Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 22. (Read 118848 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 250
So, I just installed a Radeon HD 6950 into my main machine. Its core clock is 800MHz, and the memory clock is 1200MHz. So, I believe this card should theoretically do quite well mining (at least 200kh/s). I managed to get my Reaper set up for my laptop, and even though I'm pretty familiar with the program, it hard boots everytime I launch reaper. I can't even get reaper to start and keep my computer on, so now I'm using CGMiner, and instead of hardbooting, I'm getting 100% stales. I have the latest AMD Catalyst drivers.

Here is my cgminer.conf
Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://ltc.kattare.com:9332",
"user" : "*********",
"pass" : "*********"
}
]
"intensity" : "1",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "64",
"kernel" : "phatk",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "64",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
What I've noticed is when I turned the workload up to 128 or 256, it hardboots upon initialization. By lowering the workload down to 64, I was able to at least get a hashrate and no hardboot, however the stale rate is incredibly high, usually 80+% if not 100%.

I'm trying to play with some variables, but I've no clue which ones do what. Also, is there a way to input commands to the CGMiner console?
Any have any idea what I might be doing wrong, or maybe a thread that could point me in the right direction?

Mine are stock core and under clocked memory as well as under volted. Intensity 17, worksize 256 -g 1 -E 1
I get consistent 391+ Kh/s per card.
Not sure what the issue is for you. The stale rate is high ATM but Burnside's on it.

First of all, up your intensity to at least 10...and go up from there.  Then I think thread concurrency is 4-5 * #shader processors.  6950 has around 1408 depending on model, so you are looking at 5632 or 7040.

Here is a nice guide.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/consolidated-litecoin-mining-guide-for-5xxx-6xxx-and-7xxx-gpus-117221
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Your thread_concurrency is set to 64;

Code:

Have you tried my guiminer with the default settings in that?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guiminer-scrypt-a-guiminer-fork-for-mining-scrypt-chains-150331
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
So, I just installed a Radeon HD 6950 into my main machine. Its core clock is 800MHz, and the memory clock is 1200MHz. So, I believe this card should theoretically do quite well mining (at least 200kh/s). I managed to get my Reaper set up for my laptop, and even though I'm pretty familiar with the program, it hard boots everytime I launch reaper. I can't even get reaper to start and keep my computer on, so now I'm using CGMiner, and instead of hardbooting, I'm getting 100% stales. I have the latest AMD Catalyst drivers.

Here is my cgminer.conf
Code:
{
{
}
]
}
What I've noticed is when I turned the workload up to 128 or 256, it hardboots upon initialization. By lowering the workload down to 64, I was able to at least get a hashrate and no hardboot, however the stale rate is incredibly high, usually 80+% if not 100%.

I'm trying to play with some variables, but I've no clue which ones do what. Also, is there a way to input commands to the CGMiner console?
Any have any idea what I might be doing wrong, or maybe a thread that could point me in the right direction?

Mine are stock core and under clocked memory as well as under volted. Intensity 17, worksize 256 -g 1 -E 1
Not sure what the issue is for you. The stale rate is high ATM but Burnside's on it.

I can't set my worksize to 256, it hardboots on me as soon as I do it. Mind posting your configs?
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.

Here is my cgminer.conf
Code:
{
{
}
]
}

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Bumped the difficulty up a tad just now.  Apologies in advance to the CPU miners out there.  We're going to try this for a few days, see if it reduces the getwork failures.

Cheers.

Activity: 67

Here is my cgminer.conf
Code:
{
{
}
]
}

Activity: 288
I'm averaging 15-30% stales per day. I am going to have to start looking for a new pool with the difficulty continuing to skyrocket. I can't waste that many shares. Can you implement stratum?

stratum and vardiff or at least  diff=64 for gpu
64 might be unnessecary, notroll.in is using diff 32 and right now at 660Mhash poolspeed it's averaging 20k shares/minute. Stratum stale rate is fairly low aswell, considering how many blocks/hour the network is at right now.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Just a thought, but if everyone is experiencing the same number of stales and invalids and it is pplns, then it stands to reason that you are still getting the same payout if never a single invalid or stale was submitted. Think about it like this:

You submit 1000 total shares with 15% stale or invalid
Someone else submits 500 shares with 15% stale or invalid

Amount given per block is 50

850+425= 1275 total shares

Your cut of the 50 will be 50 * (850/1275) =  33.333
Their's would be 50 * (425/1275) = 16.666

If no invalids or stales were submitted

1000+500 =  1500 shares
Your cut of 50 will be 50 * (1000/1500) = 33.333
Their's would be 50 * (500/1500) = 16.666

Now if this was just PPS, then there would be a problem.

Please let me know if my assumptions are wrong.
it also means the pool finds less block per potential has power. So it means you get less.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I changed to
device 0
device 1
now I have 197kH/s
edit: after a reboot getting 400 kH/s
I'll play around with the OC sometime to see if that helps.
Turn up threads per gpu to 2 and if you don't need to use the PC while mining go with aggression 19.
I'm running 5830s as well. Besides what pwn said, i would suggest turning your concurrency to 8000. i wouldn't go over 18 for intensity though, had my 5830s error out on 19 and 20.
Activity: 462
I changed to
device 0
device 1
now I have 197kH/s
Turn up threads per gpu to 2 and if you don't need to use the PC while mining go with aggression 19.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Just a thought, but if everyone is experiencing the same number of stales and invalids and it is pplns, then it stands to reason that you are still getting the same payout if never a single invalid or stale was submitted. Think about it like this:

You submit 1000 total shares with 15% stale or invalid
Someone else submits 500 shares with 15% stale or invalid

Amount given per block is 50

850+425= 1275 total shares

Your cut of the 50 will be 50 * (850/1275) =  33.333
Their's would be 50 * (425/1275) = 16.666

If no invalids or stales were submitted

1000+500 =  1500 shares
Your cut of 50 will be 50 * (1000/1500) = 33.333
Their's would be 50 * (500/1500) = 16.666

Now if this was just PPS, then there would be a problem.

Please let me know if my assumptions are wrong.
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
I'm averaging 15-30% stales per day. I am going to have to start looking for a new pool with the difficulty continuing to skyrocket. I can't waste that many shares. Can you implement stratum?

stratum and vardiff or at least  diff=64 for gpu
Activity: 95
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I changed to
device 0
device 1
now I have 197kH/s
donator
I have setup reaper. I have 2 5830s. I'm not sure how to configure 2 GPUs for mining. I am getting about 96kH/s. I have the GPUs bridged. Does anyone have an example of the config files for 2 GPUs if there is a difference?

Post your reaper.conf and your litecoin.conf settings and we can help, you should be at 650+khash

litecoin.conf
host ltc.kattare.com
port 9332
user xxx
pass xxx

protocol litecoin

worksize 256
aggression 13
threads_per_gpu 1
sharethreads 18
lookup_gap 2
gpu_thread_concurrency 4096

reaper.conf
kernel reaper.cl
save_binaries yes
enable_graceful_shutdown yes
long_polling yes
platform 0
device 0
mine litecoin
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
As much as I hate complaining, lately the stale rate has been pretty bad :/ I've been okay with 5-8% stales, but recently (over the past few days) it's been 15-20%. I think what would help is implementing stratum protocol and getting rid of long polling since it's very taxing on the server and clients. How difficult would it be to get that done?

For those using reaper miner (doesn't support stratum), there's a stratum proxy you can run on your host to make reaper and stratum work. Here's a link:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1399450
I have setup reaper. I have 2 5830s. I'm not sure how to configure 2 GPUs for mining. I am getting about 96kH/s. I have the GPUs bridged. Does anyone have an example of the config files for 2 GPUs if there is a difference?

Post your reaper.conf and your litecoin.conf settings and we can help, you should be at 650+khash
donator
Do these people chew up a lot of resources sending crap?

90% Or Higher Stales Today
... fix your configs ppl! Wink
Rank   User Name   Stales
1   eventtourist   32,848

Do they get temp ban?

I see him on the top often, hope he sees this soon lol probably just wasting power by now.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
Do these people chew up a lot of resources sending crap?

90% Or Higher Stales Today
... fix your configs ppl! Wink
Rank   User Name   Stales
1   eventtourist   32,848

Do they get temp ban?

Pages:
Jump to: