Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 26. (Read 118848 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I'm having the same issue with my 2 local and 3 offsite mining rigs. :\

Thought they were resetting but it seems like more of an issue perhaps.

Difficulty is about to double it looks like. Sad
Activity: 67
oh, ok, so I just was to unpatient. I am currently GPU-Mining for Bitcoins and when I started, it worked for a day, before I realized, I didn't get credited because of a wrong configuration.

I will switch to gpu-mining for litecoin soon, but I will finish some bitcoins first. Any advice to make cpu-mining more efficent? my cpu works at 100%.
Honestly, unless youre throwing up 5gh/s or more towards btc mining, it's going to be more profitable to mine LTC.

So how does one configure the software for GPU mining? Because my system appears to default on the CPU, and doesn't recognize the NVIDIA card in the machine, yet sees the onboard integrated chip.
I had reaper working, but it wasn't connecting to the server for some reason. I checked, double, and triple checked my configs, I just couldn't get it to work. But it still didn't recognize my NVIDIA card, which the BTC clients do.

Don't mine with Nvidia man, I heard and said this all before ITS NOT WORTH IT TO MINE WITH NVIDIA. lol You're going to be paying 20$ on power for a 4$ return.(Don't quote me on actual values).

Unless you have an ATI/AMD gpu don't mine, save the electricity and buy bitcoins or save up for an AMD gpu. If power is free for you just save your hardware's lifespan by not running it at 100% outside of a game.

It's all I've got. I've been an INTEL/Nvidia guy for life. I'm going to invest in an AMD card, but it's not something I'm doing RIGHT NOW. I'm just trying to learn the software side of mining, then work on obtaining sufficient hardware. Right now, none of the Litecoin programs are working. For some reason they're not connecting to the server. I've had the most success with Reaper, instead of CPUMiner, neither can actually connect to the server though.
Activity: 95
here is a harware comparison chart: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison
here is a calculator: http://ltc.kattare.com/calc.php

you will be able to see from those two if it is worth it to try to mine with your card.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
oh, ok, so I just was to unpatient. I am currently GPU-Mining for Bitcoins and when I started, it worked for a day, before I realized, I didn't get credited because of a wrong configuration.

I will switch to gpu-mining for litecoin soon, but I will finish some bitcoins first. Any advice to make cpu-mining more efficent? my cpu works at 100%.
Honestly, unless youre throwing up 5gh/s or more towards btc mining, it's going to be more profitable to mine LTC.

So how does one configure the software for GPU mining? Because my system appears to default on the CPU, and doesn't recognize the NVIDIA card in the machine, yet sees the onboard integrated chip.
I had reaper working, but it wasn't connecting to the server for some reason. I checked, double, and triple checked my configs, I just couldn't get it to work. But it still didn't recognize my NVIDIA card, which the BTC clients do.

Don't mine with Nvidia man, I heard and said this all before ITS NOT WORTH IT TO MINE WITH NVIDIA. lol You're going to be paying 20$ on power for a 4$ return.(Don't quote me on actual values).

Unless you have an ATI/AMD gpu don't mine, save the electricity and buy bitcoins or save up for an AMD gpu. If power is free for you just save your hardware's lifespan by not running it at 100% outside of a game.
Activity: 67

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Technically that's the most efficient you can get with CPU mining. lol It looks like your at the peak for CPU mining, everyone generally gets that hash rate for using CPU's to mine.
Activity: 714

Activity: 742
I don't know, if I am doing something wrong, I configured it this way, but it doesn't show any acitvity on your site

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/litecoin.png/

I installed the pooler-cpuminer-2.2.3-win32(put the files in my litecoin-directory)

Off-Topic: what's the right syntax for images?
It's connected to the pool, see the longpolls? Youre cpu mining at 6kh against gpu miners with gh/s. It's not going to be pretty.
I don't know, if I am doing something wrong, I configured it this way, but it doesn't show any acitvity on your site

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/litecoin.png/

I installed the pooler-cpuminer-2.2.3-win32(put the files in my litecoin-directory)

Off-Topic: what's the right syntax for images?
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
I like the "earned last 24 hours" metric.  I'll see if I can pull it off.  It may not be possible without significant work because of the way the simplecoin (the software I started the pool with) db tracks the balances.  It doesn't do ANY historic tracking of deposits/withdrawals.  It's just one field alongside your account login and email address.  Deposit comes in, number goes up.  Withdrawal goes out, number goes down.  But no tracking of the actual transactions.

I don't know if this is the best way, but you could have 24 additional fields in the database, one for each hour. Then each hour, update the right one (based on the time) to a new balance. The sum of all 24 would be the total ltc earned in the last 24 hours (+- 1 hour).
I am getting errors when connecting to the mining port.

You probably pissed off our DoS filter.  Please send me your account login and public IP address of your miner and I'll sort it out.

My IP changes with every login. SO do you really need it? I send my current via PM.
 My account name is the same as here.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
A few suggestions, you should add total LTC earned in 24 hours on the ''My Stats'' page and maybe slightly alter the manual payout to a *Select your denominator* style instead of just dumping it all automatically.

Other than that I love this pool, it has all of the stats I need PLUS a few extras I can now monitor.

I like the "earned last 24 hours" metric.  I'll see if I can pull it off.  It may not be possible without significant work because of the way the simplecoin (the software I started the pool with) db tracks the balances.  It doesn't do ANY historic tracking of deposits/withdrawals.  It's just one field alongside your account login and email address.  Deposit comes in, number goes up.  Withdrawal goes out, number goes down.  But no tracking of the actual transactions.

Regarding dumping it all on withdrawal, it's very intentionally setup that way.  I don't want the liability of your money in my wallet.  Wink  The site is much less of a hacking target if there's not many coins stored in it and while I believe that simplecoin is setup fairly securely, it is public software and hackers can look at the code and find holes.  For this reason, I highly recommend setting up the auto-withdrawals.  We may eventually even require auto-withdrawals.

Thank you for the input and thanks for using the pool!

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
I have been since I posted last.. Using reaper for GPU and LiteCoin-qt (minerd) from gui for cpu mining, yields between 12-15 KH/s..

I also tweaked the threads_per_gpu from 1 to 2, yields a higher hash rate - between 22-25KH/s now (using reaper). So getting around 35-40 KH/s now - not bad for a laptop!

Be kind of careful with your laptop regarding heat.  It's one thing if a GPU fan goes out, they're fairly easy to get to and replace.  If your laptop CPU fan goes out, life really sucks.

Cheers.
A few suggestions, you should add total LTC earned in 24 hours on the ''My Stats'' page and maybe slightly alter the manual payout to a *Select your denominator* style instead of just dumping it all automatically.

Other than that I love this pool, it has all of the stats I need PLUS a few extras I can now monitor.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I have been since I posted last.. Using reaper for GPU and LiteCoin-qt (minerd) from gui for cpu mining, yields between 12-15 KH/s..

I also tweaked the threads_per_gpu from 1 to 2, yields a higher hash rate - between 22-25KH/s now (using reaper). So getting around 35-40 KH/s now - not bad for a laptop!
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Just kept experimenting with the settings and the below appear to be working - a paltry 20KH/s seems to be the best the NVidia GPU can cough up consistently..

worksize 256
aggression 14
threads_per_gpu 1
sharethreads 18
lookup_gap 2
gpu_thread_concurrency 4096

I'm getting around 16-18 KH/s using CPU mining, so only slightly better using GPU mining.. May have to switch to CPU mining if the stale count isn't low..
Just trying out ltc mining on my Dell XPS 17 (Intel Core i7 2670QM 6gb 2.20GH with Nvidia GT555m 590MHz/3gb dedicated video ram) with reaper and this is the output which seems strange..

GPU 717.4MH/s, shares: 0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 2106s

Any ideas what could be wrong?

You've set your settings way too high.... There is no way you are getting 717.4MH/s, that is just the speed you are gathering gpu errors. Change your litecoin.conf to lower settings for thread_concurrency, workload, aggression, etc.
Hi all

Newbie LTC pool miner here just looking for some clarification..

Just trying out ltc mining on my Dell XPS 17 (Intel Core i7 2670QM 6gb 2.20GH with Nvidia GT555m 590MHz/3gb dedicated video ram) with reaper and this is the output which seems strange..

Getwork took 7.29 s!   0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 404s
Got LP9.7MH/s, shares: 0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 415s
Getwork took 64.897 s!  |0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 447s
Getwork took 36.535 s!  |0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 519s
Got LP6.4MH/s, shares: 0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 570s
Getwork took 86.79 s!  0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 593s
Getwork took 13.767 s!  |0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 687s
Getwork took 5.428 s!  0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 709s
Got LP7.1MH/s, shares: 0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 754s
Getwork took 9.446 s!
Getwork took 52.07 s!  0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 771s
Got LP8.4MH/s, shares: 0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 1087s
Getwork took 57.574 s!  |0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 1098s
Got LP6.8MH/s, shares: 0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 1202s
Getwork took 36.238 s!  |0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 1225s
Getwork took 6.323 s!  0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 1269s
GPU 717.4MH/s, shares: 0|0, stale 0%, ~0 kH/s, 2106s

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks
reb73

Using your GPU? If so, I don't suggest putting the strain on that Nvidia crap. Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: