Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MZC][SHA-256] MAZACOIN *First Sovereign Currency* ANDROID WALLET AVAIL.!! - page 13. (Read 278314 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 250
Do you guys think that Maza should change to a proof of stake coin.  We already have close to a billion coins.  The POW way of doing things consumes massive amounts of energy.  I think it will also encourage people to hold their coins as well.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
An idea that might restore some relevancy to Mazacoin/
-

Mazacoin tries to bill itself as "a Native currency", but the reality is that it is mostly owned by non Natives and has no real tangible connection to any future Native economy, aside from a premine, about which there are questions.

The one saving grace of Mazacoin is that most of its holders, if not Native, are at least strong supporters of a Native economy.

The problem is the coin itself, its distribution, history and so on. So here is one possible solution that will allow Mazacoin to be used for what it actually is, a coin for outsiders to support a Native centered economy.
-
1) Issue a new coin with a substantial premine, to be distributed to Natives in North America.
a) If the coin were 50% premined and those 50% were distributed to Natives with at least 50% Native blood, the remaining 50% of mineable coins, would be quite valuable.
b) In North America it is not that hard to let Natives be identified (by percent Native blood) reliably, with their consent, for the purpose of distributing coins. The U.S. generates a lot of paper on people.
c) One of the biggest issues people have with a distribution like this could be solved by having a wallet assigned to each qualified person, and having the coins in the wallet unavailable for spending, but stakeable, with the interest spendable. So a person would get a wallet with, say, 1000 coins. The wallet would be in their name and not sellable, nor transferable, except on death. The holder of the wallet would have the interest available to spend but would never lose the blalance. If it were hacked, at most the interest could be stolen, the coins could not be stolen. The coins would always pertain to that person.

-

Mazacoin has a premine, some of which has been accounted for, I believe. If that premine were used to create liquidity for the new coin, for example swapping the entire Mazacoin premine for (a very tiny) percentage of the new coin then initially there would be some equivalency between the two coins, and an easy market for people who wanted to speculate on the unpremined 50% of the new coin before a substantial quantity were available.

Key problems to avoid would be
a) Any tendency to overconnect the two coins, in other words to provide some excessive benefit to Mazacoin holders. Mazacoin should not dilute the value of any (more genuine) Native currency, but it would be a useful go between currency potentially.
a) Any lack of transparency anywhere in any step of the process. One of the big problems with Mazacoin is secretiveness involving the premine and other aspects of the coin. A new coin should not be given that problem too.

Just an idea

How much is the pre-mine as of today  I saw a post that the Developer of the coin was doing some type of gun registration with Maza.  That is a bit on the right track but the current price is pretty low and I thought we could be on more exchanges than just Bittrex.

Indeed I'd love to see it on Yobit, of course one day polo again... but at least on Yobit, I could grow my bag with the dice
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
Any explorer (with json api) / MPOS pool I might use for this to get stats?
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
Shine Like The Sun
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
Activity: 955
I think one thing we need is a working explorer. The one on CoinMarketCap is broken https://mazacha.in/chain/Mazacoin/
It's hard to say.  I think if there was some transparency and an update with information like where the pre-mine went then people might have more faith.  Right now it is just a PnD coin. As you said we need to get some tribal adoption.  Even if they used Maza as a was to register a physical currency that would be cool as well. Would need tech to be able to verify the balances on the physical coins.

How much is the pre-mine as of today  I saw a post that the Developer of the coin was doing some type of gun registration with Maza.  That is a bit on the right track but the current price is pretty low and I thought we could be on more exchanges than just Bittrex.
I'm not sure what you mean by gun reg with Maza. Could you post a link?

Here is the link to his fb post

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1754106588156985&id=100006729820995
Activity: 955

Have you considered ways of giving incentive to natives to get hold of some Mazacoins?

It is always better to deal with realities than to deal with ideals.

>one idea<

[...]

c) One of the biggest issues people have with a distribution like this could be solved by having a wallet assigned to each qualified person, and having the coins in the wallet unavailable for spending, but stakeable, with the interest spendable. So a person would get a wallet with, say, 1000 coins. The wallet would be in their name and not sellable, nor transferable, except on death. The holder of the wallet would have the interest available to spend but would never lose the blalance. If it were hacked, at most the interest could be stolen, the coins could not be stolen. The coins would always pertain to that person.

-[...]

As long as the cryptocurrency is issued by a respected tribal leader, and has the real support of elders from a lot of areas, and there were no contamination with political nonsense and...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
The Smoker Friendly Coin 2BACCO

Have you considered ways of giving incentive to natives to get hold of some Mazacoins?

How much is the pre-mine as of today  I saw a post that the Developer of the coin was doing some type of gun registration with Maza.  That is a bit on the right track but the current price is pretty low and I thought we could be on more exchanges than just Bittrex.

That is one of [several] problems with Mazacoin. Nobody really wants to say what the premine was or where it went.

I'm not sure what you mean by gun reg with Maza. Could you post a link?

As to Maza's price, it is the nature of cryptos that things are bought and sold on image rather than substance, and that favors Mazacoin. It will do very well once cryptos start going mainstream. But at this point, very bluntly, it will do well because of what it weakly promises, rather than on anything it actually delivers.

What was suggested in the previous post was maybe one (of many) ways to add substance to Mazacoin.

Here are some baseline observations.
1) Most Mazacoin are held by non Natives.
2) It is extremely unlikely a significant percentage of Mazacoin will ever directly drive a Native economy.
3) A high percentage of Mazacoin are held by progressive types who are potentially on the cutting edge of any major change.
A real "Native currency" will be created and distributed first within it's community, rather than as a speculative instrument for outsiders. But a currency in today's world has to have bridges with other markets and Mazacoin would be an ideal currency to use as a bridge, a medium of exchange, for a more authentic Native currency.

An idea that might restore some relevancy to Mazacoin/
-

Mazacoin tries to bill itself as "a Native currency", but the reality is that it is mostly owned by non Natives and has no real tangible connection to any future Native economy, aside from a premine, about which there are questions.

The one saving grace of Mazacoin is that most of its holders, if not Native, are at least strong supporters of a Native economy.

The problem is the coin itself, its distribution, history and so on. So here is one possible solution that will allow Mazacoin to be used for what it actually is, a coin for outsiders to support a Native centered economy.
-
1) Issue a new coin with a substantial premine, to be distributed to Natives in North America.
a) If the coin were 50% premined and those 50% were distributed to Natives with at least 50% Native blood, the remaining 50% of mineable coins, would be quite valuable.
b) In North America it is not that hard to let Natives be identified (by percent Native blood) reliably, with their consent, for the purpose of distributing coins. The U.S. generates a lot of paper on people.

-

Mazacoin has a premine, some of which has been accounted for, I believe. If that premine were used to create liquidity for the new coin, for example swapping the entire Mazacoin premine for (a very tiny) percentage of the new coin then initially there would be some equivalency between the two coins, and an easy market for people who wanted to speculate on the unpremined 50% of the new coin before a substantial quantity were available.

Key problems to avoid would be
a) Any tendency to overconnect the two coins, in other words to provide some excessive benefit to Mazacoin holders. Mazacoin should not dilute the value of any (more genuine) Native currency, but it would be a useful go between currency potentially.
a) Any lack of transparency anywhere in any step of the process. One of the big problems with Mazacoin is secretiveness involving the premine and other aspects of the coin. A new coin should not be given that problem too.

Just an idea

Activity: 183
Well, I'm just confused as to what is the official latest core wallet or official website. Broken links, links to the encompass wallet from mazaclub. What the hell is going on?

v9.0.1 is the latest official release, we do have code on github for a 10.2 release that we are working on, it appears a pool built that and it can generate v3 blocks as it is based on the bitcoin core 10.2 codebase.  When the v9.0.1 client saw the v3 blocks it started to throw the "obsolete" message, the v9.0.1 client will still work until the new code is ready for release.  The 10.2 code is stable and should be good, we have just been working on cleaning it up and getting everything ready on it for a full release.
Activity: 476
Merit: 501
Well, I'm just confused as to what is the official latest core wallet or official website. Broken links, links to the encompass wallet from mazaclub. What the hell is going on?
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Any idea why I see this error now:

Warning: This version is obsolete, upgrade required!

The repo hasn't been updated in 2 years....
Activity: 557
bbOOmm, could you tell me how you managed to build wallet? Thanks!
Activity: 277
I had an a-ha moment last night and built it from source ... very easy.

Thanks

Activity: 183
I'm looking for a step by step guide on how to install a LINUX Mazacoin GUI Wallet. I don't want to install a pre-built wallet, I would like to build it from source.

If anyone knows where I can find the step by step page, please post it.

Thanks

First  download and install dependencies:
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-all-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++-dev git qt-sdk libminiupnpc-dev qrencode libqrencode-dev git

Second, clone the source-code to your local machine:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/mazacoin/mazacoin.git

To compile the QT GUI, in the /mazacoin directory: (cd mazacoin)
Code:
qmake “USE_UPNP=-“ “USE_QRCODE=1”
make

This will compile mazacoin-qt, the icon appears to be blank but you can set it from /mazacoin/src/qt/res/icons.

Activity: 196
Why not check with maker or the wallet. I'm sure they have a guide. Are you looking to mine mza solo ?
Pages:
Jump to: