Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MANA]Decentraland Tokenized VIrtual Reality with Open Standards - page 21. (Read 78633 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10
Where can I find the most recent news about Decentraland? I'm curious how development is going and what sort of things are in progress. The roadmap is helpful, but only so much Smiley
Activity: 486
Merit: 101
Does anyone have much experience with the newly launched CLI editor for Decentraland? I was about to begin using it. I was wondering if Python3 is compatible or just Python 2.7?

Typically Python 2.7 and Python 3 aren't compatible. In this case, I'm not entirely sure. I suppose that depends on the source code. I have messed around with the CLI editor and honestly, it's pretty neat. You can actually even test before you ever upload the scene (make sure you have IPFS that installed prior to uploading). Let me know if you have any trouble. Hopefully someone has tried with Python 2.7 and can answer your question.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
Does anyone have much experience with the newly launched CLI editor for Decentraland? I was about to begin using it. I was wondering if Python3 is compatible or just Python 2.7?
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
I noticed that you have already sold over 70k parcels of land and have over 3k participants and that you are working on the Iron Age. That's pretty big progress so far. In short, how is the iron age going? When is it due to be released? I think this is the one milestone I'm most excited about.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
Seriously? Because something is down it's automatically considered a scam? And you posting a picture is supposed to be your proof? Yikes.  Roll Eyes I can make a picture too, you know?  Wink

Anyway, I think it's a good time to buy because things will be going up soon I think.

ATTENTION!
DECENTRALAND IS A SCAM 100%!
PROJECT CLOSING IS COMING SOON!

Have you been keeping up with anything at all? Have you noticed that everything has been down for the last month? ETH was at ~$1300 at the beginning of Jan and now it's at ~$950. EVERYTHING IS DOWN. It's the beginning of the year! How does that even remotely indicate that this is a scam?
Activity: 619
Merit: 251
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
I hope we can get some more talented 3d artists on board. I think the better we can make this look, the more interest we're going to bring in.

How do artists get rewarded for their contributions? Someone would have to hire them to work on something?

bounties are banned Wink lol

Banned how? You mean Decentraland isn't running any bounties?

Interesting. Is there any information about incentive for artists to contribute?

Surely 3D artists can heavily invest in the project if they believe in it and this will make them work hard to ensure it is a successful project which will obviously significantly increase their initial investment and make them a solid profit. I think it’s a brilliant concept and the sky is the limit if all goes well. I’m reasonably invested in MANA currently and will buy some land during the next auction.

Yeah, I mean they're selling plots of land for real money. I don't see why someone couldn't also design a digital building/landscape and charge real money for that too.

Yes, it’s a very interesting & exciting project. People can add value to their land by developing and designing some pretty cool things and sell it off for a good profit. As LAND becomes scarce and demand increases, this will also increase LAND prices also just like in real life. This will also increase the value of MANA because people will need to buy more MANA (which is also capped a max supply) to bid higher for scarce LAND.

Also, I’m wondering if it possible for developers/designers to build a game on the LAND that they own say for example Pool Table where people can go to and play each other. Then you could take it to the next level and enable players to play against each other for a wager (MANA to be used as the currency) so people can play for money. Then the owner of the LAND/Pool Table game can charge a small fee to the player to play their game so that they now have an asset that can be making them a nice residual income. This would be pretty bloody cool.

Anyway, anything is possible in Decentraland and the sky is the limit in a 3D virtual world.

Thoughts?

I think you are absolutely right in the fact that the sky is the limit and what a cool idea about playing games and charging small fees. This will add that social interaction concept that people so much desire in online games like VRchat and WoW.There will be so much room to grow and evolve this project. Just like WoW and other games, they can keep evolving and adding functionality that keeps people interested. I'm wondering if they are considering such features as well!
Activity: 644

If you have been paying close attention to the markets, you would quickly realize that MANA coin was on a tear yesterday. While Bitcoin was hitting new heights almost by the hour, MANA coin was one of the few coins being pumped while the majority of altcoins were down.

Interesting and very telling. I am glad you mentioned this.
Activity: 512
What made you decide to use tokens?

I'm still wondering about this.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I hope we can get some more talented 3d artists on board. I think the better we can make this look, the more interest we're going to bring in.

How do artists get rewarded for their contributions? Someone would have to hire them to work on something?

Interesting. Is there any information about incentive for artists to contribute?

Surely 3D artists can heavily invest in the project if they believe in it and this will make them work hard to ensure it is a successful project which will obviously significantly increase their initial investment and make them a solid profit. I think it’s a brilliant concept and the sky is the limit if all goes well. I’m reasonably invested in MANA currently and will buy some land during the next auction.

Yeah, I mean they're selling plots of land for real money. I don't see why someone couldn't also design a digital building/landscape and charge real money for that too.

Yes, it’s a very interesting & exciting project. People can add value to their land by developing and designing some pretty cool things and sell it off for a good profit. As LAND becomes scarce and demand increases, this will also increase LAND prices also just like in real life. This will also increase the value of MANA because people will need to buy more MANA (which is also capped a max supply) to bid higher for scarce LAND.

Also, I’m wondering if it possible for developers/designers to build a game on the LAND that they own say for example Pool Table where people can go to and play each other. Then you could take it to the next level and enable players to play against each other for a wager (MANA to be used as the currency) so people can play for money. Then the owner of the LAND/Pool Table game can charge a small fee to the player to play their game so that they now have an asset that can be making them a nice residual income. This would be pretty bloody cool.

Anyway, anything is possible in Decentraland and the sky is the limit in a 3D virtual world.

Thoughts?
Activity: 97
Really ? somehow its already on some big exchange like bittrex

I am using Binance to buy this

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/decentraland/#markets

Oh, that would be really cool. This project is sounding more interesting after each thing I read.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I'm beginning to follow this project because I find it pretty interesting. I'm glad to see that you guys just released a new CLI editing tool that allows users to create/edit/upload scenes to Decentraland parcels. This is a huge step, congrats! I plan to get started with it later today.

I know many people aren't comfortable with CLI so I am curious if you plan on coming out with a GUI for users?
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
This is a pretty cool idea. What happens to unsold land?

Does anyone know?
Activity: 118
Really ? somehow its already on some big exchange like bittrex
Activity: 80
I hope the price of mana can reach 1$. But we really need some news. I join the telegram but find nothing. What is the next step of dev?
We really need some news about this coin. Is going down.... Any hope to pump soon
Activity: 97
Activity: 392
I noticed that you recently got a new 3D/VR developer. Nice! Will you be hiring more?
Activity: 619
Merit: 251
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

Activity: 512
What made you decide to use tokens?
Pages:
Jump to: