Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin - page 64. (Read 178225 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
June 11, 2014, 08:27:15 AM
One thing I have been looking into for difficulty control is the possibility of setting the perlin function itself to scale with difficulty.  Perlin complexity scales exponentially with dimension of the seed, so this might be a nice place to inject computational difficulty.  I think that it would make more sense to increase complexity of frame calculation as opposed to increasing complexity of map generation (so that we never get into a situation where a user can't start a game because they don't have sufficient hardware to generate a map in reasonable time) but I'm not really sure if this is a better approach or not.  I could imagine a similar situation where users' framerates are throttled to something annoyingly low simply because they can't calculate the perlin quickly enough to maintain.

What was that? I only see a bunch of words with no sense. Perlin function has no scale difficulty. What does it mean a "perlin complexity"? Perlin noise computation is not related to the map size it is always calculated from the 4 nearest points. And we aren't looking where to inject computation difficulty it is not a PoW currency.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 11, 2014, 08:04:12 AM
The "other" premine wasn't really a premine at all.  The chain was soft-launched between a few people, and spread quietly for a few days (~6) before being announced here and elsewhere just before/around the block 8000 fork.
WHAT? This coin was announced here 20 days before launch.

Ok, re-announced here, I guess. :-)
Are you a troll? Everyone can just read beginning of this thread to understand that what you are saying is a complete nonsense.

As I said, those coins (aside from the three 150k blocks) weren't really a pre-mine at all.  The game was public for those 8k blocks, it just wasn't until that time that it was really being promoted, reddit activity, etc.  That is all I mean.
This is just what you would expect, information spreads over time. But you were saying like if it was announced only 6 days after launch.

EDIT: I had dozens of connections in those early days, so it wasn't "a few people".

I didn't intend to start any drama, I was just making an offhand comment, and it started others in on the premine argument.  I couldn't care less about the bounty.  It is a bit of a shame that the giveaways won't happen, but that doesn't affect me any.

Can we get back to the topic at hand?

Is there any ETA on patches for the difficulty target or for the map reset frequency?  Should I consider putting something together?

One thing I have been looking into for difficulty control is the possibility of setting the perlin function itself to scale with difficulty.  Perlin complexity scales exponentially with dimension of the seed, so this might be a nice place to inject computational difficulty.  I think that it would make more sense to increase complexity of frame calculation as opposed to increasing complexity of map generation (so that we never get into a situation where a user can't start a game because they don't have sufficient hardware to generate a map in reasonable time) but I'm not really sure if this is a better approach or not.  I could imagine a similar situation where users' framerates are throttled to something annoyingly low simply because they can't calculate the perlin quickly enough to maintain.

As for the map reset, I still think that simply allowing the users something like 4 blocks of "slack time" (by using 2 bits of nonce to specify which of the top 4 blocks to generate map from, and adjusting confirmation semantics accordingly) is the best approach.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Muniti creator
June 11, 2014, 03:59:42 AM
The "other" premine wasn't really a premine at all.  The chain was soft-launched between a few people, and spread quietly for a few days (~6) before being announced here and elsewhere just before/around the block 8000 fork.

Are you a troll? Everyone can just read beginning of this thread to understand that what you are saying is a complete nonsense.

Sold the premine yet?
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
June 11, 2014, 03:53:00 AM
Vote for MOTO to list on Mintpal.
nr. 433   Motocoin
Pay to vote (Each 0.001 BTC received will count for 1 vote):   17JFRp2snSqNLYij7v6mvK1vUfQgWmtwgY
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Seriously, 1 vote in over 12 hrs? Such lazyness.
Activity: 280
June 10, 2014, 11:04:22 PM

As I said, those coins (aside from the three 150k blocks) weren't really a pre-mine at all.  The game was public for those 8k blocks, it just wasn't until that time that it was really being promoted, reddit activity, etc.  That is all I mean.
This is just what you would expect, information spreads over time. But you were saying like if it was announced only 6 days after launch.

EDIT: I had dozens of connections in those early days, so it wasn't "a few people".

Personally I was watching this coin and playing the game quite a while before launch. I played as soon as it launched and got a few of the sub 30 blocks.
I made a thread in a few places because I thought the idea is awesome.
The pre-mine was tiny and announced.
WilliamLie has been awesome and I can understand if he is despondent because of the early rise of botters ( we weren't expecting them this early.)
Dev responded to community concern about the target time dropping too quickly and changed pay out from 100 to 20 and dropped the expected time.
I think the launch and everything since has been great. The only problem has been the botting and the dump on C-Cex when this was became clear.
Miraculously the coin survived and is still going.
Since then there has been some very interesting discussions as a spin-off from the botting problem.
WillimaLie is still engaging and support the coin. Just wanted to say thanks for the effort. I have enjoyed this coin a lot so far and I'm very interested to see where it goes from here.
If dev wanted they could've scammed and made more money than they did from premine considering the effort put it. So far they have acted with integrity and been very capable.
Activity: 204
June 10, 2014, 06:58:18 PM

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
June 10, 2014, 06:52:06 PM
Dev sells premine...fails to fend off bots, no promotion bounties.
MEH.

HunterBotDude should take over development at this rate :p
June 10, 2014, 06:48:55 PM

As I said, those coins (aside from the three 150k blocks) weren't really a pre-mine at all.  The game was public for those 8k blocks, it just wasn't until that time that it was really being promoted, reddit activity, etc.  That is all I mean.

June 10, 2014, 06:43:13 PM

June 10, 2014, 06:08:06 PM

June 10, 2014, 05:25:27 PM
June 10, 2014, 05:21:21 PM
was this premine announced?

I really dislike coins that keep that a secret Sad

Yes, it is even still in the original post.  "The 3 developers of Motocoin were each rewarded 150K of premined motocoins. Large portions of these coins will be used for bounties and giveaways (see below)"  However there is nothing to see below.

The "other" premine wasn't really a premine at all.  The chain was soft-launched between a few people, and spread quietly for a few days (~6) before being announced here and elsewhere just before/around the block 8000 fork.
June 10, 2014, 05:18:05 PM
maybe it wasn't botowners who crashed the price after all.
I didn't crash the price. I think it was botowner(s) + people who saw what was happening.

Most bot operators were/are holding, from what I can tell.  Huh

Miniminer got confused and basically thought that the network was broken/crashing when it wasn't, so he unloaded the bulk of botted coins he had been hoarding, probably assuming that the exchange was going to have to quickly de-list.  This was on the order of tens of thousands of coins.  The total selloff (after him) was just over 500k coins.  At the time there were just under 1 million coins in circulation that *weren't* the devs' coins from block 0. (so a little under 1.5million total)  Some of these coins were probably traded back and forth during the crash, of course.

In any case, it is poor form for devs to reserve coins for promotions and then sell them off for personal gain.  If the devs were really concerned about preserving the value held then they should now be offering a promotions in btc at a rate equivalent to the price on their trade, I'd think.  Instead they appear to have just panicked, sold (at what is now/soon likely a significant net loss) a large chunk of their holdings behind miniminer's sells, and now probably want to retain what they do have left for themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
June 10, 2014, 05:10:53 PM
was this premine announced?

I really dislike coins that keep that a secret Sad
June 10, 2014, 04:58:33 PM
maybe it wasn't botowners who crashed the price after all.
I didn't crash the price. I think it was botowner(s) + people who saw what was happening.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
June 10, 2014, 04:40:10 PM
Vote for MOTO to list on Mintpal.
nr. 433   Motocoin
Pay to vote (Each 0.001 BTC received will count for 1 vote):   17JFRp2snSqNLYij7v6mvK1vUfQgWmtwgY
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
June 10, 2014, 04:33:29 PM
When I finish the replay viewer you should integrate it as well (it is all client side JS with emscripten, so you could more or less just "drop it in" to the page) so people can have everything in one place.

Ok, let me know when it will be ready.

(which I'm now told there is no more bounty available for, btw)
What happened with bounty?  Cry
Almost all premine was sold.

That's sad ... bad exchange reputation to the money  Angry  Developers must never sale their coins in such situation.

The premine was tiny. I played a lot at the start and got like 10% of it.

By premine we mean the three 150k coin coinbases that were generated in the genesis block, not any coins anyone played the game to win.

http://moto-explorer.fvds.ru/transaction.php?transaction=a05b6e6a99468edf9f4b3833b63857e686e2d55de3239cd3e05a783a2defacb8

EDIT: If it is true that all 450k coins were sold off this would account for the vast majority of the selloff triggered by miniminer's panic dump.

I was thinking the same... that maybe it wasn't botowners who crashed the price after all.
But still the premine was tiny: what I meant was that I got 15k coins just by playing the game, 10 ppl like me is one devs premine.
June 10, 2014, 04:25:09 PM
When I finish the replay viewer you should integrate it as well (it is all client side JS with emscripten, so you could more or less just "drop it in" to the page) so people can have everything in one place.

What happened with bounty?  Cry

That's sad ... bad exchange reputation to the money  Angry  Developers must never sale their coins in such situation.

By premine we mean the three 150k coin coinbases that were generated in the genesis block, not any coins anyone played the game to win.

http://moto-explorer.fvds.ru/transaction.php?transaction=a05b6e6a99468edf9f4b3833b63857e686e2d55de3239cd3e05a783a2defacb8

EDIT: If it is true that all 450k coins were sold off this would account for the vast majority of the selloff triggered by miniminer's panic dump.
June 10, 2014, 04:19:28 PM

What happened with bounty?  Cry

June 10, 2014, 04:17:47 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bWYcBkA9uh1X5XYOEkSlMzqhol9tliNR-F2mRJxJhuk/edit#gid=0

Blocks 22000 to 23999 were mined in 24 seconds each, average. Humans are out of the game, whether some bot operators limit their bots or not.

I think that pretending this could still be a human minable coin is pretty useless, I'm actually more curious as to how low the target time could get if all bot operators went full power at it.

Reducing targettime isn't as easy as just throwing more hardware onto your rig and making a slightly bigger energy spend, of course.  This downward push in targettime is because bots got slightly smarter as their operators learned little things from eachother, and as they improved on those things.  However, this cat-and-mouse game won't last long, just until the real AI methods take over.

This is exciting to watch!
I am guessing there are quiet a few people like me who are lurking about and watching the developments.

Pages:
Jump to: