Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 13. (Read 914105 times)

Activity: 414
Merit: 251
When will Maxcoin trade on a more or less normal exchange?
Max Keiser advertises a Maxcoin, but it trades in some kind of basement.

What like a "Boiler room" sort of thing you mean ??
Activity: 1008
Merit: 306
When will Maxcoin trade on a more or less normal exchange?
Max Keiser advertises a Maxcoin, but it trades in some kind of basement.
I remember Maxcoin being a great mine and dump when it first came out - weren't people paying several dollars a coin when it got listed on MXCNOW?
Pretty sure I made over 0.5 BTC in a few days with a couple of cards. I also traded some with a friend for Darkcoin (Dash) which he was mining.
I think the ratio was something like 2:1 in Maxcoins favour although could be wrong on that!?

I'd be amazed if MK got involved with this again. Epitome of scam coin.

Still have 20 in a wallet I held on to waiting for one last pump as it spiraled into oblivion. Doubt it'll ever be worth syncing up for.

Yeah mining profits on max were on the obscene side for a short period .... cool running GPUs too!..... MCXNOW! .. them was the days.
Activity: 397
Merit: 250
I remember Maxcoin being a great mine and dump when it first came out - weren't people paying several dollars a coin when it got listed on MXCNOW?
Pretty sure I made over 0.5 BTC in a few days with a couple of cards. I also traded some with a friend for Darkcoin (Dash) which he was mining.
I think the ratio was something like 2:1 in Maxcoins favour although could be wrong on that!?

I'd be amazed if MK got involved with this again. Epitome of scam coin.

Still have 20 in a wallet I held on to waiting for one last pump as it spiraled into oblivion. Doubt it'll ever be worth syncing up for.
I was watching the market as the first half of that happened I have a very strong feeling most of that volume was someone buying their own coins back to themselves.
lets not forget some of these folk have millions of max and its easy to swing that market with next to nothing.

Anyway I from what I saw the sells and buys got placed in extremely quick succession and were matched by exact values on the trades. Coincidence ? .. OK
You could see it pretty clearly in the trade history while it was still on screen sure it went on long after I stopped watching.

Historically max has only one shape to its market graph but I'm sure there will be a mass hype at some point.
Taking part is up to you, your money.

Well, I must admit, I considered for a microsecond buying back at 500 sats, when I sold at 2-4000 sats.
Definitely would have increased my position with the same BTC value, from 4-8 times the original Maxcoin holding.
So, hypothetical, selling 10k Maxcoins at 4000 could have turned into as much as 80k Maxcoins at 500 sats, definitely a better Maxcoin position.
Crazy to think at how hard that 70k Maxcoin difference is going to take, trying to mine it, now with the 8 Maxcoin reward per block.
500 sats feels like the floor ... and I can completely understand the move ...

My money/BTCs have already bought Maxcoins at 400,000, 300,000, 200,000, 80,000, and 30,000 sats ... so, no more money going in ... I'm still down something stupid like 99% of a tremendous amount of my BTC invested since the beginning, not to mention, never selling my mined Maxcoins for 3 years, until recently as described before.

So, the only time I will make another move, will be to sell the remaining Maxcoins, should anything astronomical happen.  And until then, my attention is elsewhere.
Should nothing really happen, then, those sitting in my wallet will just stay there ...

Right or Wrong I have always played max as declining market mine - sell - re-buy sell re-buy etc.etc ... usually good % all the way down boring and predicable
There are the same number of max above my buy orders now as there were 2 days ago but the book is now stretched longer.

The coins I picked up before the recent "activity" are now sold into it but I see no reason to move my buys up the book, I'd agree 4-500sats is about right  
I'll be patient for the inevitable .. I have a bag on standby Smiley

maxcoin antics seem a bit transparent for me to support the nonsense. That's if I'm right at all.

There are more exciting markets to play .. still....  popcorn at the ready!

Hey Iv'e got an idea ..... make max a POS coin and go twitter crazy
I was watching the market as the first half of that happened I have a very strong feeling most of that volume was someone buying their own coins back to themselves.
lets not forget some of these folk have millions of max and its easy to swing that market with next to nothing.

Anyway I from what I saw the sells and buys got placed in extremely quick succession and were matched by exact values on the trades. Coincidence ? .. OK
You could see it pretty clearly in the trade history while it was still on screen sure it went on long after I stopped watching.

Historically max has only one shape to its market graph but I'm sure there will be a mass hype at some point.
Taking part is up to you, your money.
Ouch coinmarketcap is still quoting Jubi as 98% of trade volume.
1920 vs 506 sats on Yobit

Good MAXCOIN team would make sure this is corrected before coin gets a bad name.

Misinformation = poor public engagement.

Activity: 156
Merit: 10
MaxcoinProject.org

- Please add in your maxcoin.conf:

addnode=node.maxcoinhub.io:8668

I'd imagine when the miners wake up and realise the value potential here they will immediately cease mining maxcoin (pools will switch).
1 min blocks of 8 coin @ 0.00000500's

Unless someone is willing to throw money at artificially boosting max coin price or mine at a loss to keep it ticking over.

There's lots of holders with big bags of cheaply mined max who will dump on the first buy order of any size

My math screams life support, race to the bottom
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
MaxcoinProject.org
Activity: 723
Merit: 501
Maxcoin halved to 8 coins per block this morning.

Unbelievable ...
No news, no hype ... no marketing ... nothing on Maxcoin twitter or Max Keiser's twitter.
No countdown, no urgency ... no nothing.
So much for waiting for the halving in Feb 2018; 6+months ahead of schedule ...

Clearly, somebody is dropping the ball, again.

Oh yeah, here's a thought ... retweeted by maxcoinvigilante ...
"What do you think about creating a few #Maxcoin mining rigs. So we can prevent coin dumping on market"
Welcome to real world on YOBit, open market, versus, closed market on JUBI, which is why the price went up in the first place.
As I've explained.  YOBit is going to introduce an open system, and dumping is encouraged indirectly by the Maxcoin team promoting mining.

Everybody got excited, thinking that the real world was JUBI, but it wasn't.
YOBit is proving that.

"Hey, let's promote mining Maxcoin ... Hey let's promote building a mining farm to prevent miners from dumping ..."

Diversity, inconsistency and stupidity at its best ...

Mining:  $15k in equipment now barely gets you 500 Maxcoins per day (depending on hardware).  Maxcoin at 500 sats is about $0.01 cent once again; therefore, simply $15,000 of equipment costs $150 a month in electricity (at 0.08 cents) and produces $150 a month in Maxcoins (converted to fiat for you non-believers).
Glad to see miners will soon enough see it's not profitable ... or ... you can mine something else, get 5-10 times your return, then, buy Maxcoin with the earnings.
And do you honestly see that happening with miners ...

Keep pushing lads ... you need investors ... and right now, I on't have the confidence in the developers to attract big money investors.

80% of the hashing power on maxcoin is just cheap nicehash rentals they dont even know there mining maxcoin. all they know is there getting paid.
Activity: 723
Merit: 501
Maxcoin halved to 8 coins per block this morning.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
My point is rather that Maxcoin is just a big scam and completely dead in the water.
There is no one to hunt down, no one who takes responsibility.
Wallet software is several years old without a resent update. Wallet software is problematic at best, if you can get it working at all.
I think FlungSpun is spot on.
current value of 100 max ..... buck 20
Huh on how much a 1oz bullion sold for

negative impact value of dismissive forum post? ....

lets all get behind this thing. It's gonna be huge.... right
Is this some kind of sick joke?
I made the mistake of buying a 1oz "cryptobullion" silver coin with 100MAX.
1. Install wallet
2. Try to import the private key -> error, try to figure out what's wrong...
3. Find converter utility
4. Convert key to WIF
5. Import private key
6. getbalance -> Zero...Nada...Nothing.

So, I bought the 1oz silver round and 3 years later no one has bothered to even load the 100MAX onto the address?
And now you're telling me to go to the faucet for free MAX?
I'd be happy to hit the faucet if you started with sending me my missing 100MAX to begin with.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
A few years ago, when maxcoin first came out,  I was unable to get the wallet working. Recently I tried again to get maxcoin working on my Linux Ubuntu system and it won't run (can't make the executable). I am not a expert but I have got 4 or 5 other wallets of various coins to work and it usually takes me 10 to 20 minutes to get a coins wallet working.

I was interested in checking a balance on a paper wallet and could not find a working explorer. The new api work someone posted about looks good for some things but does not appear to have address lookup features.  Also coinpayments block explorer (listed under resources at maxcoin site) does not seem to work - i entered my maxcoin wallet address and it tells me the address is both a syscoin and breakout coin address and does not mention any maxcoin balance info, anyone else notice this or is my address just an anomaly?

Is there any way that I can sell 100MAX that I have on a paper wallet?
I tried installing the windows wallet but it's not updating.
YoBit doesn't seem to have a way to deposit from a paper wallet?
Activity: 938
Merit: 276
with how many coins did you bribe him?
The old scam tactic from 2013 is not going to work anymore
Activity: 154
Big breaking news!

Maxcoin mentioned at FOX Business, watch and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM-F64kGHZU

LOL Steve Baldwin?  That is not someone who I'd want promoting my cryptocurrency.  What successful things have you ever heard him doing?

Best thing he's done is pick up the scraps from his brothers.  Such blind support of Trump too.
Pages:
Jump to: