Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 53. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 10
MaxcoinProject.org
Try restarting your daemon. It will stuck.
Even you connect to the right peer with working peers.

I see proof-of-work error on debug.log when submitting blocks. It will be not easy for testing for you since our pool is handling GH to test on submitting block.
It can't be explained that submitting block is failed even on fork.

I even tried checkpointenforce=0, -disablesafemode but no luck.

You know that checkpoint had bug even before hardfork. Just get rid of it and revert. I don't understand why maxcoin needs checkpoint resync.

What proof of work error are you getting? Are you still trying to create blocks with a coinbase of 48?

We need checkpointing due to the increased risk of 51% attacks in the event that our hashrate drops following a decrease in reward.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006
Mining Pool Hub
There are clearly several major issues on the network at the moment that I will be spending the day resolving. The first is that there is still a large number of people using the old client, causing lots of invalid blocks to be mined. The second is that a checkpoint on an invalid fork is floating around the network and needs to be invalidated: please leave checkpoints turned off until a fix is released. An update solving these problems will be released as soon as I can ascertain that nothing else is wrong.

If 1gh continues to mine on their own fork it will be a sad loss to the network.

Thanks for the patience guys.

1gh is running MaxCoin version v0.9.2.0-g8c5e74e-beta (2014-09-04 17:34:31 +0100), with checkpoints disabled. If you delete blockchain db, it is the fork your client will eventually converge to.

Well you can't guarantee that 1gh's blockchain is the only one, available blockchain.

Tell me if you succeeded with current daemon restart, and sync is running properly. I think it will not sync to that blockchain again.
I'm not sure what the core problem is, but official maxcoin source have critical bug in it and cannot be recovered automatically.

Just stop pool running like miningpoolhub and dwarfpool.
The problem is a majority of hashrate still running 0.9.1 (botnet perhaps). Your node drops to safe mode seeing invalid chain having more work than the one it considers valid.

What reorder says appears to be true. I am testing the fixed wallet now and it's syncing to the 1GH chain. You can see this at http://maxcoin.co.uk:2750/chain/Maxcoin.

Try restarting your daemon. It will stuck.
Even you connect to the right peer with working peers.

I see proof-of-work error on debug.log when submitting blocks. It will be not easy for testing for you since our pool is handling GH to test on submitting block.
It can't be explained that submitting block is failed even on fork.

I even tried checkpointenforce=0, -disablesafemode but no luck.

You know that checkpoint had bug even before hardfork. Just get rid of it and revert. I don't understand why maxcoin needs checkpoint resync.
MaxcoinProject.org
If you're still having trouble syncing, please try the following steps:

• If you're a mining pool or exchange you can update to the latest commit via GitHub and build from there
  • If you're a user, please wait for the binaries to finish building. They're on their way!
  • This update contains a new checkpoint key and the "resetcheckpoint" RPC call to invalidate the broken checkpoint floating around the network
  • Once you've update, run "resetcheckpoint" via the command line or debug console
  • If you still cannot sync, run maxcoind/maxcoin-qt with the "-rescan" option
legendary
Mining Pool Hub
There are clearly several major issues on the network at the moment that I will be spending the day resolving. The first is that there is still a large number of people using the old client, causing lots of invalid blocks to be mined. The second is that a checkpoint on an invalid fork is floating around the network and needs to be invalidated: please leave checkpoints turned off until a fix is released. An update solving these problems will be released as soon as I can ascertain that nothing else is wrong.

If 1gh continues to mine on their own fork it will be a sad loss to the network.

1gh is running MaxCoin version v0.9.2.0-g8c5e74e-beta (2014-09-04 17:34:31 +0100), with checkpoints disabled. If you delete blockchain db, it is the fork your client will eventually converge to.

Well you can't guarantee that 1gh's blockchain is the only one, available blockchain.

Tell me if you succeeded with current daemon restart, and sync is running properly. I think it will not sync to that blockchain again.
I'm not sure what the core problem is, but official maxcoin source have critical bug in it and cannot be recovered automatically.

The problem is a majority of hashrate still running 0.9.1 (botnet perhaps). Your node drops to safe mode seeing invalid chain having more work than the one it considers valid.

So did you try restarting your daemon?
I tested it several times in my own pc and it stuck when it restarted.
I even wrote down well working daemon's peer list and added to addnode list but when it restart, that daemon went into trouble and no sync at all.

Tell me what happens when you restart your daemon.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™

Cryptsy wallet still showing:  "offline while we perform system maintenance" when I try to withdraw coins.

I've never seen them take so long to update a wallet.  Is MAX not a direct BTC or LTC clone?

Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow.

Cheers!

no it's a clone of Blake Coin..
Basically the same thing as Quark minus all the other Algo's except Keccak / SHA3 left in only..
so it's very different than LTC/BTC

i did not look at the wallet source code.. Luke was saying it was a Check Point issue but that is taking his word for it i guess
no idea why it seems we're forked here ..is that all he did ? (update check points) ..weird !

i just turned on my OLD wallet after several hours again now and once again it seems to sync up fine.

edit:
this is one of the things i like about Jackpotcoin too the guy knows what he is doing and has made a far more complicated innovative coin
and the JPC dev has continued to give endless updates since it's launch months ago with out disappearing etc..
a quality dev we can count on with obvious above average skills !

and JPC is not even on Cryptsy but IS on 11 other exchanges LOL
It is a combination of factors, one of which is majority of hashrate running the old version. You have to run the new client with checkpoints disabled and block database removed so it resyncs from scratch: your current block database is beyond the point it can reorg.

WHY is the old block chain invalid by the dev adding new checkpoints on a wallet update ?

edit:
Also i seen no mention from the Max coin dev to delete our old block chains either..

edit2:
having to re-download 1.75gb's of block chain data is gay ass faggy bullshit by the way

i have wondered for quite a while does anyone have both the old and new source code to compare ?

has this been verified ?

Technical Changelog

Increased block time to 60s
    Reduced block reward to 16 MAX
    Added automatic-checkpointing
    Fixed ‘copy transaction ID’ bug in UI
    Added dumppubkey RPC call
    Improved sign/verify UI
    Changed sign/verify to use hex encoding
    Changed makekeypair to use hex encoding

http://maxcoinnews.net/maxcoin-v0-9-2-0-release-notes/

edit:
also i don't even know what the reward was before lol
MaxcoinProject.org

What reorder says appears to be true. I am testing the fixed wallet now and it's syncing to the 1GH chain. You can see this at http://maxcoin.co.uk:2750/chain/Maxcoin.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

legendary
Mining Pool Hub

legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

Oh that's just great, blame 1gh for your total lack of development skills. Maxcoin will never recover with this clown at the helm.

Luke has more integrity that any crypto developer I've ever met. 

How is Mr Integrity working out for you?
legendary
Mining Pool Hub

Thank dev.

I think you'd better roll back to before the hardfork source code and just change block time and block reward.
This kind of forking problem didn't happen at recent maxcoin hardfork. So it doesn't look like just the problem of running new version peer rate.

I saw this situation some months ago with Darkcoin.
Currently dynamic checkpoint seems like to not working properly. I don't know where this checkpoint sync source code came from but even Darkcoin is not forcing this type of sync currently. They failed hardfork issue twice and changed to soft fork their blockchain. This kind of problem happened on Bitcoin also, and it needed several weeks to fix.

It's really not an easy problem on p2p. This kind of problem is hard to simulate on testnet and makes investors disappoint as time passes. This network breaking really harms maxcoin and its confidence also.

I just recommend you to give up dynamic checkpoint sync, roll back main source code to before the hardfork and change block time and block reward. This is safe, and makes things smooth.
Activity: 462

Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC

1gh and dwarfpool are online and sync to the same node,witch pool is right?
MaxcoinProject.org

Activity: 250
sync done, block 602067.
enforcecheckpoint false added to console
how to get it?
i use enforcecheckpoint false  and waiting for 6 hours,still pending on block 600069
just like i said.
but now it shows me "sync done" adn block 602100 for about an hour.
Activity: 609
DMD,XZC
sync done, block 602067.
how to get it?
i use enforcecheckpoint false  and waiting for 6 hours,still pending on block 600069
Activity: 658
Admin of DwarfPool.com
New clients cannot work, they makes as orphan all blocks from 1gh because he used old version.
Currently all four my servers on different chains!
Activity: 250
sync done, block 602067.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
I like big text.

Also colors are nice.

Now back to the regular discussion!
Activity: 658
Admin of DwarfPool.com

I fully agree with miningpoolhub!

1gh use old version and have made own fork specially.

But official clients doesn't work. And the maxcoin network is completely destroyed

legendary
Mining Pool Hub
Dev, just get rid of dynamic checkpoint sync or anything else like that and just change the block reward and block time.
The whole maxcoin network is not working currently.

You should fix the proof-of-work error bug near blockchain 600067!
"AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof of work"

New maxcoin really doesn't work, blockchain not syncing, 1gh only mining blocks from low difficulty from their own fork.
I don't think it's fair.

If that blockchain is accepted by official dev, then market price will crash since it was mined from very low difficulty.
Too many blocks in a short time.

Please do the Hardfork to near 600064 ~ 600067 and set all blocks invalid after that.
This is the only way maxcoin can live with current price.

Anyway, dev are you working to fix it?
Where are you??? Comment anything that you acknowledge this situation
Pages:
Jump to: