Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch Plan w/ exact times, gonna be a wild week MEOW! - page 3. (Read 12918 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Activity: 662
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.
Coins on exchanges are perfectly safe. As long as they backup their wallet data (which should be done during any upgrade) they can run the new wallet right on top of the old one. There is no need to pull coins from anywhere. I have coins on CoinedUp and I'm not moving them, there is no need to.

Also many of the major pools have already upgraded, they can vouch for how easy the upgrade is.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Hello Mates,

By all this updating,relaunch..
are the coins on exchanges save ? (specially coinedup)
do i have to remove it ?
please share info Smiley)))
Activity: 346
Merit: 251
There can be only one!
So, can I just mine this in any kittehpool, or is there a hard fork coming where the pool operators will need to be on the ball? Is there a list of new pools which have been keeping their code up to date? [edit: I only have 100kH/s, so I need a fairly large pool to even see anything]

I would suggest http://kitteh.247mining.com/. Already updated to latest.
Pools have a bit of time to switch, but there will be a point where they run out of time.
More details at re-launch.
Awesome ! thanks ^_^ I now have 5 meow coin. Meow to 500 we can do it!!

Go to reddit. Tip bot was just launched and people are slap happy. /r/Kittehcoin
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
So, can I just mine this in any kittehpool, or is there a hard fork coming where the pool operators will need to be on the ball? Is there a list of new pools which have been keeping their code up to date? [edit: I only have 100kH/s, so I need a fairly large pool to even see anything]

Pools have a bit of time to switch, but there will be a point where they run out of time.
Awesome ! thanks ^_^ I now have 5 meow coin. Meow to 500 we can do it!!
Activity: 285
I'm supporting Kittehcoin since the very beginning, but I fear that if the relaunch does not include a new diff retarget algorithm, we will have once again the same story of multipools switching on/off it and making this coin stuck in a high diff for multiple hours if not a days.
This didn't really happened yet because this coin is only listed on coinedup and hashcow "only" has 2GH/s. Once it will be listed on coinwarz and cryptsy/coinex, middlecoin will start to hit it, doubling or tripling the net hashrate easily, if not more.
Diff will then jump to something like 300 to 500 after only a few minutes, and then everybody will stop mining it, letting the coin stuck to this diff for maybe one full day (see the catcoin story).

Again, this didn't happen yet because kittehcoin is only listed on coinedup.
Even fedoracoin which didn't have this kind of problem on coinedup now have them, with a very short 10 blocks retarget diff.

The only thing that could avoid this problem without a proper diff retarget algo, is already having 20 or 30 GH/s on the network without major multipools, like what DOGE had 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Highest I have seen for kitteh was 21 GH/s and it did not cause any problems. Just saying.

I hope, I'have seen too many coins having major issues with diff retargets, even when it's supposed to happen once every hour.

Middlecoin can have an impact much greater than any other pool, it's always surprising when they hit your coin and you see diff jumps you've never seen before.
I'm speaking of hashrate jumps like from 5GH/s to 25GH/s in 5s, for ~10mn, then back to 5GH/s with a diff of 350. You'll then have to wait 5 hours before the next retarget, hoping the network hashrate stays the same during this time.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I'm supporting Kittehcoin since the very beginning, but I fear that if the relaunch does not include a new diff retarget algorithm, we will have once again the same story of multipools switching on/off it and making this coin stuck in a high diff for multiple hours if not a days.
This didn't really happened yet because this coin is only listed on coinedup and hashcow "only" has 2GH/s. Once it will be listed on coinwarz and cryptsy/coinex, middlecoin will start to hit it, doubling or tripling the net hashrate easily, if not more.
Diff will then jump to something like 300 to 500 after only a few minutes, and then everybody will stop mining it, letting the coin stuck to this diff for maybe one full day (see the catcoin story).

Even fedoracoin which didn't have this kind of problem on coinedup now has it, with a very short 10 blocks retarget diff.

The only thing that could avoid this problem without a proper diff retarget algo, is already having 20 or 30 GH/s on the network without major multipools, like what DOGE had 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I agree the Multipools *SUCK* in this regard but it shouldn't be too big of a problem with KittehCoin.  Diff retarget is already pretty short at 1hr, even if the hashrate tripled and then backed off to "normal" we would only be looking at a 3hr retarget window to get back to the proper diff.
legendary

Even fedoracoin which didn't have this kind of problem on coinedup now have them, with a very short 10 blocks retarget diff.

Highest I have seen for kitteh was 21 GH/s and it did not cause any problems. Just saying.
Activity: 285

Even fedoracoin which didn't have this kind of problem on coinedup now has it, with a very short 10 blocks retarget diff.

legendary
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002
hashco switched from meow to rpc, they have 2gh/s

https://hashco.ws/stats/
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Is it that hard to announce the hard fork block # ?
OR are we already living in a period which [crypto-]people are too dumb to understand that number, hence its not announced ?!  Huh

not bashin this, & i like this coin but one of the most valuable piece of information is missing from the announcement & nobody cared to ask. [LOL]

From pitythepool :
block 131,913 ?? Rly ?

~ peAce

I'm sure it will  be mentioned in the actual Relaunch announcement.
BTW, in a flash the Net hashrate jumped to 12GH/s, now dropping a bit to 10
legendary
OR are we already living in a period which [crypto-]people are too dumb to understand that number, hence its not announced ?!  Huh

not bashin this, & i like this coin but one of the most valuable piece of information is missing from the announcement & nobody cared to ask. [LOL]

From pitythepool :
block 131,913 ?? Rly ?

~ peAce

We have not re-launched yet. patience Smiley
ebi
Activity: 61
Merit: 10

From pitythepool :
block 131,913 ?? Rly ?

~ peAce
Activity: 532
Should I take my coins off coined up before the relaunch? Or will they be updating immediately?

You don't need to worry, I don't know when they are upgrading their wallet but it should have ZERO impact on your coins. I have coins there too, so if they f* it up I'll know! I'm already mining at meow.pitythepool.com, v0.6.4.1 hell yea! Nice work Mortimer Wink

Thanks - just need more hashrate so I can actually find some blocks!  Smiley   http://meow.pitythepool.com
legendary
Activity: 1036
Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.
Should I take my coins off coined up before the relaunch? Or will they be updating immediately?

You don't need to worry, I don't know when they are upgrading their wallet but it should have ZERO impact on your coins. I have coins there too, so if they f* it up I'll know! I'm already mining at meow.pitythepool.com, v0.6.4.1 hell yea! Nice work Mortimer Wink
Activity: 540
legendary
Activity: 2086
As promised despite selling out a while back, I re-bought 5000 MEOW and went on a tipping spree on reddit. So far 3500 MEOW have been collected by people who I am sure have never heard of kittehcoin before, and several of whom I know to be big tipbot users themselves (in Bitcoin) so they are likely to re-tip.  The remaining 1500 are pending, probably by people who dont use reddit every day or are not yet able to figure out how to redeem the kittehcoin, or have no clue in general Smiley   About half a dozen people asked me for more info or followed up with a comment in other ways.  Most tips were an average of 200, if you tip 50 or 100 that's nice and all but it's such a small amount that very few people will bother to figure out how to redeem. I tipped about 1/3 in dogecoin subreddit, and that one got the most consistent response and redemption pattern (not surprisingly)

People sitting on millions of MEOW or more, if I can do this holding -zero- MEOW, you can sure do it too.  If you want your investment to be worth anything significant you should strongly consider it tipping at least 5000 MEOW total, and honestly since you got in so cheap you should do 10x more than that if you honestly want it to have an impact.

No MEOW tip, no moon trip.
I'll send you some meow if you tip out at least 50% of it. You can keep the rest for your effort Smiley

I'll tip out all of it, I don't really the money,  but I am very interested in seeing who does what with the tips, poster below this is quite correct on that note. Not using my own MEOW is sort of a conflict of interest but that's why I will tip 100%.  The only gray area is that I don't see how to recall tips that aren't redeemed so those seem to stay in limbo.  

MOONcoin's community has started throwing MOON around on reddit like there's no tomorrow, and coincidentally MOON has climbed back from the abyss of 6 satoshi up to 10 or 11 in just a few days (yes I am sure there are other factors like, 6 satoshi is damn cheap for any coin, but the curiously similar timing is there).  I am at work right now so I can't do much tipping for a few hours but I'll PM you my tipbot address and you can load it up with whatever you like.

Please post your kittehtipbot wallet address and i will fund now
Pages:
Jump to: