Author

Topic: [ANN][MOON] Mooncoin: You know where it's headed! KGW exploit FIXED 4/3/2014 - page 507. (Read 1106885 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
I have asked the devs and folks there to include notnull.org as a pool option. No answer yet, would be nice to be a part of the launch.

We will gladly include your pool once the coin is launched, no problem! I am going to list the "pending" pools in the main thread here. Once your have the source downloaded (available tomorrow at 1PM eastern) and compiled, I will remove the pending label.

(We are doing this to prevent blockchain forking and pre-mining.)
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'll be ready in time  Wink
Activity: 138
Cat coin forked all over on launch due to multiple pools being ready to go

The reason they forked was because they had pools setup before launch and errant blocks being mined. At least that's what it looks like.

I've had a few pool operators contact me about getting the source early and I politely explain no, we can't risk it because of this very problem.

Tomorrow at 1PM eastern the code will be available, Multipool will launch, and we will go live. At that time, other pool operators are welcome to download the source and bring their own pools up.

See our blog entry about this:

http://mooncoin.wordpress.com/2013/12/29/regarding-pools-and-chain-forking/
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Difficulty re-target time: 8 hours

knock out criteria

Multipools will kill moon

384 billion ?!< too much
millions is big enough

I have asked the devs and folks there to include notnull.org as a pool option. No answer yet, would be nice to be a part of the launch.
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
eleven... ten... nine.... eight... pools overloaded and crashing... seven... six.... GPU started... five... four... Grüss Gott treue SS Sturmbanführer Wernher von Braun.... threee... miner configured,  two... one.....  MINING... one... two... three... blockchain forked.... four... five... pools down... six... seven.... orphans.... eight...  nine... aus...

Radio Jerevan meldet: it was no moon but its the sun where we go. WE GOTTA ALL BURNED!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3uxhesiKgE

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Activity: 118
Difficulty re-target time: 8 hours

knock out criteria

Multipools will kill moon

384 billion ?!< too much
millions is big enough
Activity: 70
Reserved for my reservations about this coin.  Smiley
Activity: 140
Cat coin forked all over on launch due to multiple pools being ready to go
Activity: 126
this is going to be an interesting launch
Activity: 98
Developers: could you post the contents on the .conf file, so we can set up solo mining? Thank you. Cool
Activity: 1036
Merit: 531
3 pool at launch, and multipool really ready at launch (as i see).
So does it really good to solo mine at launch for this coin?
Activity: 224
384,400,000,000 MOON (yes, billion!)

Why billion? A much more realistic figure would be 384 millions.
The distance to the moon is 384.400 km so let's say 384.400.000 m.

This was my thought too.  Like Fedoracoin with 500bil coins, which looks like a failure so far.
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
preparing my apollo for a launch  Grin
Activity: 182
The General
Launching in about 18 hours
Activity: 224
384,400,000,000 MOON (yes, billion!)

Why billion? A much more realistic figure would be 384 millions.
The distance to the moon is 384.400 km so let's say 384.400.000 m.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Is it standard scrypt or scrypt-jane?
Activity: 84
PreRegister now @ http://moon.hackshard.com  We are attempting to setup our new machine in time for this release.  If we do not make the release I will setup a temporary server on my old machine until my new machine is setup and ready to go.

Your EAC pool has been working quite well for me... Sign me up. Grin
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
PreRegister now @ http://moon.hackshard.com  We are attempting to setup our new machine in time for this release.  If we do not make the release I will setup a temporary server on my old machine until my new machine is setup and ready to go.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
So, what's new with this coin?
Jump to: