Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MONA] Monacoin LAUNCHING 2014/01/01 0:00 GMT - page 74. (Read 283626 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Looks like they officially changed the site http://monatr.jp/, not just twittered. The site now says in english:

For foreigners: We do NOT provide any English support at any time. Non-Japanese speakers are discouraged to use this exchange service. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thats ok. I don't need english support, I need buyer support!  Grin
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
200 mona for 0.01 BTC Grin Grin Grin Grin

PM me
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Warning :.. this web service IS available only for domestic [Japan] use and we do not support Non-Japanese People If we found you Are Accessing from foregin countries, we Will Lock your account and Freeze all of your balance Without any caution Please use foreign exchanges such as newchg.com alternatively.

Awesome. So now we're stuck with newchg.com as the only exchange we can use to trade with without getting fucked over, and even then that's not a real exchange (it's just basically a spreadsheet that doesn't do anything other than list orders, trading still has to be done person-to-person or via escrow) and it doesn't even work (Can't sell or buy for less than 1BTC, which is obviously a problem).

I wish I could say I was surprised.

I get that the site might be having issues, but do they think that alienating western miners and traders is a good idea at all? I was actually about to switch back to mining MONA since I had finally gotten the hang of trading on that site, not happening now though. I'm done with this coin entirely once I sell off my remaining MONA.

What a laugh. Probably to keep out the Chinese mega-rig dumpers.

I should buy up all the cheap MONA and dump them there using my Tokyo VPN just because.

Exactly, from the 2ch thread:

前スレで書いてたPump&Dumpが怖いな。
 有名になったとして上場したら外人勢が一気に売ってくるだろうし、
 それに耐えられるだけの市場価値(使い道)ができてくるかが勝負だろうな

they are actually afraid of foreigns ruining their chance at crypto-currency.

Based on Mona twitter feed, they OP changed the wording as to not be to brash...my version of Google translate on the exchange now reads:

"For Foreigners :.. Provide We do NOT support any English at any time Non-Japanese speakers Are discouraged to use this service Exchange Sorry for the Inconvenience."

So it seems less risky to use but without support....good luck

That sounds better, but obviously someone needs to school these people into how crypto currency works. Hell, all currencies for that matter.

There is absolutely nothing they can do to prevent the free market from invading their little "private" coin. The Mona devs should have used a 100% pre-mined model if that was the way they wanted to go, not an LTC clone!
If they didn't want the possibility of a pump and dump, use something else. I dunno, maybe serial numbered panties.  Roll Eyes

If I can get double ROI on a Japanese forum as apposed to in "the west" I'll call in a Japanese fluent friend to help me dump all my Mona via VPN.  Angry Nothing they can do to stop me.

Anyone that familiarizes themselves with the Japanese economy will quickly find that the cultural understanding of economics there is not quite what you'd expect anyway, in my mind I blame New Deal era American economic theory inherited from the mid 40's. But there is a Japanese translation of Human Action, so I yet have hope.
Activity: 8
Warning :.. this web service IS available only for domestic [Japan] use and we do not support Non-Japanese People If we found you Are Accessing from foregin countries, we Will Lock your account and Freeze all of your balance Without any caution Please use foreign exchanges such as newchg.com alternatively.

Awesome. So now we're stuck with newchg.com as the only exchange we can use to trade with without getting fucked over, and even then that's not a real exchange (it's just basically a spreadsheet that doesn't do anything other than list orders, trading still has to be done person-to-person or via escrow) and it doesn't even work (Can't sell or buy for less than 1BTC, which is obviously a problem).

I get that the site might be having issues, but do they think that alienating western miners and traders is a good idea at all? I was actually about to switch back to mining MONA since I had finally gotten the hang of trading on that site, not happening now though. I'm done with this coin entirely once I sell off my remaining MONA.

I should buy up all the cheap MONA and dump them there using my Tokyo VPN just because.

前スレで書いてたPump&Dumpが怖いな。

Based on Mona twitter feed, they OP changed the wording as to not be to brash...my version of Google translate on the exchange now reads:

"For Foreigners :.. Provide We do NOT support any English at any time Non-Japanese speakers Are discouraged to use this service Exchange Sorry for the Inconvenience."

That sounds better, but obviously someone needs to school these people into how crypto currency works. Hell, all currencies for that matter.

There is absolutely nothing they can do to prevent the free market from invading their little "private" coin. The Mona devs should have used a 100% pre-mined model if that was the way they wanted to go, not an LTC clone!
If they didn't want the possibility of a pump and dump, use something else. I dunno, maybe serial numbered panties.  Roll Eyes

If I can get double ROI on a Japanese forum as apposed to in "the west" I'll call in a Japanese fluent friend to help me dump all my Mona via VPN.  Angry Nothing they can do to stop me.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

前スレで書いてたPump&Dumpが怖いな。

Activity: 282
Have 1000 MONA to sell. PM with offer.
Activity: 8
To anyone interested in buying I have 4520 MONA for sale, pm your offers, I'm happy to sell in smaller amounts 200 - 1000 MONA just let me know.
is it going to be on cryptsy? I remember a post from few days ago which said that only a few votes left were needed
There's only 61 votes, I wouldn't even waste my time signing up to vote. These 2 Coinedup reddit's have over 100 comments combined but it looks like they're just talking to a brick wall. http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1u8c4e/please_consider_adding_mona_monacoin/
http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1u9qj0/please_add_monacoin_mona/
Activity: 56
1300 Mona for sale, pm offers

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
http://mona.bitcrush.info - scam, or hacked? Just logged in to find my coins were stolen on the 1st Jan.

Happy new year, eh? Well, it was only 20 coins. I hope he chokes on them.

Looks like a scam. Oh well.  Cheesy
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
is it going to be on cryptsy? I remember a post from few days ago which said that only a few votes left were needed
Still willing to buy your mona stake:

min amount: 500
max amount: 5000

0.000405 LTC per 1 MONA

Quite a good price considering it very near the new production price(including capital costs).
If the price is much higher then its a better investment to simply sink another two or three hundred dollars into mining equipment, and that is likely to have greater long-term profitability with much lower risk.
Buying above this price would be unwise, anyone doing so should consider the above and realize their investment could be much better spent on additional hardware, and they would be setting themselves up for another repeat of dogecoin or earthcoin at a slightly slower rate.

Jesus christ nobody's going to sell at that price. I sold around 1500 for a total of 0.07 BTC and I still think I got the worse end of that deal, but I just want out of this coin ASAP. What you're asking for would have only netted me around 0.0177 BTC. I would have rather simply given that away than sold it if it were that cheap.

You might have more luck in a few week's time buying at that price, but not right now, anyone selling at that price is nuts. If you really want MONA that badly just go buy some equipment. Though seeing that the Japanese are already trying to push away outsiders (as usual) I'm not sure why anyone would still be too interested in this coin.

I'm interested, but only to the point where it makes economic sense.
Your response only reinforces my assessment, the only reason people want an exchange so far is because they've been conditioned by things like doge and eac, and they want that quick exit, high profit before simple economic reality brings it crashing back to earth. People pop in mine a few days or hours and dump to the gullible while the price is inflated well beyond what it would otherwise be.
You talk about dumping to the gullible, but anyone that is convinced to sell at that price at this point in time is just as bad.

Caveat emptor of course, but I figured a dose of reality just what people need right now. As it stands people should be hoping they don't get an accessible exchange soon, soon as there is one, the sells will quickly outpace the buys, and the valuation will be beat to death, multipools anyone?
Activity: 210

0.000405 LTC per 1 MONA

Quite a good price considering it very near the new production price(including capital costs).
If the price is much higher then its a better investment to simply sink another two or three hundred dollars into mining equipment, and that is likely to have greater long-term profitability with much lower risk.
Buying above this price would be unwise, anyone doing so should consider the above and realize their investment could be much better spent on additional hardware, and they would be setting themselves up for another repeat of dogecoin or earthcoin at a slightly slower rate.

Jesus christ nobody's going to sell at that price. I sold around 1500 for a total of 0.07 BTC and I still think I got the worse end of that deal, but I just want out of this coin ASAP. What you're asking for would have only netted me around 0.0177 BTC. I would have rather simply given that away than sold it if it were that cheap.

You might have more luck in a few week's time buying at that price, but not right now, anyone selling at that price is nuts. If you really want MONA that badly just go buy some equipment. Though seeing that the Japanese are already trying to push away outsiders (as usual) I'm not sure why anyone would still be too interested in this coin.

Your response only reinforces my assessment, the only reason people want an exchange so far is because they've been conditioned by things like doge and eac, and they want that quick exit, high profit before simple economic reality brings it crashing back to earth. People pop in mine a few days or hours and dump to the gullible while the price is inflated well beyond what it would otherwise be.
You talk about dumping to the gullible, but anyone that is convinced to sell at that price at this point in time is just as bad.

0.000405 LTC per 1 MONA

Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
yea need coinedup or crypsty
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
We just need REAL exchange like cryptsy or coinex.
Activity: 210

0.000405 LTC per 1 MONA

0.000405 LTC per 1 MONA

Activity: 247
WTS ---9.5k monacoin
ONLY 0.8btc
pm ME
Pages:
Jump to: