Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 52. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
I think there's a option to leave a message in wallet...if you know what I mean. You can leave a message in 0.9.1 wallet that everybody who use it needs to change to 0.9.2 or something like that.
bump
dev is it possible to do this?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006
Mining Pool Hub
Actually checkpoint is not needed for hardfork. Hardfork don't need to be holding 51% major hash.

Not even major hashrate is needed for successful hardfork - what new nodes must do is ignore any node which does not comply to the new ruleset, it is as easy as that. Even
some coins laughed at by most people did it right (see Flappycoin, if node is not at least v3.1 it will end up ignored immidiately, you will never ever see it connect even for a split
second) but instead of just using what worked - which is what they did in the first place by cloning Bitcoin - so called developers opted for some untested techniques and stuff
that realy make no sense.

Unfortunately the wallet version was not updated with the client so we cannot do this until the majority of users has updated to the most recent fix. Once this happens we will ban previous versions.

Instructions for updating to the most recent version can be found at http://maxcoinnews.net/maxcoin-0-9-2-1-release/

I get this from getcheckpoint which is different what the link saying.

{
    "synccheckpoint" : "0000000000057faf782713f21104bffcfc8cc9107df88dea399b06ffe3e0d6c4",
    "height" : 557625,
    "timestamp" : 1408634353,
    "subscribemode" : "enforce"
}

Even after typing -resync.

That's actually fine. I've updated the link. It seems my client was still updating when I wrote the guide.

But the problem is that it is stuck.  Cheesy
I need to sleep. I struggled with it whole day.
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
MaxcoinProject.org
Actually checkpoint is not needed for hardfork. Hardfork don't need to be holding 51% major hash.

Not even major hashrate is needed for successful hardfork - what new nodes must do is ignore any node which does not comply to the new ruleset, it is as easy as that. Even
some coins laughed at by most people did it right (see Flappycoin, if node is not at least v3.1 it will end up ignored immidiately, you will never ever see it connect even for a split
second) but instead of just using what worked - which is what they did in the first place by cloning Bitcoin - so called developers opted for some untested techniques and stuff

Unfortunately the wallet version was not updated with the client so we cannot do this until the majority of users has updated to the most recent fix. Once this happens we will ban previous versions.

Instructions for updating to the most recent version can be found at http://maxcoinnews.net/maxcoin-0-9-2-1-release/

{
    "synccheckpoint" : "0000000000057faf782713f21104bffcfc8cc9107df88dea399b06ffe3e0d6c4",
}

That's actually fine. I've updated the link. It seems my client was still updating when I wrote the guide.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)

Well coins don't determine to disconnect by the version information since it will behave abnormally when connected to malicious peer.
Validating block's reward amount and block hash is already implemented to check peer to peer and it disconnects automatically from the hardfork.

Client version doesn't do anything. You can implement to force disconnect from reading the version info but don't need to do that. It's implemented already on all altcoins.

If node reports old version ignore it else connect to it (or accept connection) and proceed with additional checks (block hash and so on). That is the way only few altcoins work.
legendary
Mining Pool Hub

{
}

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
I think there's a option to leave a message in wallet...if you know what I mean. You can leave a message in 0.9.1 wallet that everybody who use it needs to change to 0.9.2 or something like that.
legendary
Mining Pool Hub

Well coins don't determine to disconnect by the version information since it will behave abnormally when connected to malicious peer.
Validating block's reward amount and block hash is already implemented to check peer to peer and it disconnects automatically from the hardfork.

Client version doesn't do anything. You can implement to force disconnect from reading the version info but don't need to do that. It's implemented already on all altcoins.

Please revert.
It's not fair. Maxcoin is not just toy. It's money. It needs fairness
MaxcoinProject.org
What about changing the thread topic [ANN][MAX] MaxCoin - Alive and Kickin', for [ANN][MAX] MaxCoin - MANDATORY UPDATE 9.2.1 - Sept 6'?. Don't expect peoples to update if you don't push optimal visibility.

Thanks, I have done.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
What about changing the thread topic [ANN][MAX] MaxCoin - Alive and Kickin', for [ANN][MAX] MaxCoin - MANDATORY UPDATE 9.2.1 - Sept 6'?. Don't expect peoples to update if you don't push optimal visibility.
MaxcoinProject.org

Activity: 101

New MAX logo sucks balls, please continue using original one.

This is the truth. The old logo much more class. The new one looks cheap...
legendary

MaxcoinProject.org
If you're still having trouble syncing, please try the following steps:

• If you're a mining pool or exchange you can update to the latest commit via GitHub and build from there
  • If you're a user, please wait for the binaries to finish building. They're on their way!
  • This update contains a new checkpoint key and the "resetcheckpoint" RPC call to invalidate the broken checkpoint floating around the network
  • Once you've update, run "resetcheckpoint" via the command line or debug console
  • If you still cannot sync, run maxcoind/maxcoin-qt with the "-rescan" option

I tried and it doesn't work.
Struggling with maxcoin whole day. Why aren't you reverting?

I've PM'd you. I'm testing a fix that won't require reverting.
legendary
Mining Pool Hub
If you're still having trouble syncing, please try the following steps:

• If you're a mining pool or exchange you can update to the latest commit via GitHub and build from there
  • If you're a user, please wait for the binaries to finish building. They're on their way!
  • This update contains a new checkpoint key and the "resetcheckpoint" RPC call to invalidate the broken checkpoint floating around the network
  • Once you've update, run "resetcheckpoint" via the command line or debug console
  • If you still cannot sync, run maxcoind/maxcoin-qt with the "-rescan" option

I tried and it doesn't work.
Struggling with maxcoin whole day. Why aren't you reverting?
legendary
Mining Pool Hub
Try restarting your daemon. It will stuck.
Even you connect to the right peer with working peers.

I see proof-of-work error on debug.log when submitting blocks. It will be not easy for testing for you since our pool is handling GH to test on submitting block.
It can't be explained that submitting block is failed even on fork.

I even tried checkpointenforce=0, -disablesafemode but no luck.

You know that checkpoint had bug even before hardfork. Just get rid of it and revert. I don't understand why maxcoin needs checkpoint resync.

What proof of work error are you getting? Are you still trying to create blocks with a coinbase of 48?

We need checkpointing due to the increased risk of 51% attacks in the event that our hashrate drops following a decrease in reward.

No. from coinbase 16.
It made some blocks after hardfork. http://maxcoin.miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks
"proof of work" error from the latest version about 12 hours before.

When the pool stuck at around 600067, 1gh, dwarfpool was stopped at that time too.
They would know this error too.

I then cloned git for the latest checkpoint you added, tried several times. It was saying that about "Safe mode" so I added -disablesafemode too at startup.
I checked the debug.log at that time and found that many submitting blocks were rejected by proof of work then.

Of course, maxcoind checkpointenforce was typed every time when I restart maxcoind.

I tried many parameter options, tested. it only succeeded syncing for typing -reindex (which will explore, check blockchain from scratch).
But when I restart that maxcoind, it stuck again.
I even tried it again with well working daemon's peer list.
I wrote down peer IP and added to addnode list for next start up.

Connection established successfully to that IPs but stuck again.

Maybe "enforcecheckpoint" parameter needs to be set to "false" by command line before the maxcoind parses previous checkpoints. I don't know inner problem but I'm sure there's big bug.

Wrong peers don't even affect new block chain.
Peers validates reward each other and it will "disconnect" when other peer is submitting wrong reward several times. Other coins work like that, and I'm sure maxcoin already has that feature. I can see "banscore" is available in "maxcoind getpeerinfo".

They just disconnects each other and piles up their own blockchain separately.
Dev don't need to worry 51% hash for hardfork, just choose the right blockchain for official maxcoin and that blockchain will win because dev confirmed it as official.

Don't worry and just revert to pre-hardfork.
Activity: 101
Just worrying now about a 51% attack? Hasnt 1GH been 70-90% of the hashrate since.. forever now?

96.7% of total net at block 602640 - according to 1gh. What a mess.
MaxcoinProject.org
Just worrying now about a 51% attack? Hasnt 1GH been 70-90% of the hashrate since.. forever now?

Actually they have been sub-50% for many weeks, until today. Whilst we have been concerned about the hashpower majority 1GH has previously held over the MaxCoin network there was little we could do about that other than encourage miners to diversify and be responsible. 1GH has never launched an attack on MaxCoin so we have no reason to distrust them - they're a very solid mining pool.

The binaries for the fix are available at here. We are concluding the testing with them now.
Activity: 306
Merit: 100

Try restarting your daemon. It will stuck.
Even you connect to the right peer with working peers.

I see proof-of-work error on debug.log when submitting blocks. It will be not easy for testing for you since our pool is handling GH to test on submitting block.
It can't be explained that submitting block is failed even on fork.

I even tried checkpointenforce=0, -disablesafemode but no luck.

You know that checkpoint had bug even before hardfork. Just get rid of it and revert. I don't understand why maxcoin needs checkpoint resync.

What proof of work error are you getting? Are you still trying to create blocks with a coinbase of 48?

We need checkpointing due to the increased risk of 51% attacks in the event that our hashrate drops following a decrease in reward.
legendary
1GH might be running 0.9.2 but if it is so then 0.9.2 is completely fucked up on multiple levels:

1. Nodes 0.9.1 successfully sync to 1GH block height (blockchain) - dozens of 0.9.1 nodes connected to my 0.9.2 node report the same height as 1GH and blockchain explorer.
2. Rate of block generation is few blocks (up to 5) per minute instead of 1 per minute on average.
3. Difficulty is not reacting fast enough or is just wrong somewhere.

There should be a complete rollback to pre-hardfork point. No blockchain is correct right now and developers should not respect anyone's work done on a wrong data. If they do it
that would mean this whole mess was (yet another) deliberate scam.

New MAX logo sucks balls, please continue using original one.
Pages:
Jump to: