Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MN][$LOKI] Loki - Private Transactions & Comms - page 72. (Read 80384 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 4
Nice project and I hope participate, waiting for airdrop.

Appreciate the kind words and good to hear you will be looking to participate!

Please keep up with the latest on our Telegram: https://t.me/LokiCommunity

It is projected for the 19th as cryptlomax pointed out above.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Nowadays, few projects can be developed without ICO. Airdrop is the fastest way of communication. I hope to see it.

Thank you for your support, devilzero! Yes, as mentioned earlier, the team is aiming to roll out the airdrop on the 19th of April
Activity: 84
Nice project and I hope participate, waiting for airdrop.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
https://eloncity.io/
Nowadays, few projects can be developed without ICO. Airdrop is the fastest way of communication. I hope to see it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
I heard lots of good things about this project but it looks like there is no ICO and only private sale for rich investors, this sucks for normal people like us...

Hello Dirk! Sorry to hear you could not participate. The upcoming airdrop is for our community!

There are currently three ways to obtain Loki currently:

1) Mining when Mainnet launches later this month
2) Participate in the upcoming Airdrop
3) Solve the Twitter puzzle

Will it be profitable to mine it on my computer ? Or do I need to have a special mining rig ? Airdrop is not worth it, there are too many people I will probably get like 1 or 2$ worth of LOKI tokens...

The mining requirements are not available yet but you may assume they will be quite close to Monero requirements, as the algo is the same. This will be made clearer after the mainnet launch later this month since then mining will be available.

Oh okay I don't know much about Monero but I guess you need to have a really strong machine to be able to mine this coin, It would be better if it's proof of stake, POS will use less electricity so it's better for the planet  Cheesy

Hey Dirk, Loki is hybrid Proof of Work & Proof of Service. We appreciate your feedback. Proof of service is similar to a staking mechanism in that there is a collateral requirement to run a node and a percentage of the block reward is given to the service node. As far as energy consumption is concerned, the team has actually spoken about this in an AMA. Here is the video answer @ https://youtu.be/pZVCp-SZE_4?t=4415

Oh okay I never heard of proof of service before, but it sounds really interesting. Thanks for the video i will check it out tonight
Activity: 71
Hi Dirk, the team is aiming to roll out the airdrop on the 19th.
Activity: 310
Merit: 250
I heard lots of good things about this project but it looks like there is no ICO and only private sale for rich investors, this sucks for normal people like us...

Hello Dirk! Sorry to hear you could not participate. The upcoming airdrop is for our community!

Is there a date for the start of the airdrop yet?

Will it be profitable to mine it on my computer ? Or do I need to have a special mining rig ? Airdrop is not worth it, there are too many people I will probably get like 1 or 2$ worth of LOKI tokens...

The mining requirements are not available yet but you may assume they will be quite close to Monero requirements, as the algo is the same. This will be made clearer after the mainnet launch later this month since then mining will be available.

Oh okay I don't know much about Monero but I guess you need to have a really strong machine to be able to mine this coin, It would be better if it's proof of stake, POS will use less electricity so it's better for the planet  Cheesy

Hey Dirk, Loki is hybrid Proof of Work & Proof of Service. We appreciate your feedback. Proof of service is similar to a staking mechanism in that there is a collateral requirement to run a node and a percentage of the block reward is given to the service node. As far as energy consumption is concerned, the team has actually spoken about this in an AMA. Here is the video answer @ https://youtu.be/pZVCp-SZE_4?t=4415
Check out this video of Simon (the project lead) speaking at YBF Melbourne Web 3.0 Panel: The Promise of Distributed Technologies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VbTgDbl8gc

Oh okay I don't know much about Monero but I guess you need to have a really strong machine to be able to mine this coin, It would be better if it's proof of stake, POS will use less electricity so it's better for the planet  Cheesy
Activity: 54

Is there any info available about how many coins you need to run a masternode?

The general idea is that the required amount will reduce with time, as it's a function of a block height. As for the required amount for block 1, the exact number is being discussed at the moment and will be finalized soon (WP states 10,000 Loki currently). Generally the info of how staking works for Loki's Service Nodes can be found here https://loki.network/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/LokiWhitepaperV2-1.pdf (see 4.4)
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
Is there any info available about how many coins you need to run a masternode?

https://twitter.com/Loki_Project/status/982124674048901120

Twitter Puzzle was solved! Congrats to Luigy.

Thank you to everyone who participated!
Activity: 392
Merit: 102

I did the Loki ICO but did it in a pool so I was able to participate with a few ether. The telegram group https://t.me/TheCCcommunity has pools of upcoming ico's.

Oh okay thanks for that but I don't trust pool, one time I give them a few ETH to a group and they stole it from me, I didn't receive any tokens after that. It would be better if you know them personally it's hard to trust strangers

Yeah true, but my friend has done this pool before and got his tokens no problem. Unfortunately there are scammers in everything  Embarrassed
Is there news about the approximate date of network launch?

Hi, we expect it to launch later this month
Activity: 210
Is there news about the approximate date of network launch?

I did the Loki ICO but did it in a pool so I was able to participate with a few ether. The telegram group https://t.me/TheCCcommunity has pools of upcoming ico's.

Oh okay thanks for that but I don't trust pool, one time I give them a few ETH to a group and they stole it from me, I didn't receive any tokens after that. It would be better if you know them personally it's hard to trust strangers

Hi developers.Say me what is the main idea of your platform?

Hello Tertclaserar, Loki has a core objective of privacy that offers a way to incentivise full nodes creating a network for privacy focused services. Service Node applications (SNapps) can be built on this network to reliably store and serve private messages. The Loki Messenger will be the first SNapp on the network. This video may help you better understand Loki (less than 2 minutes): https://youtu.be/p76wejrsAT0
Pages:
Jump to: