Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 74. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Admin of DwarfPool.com
^^^^^ So that's what happens when 1gh has a glitch - temporary exodus to other pools Cheesy ^^^^^

It means 1gh has the ability to do a double spend and 51% attack on Maxcoin(i.e they can spend double more maxcoin than they have, and fork the maxcoin network to nothingness). This coin has no future.
No, the fact that they have more than 51% of the hashing power means that.

The temporary exodus means that miners are fickle creatures and can and will hop pools as soon as they smell something being off.. but then flock right back again to the pool that has served them best (be that actually the case, or psychological).

Just to address 1gh's > 50%, though.. they have that on many (all?) coins they offer pools for.  It's actually in their best interest not to abuse that power on any single coin, as they stand to lose more than they stand to gain.  It would be an unwise proposition at best.  While I understand people's concerns about any one actor having more than half the network hashing power behind it, those concerns are often misguided. ( don't make me a liar, 1gh Wink )

this just meant, while gh's server was down, miners were automatically switched to failover servers on the other pools, and switched back when it was up again, nothing about service or sth else
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
Another thing I noticed is that just like BCX predicted, Keiser is firmly back on the Maxcoin bandwagon.

legendary
Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020
Get Rekt
https://www.startjoin.com/MaxPayCash, Not $1 in funding received so far. MAXCOIN IS DEAD

startjoin doesnt have a TON of traffic, yet.

The coin is fine, the only "celb" coin approved by the person that it is about. Murry, Colbert, Tak, Ron Paul, none of those coins have the person behind them. Go on another thread and talk about the darkcoin instamine or cinni instastake.

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
maxpay is coming!

MaxPay will allow merchants to accept Maxcoin from their customers via a MaxPay gateway, and allow merchants to instantaneously convert their Maxcoins to fiat currency. This approach will be very similar to that of BitPay, which is now one of the largest payment processors of Bitcoin.

https://www.startjoin.com/MaxPayCash

Good news! Thanks.

https://www.startjoin.com/MaxPayCash, Not $1 in funding received so far. MAXCOIN IS DEAD

The only way this coin is going to die is if Max Keiser closes his Twitter account.
Activity: 770
maxpay is coming!

MaxPay will allow merchants to accept Maxcoin from their customers via a MaxPay gateway, and allow merchants to instantaneously convert their Maxcoins to fiat currency. This approach will be very similar to that of BitPay, which is now one of the largest payment processors of Bitcoin.

Good news! Thanks.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
maxpay is coming!

Good news! Thanks.
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
^^^^^ So that's what happens when 1gh has a glitch - temporary exodus to other pools Cheesy ^^^^^

It means 1gh has the ability to do a double spend and 51% attack on Maxcoin(i.e they can spend double more maxcoin than they have, and fork the maxcoin network to nothingness). This coin has no future.
No, the fact that they have more than 51% of the hashing power means that.

The temporary exodus means that miners are fickle creatures and can and will hop pools as soon as they smell something being off.. but then flock right back again to the pool that has served them best (be that actually the case, or psychological).

Just to address 1gh's > 50%, though.. they have that on many (all?) coins they offer pools for.  It's actually in their best interest not to abuse that power on any single coin, as they stand to lose more than they stand to gain.  It would be an unwise proposition at best.  While I understand people's concerns about any one actor having more than half the network hashing power behind it, those concerns are often misguided. ( don't make me a liar, 1gh Wink )
Activity: 770

FUN > ROI
FUN > ROI
Pools, hash rates and miners
pool
24h Ghash/s
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
maxpay is coming!

Very, very cool.

No , it's not coming!

It's just a start-up project that might not even get 100$ in funding.

And it hasn't received any backers for the first week.

Thanks for your opinion, Mr. Positivity. You must be one of those 'glass half empty' types. If everyone was as cynical and nihilistic as you, nothing would ever get done.

Mister glass is always full , I've seen this kind of announces so often I can't treat any of them seriously.

First thing first:

1) Who's posting
Newbie with 4 posts , 3 begging for coins and this one out of the blue
2) The project itself , nothing professional in the description , more like a copy paste , and from the name and the way he writes looks like a indian "dev" from GAF.
3) Why it's a newbie announcing this and not somebody deep involved in it.

Think about the other big announces
1) Quark payments. Big announce nothing happened  you have to be pessimistic about this one too as it comes in the same situation (price drop/lost of interests).

Based on this I think that project it's a scam aim at gaining some money or donations from the max supporters and deliver a non working alpha beta zeta program.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Thanks for your opinion, Mr. Positivity. You must be one of those 'glass half empty' types. If everyone was as cynical and nihilistic as you, nothing would ever get done.

time to break out your bicycle pump again..  things r looking a little flat atm.. Wink
legendary
Blackjack.fun
maxpay is coming!

No , it's not coming!

It's just a start-up project that might not even get 100$ in funding.

And it hasn't received any backers for the first week.
FUN > ROI
Pools, hash rates and miners
pool
24h Ghash/s
Activity: 688
maxpay is coming!

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Apart from quoting a scammer or a troll :0 you have to agree that the market cap is going down , down and down.
I remember it being 4x times bigger a few months ago.

And this with an increasing number of coins on the market.
The same stood for Bitcoin itself for the whole 3 months. Is it dead?

If you compare bitcoin to maxcoin...I'm not sure if you're trolling or just being plain P.J. Fry.
Look on how the rats fled from the ship and only a few bagholder keep dreaming and look what happend in the bitcoin area.

The price went down but services after services are opened and millions invested, in case of maxcoin?
I am just pointing out the that you cannot call a coin dead just because its valuation is going down over (even extended) period of time. Of course it might be not interesting for PnD kinds anymore, but who needs the ignorant greedy kids anyway?

Besides, something positive might or might not happen behind the curtains to Maxcoin. We shall see soon.
legendary
Blackjack.fun

Apart from quoting a scammer or a troll :0 you have to agree that the market cap is going down , down and down.

If you compare bitcoin to maxcoin...I'm not sure if you're trolling or just being plain P.J. Fry.
Look on how the rats fled from the ship and only a few bagholder keep dreaming and look what happend in the bitcoin area.

The price went down but services after services are opened and millions invested, in case of maxcoin?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

legendary
Blackjack.fun
THIS COIN IS DEAD!

1,282,929 dollar (the market cap of maxcoin) says you're full of shit.
Come on, look who you are talking to: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5704487
Look.

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
F * * *,  have been in decline
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org