendary
So, I just installed a Radeon HD 6950 into my main machine. Its core clock is 800MHz, and the memory clock is 1200MHz. So, I believe this card should theoretically do quite well mining (at least 200kh/s). I managed to get my Reaper set up for my laptop, and even though I'm pretty familiar with the program, it hard boots everytime I launch reaper. I can't even get reaper to start and keep my computer on, so now I'm using CGMiner, and instead of hardbooting, I'm getting 100% stales. I have the latest AMD Catalyst drivers.

seems like you are running it with sha256 instead of scrypt ? That could'nt work with LTC

How can I change it? I'm using CGMiner's latest build, and there is a scrypt kernel in the folder.

cgminer --scrypt
legendary

Yeah, the change didn't help things at all.  Looking into other options.

Cheers.
Activity: 185
Activity: 67

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Here is my cgminer.conf
Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://ltc.kattare.com:9332",
"user" : "*********",
"pass" : "*********"
}
]
"intensity" : "1",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "64",
"kernel" : "phatk",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "64",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
What I've noticed is when I turned the workload up to 128 or 256, it hardboots upon initialization. By lowering the workload down to 64, I was able to at least get a hashrate and no hardboot, however the stale rate is incredibly high, usually 80+% if not 100%.

I'm trying to play with some variables, but I've no clue which ones do what. Also, is there a way to input commands to the CGMiner console?
Any have any idea what I might be doing wrong, or maybe a thread that could point me in the right direction?

Mine are stock core and under clocked memory as well as under volted. Intensity 17, worksize 256 -g 1 -E 1
I get consistent 391+ Kh/s per card.
Not sure what the issue is for you. The stale rate is high ATM but Burnside's on it.

I can't set my worksize to 256, it hardboots on me as soon as I do it. Mind posting your configs?
You installed a 6950 in a laptop, or are we talking about two separate machines here?

Either way, those new stales are normal, if your miner was working on old blockchain data, and thus every share submitted was stale (noticed how it stopped when a new block was discovered on the network). You just didn't give it enough time, or you're not using scrypt. Thats 100% stales, but only over a few minutes - next time let litecoin wallet update your blockchain prior to mining. Please make sure youre using --scrypt (as it appears to be btc hashes youre solving) Also, most of all your conf settings are way off. Please review https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poor-radeon-hd6950-litecoin-mining-performance-need-help-solved-131083 or other such topics. Your concurrency, lookup gap,etc are all invalid values.
Activity: 302
Merit: 252

Worker Name   Active   Hashrate (kH/s)   Round Shares   Round Stales   Stale Percent
w.1                     Y            553.25                  79                    28              26.17%
w.2                     Y            269.35                  40                     22                 35.48%
w.3                    Y            269.35                  34                  18                 34.62%
w.4                    Y            349.42                  55                     14                  20.29%

Also, my buddy started mining for me with a 6870. I have 3 configurations of cgminer set up for him. Lag Miner for when he is gaming or blueraying, Active Miner for surfing and netflix, etc, and Idle Miner for when he is sleeping/working. Active Miner works at 11 aggression, lag at 7 and idle at 18.

Idle and Active are overheating his card past 100C so he isn't able to keep mining for me. what am I missing?
Activity: 67
Here is my cgminer.conf
Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://ltc.kattare.com:9332",
"user" : "*********",
"pass" : "*********"
}
]
"intensity" : "1",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "64",
"kernel" : "phatk",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "64",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
What I've noticed is when I turned the workload up to 128 or 256, it hardboots upon initialization. By lowering the workload down to 64, I was able to at least get a hashrate and no hardboot, however the stale rate is incredibly high, usually 80+% if not 100%.

I'm trying to play with some variables, but I've no clue which ones do what. Also, is there a way to input commands to the CGMiner console?
Any have any idea what I might be doing wrong, or maybe a thread that could point me in the right direction?

Mine are stock core and under clocked memory as well as under volted. Intensity 17, worksize 256 -g 1 -E 1
I get consistent 391+ Kh/s per card.
Not sure what the issue is for you. The stale rate is high ATM but Burnside's on it.

First of all, up your intensity to at least 10...and go up from there.  Then I think thread concurrency is 4-5 * #shader processors.  6950 has around 1408 depending on model, so you are looking at 5632 or 7040.

Here is a nice guide.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/consolidated-litecoin-mining-guide-for-5xxx-6xxx-and-7xxx-gpus-117221

I used the standard values in that thread, and I'd get a hard boot every time. So, I start adjusting variables on my own accord until I was able to get a stable set of variables. That's why my intensity, thread_concurrency are set so low.
Pages:
Jump to: