Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 77. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I think MAX should be the new GPU coin when the ASIC kill scrypt.

X-11 sucks on Radeons
HVC sucks on Older Radeons
Scrypt-N will be mined with the scrypt ASICs

MAX works great on all Radeons.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Coindesk just posted an article about Maxcoin

New life for Maxcoin?

"Maxcoin, the altcoin championed by journalist and commentator Max Keiser, debuted to much fanfare earlier this year but stumbled following technical problems during the rollout. The price spiked to roughly $3 within days, and fell just as quickly. As of this writing, the average price for a single maxcoin is just below US$0.05. Yet, there may be renewed development taking place in the maxcoin community, according to a post on the Bitcoin Talk forum by one of the altcoin’s core developers, Luke Mitchell."

Continued: http://www.coindesk.com/advanced-algorithms-maxcoin-dogecar/
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Actually both. [...] But the client itself drifts out of sync. If I shut it down and restart, it will sync up again (now that it FINALLY downloaded the whole blockchain), but it won't stay synced. I have no idea why.
[...]
Maybe it likes Windows 8 about as well as I do Tongue Which is to say not very.
Ha, I hear ya. Though it's not all that bad if you ignore that blocks screen.  I fired it up in a VM about an hour ago and so far it both synced, and has remained in sync, currently at block 283772 - which is the latest one according to http://max.cryptoexplore.com/ as well.

Edit: Maybe your debug window / log file (see Help > Debug Window) contain some clues.

Since I replied to you, it has remained in sync. I don't know what the hell it's doing. No issues with other wallets, no issues with my service.

These issues can sometimes be system-related. Trying it on a different machine might be a good idea. I'd be happy to help you try and recover the coins and send them to an address of your choosing (if you want to risk sending me a copy of your wallet.dat that is). Not exactly good practice, sending your wallet to random stranger on the net, but it might be worth a shot.

Well, MAX was an experiment for me anyway. If I can't get it rolling using the daemon, I'll take you up on that, and you keep ten percent. Thanks for the help, all of you!
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Actually both. [...] But the client itself drifts out of sync. If I shut it down and restart, it will sync up again (now that it FINALLY downloaded the whole blockchain), but it won't stay synced. I have no idea why.
[...]
Ha, I hear ya. Though it's not all that bad if you ignore that blocks screen.  I fired it up in a VM about an hour ago and so far it both synced, and has remained in sync, currently at block 283772 - which is the latest one according to http://max.cryptoexplore.com/ as well.

Edit: Maybe your debug window / log file (see Help > Debug Window) contain some clues.

Since I replied to you, it has remained in sync. I don't know what the hell it's doing. No issues with other wallets, no issues with my service.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Despite earlier frustrations, I decided to have another go. I did finally get the new wallet to sync. Took almost a week.

I then discovered that I had made a second backup on my old computer of the original wallet.dat, replaced the new one with it, and it's corrupt. Causes it to crash without loading.

Some of you seem to think this coin is going far, and I wish you luck. It does seem to maintain a high value on the exchanges, but I simply CANNOT get it to stay in sync, even with a clean install and new wallet. It's not my machine, because I have dozens of coin wallets on it and no problems with most of them. I suppose I might mine it again in the future, but I'll use a Cryptsy wallet as the Windows client doesn't appear to function well and already cost me 27 coins. Part of that was my failure, as I did delete the damn thing in a moment of high temper, but the backup doesn't work either.

That's where it stands for me, but I would like to know if the thing just refusing to stay in sync is normal behaviour for the Windows client, and also if it works better on Mac or Linux.

Have you tried putting the wallet.dat file in the application data folder before syncing the blockchain?
Failing that, if you give me a MaxCoin address, I will send you 27 coins myself.

I have, and it hits the runaway exception right away. Same error as with the blockchain complete. I'm gonna try Vann's suggestion, probably tomorrow as I'm not home right now, and see how that goes. Thanks for the offer, but the only handout I'm looking for is knowledge. I'd like to get this thing working, just because I hate to leave things unresolved. I'm not the most tech savvy guy in the world, but I'm not on the bottom rungs either. 27 coins is not a lot. Frankly, if I get the rest of it working well, I may try mining it again. It seems to have a lot of support, trolling aside, and the algo makes it so I can sort of mine with my integrated GPU. Which leaves my gridseed and AMT/Technobit boards for other things Tongue
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
[...]

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Despite earlier frustrations, I decided to have another go. I did finally get the new wallet to sync. Took almost a week.
I then discovered that I had made a second backup on my old computer of the original wallet.dat, replaced the new one with it, and it's corrupt.
[...]
I simply CANNOT get it to stay in sync, even with a clean install and new wallet.
I'm confused - is your complaint about old wallet.dat files not being accepted by the latest client, or is it about the current client not staying in sync when you leave it running?  They are two distinctly different things.
Note that if you shut the client down, it will go out of sync by the very nature of any client. The part that makes this a tad more annoying with Maxcoin is Maxcoin's exceedingly low confirmation times.  At now about 9 minutes per block, Bitcoin might see ~160 blocks a day on average.  Mjollnircoin saw ~700 blocks due to its ~2 minute block time.  Maxcoin?  2,863 blocks.  That's a lot more to sync with.

Actually both. I'm assuming the old wallet.dat is gone. It causes a runaway exception whenever I start the client. No huge loss, just frustrating. But the client itself drifts out of sync. If I shut it down and restart, it will sync up again (now that it FINALLY downloaded the whole blockchain), but it won't stay synced. I have no idea why. I don't get this with any other client except SHA, and that coin is fubar.

It loads up fine with the latest version, but it will simply not stay in sync.

Maybe it likes Windows 8 about as well as I do Tongue Which is to say not very. I haven't tried it on a WIN 7 install, though I have an old computer lying about that I could do so with.

EDIT: The sync issue is with a clean, new wallet.dat file. No coins in it at present. I am assuming my old wallet is making the coin more valuable by not existing.

See if you can open the wallet using the maxcoind.exe daemon included with the Windows-qt. If that works you can transfer the balance to a new wallet address.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
I then discovered that I had made a second backup on my old computer of the original wallet.dat, replaced the new one with it, and it's corrupt.
[...]
I simply CANNOT get it to stay in sync, even with a clean install and new wallet.
I'm confused - is your complaint about old wallet.dat files not being accepted by the latest client, or is it about the current client not staying in sync when you leave it running?  They are two distinctly different things.
Note that if you shut the client down, it will go out of sync by the very nature of any client. The part that makes this a tad more annoying with Maxcoin is Maxcoin's exceedingly low confirmation times.  At now about 9 minutes per block, Bitcoin might see ~160 blocks a day on average.  Mjollnircoin saw ~700 blocks due to its ~2 minute block time.  Maxcoin?  2,863 blocks.  That's a lot more to sync with.

Actually both. I'm assuming the old wallet.dat is gone. It causes a runaway exception whenever I start the client. No huge loss, just frustrating. But the client itself drifts out of sync. If I shut it down and restart, it will sync up again (now that it FINALLY downloaded the whole blockchain), but it won't stay synced. I have no idea why. I don't get this with any other client except SHA, and that coin is fubar.

It loads up fine with the latest version, but it will simply not stay in sync.

Maybe it likes Windows 8 about as well as I do Tongue Which is to say not very. I haven't tried it on a WIN 7 install, though I have an old computer lying about that I could do so with.

EDIT: The sync issue is with a clean, new wallet.dat file. No coins in it at present. I am assuming my old wallet is making the coin more valuable by not existing.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
The coins up? Now 1M income?

Max Keiser said he was going to continue to be active in the support of this coin. He tweeted that this was an easy double in price.
FUN > ROI
[...]
I'm confused - is your complaint about old wallet.dat files not being accepted by the latest client, or is it about the current client not staying in sync when you leave it running?  They are two distinctly different things.
Note that if you shut the client down, it will go out of sync by the very nature of any client. The part that makes this a tad more annoying with Maxcoin is Maxcoin's exceedingly low confirmation times.  At now about 9 minutes per block, Bitcoin might see ~160 blocks a day on average.  Mjollnircoin saw ~700 blocks due to its ~2 minute block time.  Maxcoin?  2,863 blocks.  That's a lot more to sync with.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.

I then discovered that I had made a second backup on my old computer of the original wallet.dat, replaced the new one with it, and it's corrupt. Causes it to crash without loading.

Some of you seem to think this coin is going far, and I wish you luck. It does seem to maintain a high value on the exchanges, but I simply CANNOT get it to stay in sync, even with a clean install and new wallet. It's not my machine, because I have dozens of coin wallets on it and no problems with most of them. I suppose I might mine it again in the future, but I'll use a Cryptsy wallet as the Windows client doesn't appear to function well and already cost me 27 coins. Part of that was my failure, as I did delete the damn thing in a moment of high temper, but the backup doesn't work either.

That's where it stands for me, but I would like to know if the thing just refusing to stay in sync is normal behaviour for the Windows client, and also if it works better on Mac or Linux.
Activity: 13
The coins up? Now 1M income?
FUN > ROI
Pools, hash rates and miners
pool
24h Ghash/s
Activity: 54
Markets for the following coins will be delisted on May 13th: MAX in which.
Please withdraw your balance of these coins as soon as possible.
Why?
Dev still here? Where?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
I still have belief about MAX.

Apparently so does Max Keiser.
Activity: 546
I still have belief about MAX.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Only one pool is finding blocks, and the wallet moves slower than a glacier.
Well, that's not true - there's 4 major pools, with 1gh clearly being the biggest;
(click for large)

Were you going to mine with the client, though?  I'd imagine the external miners would be more efficient - and you wouldn't have to worry about how far the client has synced.

I mined at 1GH. Tried several others. I was using a rental. I generated an address with the client for payout. I shut it off after about 9 hours of it jacking up my bandwidth to download something like 100 blocks.

If there isn't a blockchain download, then I'm just out 27 coins. If the client is this slow to sync, after just a few months, then I can't see any reason why I would mine it again. It's profitablity is highly variable. It could easily become valueless before the client syncs. I should have known when the official website was not available, and I had to search the internet like crazy to find a viable download.

Lesson learned.

The truth is you are the one of many who are jacking up others' bandwidth with your outdated Maxcoin wallets. Fucking morons. How
about bookmarking Maxcoin GitHub and then occassionaly do a check to see if there is a new, updated wallet posted there?

https://github.com/Max-Coin/maxcoin/releases

IP addresses of some morons still using wallets 0.9.0 or 0.8.9 while majority of network switched to 0.9.1 like a month ago, hillarious!

MAX:24.117.44.193-24.117.44.193
MAX:50.112.247.178-50.112.247.178
MAX:54.197.250.241-54.197.250.241
MAX:68.57.168.201-68.57.168.201
MAX:75.76.64.99-75.76.64.99
MAX:79.169.99.180-79.169.99.180
MAX:82.161.30.232-82.161.30.232
MAX:83.227.56.248-83.227.56.248
MAX:85.25.226.218-85.25.226.218
MAX:94.23.17.67-94.23.17.67
MAX:107.170.13.8-107.170.13.8
MAX:118.218.198.107-118.218.198.107
MAX:124.230.1.161-124.230.1.161
MAX:144.76.225.228-144.76.225.228
MAX:188.230.156.179-188.230.156.179
MAX:198.211.126.32-198.211.126.32
MAX:208.52.161.241-208.52.161.241
MAX:220.120.26.170-220.120.26.170

Blacklisted on firewall, you ain't gonna drain my bandwidth anymore, irresponsible dumbasses. Now f-off!  Grin

i like your style and your message content was informative useful and entertaining..
you sir need to comment more Smiley

i was just running around in circles trying to figure out what the deal is with my wallet lol
It's old and didn't want to load up and i was having a hard time finding info about on update on Max's site or on the OP's original post here.
In defense of people like me it would go along way if they updated that shit to let new guys who come along etc there was a wallet update.
There is too many shit coins we can't be scouring Github all the time for possible future updates..
especially when most never get one lol
can you say P&D ? hahha
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
I call bullshit... in the first 2 days of launch there was only linux source code available which you had to compile yourself... It was a bitch to compile it under windows but I did get it working by the second day and I am a developer with 10+ years of experience in windows Dev (but a newb with linux) so I am certainly not Average Joe and even I had troubles.... secondly there was no GPU miner for many days after that. First it was cuda then openCL... all cobbled together by the community with nothing provided by the devs... and to top it all off... virtually no working pools for many days after that because they were all being taken down by DDOS.

1) Windows and linux miner sources plus compiled wallets were available for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms right from the start.
2) 1GH and ypool both had working minerd executables available for download from their pool websites in very short order for those unable to compile the source themselves.
3) Cudaminer was also available almost from the get-go. There is even a section in the latest version of the cudaminer readme that verifies this if you cared to check.
4) It's not the devs fault the early pools got DDoS'd
5) "all cobbled together by the community" - you have been a dev for 10 years yet still don't understand the concepts of community driven open-source development?

Again I call bullshit...
BCX has been slamming this coin since day one... when did he magically turn around?

Someone clearly enjoys calling bullshit on stuff he patently knows nothing about:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/delete-601493

Quote from: trdiablo
On Twitter there are also a lot of fake accounts like "maxcoingirl" that are paid to promote this shitcoin.

maxcoingirl is from the Netherlands and has been an active contributor to the maxcoin community from very early on. She has even released a video on youtube of herself talking about Maxcoin. If you read anything that she has published, you would know that she is a passionate supporter of the coin. But hate-trolls don't care about the facts, they just throw baseless accusations around all day with no evidence or proof to back any of it up.

Quote from: trdiablo
Evertyhing I said in my previous posts I can prove with the twitter posts of "maxcoinproject" from around that date.

Then lets see it!
"I have proof but I'm not telling you what it is!"
Pathetic.

He (BCX) has held the fucking scammer MAX prick accountable.. go read that link you posted.
I have been right along with BCX on all those same topics with him saying the same thing,
so no don't even try and spin bs with me buddy.. the guy you quoted is lazer beam accurate and on the money period.

your peddling and spinning bullshit.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

I am upfront and honest about my motives. I am invested in MaxCoin and I am developing services within the ecosystem. I want to help it succeed and I am defending it's reputation out of SELF-interest. Nobody is paying me. A better question is why do YOU hate MaxCoin to such an extent that you are willing to waste your time trolling this thread? What interest are YOU serving?

Dishonest criticism stands out like a sore thumb.

In my honest opinion, MaxCoin does not deserve the bashing it is getting from people like you. Perhaps thats why the devs have remained silent in the face of this irrationality. They do not want to have to stoop to level that you are willing to in other to further your own interest. Most of the criticism MAX has received is not even worth the effort of responding to.

Mate I wasnt bashing Maxcoin I was being critical of you for speading BS and sugar coating what was a horrid launch.
The launch was far from fair and easy for the average Joe and you know it so cut the crap.

From day one max shiester and the devs have fostered a culture of greed.. and in the end you reap what you sow.

If you want clear examples of this then go back and look at Max Kaisers early tweets.. he said stupid things like "Maxcoin cap to hit 20 million in a few months" and "Fairest launch ever" and all this while there were reams and reams of complaints from users on this thread. just go back and read it before you go calling me a liar.

so many people got sucked into the hype which came directly from Max Kaiser and lost lots of their time and money so who could blame them for being angry?

I haven't lost any money yet so I'm not one of those angry people... but I really dislike people who live in ivory towers and live in blissful ignorance while everyone else ends up shovelling through shit.

if you want further proof of the greed culture within this community... keep reading this thread and see how many nice people actually go about helping each other... everyone is in it for themselves....  right up to the point that they even managed to get the devs to halve the block reward so that current coin holders benefit while future miners get screwed...

and even with the threat of having their coins spent by a 51% attack, people wont even move off 1GH because all they want is as many coins as they can get....

I don't have to give you more examples.. you can just go back and read it all for yourself and just keep reading as the plot unfolds.. or you can just keep on living in blissful ignorance and have people calling you out every time you say something that is clearly contrary to most peoples experiences.

If you want to heal and grow this community that's your prerogative... but you wont win any fans by ignoring all the problems and sugar coating everything... and the devs + mr shiester certainly wont win any trust by hiding in the corner and not answering to their critics.

is it too much to expect a little professionalism from a team which is fronted by a guy who has his own tv show and claims to have invented virtual currency?

unlike you I am not "SELF-interested".. I serve the community by telling it like it was..
I just call BS when I see it.. stop talking BS and ill stop calling it.

and yes I do post memes for comical entertainment.... but that's hardly trolling... its just to make people laugh so they don't get too serious and bitchy about everything that is said on forums by random pseudononimous people that they have never met and are never likely to meet....

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
1) Windows and linux miner sources plus compiled wallets were available for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms right from the start.
2) 1GH and ypool both had working minerd executables available for download from their pool websites in very short order for those unable to compile the source themselves.

That was several days AFTER launch which was already delayed more than 48 hours... that was not within 24 hours... and did you forget to mention YPool dropped maxcoin within days too so their miner became useless because it only works with ypool.

3) Cudaminer was also available almost from the get-go. There is even a section in the latest version of the cudaminer readme that verifies this if you cared to check.

actually no it wasn't.. some guy was selling it to a select inner circle untill someone else released it to the community several days later if you cared to actually check.

4) It's not the devs fault the early pools got DDoS'd

No but having enough pools ready so that DDOS cant screw your coin launch by shutting them all down at once is a no brainer. Its called redundancy.

5) "all cobbled together by the community" - you have been a dev for 10 years yet still don't understand the concepts of community driven open-source development?

open source code is usually developed by academics and enthusiasts not professional developers and certainly not windows developers like me. launching a coin with working miners and working GUI wallet is a prety darn obvious first step for a high profile launch.

Someone clearly enjoys calling bullshit on stuff he patently knows nothing about:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/delete-601493

Oh Really? well someone clearly enjoys posting links to threads that they know nothing about..
How about you go back and read what BCX actually says on that thread.

The only thing that has changed in my opinion is that Maxcoin isn't dead and will make a huge comeback.

I fucking hate Max Keiser but I do have to admit he has the star power to promote a crypto coin if he wants and he has clearly indicated to me, he will be back.

~BCX~

Sure looks like he supports Maxcoin, I think you will find that his position changes with the wind depending on whether he is buying or selling. That has nothing to do with supporting maxcoin at all..

Pathetic.

yes you are, bcx was clearly benefiting financially from his posts... so who is paying you?

and if you know so much about the inner circle of the maxcoin group why didn't you answer my question... where are the devs and why aren't they talking?

EDIT.. oh no wait.. there is one post from the devs on that thread by BCX... wow 1 post in how many weeks.. (or is it months?).....

Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org