Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 62. (Read 914218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
To the people claiming that there is no development taking place, are you living under a rock? Or do you just choose to ignore everything that doesn't confirm your bias?

BitXATM are launching 1,000 ATMs in the US, all of which will be capable of transacting in MaxCoin. They will also have PoS devices for point of sale purchases. How many other altcoins can make that claim?

Maxcoin also has raised $100,000 in crowdfunding to create a physical silver MaxCoin. The demand seen for this was huge which shows how much support there is from community to fund worthwhile projects.

MaxCoin will also be accepted on StartJOIN in the coming weeks for the purpose of making pledges towards crowdfunding projects. StartJOIN is the only serious crowdfunding platform embracing cryptocurrency, and is aiming to be a large player in the crowdfunding market. This gives maxcoin a unique use case. StartCOIN was created specifically to incentivise use of the platform, and is in no way a competitive threat to MaxCoin in this regard. The two currencies complement each other, and there will at some point be a market to exchange maxcoin and startcoin.

MaxCoin has also been adopted onto the NXT multigateway decentralised exchange. Yes, that's right. A decentralised bitcoin:maxcoin exchange! How many other alts are talking endlessly about this but getting nowhere? The maxcoin devs don't just talk, they act... and get things done.

In addition to that, the TXTCoinsNow project will enable payments in maxcoin without the need for a computer, a smartphone or even an internet connection. This project aims to bring max to the unbanked people of the world who do not have the privilege of owning expensive computing hardware. All that is needed is any regular phone to send and receive payments in maxcoin.

There is also a project underway to create an FPGA for mining maxcoin. This project has raised almost $20,000 in funding to date and already has the hardware ready to go as soon as the VHDL programming is complete, and we have a working SHA3 implementation interfaced with cgminer.

We also have paper wallets, QR codes, a working minikey format, deterministic wallets, an ad-free faucet that pays out more in Satoshi value than any other faucet. Work is underway on an android wallet, and our web wallet is about 80% completed. A port of bitcoin-abe is also in progress. There's an active community on maxchat.info and maxtalk.org who are dedicated to making the coin a success, and a community bounty program will soon be launched in a free market based attempt to develop the infrastructure of the coin.

The devs also acted quickly to patch an exploit of the Kimoto Gravity well retargeting algorithm that was used to successfully attack auroracoin, making maxcoin the first safe KGW coin. We take blockchain security very seriously. And despite a prolonged period of a single mining pool controlling over 51% of the market, no 51% attacks were attempted and now the mining community have addressed the issue such that no single entity controls a dominant share of the network hashrate.

The dev team are also in talks with major silver bullion dealer in the UK to discuss the possibility of backing the currency with silver. This is a long way off, but reveals the fact that the team are serious about the long term success of the project.

These points merely scratch the surface of the development work that is currently taking place, so how anyone could try to honestly claim that no development is being done is beyond me. You are either being dishonest in your criticisms or else you are being wilfully blinded by your own biases.

Some of the comments in this thread are actually laughable. And some of you wonder why the MaxCoin devs have no time for this forum? What is the point of trying to convince bitcoin evangelicals who don't want to be convinced anyway? It's a waste of time and energy, and time will prove you wrong anyway. Enjoy the schadenfreude while it lasts, because MaxCoin will have the last laugh...

Very good post, so I thought I would bump it.

Also.  For anyone who thinks that Max Keiser is an a$$hole, you are probably right.  But remember Max Keiser has approximately 20 million viewers on RT for Keiser Report.  A lot of those people will watch the show because they DO like him.  What other altcoin has a PR agent as big as Max Keiser?  He was the reason why a lot of people got into Bitcoin in the first place.  Most people I mention Bitcoin to haven't heard of it but of the ones that have, they usually attribute it to Max Keiser or bring his name into the conversation.  He seems to be big in the UK.

If you think about it there are probably thousands of people out of the 20 million that hang off his every word, who are not financially savvy, but believe what he says because he says it louder than the next guy.  Some of these people will see the success of Bitcoin and want a piece of the action.  There could already be 1 million Maxcoins soaked up by people who wont sell until the price is in the $10's or $100's.  Might never happen, but for all intents and purposes those coins are hoovered off the market.  Max hasn't even give the big buy signal yet, when he does all hell could break loose.  Remember he has the inside scoop, he has the capital and he has the publicity.  Whatever he says can become reality!

This coin was not pre-mined, so..... if Max himself wants a piece of the action then why would he pay 10,000's 100,000's or even 1,000,000's of satoshis per coin when he can suck them up at a fraction of the cost by just pretending to release news at a given date/time and then not releasing it?  Or even better, announce another coin.  Max worked on wall street for many years.  He has participated in many pump and dumps.  He knows how to make value disappear and how to make it rise.  And most importantly he knows how to increase his position/holdings.  What do you think he is doing?

Guys.  I want the price to go lower too so that I can grab some more at a bargain price.  Dollar cost averaging is a bad idea for all altcoins because you will lose in the end.  Not this one.  I believe Max is positioning himself to make a killing, of course he cant announce that or the price wont keep going lower for him to accumulate more.  Yes, I'm putting a lot of faith in this coin but from reading between the lines I think I could be right, and I for one don't want to miss this bus!  I believe in you Max Keiser (even though I might not like you)  Tongue Tongue Tongue

this is powerful, it also does look good, very Star Trek
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
A lot of what is being said at the moment, in this thread, is actually symptomatic of the whole altcoin world in general. I have mentioned this before, elsewhere: I believe  Andreas Antonopolous got it right when he said that 2014 is Bitcoin's year and that the altcoins should forget it for now - their time will come later. While I too have certain reservations about Maxcoin, I wouldn't count it out just yet. Like many, I was disappointed with the launch and have seen my initial holding dwindle over the months. All I would say is give Max Keiser and Maxcoin the benefit of the doubt for now (if any!). I would suggest that this time next year would be a better time to judge whether Maxcoin has failed, or not.
I will be quite surprised if this coin managed to limp along until this time next year.  Virtually no buy volume and seems likely to be moved to secondary max/ltc market on cryptsy relatively soon imho.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Thank you!!!

Hi all,

We would like to inform you about adding MAX/BTC market on modern exchange AskCoin.Net:

https://askcoin.net/images/askcoin-net_02.png

Make sure to follow us on Twitter,

AskCoin.Net Team
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
A lot of what is being said at the moment, in this thread, is actually symptomatic of the whole altcoin world in general. I have mentioned this before, elsewhere: I believe  Andreas Antonopolous got it right when he said that 2014 is Bitcoin's year and that the altcoins should forget it for now - their time will come later. While I too have certain reservations about Maxcoin, I wouldn't count it out just yet. Like many, I was disappointed with the launch and have seen my initial holding dwindle over the months. All I would say is give Max Keiser and Maxcoin the benefit of the doubt for now (if any!). I would suggest that this time next year would be a better time to judge whether Maxcoin has failed, or not.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Maxcoin has No features.

Maxcoin has No community

Maxcoin has No adoption

Maxcoin has No working developers/development team

Maxcoin has No exchange support/buyers, having been delisted from most of the exchanges it was previously on because of having No buyers, but tons of sellers which = no trading going on.

This coin is only a pump and dump by Max Keiser(who abandoned this coin to go and make Startcoin/Startjoin), there has been No development on this coin at all, and there is no development team working on this coin.

Maxcoin is dead and has been for a long time.
Activity: 798
also that picture from BitxAtM is a mockup..

from their own website the terminals:

Can accept payments in any crypto-currency
Can accept payments in any FIAT currency

What digital currencies can be accepted for POS purchases?
Owner of the BTM can freely decide which currencies will be accepted for purchases and/or sold for FIAT money.

https://www.bitxatm.com/faqs/

there is nothing saying that they are working with Maxcoin specifically so nobody can claim this is a Maxcoin development. by the same logic I could just as easily claim that this news is a huge development for Dogecoin or Karpeles coin lol.

as for StartJoin.. Max claimed that they would use Maxcoin initially, but then he sold out on his own investors and launched Startcoin to be used on StartJoin.. now startcoin is failing I'm not surprised that he might re-consider using Max on there now.. a bit late though since Max has already burned his followers and the price has collapsed even further.

meanwhile trade volume has been drying up... the real threat to Maxcoin isn't criticism or lack of development, it is de-listing from exchanges.
at this very critical time for altcoins de-listing means death.

m_murphy is just a shameless pumper like Max Kaiser. Next he will be claiming that the long awaited stability fund will finally be launched..
Activity: 168

Also.  For anyone who thinks that Max Keiser is an a$$hole, you are probably right.  But remember Max Keiser has approximately 20 million viewers on RT for Keiser Report.  A lot of those people will watch the show because they DO like him.  What other altcoin has a PR agent as big as Max Keiser?  He was the reason why a lot of people got into Bitcoin in the first place.  Most people I mention Bitcoin to haven't heard of it but of the ones that have, they usually attribute it to Max Keiser or bring his name into the conversation.  He seems to be big in the UK.

Yeah, those people buy bitcoin. Why should they dump bitcoin for other coin named after this douchebag and started by college students with little to none experience? A coin with inflation that cannot be possibly sustained.

If you think about it there are probably thousands of people out of the 20 million that hang off his every word, who are not financially savvy, but believe what he says because he says it louder than the next guy.  Some of these people will see the success of Bitcoin and want a piece of the action.  There could already be 1 million Maxcoins soaked up by people who wont sell until the price is in the $10's or $100's.  Might never happen, but for all intents and purposes those coins are hoovered off the market.  Max hasn't even give the big buy signal yet, when he does all hell could break loose.  Remember he has the inside scoop, he has the capital and he has the publicity.  Whatever he says can become reality!

I imagine those people checking on their investment everyday. Financially savvy or not, they see they have been f*cked in the ass by a pump and dump. People are not that patient as you think, especially when they see that bitcoin goes up. And they were told to dump it for some shit coin!  Grin So those people are heavy bagholders wanting to unload, trapped in shit.

A buy signal? He's been cheerleading for months tweeting some bullshit that never panned out. Blitz of announcements for june was the greatest. Nothing really happened except starting another failed coin. Or his buy signals like about the price bottom and target for the pumps. He missed them all, probably does not care too much.

This coin was not pre-mined, so..... if Max himself wants a piece of the action then why would he pay 10,000's 100,000's or even 1,000,000's of satoshis per coin when he can suck them up at a fraction of the cost by just pretending to release news at a given date/time and then not releasing it?  Or even better, announce another coin.  Max worked on wall street for many years.  He has participated in many pump and dumps.  He knows how to make value disappear and how to make it rise.  And most importantly he knows how to increase his position/holdings.  What do you think he is doing?

This coin is a pump and dump. It's been going for months. People who do not notice this deserve to lose money. Sorry dude, no big pump for you, this is constant downtrend.

Guys.  I want the price to go lower too so that I can grab some more at a bargain price.  Dollar cost averaging is a bad idea for all altcoins because you will lose in the end.  Not this one.  I believe Max is positioning himself to make a killing, of course he cant announce that or the price wont keep going lower for him to accumulate more.  Yes, I'm putting a lot of faith in this coin but from reading between the lines I think I could be right, and I for one don't want to miss this bus!  I believe in you Max Keiser (even though I might not like you)  Tongue Tongue Tongue

He is making a killing or the whales who dumped on people. Lots max was sold at higher prices so it was a good dump. Must have been good dumping on all those losers that watch his show and think they can get rich by buying some altcoin with inflation and greedy whales.

And about developers. I did not say they are doing nothing around the coin but compared to other coins this is just another clone, better in nothing that bitcoin with much less security and inflation without buy support.

You might rethink your position. You do not want to get burned. The coin did not reach bottom yet. I don't care.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
To the people claiming that there is no development taking place, are you living under a rock? Or do you just choose to ignore everything that doesn't confirm your bias?

http://media.coindesk.com/2014/07/Screen-Shot-2014-07-20-at-11.25.28-AM.png

BitXATM are launching 1,000 ATMs in the US, all of which will be capable of transacting in MaxCoin. They will also have PoS devices for point of sale purchases. How many other altcoins can make that claim?

Maxcoin also has raised $100,000 in crowdfunding to create a physical silver MaxCoin. The demand seen for this was huge which shows how much support there is from community to fund worthwhile projects.

MaxCoin will also be accepted on StartJOIN in the coming weeks for the purpose of making pledges towards crowdfunding projects. StartJOIN is the only serious crowdfunding platform embracing cryptocurrency, and is aiming to be a large player in the crowdfunding market. This gives maxcoin a unique use case. StartCOIN was created specifically to incentivise use of the platform, and is in no way a competitive threat to MaxCoin in this regard. The two currencies complement each other, and there will at some point be a market to exchange maxcoin and startcoin.

MaxCoin has also been adopted onto the NXT multigateway decentralised exchange. Yes, that's right. A decentralised bitcoin:maxcoin exchange! How many other alts are talking endlessly about this but getting nowhere? The maxcoin devs don't just talk, they act... and get things done.

In addition to that, the TXTCoinsNow project will enable payments in maxcoin without the need for a computer, a smartphone or even an internet connection. This project aims to bring max to the unbanked people of the world who do not have the privilege of owning expensive computing hardware. All that is needed is any regular phone to send and receive payments in maxcoin.

There is also a project underway to create an FPGA for mining maxcoin. This project has raised almost $20,000 in funding to date and already has the hardware ready to go as soon as the VHDL programming is complete, and we have a working SHA3 implementation interfaced with cgminer.

We also have paper wallets, QR codes, a working minikey format, deterministic wallets, an ad-free faucet that pays out more in Satoshi value than any other faucet. Work is underway on an android wallet, and our web wallet is about 80% completed. A port of bitcoin-abe is also in progress. There's an active community on maxchat.info and maxtalk.org who are dedicated to making the coin a success, and a community bounty program will soon be launched in a free market based attempt to develop the infrastructure of the coin.

The devs also acted quickly to patch an exploit of the Kimoto Gravity well retargeting algorithm that was used to successfully attack auroracoin, making maxcoin the first safe KGW coin. We take blockchain security very seriously. And despite a prolonged period of a single mining pool controlling over 51% of the market, no 51% attacks were attempted and now the mining community have addressed the issue such that no single entity controls a dominant share of the network hashrate.

The dev team are also in talks with major silver bullion dealer in the UK to discuss the possibility of backing the currency with silver. This is a long way off, but reveals the fact that the team are serious about the long term success of the project.

These points merely scratch the surface of the development work that is currently taking place, so how anyone could try to honestly claim that no development is being done is beyond me. You are either being dishonest in your criticisms or else you are being wilfully blinded by your own biases.

Some of the comments in this thread are actually laughable. And some of you wonder why the MaxCoin devs have no time for this forum? What is the point of trying to convince bitcoin evangelicals who don't want to be convinced anyway? It's a waste of time and energy, and time will prove you wrong anyway. Enjoy the schadenfreude while it lasts, because MaxCoin will have the last laugh...

Very good post, so I thought I would bump it.

Also.  For anyone who thinks that Max Keiser is an a$$hole, you are probably right.  But remember Max Keiser has approximately 20 million viewers on RT for Keiser Report.  A lot of those people will watch the show because they DO like him.  What other altcoin has a PR agent as big as Max Keiser?  He was the reason why a lot of people got into Bitcoin in the first place.  Most people I mention Bitcoin to haven't heard of it but of the ones that have, they usually attribute it to Max Keiser or bring his name into the conversation.  He seems to be big in the UK.

If you think about it there are probably thousands of people out of the 20 million that hang off his every word, who are not financially savvy, but believe what he says because he says it louder than the next guy.  Some of these people will see the success of Bitcoin and want a piece of the action.  There could already be 1 million Maxcoins soaked up by people who wont sell until the price is in the $10's or $100's.  Might never happen, but for all intents and purposes those coins are hoovered off the market.  Max hasn't even give the big buy signal yet, when he does all hell could break loose.  Remember he has the inside scoop, he has the capital and he has the publicity.  Whatever he says can become reality!

This coin was not pre-mined, so..... if Max himself wants a piece of the action then why would he pay 10,000's 100,000's or even 1,000,000's of satoshis per coin when he can suck them up at a fraction of the cost by just pretending to release news at a given date/time and then not releasing it?  Or even better, announce another coin.  Max worked on wall street for many years.  He has participated in many pump and dumps.  He knows how to make value disappear and how to make it rise.  And most importantly he knows how to increase his position/holdings.  What do you think he is doing?

Guys.  I want the price to go lower too so that I can grab some more at a bargain price.  Dollar cost averaging is a bad idea for all altcoins because you will lose in the end.  Not this one.  I believe Max is positioning himself to make a killing, of course he cant announce that or the price wont keep going lower for him to accumulate more.  Yes, I'm putting a lot of faith in this coin but from reading between the lines I think I could be right, and I for one don't want to miss this bus!  I believe in you Max Keiser (even though I might not like you)  Tongue Tongue Tongue

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Mining Pool Hub

Just opened multi algo pool + auto exchange feature!

Mine the most profitable coin and auto exchange to Maxcoin

Why do I have to mine other coin?

1. You'll get more Maxcoin!
    By mining the most profitable coin, it means you get more BTC, and you will get more Maxcoin!

2. It will make current Maxcoin miners more profitable!
   Your hash goes to other alt coin, and current miners will get more Maxcoin because Net hash decreases.

3. Auto exchange makes "buy order" in the market!
   It increases price. Now, mining can affect trading world.

4. Auto exchange makes independent to Bitcoin.
   To make altcoin environment survive, we need real alternate coin which can match with Bitcoin.
   Auto exchange can encourage altcoin environment more healthy, discourages people who just mining the most profitable coin and receiving by Bitcoin. Yes, it destroys all altcoins.

If you think Maxcoin is good and you want to investigate in it by mining, this is the smartest way to investigate.

Come and join us.
We opened this feature today, don't have much hash on multi pool but come and give us power.

You know, we have been running Maxcoin pool for a long time.
Our pool can grow up if you come!

http://miningpoolhub.com

Does Sherlock Holmes also prefer Maxcoin?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006
Mining Pool Hub
Mining Pool Hub

Just opened multi algo pool + auto exchange feature!

Mine the most profitable coin and auto exchange to Maxcoin

Why do I have to mine other coin?

1. You'll get more Maxcoin!
    By mining the most profitable coin, it means you get more BTC, and you will get more Maxcoin!

2. It will make current Maxcoin miners more profitable!
   Your hash goes to other alt coin, and current miners will get more Maxcoin because Net hash decreases.

3. Auto exchange makes "buy order" in the market!
   It increases price. Now, mining can affect trading world.

4. Auto exchange makes independent to Bitcoin.
   To make altcoin environment survive, we need real alternate coin which can match with Bitcoin.
   Auto exchange can encourage altcoin environment more healthy, discourages people who just mining the most profitable coin and receiving by Bitcoin. Yes, it destroys all altcoins.

If you think Maxcoin is good and you want to investigate in it by mining, this is the smartest way to investigate.

Come and join us.
We opened this feature today, don't have much hash on multi pool but come and give us power.

You know, we have been running Maxcoin pool for a long time.
Our pool can grow up if you come!

http://miningpoolhub.com
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Someone dumped $700 worth and someone else bought it in 24 hours on the #2 exchange. Time for all the investors to start dreaming of $millions.

If you make this coin PoS, change the name so it does not remind me of that fraud, reimburse people that were heavily dumped by the whales over the months... I don't see that happening.

But instead another pump and dump and the price goes only lower.

Max Kaiser deserves a gold medal for having helped to create two failed coins..

Seriously disappointed with how this coin has performed since buying in.  What was the other coin?

Max abandoned Maxcoin a long time ago to start Startcoin.
legendary
Well hello there!

If you make this coin PoS, change the name so it does not remind me of that fraud, reimburse people that were heavily dumped by the whales over the months... I don't see that happening.

Seriously disappointed with how this coin has performed since buying in.  What was the other coin?
Activity: 742
I'm dying.
A maxcoin market has FINALLY been launched on bittrex!  Grin

In less than 24 hours, the market on Bittrex has overtaken Cryptsy to become the 2nd largest MaxCoin market by volume.
This is despite the fact MAX has been trading on Cryptsy since February.

The volume on bittrex today has been just under 50% that of of MCXNow's MAX/BTC market.
And this is only the first day of active trading on this market. That's pretty impressive imo.
MaxCoin has seen over 2,000 btc of transaction volume on MCX in the past 3 months.
It's much more than that if you extend the window back as far as February.

MAX will be featured on homepage of Bittrex.com for at least the next week.
So get your coins over to Trex and lets get some volume going!

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-MAX
That's good news actually.

I've bought 40k so far. Can't believe how people got no patience. I'm expecting a huge pump. Not sure when, but I know there HAS (to)/WILL be one.

The truth is Maxcoin is the biggest sleeping giant out there.    Once it breaks out,  the holders of this coin will prosper tremendously!!

Someone really needs to relieve his bag  Grin

I'll take it off his hands. My maxcoin bag will never be full. The lighter it gets, the more I can carry.

With all the development work that is being done for this coin, it might be time to get in again.
You dumped high so why not consider putting a small portion of those profits back in play?

So obviously the whole 5000 satoshi bottom didn't pan out.  Anybody have any link's to alleged sha-3 fpga project that was supposedly going on?  Did it get funded?

Whatever happened to the maxcoin stabilization fund that was supposed to happen between max and that other fella?  

Future not looking to bright for this coin atm imho.

max keiser's yet another prophesy did not pan out?  People still expect him to help bagholders in any other way than a tweet pump once a month?

For all those still thinking about this 'investment' I quote myself:

I dumped my max some time ago with a little loss. Here is why:

- there is no interest in this coin, it's not even on mintpal(!!!) and got delisted from poloniex
- constant inflation by miners dumping, it's annoying when you see bots auto-sell on cryptsy
-  max keiser is a f*cking doouchebag who does not care anymore, what's worse he tweeted 'blitz of announcements in june for maxcoin' which turned out to be bullshit. Instead on one of the dates of the announcements he came to mxcnow trollbox and... advertised him starting a new coin (!!!). Can this get even more retarded? Yes! he said he was going to start the coin on some tv show that day in his tweet and he was not there after all  Cheesy
- developers are some students who mastered copy paste, they can 'maintain' this coin with some diffculty but coding any innovation is way beyond them
- market maker for this coin on mxcnow seems to be gone, last pump (developers showing their progress) was so weak that looked silly

Not saying max douchebag keiser will not show up again to tweet some bullshit and start a pump but this coin is no investment.  
The truth is Maxcoin is the biggest sleeping giant out there.    Once it breaks out,  the holders of this coin will prosper tremendously!!

Someone really needs to relieve his bag  Grin
Activity: 609
DMD,XZC
agreed
legendary
Well hello there!
So obviously the whole 5000 satoshi bottom didn't pan out.  Anybody have any link's to alleged sha-3 fpga project that was supposedly going on?  Did it get funded?

Whatever happened to the maxcoin stabilization fund that was supposed to happen between max and that other fella? 

Future not looking to bright for this coin atm imho.
Pages:
Jump to: