Author

Topic: [ANN][MZC][SHA-256] MAZACOIN *First Sovereign Currency* ANDROID WALLET AVAIL.!! - page 113. (Read 278416 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I'm glad a lot of us can at least agree on the coin's price point needs to be higher in order for this whole endeavor to work. This should be Payu's main concern. Worrying about anything else at this point is moot. The foundation of this project needs to be the coin's price.

Totally agree with you

How could you take a coin that is worth .005 usd now and make it into a currency people want to use?  I think the perfect target would be $1 or at minimum .50.  What could possibly be done to turn it around that much?   The alternative is to use 1000 mazacoins for a hot dog and drink. Most non technical people don't want to do that type of math.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
A large part of the problem is credibility and a large part of that is Harris.

He is making hyperbolic claims that just provide others (me) a stick to beat him with.

He should be promising less and then exceeding expectations.

That "first sovereign currency" garbage is still at the top of this thread and the questions will keep being asked until it's gone.

That's without the other, dubious Payu stuff, he's a liability.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
I'm glad a lot of us can at least agree on the coin's price point needs to be higher in order for this whole endeavor to work. This should be Payu's main concern. Worrying about anything else at this point is moot. The foundation of this project needs to be the coin's price.

Totally agree with you
Activity: 42
agreed....like building a house with solar panels on a bed of loose sand....

while sitting there going what color should we paint the house??

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Activity: 98
Black coin fixed its problems and now is running.
I hope the same destiny for us Smiley

Blackcoin didn't fix shit.  The whales fixed it, temporarily.  It's a Mintcoin clone, and POS coins are ideal for slow pump and dump, since there's no miners to inject large quantities of fresh supply to slow the pump.

It'll have the same fate as Mintcoin as well.  If you're in, have those stop losses ready, it's going back down and when it does its going down hard and fast.

Taking out your arse bud!

Am I?  You expecting that BCpool to save it?  It's part of the slow pump, I reckon.  Buy shitloads of cheap BC for a few hundred satoshi each, have a nice fat stock, then start slow pumping BC to get interest up.  Get people to give you scads of hash power that you point at real, profitable coins, pay them in that cheap BC until the supply runs out, then watch the market crash and burn.  It's got Ponzi written all over it.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

apparently you missed the point. if you just want to get the Android app to users any "shitty" phone will work. im not saying to give everyone a phone that works for multiple purposes. just something that runs the wallet. In return on that kind of investment you are getting technology to people who would otherwise not have any technology at all. it may be a shitty phone to you but it is a free gateway to the technological world for the less privileged.

One of the problems with the phone idea is logistics. It's a pain enough to distribute crypto, but now one would also need to distribute thousands (10s of thousands? how many people are there in lakota) of phones? A couple of hundred phones sound nice, but what about those who don't get one?

The bigger problem is at this point, why even bother? Unless maza gets to at least 10-20 cents per coin, 1000 maza will be worth less than even a junky, throwaway phone. They'd be better off selling the old phone and forgetting about the $3 worth of maza they were just given.
right now the coins fundamentals need to be readjusted...

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Blackcoin didn't fix shit.  The whales fixed it, temporarily.  It's a Mintcoin clone, and POS coins are ideal for slow pump and dump, since there's no miners to inject large quantities of fresh supply to slow the pump.

It'll have the same fate as Mintcoin as well.  If you're in, have those stop losses ready, it's going back down and when it does its going down hard and fast.

Taking out your arse bud!
Activity: 68
Old Android cell phones are cheap..  If you want the people to get phones start doing a cell phone donation program. how many people do you know that have old and still perfectly useable cell phones tucked in a drawer somewhere?

you can put the phones in Wifi only mode and use them as pocket tablets. if you just need them for the wallet app any old Android phone running 2.3 (gingerbread) and up will work for that application.

basically...
Team up with electronics recyclers, cell phone shops, and electronics stores. Ask you fellow geeks and co-workers. you should not have any trouble getting a few hundred phones donated.
Unfortunately old phones have shitty battery and new apps don't work. Sad

apparently you missed the point. if you just want to get the Android app to users any "shitty" phone will work. im not saying to give everyone a phone that works for multiple purposes. just something that runs the wallet. In return on that kind of investment you are getting technology to people who would otherwise not have any technology at all. it may be a shitty phone to you but it is a free gateway to the technological world for the less privileged.

Activity: 98

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Old Android cell phones are cheap..  If you want the people to get phones start doing a cell phone donation program. how many people do you know that have old and still perfectly useable cell phones tucked in a drawer somewhere?

you can put the phones in Wifi only mode and use them as pocket tablets. if you just need them for the wallet app any old Android phone running 2.3 (gingerbread) and up will work for that application.

basically...
Team up with electronics recyclers, cell phone shops, and electronics stores. Ask you fellow geeks and co-workers. you should not have any trouble getting a few hundred phones donated.

Too complicated, you've got to make the coin fit with the people, you can't expect people to carry around some knackered old phone just to be able to use your coin.
well 3 dollars you can buy 1 super lotto and 1 powerball and the chance to win millions....

basically...
Unfortunately old phones have shitty battery and new apps don't work. Sad
Activity: 826
Merit: 263

You know what's interesting? I contacted Payu about a week ago because I have an idea on how to get widespread adoption of MazaCoin to the Lakota people through free smartphones and cell phone plans via freedompop.com. In the message I sent him, I went into full detail about what his biggest barrier is (technological), and how he could contact this company to get his people using free smartphones and thus the MazaCoin Android wallet. I even mentioned to him in IRC that I sent a message to him about it, and that I hoped he would read it. He never got back to me. I have no idea what his plans are to get the MZC to the people other than what was said about the Free Lakota Bank.

I asked last night how they plan to implement the payout, and I may be mistaken, but could have sworn boxxa said they plan to have people register for it? Not sure how that would work exactly. If anyone has a chat log, it may be in there somewhere.

The phone idea could work, but is freedompop supported in their area?

To me, the logical way to do these sort of nation giveaways (not just maza) would be for community projects and perhaps small businesses. Use enough coin to provide something, get it made, then later on, use it for something else. That way you avoid the dump that will undoubtedly occur when most people get free cash (or free crypto, I should say), and get around the issue of giving it to every single individual. Since there is a trust already for maza, I'd think it make logical sense.

If the coin sinks enough, perhaps that is the way they'd have to go.

1000 maza ... here is your $1-$5, and please buy a $50 phone so you can use it.
Or just bundle it up into higher amounts, and do something for the community.

"Here's $3 bucks for you" -- you kidding ? that's an insult !

Activity: 37
Boxxa claimed he had a lot of coins

We'll he's at least 52k down as of last night.

From twitter..

"Remember to verify your inputs. Just sent 52K MZC to an address I don't have the private key for and it is gone forever."

Everybody say OUCH at the same time.
Activity: 68

basically...
Wow, this coin is just 2 weeks old already holds n record: Burning so much money in such a short time, like no coin before.  Wtf from 18000 to under 800 in just 10 days ? WTF ?  Shocked

Thats 2250% los ...

I don't quite understand, it seems the more positive news about the coin the more the price falls.

Yes it was overhyped at 18k but to fall so far in such a short time is incredible and I wonder if there's something nefarious going on behind the scenes to force such a fall.

I'm holding though, I bought in at 10k, 5k and now trying for 800 then I'll just forget about the coin until summer and see where it's at. If I've lost out then so be it, it's one of the risks we take when we buy this made up money which can't actually be spent on anything other than more made up money

I suspect its the early adopters. I can't explain but I have a hunch its one of those times you know?

They know something and getting out.

And screwing us all in the process.

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

You know what's interesting? I contacted Payu about a week ago because I have an idea on how to get widespread adoption of MazaCoin to the Lakota people through free smartphones and cell phone plans via freedompop.com. In the message I sent him, I went into full detail about what his biggest barrier is (technological), and how he could contact this company to get his people using free smartphones and thus the MazaCoin Android wallet. I even mentioned to him in IRC that I sent a message to him about it, and that I hoped he would read it. He never got back to me. I have no idea what his plans are to get the MZC to the people other than what was said about the Free Lakota Bank.

I asked last night how they plan to implement the payout, and I may be mistaken, but could have sworn boxxa said they plan to have people register for it? Not sure how that would work exactly. If anyone has a chat log, it may be in there somewhere.

The phone idea could work, but is freedompop supported in their area?

To me, the logical way to do these sort of nation giveaways (not just maza) would be for community projects and perhaps small businesses. Use enough coin to provide something, get it made, then later on, use it for something else. That way you avoid the dump that will undoubtedly occur when most people get free cash (or free crypto, I should say), and get around the issue of giving it to every single individual. Since there is a trust already for maza, I'd think it make logical sense.

If the coin sinks enough, perhaps that is the way they'd have to go.

1000 maza ... here is your $1-$5, and please buy a $50 phone so you can use it.
Or just bundle it up into higher amounts, and do something for the community.
Jump to: