Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 61. (Read 914218 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

We will see what happens in the coming months as payment processors have to add additional cryptos since Bitcoin cannot do the job alone.  It's tx costs are too high for lower end items and it has a limit on the amount of tx per block.  And not to mention it's slow and it takes too long for BTC to add new features like Counterparty.  It's clear to me BTC will be used as a savings coin up until it blows, crashes and burns.  Should be an unreal ride until the bible bursts in maybe 2 years or so.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
I personally believe that the current slump in altcoins is due to maxcoin.

So many hesitant investors (institutional and private) saw Max Keiser as the leading voice in cryptocurrencies. They saw rises in bitcoin, they saw rises in litecoin. All based on his commentary. They thought they'd missed the bus. They followed him into maxcoin believing they'd all make some money. They've basically lost that money. I doubt they'll be back.

I bet if you totalled the losses that people have taken by investing in maxcoin it'd be a whole lot more than anyone on this board can anticipate.

Maxcoin is the pin that burst the altcoin bubble.

Why am I saying this? I'd be interested to see the ratings for his show now compared to the start of the year. I personally believe he's lost all credibility, as well as bringing the entire crypto community/industry into disrepute.

Angry

(yes, I use deoderant)

I can't tell if this is a joke. lol.

Max bubble popped long ago and it has been worthless for months now.  The alt bubble burst over the last 45 days and over the last week again.

This is a normal Bitcoin effect which happened last November before max was ever created.  Max keiser didn't do the alt coin world any favors with his pump and dump of MAX but that didn't hurt alts as much as you're implying.  Many new investors will come on and many of the old investors will come back as well when things pick up next month.

Cheers!

It was serious, but not too serious Cheesy

I completely agree with you that it popped long ago, but I remember the fallout, and the confidence that left the market. That confidence hasn't come back since that time (DRK emergence was fun though). I guess it's not just maxcoin. There are now 462 coins on CoinMarketCap. Even though lots are virtually worthless it definitely diluting the concept of cryptocurrencies, although I guess this could also be seen as an evolution that will eventually reveal it's benefits over time. Who knows?

I think there's more going on than the bitcoin effect. Bitcoin now seems completely independent of all other cryptos even though they all exist on the same lists. BTC is now THE ONLY stable currency, and I don't see any other coin joining that club anytime soon.

Activity: 130
Merit: 10
If you have old StartCoin:
Will trade new StartCoin for OLD StartCoin at 10% premium. Example: send me 100 old StartCoin and I'll send you 110 new StartCoin. Try small amounts first, or maybe always, because I can't be sure about the state of the old blockchain.

PM me with NEW StartCoin address and send old coins to:
OLD StartCoin address: sbKxwikSiioDzunxvBbq3Jbb8AoxtKhUzs
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

MaxCoin believer,

You must be a real newbie.  I watch the max launch and it took over 1 whole week for the devs to finally release the info so others could launch and then it took some time. 

I knew devs who personally got the code working by the time they released it.  It was a total scam launch.

So the devs literally mined alone for over 1 week which was just over 1 million max coins and they owned probnaly 90% if those.  At over $2 per coin that's millions of dollars.

So you think it's hard to imagine that they gave max keiser half of those coins, or more?  And what about all the dumping after that - another couple million coins.

The fact you don't know how the launch was manipulated means you just got here a few days ago cause everyone in this community knows about the Max Keiser scam launch.

And it is shocking to me that max would back such a scammy launch given he's always screaming about hanging Banksters for ripping people off.  I lost a lot of respect for  max Keiser due to this coin and he surely knows this so I think he'll try to revive it to try and get all those people he dumped on out of their massive losses.

At least I hope he will do this to save of his damaged rep.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

So many hesitant investors (institutional and private) saw Max Keiser as the leading voice in cryptocurrencies. They saw rises in bitcoin, they saw rises in litecoin. All based on his commentary. They thought they'd missed the bus. They followed him into maxcoin believing they'd all make some money. They've basically lost that money. I doubt they'll be back.

I bet if you totalled the losses that people have taken by investing in maxcoin it'd be a whole lot more than anyone on this board can anticipate.

Why am I saying this? I'd be interested to see the ratings for his show now compared to the start of the year. I personally believe he's lost all credibility, as well as bringing the entire crypto community/industry into disrepute.

Angry

(yes, I use deoderant)

I can't tell if this is a joke. lol.

Max bubble popped long ago and it has been worthless for months now.  The alt bubble burst over the last 45 days and over the last week again.

This is a normal Bitcoin effect which happened last November before max was ever created.  Max keiser didn't do the alt coin world any favors with his pump and dump of MAX but that didn't hurt alts as much as you're implying.  Many new investors will come on and many of the old investors will come back as well when things pick up next month.

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

Angry

(yes, I use deoderant)
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
sorry mate despite how you might feel, I am not a fudster who reads every post on here looking for something to bash.. I only check in occasionally to see how my investment is sinking and I only bother to read the semi interesting posts. from the way you wrote your post you made it quite clear than you though that the only way to successfully pump and dump is with a wad of free or premined coins.. this is simply not true.

I understand the concept entirely.  If my post came across like that then silly me, but I have read it a few times now and I think the point I conveyed was that all coins have been mined into existence and I am not sure who would have had enough maxcoins to give Max Keiser to make it lucrative enough for him (considering his net worth).  They had to be mined into existence and although the devs would have had a little bit of a head start they couldn't have accumulated a vast amount before the community jumped in and started mining it.

regardless of that, nobody knows how many free coins Max kaiser was given for his promotion of the coin.. it is silly to assume he was given nothing  just as it would be silly to assume that MCXNow was given nothing for listing Max and Startcoin.

My same point again.  Who could have acquired that many maxcoin to donate?  Everyone got an equal chance to mine them from day one (more or less Smiley )

for people to claim that Max wasn't given any free Maxcoins is just as naive as claiming he was showered in free maxcoins for promoting the coin.
obviously he didn't get enough free coins because he then went on to stop promoting maxcoin and help create and promote a 50% premined coin..

The only purpose of Startcoin appears to be for the funding of projects on StartJOIN.  Maxcoin development fundraising is very popular on StartJOIN so the way I see it is that StartJOIN is a massive joke, but it seems to be used for backing projects that helps MaxCoin grow.  Donations would be the only way of funding the development of Maxcoin since the devs has an equal chance as every other miner to acquire them in the beginning.  Max Keiser uses the 50% premined startcoins to top up funding for projects on StartJOIN, although, who audits this?  There are many unanswered questions about startcoin.  I dont disagree with you about Startcoin, he seemed to abandon Maxcoin, but I think this was to push the price down for him to accumulate more and then use startcoin to boost maxcoin development.  Could be a long term plan for world domination Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Oh great, thanks for clarifying.  I obviously do know why its called a pump and dump and I don't need to watch the video.  But if YOU were not too lazy to read previous posts you would have realised it was a rhetorical question aimed towards the people who DO believe Max Keiser got free coins.  Clearly you spent much more time to find published research and construct a reply to me so you could have a go at shooting down the only part of my post that you could pick a hole in than you could have spent reading the post immediately before mine  Roll Eyes

sorry mate despite how you might feel, I am not a fudster who reads every post on here looking for something to bash.. I only check in occasionally to see how my investment is sinking and I only bother to read the semi interesting posts. from the way you wrote your post you made it quite clear than you though that the only way to successfully pump and dump is with a wad of free or premined coins.. this is simply not true.

regardless of that, nobody knows how many free coins Max kaiser was given for his promotion of the coin.. it is silly to assume he was given nothing  just as it would be silly to assume that MCXNow was given nothing for listing Max and Startcoin.

for people to claim that Max wasn't given any free Maxcoins is just as naive as claiming he was showered in free maxcoins for promoting the coin.
obviously he didn't get enough free coins because he then went on to stop promoting maxcoin and help create and promote a 50% premined coin..
Can someone please explain to me how Max Keiser could have acquired enough maxcoin to make a pump and dump profitable?  He would have to buy them, no?  Its just that Maxcoin was not premined, there were no "free coins" for anyone.  Maybe you are thinking about startcoin, which by the way seems to be used to fund projects on StartJoin that benefit MaxCoin.

you obviously don't know why they are called pump and dumps...

you don't need to have a lot of 'free' coins to pump and dump, you just need a large audience of gullible people.

first you wait for the price to be low.. then you keep your mouth shut and buy a whole stack of coins...
then you use your popularity and deceptive comments to convince other people to buy coins and the price rises.
when the price is high you dump your coins and then watch the price drop back down...

rinse and repeat.

A pump and dump scam is the illegal act of an investor or group of investors promoting a stock they hold and selling once the stock price has risen following the surge in interest as a result of the endorsement.

The stock is usually promoted as a "hot tip" or "the next big thing" with details of an upcoming news announcement that will "send the stock through the roof". The details of each individual pump and dump scam tend to be different but the scheme always boils down to a basic principal: shifting supply and demand. Pump and dump scams tend to only work on small and micro-cap stocks that are traded over the counter. These companies tend to be highly illiquid and can have sharp price movements when volume increases. The group behind the scam increase the demand and trading volume in the stock and this new inflow of investors leads to a sharp rise in its price. Once the price rise has formulated, the group will sell their position to make a large short-term gain.
http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/05/061205.asp

you can even watch the video if you are too lazy to read up on the subject...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_eISKzSITg

Oh great, thanks for clarifying.  I obviously do know why its called a pump and dump and I don't need to watch the video.  But if YOU were not too lazy to read previous posts you would have realised it was a rhetorical question aimed towards the people who DO believe Max Keiser got free coins.  Clearly you spent much more time to find published research and construct a reply to me so you could have a go at shooting down the only part of my post that you could pick a hole in than you could have spent reading the post immediately before mine  Roll Eyes
Can someone please explain to me how Max Keiser could have acquired enough maxcoin to make a pump and dump profitable?  He would have to buy them, no?  Its just that Maxcoin was not premined, there were no "free coins" for anyone.  Maybe you are thinking about startcoin, which by the way seems to be used to fund projects on StartJoin that benefit MaxCoin.

you obviously don't know why they are called pump and dumps...

you don't need to have a lot of 'free' coins to pump and dump, you just need a large audience of gullible people.

first you wait for the price to be low.. then you keep your mouth shut and buy a whole stack of coins...
then you use your popularity and deceptive comments to convince other people to buy coins and the price rises.
when the price is high you dump your coins and then watch the price drop back down...

rinse and repeat.

A pump and dump scam is the illegal act of an investor or group of investors promoting a stock they hold and selling once the stock price has risen following the surge in interest as a result of the endorsement.

The stock is usually promoted as a "hot tip" or "the next big thing" with details of an upcoming news announcement that will "send the stock through the roof". The details of each individual pump and dump scam tend to be different but the scheme always boils down to a basic principal: shifting supply and demand. Pump and dump scams tend to only work on small and micro-cap stocks that are traded over the counter. These companies tend to be highly illiquid and can have sharp price movements when volume increases. The group behind the scam increase the demand and trading volume in the stock and this new inflow of investors leads to a sharp rise in its price. Once the price rise has formulated, the group will sell their position to make a large short-term gain.
http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/05/061205.asp

you can even watch the video if you are too lazy to read up on the subject...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_eISKzSITg
Can someone please explain to me how Max Keiser could have acquired enough maxcoin to make a pump and dump profitable?  He would have to buy them, no?  Its just that Maxcoin was not premined, there were no "free coins" for anyone.  Maybe you are thinking about startcoin, which by the way seems to be used to fund projects on StartJoin that benefit MaxCoin.

I haven't seen any Pump, none, just a slow downward trend.  So who is making money?  It could only be the miners!  I doubt Max has massive mining rigs churning out Maxcoin for him when he could buy them very cheap on its way down to 5,000 sats, 4,000, 3,000 etc...  Max Keiser was claiming to be a bitcoin millionaire when the price was below $100 per BTC, so he has at least 10,000 BTC.  It could be much more, and he was already a multi millionaire long before that.  He easily has the finances to buy millions of Maxcoin and drive the price up.  He can easily place huge support orders in to hold the price high at the same time he releases news and talks about it to drive the price even higher.

Why would Max want to pump and then dump for silly amounts of money?  Look at the volume, look at the price. Duh?  Do you think someone with millions will spend hours trying to make a few hundred $ at most?  Or does he see this as his opportunity to make bitcoin #2, only this time he has a huge piece of the pie.

Many people think that being a millionaire would be enough to make them happy.  Most millionaires are not happy with their financial situation until they have more, then more, then more!  Max Keiser will most likely be aiming for the billionaire status club!

For those who don't believe that Max Keiser has the power to push a CryptoCurrency higher, just look at the announcement he made on the Keiser Report that he sees the interim price of Litecoin going to $50, days later it rocketed.  He announced it, he probably pumped it and he probably dumped it.  But why not pump and dump a coin that you don't care that much about?  He is much more tied into the development of Maxcoin (making it marketable) that any other cryptocurrency he has mentioned before.  He has direct communication with the dev, he has connections in high places (political, financial, celebrity etc..).  He controls the news for MaxCoin, he has the capital to push it, his name is on it, he probably owns boatloads of MaxCoin.  Why pump and dump when you can make it a real competitor in the crypto world by giving it perminant value and living off the initial investment?

If you were Max Keiser, what would you do?  Ignore it?  Pump it?  Dump it?...  Or would you quietly collect massive amounts of something that you can make valuable by simply going on TV and going blah, blah, blah?

You know what?  All these people who say they don't care, actually care enough to come on here in the first place and spend 15 minutes trolling on legitimate posts.  You are either an idiot or you are accumulating maxcoins for yourself while creating FUD so that honest investors lose their maxcoins to you!  For everyone else, If you believe in MaxCoin then price is irrelevant right now.  If you believe in it then accumulate as many as you are happy with while you still can.  Don't listen to the FUD because the people spreading it will be nowhere to be seen because of their embarrassment, while we are rolling in cash! Smiley

Good luck all!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

What about max Keiser, did he dump his entire free stash?  Does anyone know if he still owns or is maybe buying his coins back?  That would tell us a lot of anyone knows for sure.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Maxcoin has No features.

Maxcoin has No community

Maxcoin has No adoption

Maxcoin has No working developers/development team

Maxcoin has No exchange support/buyers, having been delisted from most of the exchanges it was previously on because of having No buyers, but tons of sellers which = no trading going on.

This coin is only a pump and dump by Max Keiser(who abandoned this coin to go and make Startcoin/Startjoin), there has been No development on this coin at all, and there is no development team working on this coin.

Maxcoin is dead and has been for a long time.

Doesn't get any more honest than this.  This coin will be dead by the middle of 2015 at the latest now I'm guessing.  Looking for my exit position on these puppies.
Maxcoin was the first popular SHA3 coin, it provided development in this area as a first-gen blockchain. It also clumsily had a very aggressive block retargeting model. These were rather fresh features at the time.

There are 600 reddit users on the subreddit and a few thousands on maxtalk (90% of the users on the forum are bots)

There were over 50000 nodes at launch, not sure how many are present now, bitcoin has 7000 now, in no way a measure of success.

The admins at maxtalk posted this list of working projects: http://www.maxtalk.org/index.php?topic=227.0

Macoin was recently added to bittrex (the opposite of delisting).

Max Keiser has no integrity, he bailed out on his old allegiance once when he quit Wall Street, what's to blame here?

I'm not a great fan of Maxcoin but similar hundreds of other altcoins had the same fate. More people try to make services based on new coins instead of reusing existing coins for some reason. And they mostly fail, adding to the graveyard.

If you consider the current price as a measure of success, it is only a reflection of the network use and security cost. If you want to have a better price, make maxcoin more useful or increase it's security.

Maxtalk....579 Posts in 120 Topics by 68245 Members. Latest Member: ljdwefdsyrozfe
479 post , even if we consider only 1000 users it's extremely low.

600 Reddit users means nothing especially with only 1 online right now.
I don't even want to go and compare it to other coins. Blackcoin has 6x times more.
Doge... no comment.

I'm alsmot willing to bet that there are no more than 100 active nodes fox maxcoin.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

So are there any active devs in this coin right now it has it Been abandoned?

I just can't believe max keiser would pump this coin to over $2 just to dump it on thousands of people who trusted him.  That makes him worse than the Banksters he likes to mock.  Sad!
Maxcoin was the first popular SHA3 coin, it provided development in this area as a first-gen blockchain. It also clumsily had a very aggressive block retargeting model. These were rather fresh features at the time.

ahem... Quark, Darkcoin and all the other mutli algo coins that came before Max had already implemented Keccak (Sha-3)

using the term Sha-3 was just a marketing gimmick to make it sound like the next generation in cryptography and nothing more.

also the block chain of most coins including Maxcoin are still secured by SHA256 hashes, it is only the Proof of Work Algorithm that uses a different algo.. so there is nothing new about Maxcoins block-chain implementation.

all maxcoin ever was, was lies and gimmicks.. when they get some real development and innovation (not just label changes) then the price will improve.. until then it will continue to slide.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
Maxcoin has No features.

Maxcoin has No community

Maxcoin has No adoption

Maxcoin has No exchange support/buyers, having been delisted from most of the exchanges it was previously on because of having No buyers, but tons of sellers which = no trading going on.

This coin is only a pump and dump by Max Keiser(who abandoned this coin to go and make Startcoin/Startjoin), there has been No development on this coin at all, and there is no development team working on this coin.

Doesn't get any more honest than this.  This coin will be dead by the middle of 2015 at the latest now I'm guessing.  Looking for my exit position on these puppies.

There are 600 reddit users on the subreddit and a few thousands on maxtalk (90% of the users on the forum are bots)

There were over 50000 nodes at launch, not sure how many are present now, bitcoin has 7000 now, in no way a measure of success.

The admins at maxtalk posted this list of working projects: http://www.maxtalk.org/index.php?topic=227.0

Macoin was recently added to bittrex (the opposite of delisting).

Max Keiser has no integrity, he bailed out on his old allegiance once when he quit Wall Street, what's to blame here?

I'm not a great fan of Maxcoin but similar hundreds of other altcoins had the same fate. More people try to make services based on new coins instead of reusing existing coins for some reason. And they mostly fail, adding to the graveyard.

If you consider the current price as a measure of success, it is only a reflection of the network use and security cost. If you want to have a better price, make maxcoin more useful or increase it's security.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Well hello there!
Maxcoin has No features.

Maxcoin has No community

Maxcoin has No adoption

legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
Die again,MAX died 100 times ,still dying,but who cares,

A coin doesn't die if its price per BTC goes down.  Try to view the decrease in price as a great opportunity to buy more coins before the next upswing Tongue
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
Die again,MAX died 100 times ,still dying,but who cares,
Pages:
Jump to: