Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 82. (Read 914218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Only one pool is finding blocks, and the wallet moves slower than a glacier.
Well, that's not true - there's 4 major pools, with 1gh clearly being the biggest;
(click for large)

Were you going to mine with the client, though?  I'd imagine the external miners would be more efficient - and you wouldn't have to worry about how far the client has synced.

I mined at 1GH. Tried several others. I was using a rental. I generated an address with the client for payout. I shut it off after about 9 hours of it jacking up my bandwidth to download something like 100 blocks.

If there isn't a blockchain download, then I'm just out 27 coins. If the client is this slow to sync, after just a few months, then I can't see any reason why I would mine it again. It's profitablity is highly variable. It could easily become valueless before the client syncs. I should have known when the official website was not available, and I had to search the internet like crazy to find a viable download.

Lesson learned.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Only one pool is finding blocks, and the wallet moves slower than a glacier.
Well, that's not true - there's 4 major pools, with 1gh clearly being the biggest;
(click for large)

Were you going to mine with the client, though?  I'd imagine the external miners would be more efficient - and you wouldn't have to worry about how far the client has synced.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
MaxCoin's very low confirmation times means there's a metric crapton that you may have to catch up on.  I was working on some graphs off and on, and libre definitely isn't enjoying loading that many data points.

Is there a download of the blockchain someplace?

But is it syncing or it got stucked??

Before I gave up and just decided that I lost the day's mining, it was synching. About a block every five minutes, from a fresh install. Only one pool is finding blocks, and the wallet moves slower than a glacier.

Great job on this one, Max.
FUN > ROI
Only you can know - check out if the process is seeing any network traffic (task manager, if using windows, has that data somewhere).
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
MaxCoin's very low confirmation times means there's a metric crapton that you may have to catch up on.  I was working on some graphs off and on, and libre definitely isn't enjoying loading that many data points.

legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.

FUN > ROI
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
does this thing EVER synch? It's been at 10 weeks behind for seven hours. It's slowly loading a block here and there... 10 connections, too.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006
Mining Pool Hub
Maxcoin Mining Pool Hub

http://maxcoin.miningpoolhub.com

Come and mine with us.

Our pool hashrate is 240.36GH/s.
The most largest pool except 1gh.
Don't worry finding blocks. We find blocks about every 7 minutes.

We're having lucky block finding these days.

Last Hour : 63.63%
Last 24 Hours : 93.82%

Full block stats : http://maxcoin.miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

http://maxcoin.miningpoolhub.com
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006
Mining Pool Hub
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
I need some help testing a new social network for crypto enthusiasts called CoinSocial.net. The website just went online yesterday and is now ready for testing.

My idea was to build a social network free of advertising with a robust back-end and premium feature set. This will eventually require a tiny annual fee per user to become sustainable.

One thing I've observed is how fragmented the cryptocurrency community has become. So this website will welcome the entire altcoin population and serve as a hub for sharing ideas, tech support, and efficient networking.

To help attract beta testers I'm offering a 99% MaxCoin discount that will extend through the entire month of May 2014. So basically you get a free one-year membership (cost will be around 6 cents) for helping test the system if you pay in MAX.

Please understand that this is just the second day of beta testing so expect a few bugs. Here's the link: https://www.coinsocial.net

Thank you and I hope to see a few of you there! :-)

Cool, looks interesting. Signed up
Activity: 13
I need some help testing a new social network for crypto enthusiasts called CoinSocial.net. The website just went online yesterday and is now ready for testing.

My idea was to build a social network free of advertising with a robust back-end and premium feature set. This will eventually require a tiny annual fee per user to become sustainable.

One thing I've observed is how fragmented the cryptocurrency community has become. So this website will welcome the entire altcoin population and serve as a hub for sharing ideas, tech support, and efficient networking.

To help attract beta testers I'm offering a 99% MaxCoin discount that will extend through the entire month of May 2014. So basically you get a free one-year membership (cost will be around 6 cents) for helping test the system if you pay in MAX.

Please understand that this is just the second day of beta testing so expect a few bugs. Here's the link: https://www.coinsocial.net

Thank you and I hope to see a few of you there! :-)
Idiots still support this crap? Max Keiser admitted to this being a pump and dump scheme already...guess there are just enough suckers in the world to keep this coin barely alive huh.

When and Where? What did Keiser say?
Idiots still support this crap? Max Keiser admitted to this being a pump and dump scheme already...guess there are just enough suckers in the world to keep this coin barely alive huh.

Yep... Although I suppose it will be pumped some time in the future. Of course its going to have to come down a TON in price for the pumpers to scoop at worth while rates...
Activity: 770
FUN > ROI
It's missing a bunch of pools some even as big as 200+ GH/s. To mention one, there's max3.coinedpool.com and then there's a few Chinese pools.
Does anybody have an up-to-date list of pools anyway?

The official site - http://www.maxcoin.co.uk/pools - is horribly outdated.
FUN > ROI
First off, max.cryptpool.eu is completely unreliable when it comes to the pool list and hashrate distribution.
Well right now it seems to be completely broken Wink

When it's not, though, it can only make an estimate based on blocks submitted and knowing who submitted the block - missing pools simply show up under 'other', and unless pools are submitting blocks ID'd and not-ID'd, the hash rate estimation for a given pool shouldn't be terrible either.  Not accurate - especially if it's a pool that hasn't found very many blocks lately - but not terrible;
pool/estimate1ghpoolhubsuprnovadwarfpoolmaxcoinNZ
max.cryptpool.eu (block based)2407.4210.9111.999.714.7
pools (share based)2405.5208.561.196.412.9
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
What they should have done in the beginning is closing registration while increasing their fees every few days until their population/hashrate would get in line. But they are assholes who doesn't get that even if they had the safest pool, nobody fucking want to rely on someone else's promise. I wonder how MAX would do today if 1gh didn't cripple it...

It's obvious, by what you're implying, that you haven't used 1gh... there's no registration, it's an anonymous pool  Roll Eyes
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Cryptomancer
So everyone knows about the 1gh.com problem and shrugs.  A week later and they have 75%.  Really glad to see 365coin stepping up their game, because as far as Keccak coins go, MAXcoin sucks.  I hate to be a troll, but I'm seriously disillusioned.  Screw you guys, I'm out.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Pages:
Jump to: