Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 73. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Nothing is hard if you hire the right people, indeed. It is just not necessarily economical and, well, hard to get things done as your Labcoin example shows.

indeed and people (especially engineers and chip designers) is something china has in abundance.

Labcoin failed because it was run by failed business people who hired a student to do their work for them.
that speaks more of the incompetence of management than it does the complexity of the task.

but you are right.... Maxcoin has to be actually worth something before people will bother making ASICs for it.

DRK on the other hand IS worth something... and so you can safely assume that X11 ASIC designs will become part of the landscape before too long...

So it wont take much for someone to hack the X11 miner software to just hash Keccak.

took me about 2 days when I tried it... but by the time I had finished someone else had already released a working miner that did it better...

Keccak is not ASIC resistant and never was... it just never made sense for anyone with deep pockets to bother.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
why not? how hard do you think it is to modify a reference design?
Pretty hard, hashing a stream is a totally different task from PoW search.

you know the chinese guy who designed the Sha 256 ASIC chip for Labcoin ( A company which failed and then turned out to be a scam) took a reference design and completed his own chip design in 8 weeks.

its not hard to get a working prototype ASIC if you hire people with the right chip design skills.

the more difficult part is tuning the chip and getting good die yields so it can be mass produced cheaply.

maybe its hard for you.... but not difficult for someone who has money and knows how to get a highly skilled design team together...

people who assume that there aren't teams already working on ASICs trying to preempt the market are just living under a rock.

X11 ASICs will be next after Scrypt and Scrypt-N... and guess what's in X11....
Nothing is hard if you hire the right people, indeed. It is just not necessarily economical and, well, hard to get things done as your Labcoin example shows.
and in later news Keccak enabled ASICs have already been designed. as for when someone will be likely to mass produce them.. that's only a matter of economics.

They have designed a nuclear fusion reactor also. As for when it will be mass produced, thats only a matter of economics.

yeah but you can't build a nuclear fusion reactor with just 5 people...  Wink if you could then we'd all have nuclear fusion by now... and that would be awesome..

I think I can hear wedding bells...

you know the chinese guy who designed the Sha 256 ASIC chip for Labcoin ( A company which failed and then turned out to be a scam) took a reference design and completed his own chip design in 8 weeks.

its not hard to get a working prototype ASIC if you hire people with the right chip design skills.

the more difficult part is tuning the chip and getting good die yields so it can be mass produced cheaply.

maybe its hard for you.... but not difficult for someone who has money and knows how to get a highly skilled design team together...

people who assume that there aren't teams already working on ASICs trying to preempt the market are just living under a rock.

X11 ASICs will be next after Scrypt and Scrypt-N... and guess what's in X11....
and in later news Keccak enabled ASICs have already been designed. as for when someone will be likely to mass produce them.. that's only a matter of economics.

Care to post a link? One that is not about NIST reference hardware designs, these are not exactly applicable to the coin.

Care to post a link? One that is not about NIST reference hardware designs, these are not exactly applicable to the coin.
GPU miners appear to be quite ignorant of the fundamentals of cryptocurrency. Meh, Keccak FPGA's are probably nearing the horizon anyway. I know of at least one group who are looking into this.

the miners are not ignorant, it is the bagholders that are. The miners are just being greedy.

people who mine their Max and then dump them straight onto exchanges aren't affected in the slightest by a 51% attack.

51% is like musical chairs.. its only those people who are left standing with a bag full of coins when it happens that get hurt..

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
with such an active "fan" on the thread,
While you use the sarcastic quotes, it's actually relatively apt. in that I'm not a fan of either the coin or a given pool.  I certainly don't deal in MaxCoin, myself, and I'm only doing the graphs as a favor to another pool.  And since you seem to be under a certain impression...

slandering and shitting all over the other pools
...you should check my post history - I think you'll quickly find that I have no personal preference of one pool over another and have suggested people use different pools on many occasions.  Your ad hominem is misplaced.  The only thing I'll happily defend about 1gh is in comparison to e.g. MPOS-based pools, and is a sentiment that is shared by many: logins and accounts are annoying.  Not something that can't be overcome, but given the choice, most people just as soon use a no-account-needed pool.
1gh is not alone in that, mind you - DwarfPool and RocketPool follow the same model, and I applaud them for it.

this happens automatically, miners didn't even noticed something wrong
Then they really should pay more attention - otherwise, perhaps they're not even aware that they're feeding the > 50% issue Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Another thing I noticed is that just like BCX predicted, Keiser is firmly back on the Maxcoin bandwagon.

man that guy is on Crack....

I'm waiting for Kaiser to get a Nobel Peace prize  Grin

yeap maxcoin is going to save the world  Grin
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Another thing I noticed is that just like BCX predicted, Keiser is firmly back on the Maxcoin bandwagon.

Maxcoin is going to save the world lol

MaxCoin    $ 1,290,080    $ 0.062296    20,708,760 MAX    $ 35,086    -5.35 %
forget it!
Ayn Rand would consider this a virtue...

perhaps he does deserve a Nobel Peace Prize.

If that's the case, then I think King Midas would disagree with Ayn Rand.

perhaps you should get rid of Stacy and marry Max yourself... then you could live together happily ever after.  Grin

after all .. nothing should be able to get between you and your precious...  Wink
Activity: 658
Admin of DwarfPool.com
this just meant, while gh's server was down, miners were automatically switched to failover servers on the other pools, and switched back when it was up again, nothing about service or sth else
Well you have to wonder why one pool is the primary, and another is the failover

with such an active "fan" on the thread, slandering and shitting all over the other pools, as well as with devs who didnt care about the concentration the whole hashrate in one hands, no I really dont wonder about why one pool is the primary Smiley

and why miners, when faced with such an event (assuming they pay some attention to things), don't consider swapping them around.

this happens automatically, miners didn't even noticed something wrong
FUN > ROI
Pools, hash rates and miners
pool
24h Ghash/s

Maxcoin is going to save the world lol

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
maxpay is coming!

MaxPay will allow merchants to accept Maxcoin from their customers via a MaxPay gateway, and allow merchants to instantaneously convert their Maxcoins to fiat currency. This approach will be very similar to that of BitPay, which is now one of the largest payment processors of Bitcoin.

https://www.startjoin.com/MaxPayCash

Good news! Thanks.

https://www.startjoin.com/MaxPayCash, Not $1 in funding received so far. MAXCOIN IS DEAD

The only way this coin is going to die is if Max Keiser closes his Twitter account.

In theory the coin can't be killed if there is one adept still mining it with his computer and maintains a full node.
And even if he shuts down his gear and the coin is "dead" it will revive just as simple when another miner pics up the task.

So , even if Max closes his tweeter account the coin won't be dead.

But the hype has long gone and the people who were in for the quick $ are not looking back. Who are the rest? Max followers? I think lots of them have abandoned him just like he abandoned quark and then maxcoin.

The only left are bagholders , and their dreams of revival.

this just meant, while gh's server was down, miners were automatically switched to failover servers on the other pools, and switched back when it was up again, nothing about service or sth else
Well you have to wonder why one pool is the primary, and another is the failover - and why miners, when faced with such an event (assuming they pay some attention to things), don't consider swapping them around.

a lot of miners aren't bag holders.. if you mine and dump then 51% attack is not your problem... it becomes the problem of the person buying and the exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
The only way this coin is going to die is if Max Keiser closes his Twitter account.

kill two birds with one stone - that would be awesome...
FUN > ROI
Well you have to wonder why one pool is the primary, and another is the failover - and why miners, when faced with such an event (assuming they pay some attention to things), don't consider swapping them around.
maxpay is coming!

MaxPay will allow merchants to accept Maxcoin from their customers via a MaxPay gateway, and allow merchants to instantaneously convert their Maxcoins to fiat currency. This approach will be very similar to that of BitPay, which is now one of the largest payment processors of Bitcoin.

https://www.startjoin.com/MaxPayCash

Good news! Thanks.

https://www.startjoin.com/MaxPayCash, Not $1 in funding received so far. MAXCOIN IS DEAD

this community is one of the greediest I have ever seen... I'm not surprised that nobody donated to get this project off the ground.
doesn't mean the coin is dead yet..   just dying a slow and painful death until someone breathes life into the community.....
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org