Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 171. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
the new cgminer is bugged? work only 1 gpu to me  Sad
Post bat file. How many gpu cards?

4x 290s, now 0 cards work and 0 WU Huh

Code:
cgminer.exe --keccak -o stratum+tcp://max.smalltimeminer.com:3355 -u xx.1 -p xx -g 1 -w 512 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 27400 -I 19 --gpu-fan 70

Get rid of lookup gap and TC, change intensity to 13

with -I 13 my 290s do 400 mh/s but with this version others do 500-600 Huh
Activity: 67
Merit: 10

Code:
cgminer.exe --keccak -o stratum+tcp://max.smalltimeminer.com:3355 -u xx.1 -p xx -g 1 -w 512 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 27400 -I 19 --gpu-fan 70

Get rid of lookup gap and TC, change intensity to 13

Code:

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
@ onliner -

Thanks for the reply.  That 1 was a typo on my part, d'oh!

Here is the bat file that I'm using, got it from the 1GH site last night:

@rem motd
@echo MAX.1GH.COM
@echo ===========
@echo Please replace our demo address with yours.
@echo Finetune launch config "-l K600x16" to reach the maximum performance.
@echo

:loop

cudaminer -l K600x16 -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333/ -u mywallet -p x

@echo Ooops
goto loop

This just not working
Add "pause" after cudaminer to see the error.

And run!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
@ onliner -

Thanks for the reply.  That 1 was a typo on my part, d'oh!

Here is the bat file that I'm using, got it from the 1GH site last night:

@rem motd
@echo MAX.1GH.COM
@echo ===========
@echo Please replace our demo address with yours.
@echo Finetune launch config "-l K600x16" to reach the maximum performance.
@echo

:loop

cudaminer -l K600x16 -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333/ -u mywallet -p x

@echo Ooops
goto loop

This just not working
Finally threw the towel in and gave up on CPU mining.  5 days & .2027 maxcoins later. 

Switched over to Amazon servers with NVidia Grid K520 cards & can't get the cudaminer to work.

I connect via terminal services and run the cudaminer_start bat file (yes... have put my wallet info in there) it looks like it's trying to run but it gets stuck in a loop.

The following "cudaminer -1 K600x16 -a keccak -o stratum +tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333/ -u -p x   Ooops"

then "goto loop"

then repeats.

Anyone have any idea why?  Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
WTF The following "cudaminer -1 K600x16 -a keccak -o stratum +tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333/ -u -p x   Ooops"??
WTF is "-1"? Should be "-l" ( L )  Grin
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Guys,  WU value is way off compared to normal Scrypt, right?

I'd like to know this, too. My hash rate is 1.17 Gh/s, yet my WU is only 264/M. This can't be right ...

Again, new to SHA-3 mining, but I believe it's indicating shares/minute, and would thus have no easy mathematical correlation to hashrate.  The Scrypt measure for WU might have been coincidentally closer to the hashrate based on how fast it runs compared to SHA-3.

Personally I never understood optimizing for WU.  If hashrate is high, and rejects, stales, and HW errors are all low (zero, ideally), then WU is going to be as good as it can be.  It's got a huge element of luck in it, so optimizing for it makes no sense to me.  There's no "lever" you can adjust to directly affect it.  
Activity: 784
Merit: 503
Bitcoin King BTC
It is rigt dont worry
Activity: 7
Guys,  WU value is way off compared to normal Scrypt, right?

I'd like to know this, too. My hash rate is 1.17 Gh/s, yet my WU is only 264/M. This can't be right ...
Activity: 28
Finally threw the towel in and gave up on CPU mining.  5 days & .2027 maxcoins later. 

Switched over to Amazon servers with NVidia Grid K520 cards & can't get the cudaminer to work.

I connect via terminal services and run the cudaminer_start bat file (yes... have put my wallet info in there) it looks like it's trying to run but it gets stuck in a loop.

The following "cudaminer -1 K600x16 -a keccak -o stratum +tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333/ -u -p x   Ooops"

then "goto loop"

then repeats.

Anyone have any idea why?  Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
I'm new to mining SHA-3, but I've found with the new (3.7.3 build) Cgminer that any of the upper intensity settings (18-20) result in scrypt-like hashrates (3 orders of magnitude low).  I've been sticking with 14 and under, and don't find anything over 11 or so usually to yield any significant gains.  I definitely find I can overclock my cards much higher at the lower intensities than I used to be able to with Scrypt at the higher ones (18-20).  YMMV

where can i download the new cgminer?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5062439
Activity: 154
Guys,  WU value is way off compared to normal Scrypt, right?
Can't get normal speed on one farm with miner from http://max.1gh.com/.
There is 3 gpu there: 290x + 290x + 270x

Here is bat:
cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u WALLET -p x --intensity 19 --gpu-threads 1 --worksize 512,512,256 --thread-concurrency 27400,27400,21568 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 95 --lookup-gap 2
and it showing speed like scrypt (2 Mh). Other 3 farms (with 7970 and 7990) showing normal keccak speeds (~900+ Mh).

Any ideas, bug or feature?

I'm new to mining SHA-3, but I've found with the new (3.7.3 build) Cgminer that any of the upper intensity settings (18-20) result in scrypt-like hashrates (3 orders of magnitude low).  I've been sticking with 14 and under, and don't find anything over 11 or so usually to yield any significant gains.  I definitely find I can overclock my cards much higher at the lower intensities than I used to be able to with Scrypt at the higher ones (18-20).  YMMV

where can i download the new cgminer?
Activity: 112
Anyone know how to get cgminer 3.6.6 to go over 14 intensity for my 7950's?   Mine are only  hashing at half rate 300 mh/s each . Here is my current settings    -I 14 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 21712 --gpu-engine 1025 --gpu-memclock 1575 --gpu-powertune --auto-fan --gpu-fan 80

Thanks!
300MH/s is not half rate, that's going pretty fast, and some of those flags don't do anything, they are scrypt only.

300MH/s is not half rate, that's going pretty fast, and some of those flags don't do anything, they are scrypt only.
maxcoin will be add it tonight in coinmarketcap CoinMarketCap ‏@CoinMKTCap  45m
@maxcoinproject Thanks for the link, will add it tonight. get ready and thanks coinmarketcap!
Great news!

I agree though it will probably attract more miners once they see how profitable it has been recently.

with R290 doing something like 600MHZ

Wait, what?  Please list settings to get 290 to 600Mh/s.  Best I'm able to do is about 450.  

I don't have any 290s only 7970s. I was just guessing from what I read on the forums. I probably should have used a number closer to 500Mhz.
but that being said the software is not optimized yet.. so who knows what we can get eventually.
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
I see a lot of screenshots from cgminer, high hashrates but very low WU value... Can anyone comment on this? I believe the WU value is the one that indicated how effective you are mining right? Someone told me that with Scrypt-coins the WU value should be almost the same as your average hashrate?
Jump to: