Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 49. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Yes,my wallet can't sync either,i just can't figure out what happened.Dose the dev alive or can someone help me fix this situation?

Try the "resetcheckpoint / getcheckpoint" combination followed by letting maxcoin-qt re-sync as described at

http://maxcoinnews.net/maxcoin-0-9-2-1-release/

Worked for me.  Also, here is my complete maxcoin.conf:

# Seed nodes
addnode=maxexplorer.cloudapp.net
addnode=max.suprnova.cc

# Enable RPC
server=1
rpcallowip=*

# RPC information
rpcuser=
rpcpassword=

# Mining
gen=0
par=2

enforcecheckpoint=false
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Yes,my wallet can't sync either,i just can't figure out what happened.Dose the dev alive or can someone help me fix this situation?
My maxcoin-qt (Linux, 9.2.1) was working fine for about 12 hours but hasn't sync'ed since block 610003, about an hour ago (the wallet currently estimates we're at block 610142 and has 11 active connections).  

I've been paid by 1gh.com during this time, but my wallet isn't showing it.

*edit*: OK, trying resetcheckpoint/getcheckpoint and letting the wallet re-sync...
*edit again* yep, resetcheckpoint/getcheckpoint and letting the wallet re-sync worked.  It is once again current and up-to-date.

Wonder why it froze up at block 610003 like that?
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
What's going on with MaxCoin?  My wallet won't synch.

First, it wouldn't synch, then...

I...
#1] Downloaded and installed 9.2.1
#2] Did resetcheckpoint, checked it with getcheckpoint
#3] Ran my wallet with -reindex
    a) (Waited a couple of hours for the blockchain to re-index, and it synched, worked fine.)
#4] Closed my wallet.
#5] Opened my wallet 2 hours later and it won't synch again.
Activity: 13
still unable to sync wallet even after doing upgrade to 9.2.1 and "resetcheckpoint".  What is "-reindex"? and how do I do this? I am unable to locate conf file in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MaxCoin. Does anyone have a conf example?  I am only using the RPC within qt wallet.

i have only this in my conf..

Code:
# Seed nodes
addnode=node.maxcoin.co.uk
addnode=wombat.dar.sh
# Provided by max-coin-dice.com
addnode=94.23.80.59
addnode=198.50.155.236

create a shortcut to maxcoin-qt.exe and then add that -reindex to your shortcut (windows example)

my shortcut on Windows 7 is just like this..
Code:
C:\CryptoCoins\MaxCoin\maxcoin-qt.exe -reindex

run the shortcut then open the debug console up and enter in --> resetcheckpoint

or wait for a new update coming soon as the other guys suggested Wink
good luck..

download the 0.9.2.1 wallet,
-reindex
resetcheckpoint
it works fine,and recv the paid from 1gh.
but now it is very low profit to mine maxcoin

Great Thanks Guys, that worked.  Haha, took me a little while to figure out to add the -reindex after the "quotes"...That could have been useful information  "C:\maxcoin-qt.exe" -reindex
So, has *anybody* of the Penguin persuasion succeeded in compiling the new wallet?

If yes, then what Linux are you using?

And, have you in any way modified (or updated) boost, php, and/or openssl along the way?

Compiles fine on a stock Ubuntu 13.10 machine. It has all of the boost libraries installed (aka "libboost-all-dev" v1.42-v1.53) and openssl 1.0.1e

Aha.  Thanks muchly for the clue.  Finally got maxcoind and maxcoin-qt v0.9.2.1-g8c5e74e-beta to compile, using boost-1.55 (compiled from scratch, that is, bjam and b2) and openssl-1.0.1i (compiled as per LFS).  

The trick is to add -no-ssl2 in the config line when compiling openssl-1.0.1i.   And then you need to do make depend before you do make.  I gather that the standard Ubuntu build of openssl already does all that for you.

If you are compiling openssl-1.0.1e, which is vulnerable to the Heartbleed attack, then you would have to insert -DOPENSSL_NO_HEARTBEATS in the CFLAGS line of the generated Makefile, after you do the config but before you do the make.  Or in the DEPFLAGS line, I forget which --um, heck, just add it to both, to be safe.

Thanks again for the clue.

Man, this new logo sucks donkey dicks, doesn't it.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
This is getting frustrating. 1GH doesn't even allow you to mine using sgminer 5, they only allow their own custom cgminer 3.7.3. Please dev fix this coin so other pools can mine!

why would they care what miner you use ?

your probably doing something wrong..

me i use a custom version of cudaminer i made up.. works fine, always has.

I am not doing anything wrong. Sgminer 5 works without issue on dwarfpool and I would imagine all other pools. Also, just because your Nvidia cudaminer works doesn't mean an AMD with sgminer/cgminer will work properly. There's a few pools out there other than 1GH that only accept shares from a custom miner.

i have plenty of experience working on all miners not just cudaminer/nvidia
and i have used all those pools too and i don't see what your talking about.

your being vague too.. what does "NOT WORK" mean ?
does your miner say shares rejected ? what msg is returned ?

There may be an issue with the sgminer setup and whether it's mining at Keccak 256 vs Kecaak 512
Trust me if there is anything i know about this stuff it's working on miners so i am not a noob Wink

was trying to help you buddy because it's not really possible for a pool to do that.
the most that will happen is you will find some pools may have a tougher hard coded difficulty requirement
which would make it harder to get shares accepted but even that would not give you 100% rejection rates.
i tested that theory out and learned the had ways on a bunch of pools last year with Quark and Securecoin eh.
sorry buy what your claiming is not very believable.. and it's a nasty accusation too LOL

edit:
you said..
There's a few pools out there other than 1GH that only accept shares from a custom miner.

that is what i have an issue with..
it may be simply that the other miners have not been updated to support the pool (coin) yet.
accusing the pool operator of "Locking out" so speak other miners is not too believable.

Here's an example of a custom miner that only works with a specific pool:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anngroestlmyriadgroestl-pool-closed-652849

The issue with sgminer 5 and 1GH is that sgminer sits at waiting for work from pools. My config works just fine with other pools except 1GH. It's not a firewall issue either. I can duplicate this issue on multiple rigs. When I download and use the custom 1GH version of cgminer 3.7.3, and use the exact same configuration I use with dwarfpool (substitute the conf setting algorithm : maxcoin for keccak : true) it works without a problem. I also tried setting keccak : true with sgminer 5, but it doesn't matter what I do because it won't get any work from 1GH.

Edit: Now that DwarfPool is back up and running I am happily hashing away with sgminer 5 again Smiley

there is no getting through to you is there ? LOL

how many miners have you coded ? i have done lots i know what i am talking about.. believe me or don't ..your problem.
but you accused the pool of dishonest behavior and i think it's made up crap.
go ahead and explain to me on a technical level how a pool can do that in the first place..
i already pointed out how at no time did you even so much as post your config settings.

you simply made a damning horrible accusation against a pool ..a BIG pool with nothing to back it up but "because i say so"
And i am telling you your wrong !
Just because a miner is not updated for a specific coin does not mean the pool is black listing miner programs. (or the user is not running it properly)
and the most likely cause of your problem is YOU and how your using the miner or your using a version not compatible with certain coin.
I said it works on my custom home made miner only i am using and i did nothing special for it to work on 1GH
and i have been on there for months 24/7 and was when the pool was launched !

So you think the pool 1GH is secretly detecting Sgminer v5 and blocking it from working ? LOL oooooook then  Roll Eyes

That is NOT possible and you would know that if you knew how the code worked.
I know i discussed privately setting up a custom build miner for a well known pool that would do what you said
and i know how it could be done but i doubt anyone ever bothered to do it.. would be a pain in the ass lol
I theorized hypothetically someone could have used part of the stratum protocol as a means of authentication
via the stratum "message" api feature.. but i never did write any code to try it.
ALL miners work by getting work and doing the work and sending it back basically.. there is no other authentication going on.
*IF a miner completes the work properly it will be accepted it's as simple as that.. it won't matter what hardware / software your running.

i tried to help you but all you did is insist on arguing with a vague and rather nasty accusation against the Pool 1GH which i think is unfair.
did you try contacting the pool operator and asking them for help ?
Instead of getting angry at me, how about you try it out yourself?

Download sgminer from here:
https://ottrbutt.com/sgminer/dev/sgminer-v5-06-06-2014.zip
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533.0
*This is Wolf0's website. You should know who wolf0 is considering you make your own custom miners. It's safe.

Here's my config:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ZYH8VPCh

It's for an AMD 290x running sgminer-v5-06-06-2014 64-bit for Windows. The same exact configuration does not work for me when I switch pools to 1GH. The problem is it sits there waiting for work from the pool. If I use DwarfPool, it works just fine. I would imagine that most maxcoin miners are probably using the 1GH custom cgminer 3.7.3, and thus they can probably mine on other pools with it, but the OFFICIAL sgminer 5 has issues with 1GH for some reason with my fairly basic config. I was more frustrated than anything regarding the recent fork issues with maxcoin, and that the official sgminer 5 appears to not work with 1GH no matter what I try.

Instead of trying to argue with me and accuse 1GH's Max coin pool operators of blocking your miner on you "on purpose"
did YOU try contacting them ?

i don't need to make your miner work for you.. you need to prove your malicious claims against the pool.
just because the miner program does or does not work does not automatically mean 1GH was trying to be assholes and block your miner from working on their pool.

here i will even do the leg work for you and copy and past the link to the Pool ANN topic so you can talk to "reorder" about it Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=392322.20
Activity: 322
This is getting frustrating. 1GH doesn't even allow you to mine using sgminer 5, they only allow their own custom cgminer 3.7.3. Please dev fix this coin so other pools can mine!

I am not doing anything wrong. Sgminer 5 works without issue on dwarfpool and I would imagine all other pools. Also, just because your Nvidia cudaminer works doesn't mean an AMD with sgminer/cgminer will work properly. There's a few pools out there other than 1GH that only accept shares from a custom miner.

There may be an issue with the sgminer setup and whether it's mining at Keccak 256 vs Kecaak 512
Trust me if there is anything i know about this stuff it's working on miners so i am not a noob Wink

was trying to help you buddy because it's not really possible for a pool to do that.
the most that will happen is you will find some pools may have a tougher hard coded difficulty requirement
which would make it harder to get shares accepted but even that would not give you 100% rejection rates.
i tested that theory out and learned the had ways on a bunch of pools last year with Quark and Securecoin eh.
sorry buy what your claiming is not very believable.. and it's a nasty accusation too LOL

edit:
you said..
There's a few pools out there other than 1GH that only accept shares from a custom miner.

it may be simply that the other miners have not been updated to support the pool (coin) yet.
accusing the pool operator of "Locking out" so speak other miners is not too believable.

The issue with sgminer 5 and 1GH is that sgminer sits at waiting for work from pools. My config works just fine with other pools except 1GH. It's not a firewall issue either. I can duplicate this issue on multiple rigs. When I download and use the custom 1GH version of cgminer 3.7.3, and use the exact same configuration I use with dwarfpool (substitute the conf setting algorithm : maxcoin for keccak : true) it works without a problem. I also tried setting keccak : true with sgminer 5, but it doesn't matter what I do because it won't get any work from 1GH.

Edit: Now that DwarfPool is back up and running I am happily hashing away with sgminer 5 again Smiley

how many miners have you coded ? i have done lots i know what i am talking about.. believe me or don't ..your problem.
go ahead and explain to me on a technical level how a pool can do that in the first place..
i already pointed out how at no time did you even so much as post your config settings.

you simply made a damning horrible accusation against a pool ..a BIG pool with nothing to back it up but "because i say so"
Just because a miner is not updated for a specific coin does not mean the pool is black listing miner programs. (or the user is not running it properly)
and the most likely cause of your problem is YOU and how your using the miner or your using a version not compatible with certain coin.
I said it works on my custom home made miner only i am using and i did nothing special for it to work on 1GH

So you think the pool 1GH is secretly detecting Sgminer v5 and blocking it from working ? LOL oooooook then  Roll Eyes

I know i discussed privately setting up a custom build miner for a well known pool that would do what you said
and i know how it could be done but i doubt anyone ever bothered to do it.. would be a pain in the ass lol
I theorized hypothetically someone could have used part of the stratum protocol as a means of authentication
via the stratum "message" api feature.. but i never did write any code to try it.
ALL miners work by getting work and doing the work and sending it back basically.. there is no other authentication going on.
*IF a miner completes the work properly it will be accepted it's as simple as that.. it won't matter what hardware / software your running.

i tried to help you but all you did is insist on arguing with a vague and rather nasty accusation against the Pool 1GH which i think is unfair.
Instead of getting angry at me, how about you try it out yourself?

Download sgminer from here:
https://ottrbutt.com/sgminer/dev/sgminer-v5-06-06-2014.zip
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533.0
*This is Wolf0's website. You should know who wolf0 is considering you make your own custom miners. It's safe.

Here's my config:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ZYH8VPCh

It's for an AMD 290x running sgminer-v5-06-06-2014 64-bit for Windows. The same exact configuration does not work for me when I switch pools to 1GH. The problem is it sits there waiting for work from the pool. If I use DwarfPool, it works just fine. I would imagine that most maxcoin miners are probably using the 1GH custom cgminer 3.7.3, and thus they can probably mine on other pools with it, but the OFFICIAL sgminer 5 has issues with 1GH for some reason with my fairly basic config. I was more frustrated than anything regarding the recent fork issues with maxcoin, and that the official sgminer 5 appears to not work with 1GH no matter what I try.
Activity: 25

Cryptsy wallet still unable to withdraw.  Pretty unreal!

Bittrex is still disabled too..
Not exactly healthy having the coin frozen everywhere for a week right when it's at a long time high in value.

I think that's why the price shot up.  Miners can't sell any coins.

So now you have a week's worth of Max Coins waiting to me dumped.  That means the price will get slammed in a day or two when deposits start working.

Can't wait.
The price shot up before the fork.  Since the fork the price has went slightly lower.  But a maxcoin dump may indeed be incoming.  Everyone get ready for cheap maxcoin Smiley
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
on and off i have been having issues with the internet bandwidth usage on the newest wallet Sad
does anyone know of any command-lines etc to throttle the amount of uploading it does ?

i run a desktop OSD i made for Aida64 and i see it going ape shit on the upload.
and i have also tracked it with Sysinternals Process Explorer so i can see it is in fact the culprit.

i don't think there is anything i can do but shut it off but i figured i should ask you guys.
i don't intend on running it all the time but since i can't shut it down or i have to reindex i am trying to leave it on.
normally i would run the wallet and sync it once a day or so..
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™

edit:
you said..

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

Not exactly healthy having the coin frozen everywhere for a week right when it's at a long time high in value.

I think that's why the price shot up.  Miners can't sell any coins.

So now you have a week's worth of Max Coins waiting to me dumped.  That means the price will get slammed in a day or two when deposits start working.

Can't wait.
Activity: 322

edit:
you said..

legendary
FUD Philanthropist™

Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
still unable to sync wallet even after doing upgrade to 9.2.1 and "resetcheckpoint".  What is "-reindex"? and how do I do this? I am unable to locate conf file in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MaxCoin. Does anyone have a conf example?  I am only using the RPC within qt wallet.

Code:
# Seed nodes
addnode=wombat.dar.sh
addnode=94.23.80.59
addnode=198.50.155.236

create a shortcut to maxcoin-qt.exe and then add that -reindex to your shortcut (windows example)

Code:

run the shortcut then open the debug console up and enter in --> resetcheckpoint

good luck..

download the 0.9.2.1 wallet,
-reindex
resetcheckpoint
it works fine,and recv the paid from 1gh.
but now it is very low profit to mine maxcoin

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

Activity: 170
What happened to Maxcoin.co.nz? They go belly-up and not tell anyone?
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™

Code:
# Seed nodes
addnode=wombat.dar.sh
addnode=94.23.80.59
addnode=198.50.155.236

Code:

good luck..
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
MaxcoinProject.org

MAX on DwarfPool is enabled

Brilliant, thanks Atrides. I'll keep you and the other pool ops in the loop as to my progress and allow you plenty of time to upgrade in the event that another fork is needed.
Activity: 238
still unable to sync wallet even after doing upgrade to 9.2.1 and "resetcheckpoint".  What is "-reindex"? and how do I do this? I am unable to locate conf file in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MaxCoin. Does anyone have a conf example?  I am only using the RPC within qt wallet.

Don't worry, if you don't know how to tweak, just wait for a proper release, as luke said a fix is on the way. Just be patient.

MAX on DwarfPool is enabled

Good news, way to go!
Pages:
Jump to: