Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 132. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Hey can anyone help me: When I mine with cgminer and it runs but all it says: "Probing for an alive pool", what does that mean? I have typed in the URL for Rocketpool.

it means your computer is looking for someone to send it some work to do, to send back and that's when you get paid - submitting transaction work.

you can lose a connection to a pool for any number of reasons, eg:

1. your internet connection is down
2. you have the wrong pool settings
3. the pool is down
4. you haven't downloaded the right cgminer - try 1gh.com they have a download for cgminer 3.7.3
5. xyz reason.....

1. Try connecting to an 'Anonymous' pool which means you don't need to register, just enter your wallet address and point your miner at them. This will test any registration problems. Try dwarfpool.com or 1gh.com
2. Join a pool that requires registration.
3. Have your .bat file list a failover - mine on which pool you prefer, but have a failover to another in case your main pool server goes down, etc.
My internet is certainly not down, I have been trying this for an hour or so.
I don't think I have the wrong pool settings, I have used exactly the settings they give you on the site and I have downloaded the cgminer on their site.

But thx anyway, I'll try dwarfpool.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Getting stratum_recv_line failed today. Anyone else?  Any backup Stratum ports besides 17333 to try?

thanks,

ioldk
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Hey can anyone help me: When I mine with cgminer and it runs but all it says: "Probing for an alive pool", what does that mean? I have typed in the URL for Rocketpool.

it means your computer is looking for someone to send it some work to do, to send back and that's when you get paid - submitting transaction work.

you can lose a connection to a pool for any number of reasons, eg:

1. your internet connection is down
2. you have the wrong pool settings
3. the pool is down
4. you haven't downloaded the right cgminer - try 1gh.com they have a download for cgminer 3.7.3
5. xyz reason.....

1. Try connecting to an 'Anonymous' pool which means you don't need to register, just enter your wallet address and point your miner at them. This will test any registration problems. Try dwarfpool.com or 1gh.com
2. Join a pool that requires registration.
3. Have your .bat file list a failover - mine on which pool you prefer, but have a failover to another in case your main pool server goes down, etc.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
What are the ports ?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Rocket pool work very very very 5 x very unstable. Smalltimeminer pool to and dwarfpool to.
Activity: 462

remembered port number/username/password?

max.nut2pools.com
Activity: 53
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
hi everyone,
been trying for a couple days and have a dozen coins stored now...but after looking at cryptsy...the price is falling a lot.....this way in a few days the earnings will be below average....

You tested the wallet in compatibility mod already i guess?

Yes, tried in administrator mode, and all the different compatibility modes, also removed the settings in firewall and applied em again.
Reinstalled Wallet, deleted blockchain directory and the list goes on.
Same issue every time, as soon as i connect to a node, it instacrashes.

max.nut2pools.com
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Thanks, tried that pool, but still 50% discards using https://github.com/reorder/cgminer_keccak. Anything else I can do?

what command do you use in cgminer?

Well, I have a quite complex config file - grown over several months.

What are you getting?
Activity: 10
you can stop mining from now)
coin2x.com will double your maxcoins after 48 hours. try it)

sounds scammy.  like mininguntied.com, anyone remember ?
Activity: 476
Merit: 283

Looks legit brah!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Maybe interesting to read for some mcxnow.com exchange users: http://cryptolife.net/scam-alert-mincoin/

Maxkeiser stay away from this place, they use MAX notoriety to trap users on mcxFEE, Mincoin and SolidCoin. Beware.

Lol
Its an Hazard article...

Interesting but a "lol" is not enough, elaborate. I don't know the Hazard guy, but with what i saw with my own eyes, i trust him.

Funny you have nothing to say about what i posted "they use MAX notoriety to trap users on mcxFEE, Mincoin and SolidCoin".

Anyway they are warned, up to them now.

MCXnow is the best and most robust exchange seen so far. They have really put a lot of efforts it making things work. Highly innovative with the way interest/mcxFEE works!. I only wish they would open the market for DRK as well. And maybe MOL, that would really be a game changer.  Wink

mcxFEE is not a trap. If the exchange continues to grow, and I believe it will, those shares will be gold and they are already producing some dust.

MCXnow is the best and most robust exchange seen so far. They have really put a lot of efforts it making things work. Highly innovative with the way interest/mcxFEE works!. I only wish they would open the market for DRK as well. And maybe MOL, that would really be a game changer.  Wink

mcxFEE is not a trap. If the exchange continues to grow, and I believe it will, those shares will be gold and they are already producing some dust.

I agree the website itself is very good, but unfortunately in the wrong hands.

I agree to you both, I REALLY like mcxnow, but i dont trust it to hold my coins for the long run given who is in charge.
Which brings me back to: GET A WALLET WORKING FOR WIN8 (for those that has problems with the original one) Grin

You tested the wallet in compatibility mod already i guess?
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
The zip of the Mac-client I downloaded from http://www.maxcoin.co.uk is having a problem. There seems to be a security risk. I never get these error before, is it safe to open it?

Translation:
There may be a problem with this disk image. Are you sure you want to open the disk image?
Opening this disk image may make your computer less secure or cause other problems.

Now that just sounds fishy Huh

max.nut2pools.com
Activity: 658
Merit: 252
->> http://maxpool.sytes.net <<-
Need more workers!

• 0% fee
  • Stratum with Variable Difficulty
  • cgminer/cudamier/cpuminer supported
  • Correct HashRates
  • Based on MPOS
  • Proportional payment sytem
Activity: 6
I'm running cgminer from https://github.com/Max-Coin/cgminer unter Linux and get a lot of "stale share detected, discarding". Tried different pools, everywhere the same. Anyone else have this problem?

That miner is really bad with alot of crashing.
Use the one onliner refered to Wink havent had an single crash with that one

max.nut2pools.com

Thanks, tried that pool, but still 50% discards using https://github.com/reorder/cgminer_keccak. Anything else I can do?
50% is a lot!

I used to have up to 20%, but since I started using two threads and reducing intensity and workspace, I have been getting higher hashrate, no HW errors and only very few stales.

I don't like being over 1% Wink

max.nut2pools.com
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
If you're looking for a Pool, check:

https://max.suprnova.cc

We're giving out 5 MAX Bonus for the next 10 Blocks !

We're constantly over 300 MH/s and are finding blocks on a regular basis, you won't have to wait long for your rewards.
0%Fee, 0.001 withdrawal Fees, Stratum, Vardiff etc.
Jump to: