Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MZC][SHA-256] MAZACOIN *First Sovereign Currency* ANDROID WALLET AVAIL.!! - page 17. (Read 278314 times)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250
estimated MZC supply over the next 10 years?

the information is needed for http://alt19.com/19/cryptocurrency.php

thanks
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
Shine Like The Sun
I will launch the Mazacoin Freedomland campaign at Indiegogo by january

MZC4Ever
Activity: 955
... Some is being generated by actual intentions to use MZC ...

All coins, including MZC, are still controlled entirely by speculators. So far there has been no effective project to develop an alternative economy with any coin, to my knowledge, Though bitcoin is in a pretty good position if something forces people away from fiat in some region of the world.

MZC does have better potential than most coins and it seems to be controlled largely by people in the dev team and private people like Alao, who are interested in establishing an economy independent of fiat and central govs.

There are no major projects going on, as far as I know, but there are Mazacoin speculators willing to donate / invest / subsidize any majority Native projects. If anyone has ideas on how to establish a workable economy, projects that might lead to economic independence for American Natives, they should post those ideas on https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mzc-economic-development-ideas-1193897 or any of the other channels mentioned in various threads.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Lol its become quite obvious bitrex MZC is much more valuable than cryptsy MZC presently. I see one positive part of this. The difference shows there's more than just pure speculator value going on here. Some is being generated by actual intentions to use MZC (since the mzc you can actually get off the exchange to use is constantly higher.)
there is one massive shake out going on with cryptsy wallet thing causing FUD. Then theres also ppl that are just like dum de dum vacuuming up mzc while its cheap. I think the really shaky hands are almost shaken now though, so it should rally soon!
Activity: 493
mazacoin wallet at cryptsy has been down for almost 2 weeks!

wtf is going on at cryptsy??

many other wallets in 'maintenance' too

Yea and i just tried to do a LTC withdrawal from two days ago and it is still pending.  Guess i need to use Bittrex from now on.
legendary
Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001
mazacoin wallet at cryptsy has been down for almost 2 weeks!

wtf is going on at cryptsy??

many other wallets in 'maintenance' too
... best if some of you "younger generation" Mazacoiners would begin a new thread (?)

- Tomi

Alao started a thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mzc-economic-development-ideas-1193897

Activity: 577
Shine Like The Sun
Hi everyone, here is some answers

"Is there anyway to get around the 1 million limit when transferring to a wallet? I got about 25 mil and don't want to do 25 separate transactions."

I don't think there is any way to get around that one million limit - you could transfer 1 million / day so it will not feel like lot's of work.

"Can OP update the main page? Most of the links are dead and there's only 1 working pool from the list"

I don't know how active the thread keeper is so would be best if some of you "younger generation" Mazacoiners would begin a new thread (?)

"2) Future looking people who are not especially materialistic but see the importance of currencies in a bigger picture. Like Mathgamain, Groggin, Signsguy and others I think."

Your evaluation was quite accurate no-ice-please, I do think the big picture is the only picture that counts.

About - Mazacoin Freedomland - I have found a group of people from here in Finland with similar ideas about land ownership and will try to talk them into co operation with us (they also wish to acquire land assets before the multinational corporations swallow them).

- Tomi

Activity: 493
Is there anyway to get around the 1 million limit when transferring to a wallet? I got about 25 mil and don't want to do 25 separate transactions.
lol you crazy people... anyways...

...If it were pos, you would not need to have specialized knowledge or special connections for equipment. I don't think many of the natives this coin is for have those things either. The poorest people, that need some steady income the most, certainly are not some technical wizard with inside market connections, or they would not be the poorest ... they are interested in mazacoin but worried someone else will have overall control. I think that is a valid concern...

Here is a quote someone posted on  reddit

Thats why I am saying its not about getting native people to baghold all the coin. Its about using the coin to get actual wealth into their community. We have a liquid market and a well secured network (everyone in the world shares this asset.) But its obviously branded such that a merchant who was from a tribe would probably find alot more customers than any other merchant accepting it. We don't even need it to be mass adopted in the tribes, just have some merchants accepting it, and thus causing wealth to flow into their community. ...

It is important that Native communities that have been forced onto the dollar have their own real currencies again.

Whether it is better to encourage that from the bottom up, (e.g. by using proof of stake), or from the top down, (e.g. by supporting merchants on reservations), who knows.

In a lot of places indigenous people have been so trampled for so long that there is not a lot of motivation to get involved in anything including economics.  Sort of like if you torture someone long enough they ignore everything. Same with animals, same with people. But once a threshold is reached where enough people see the possibility of kicking the dollar, then a new economy will begin. First step is just to show that it is possible.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
lol you crazy people... anyways...

I had another thought why mazacoin should go POS. Its only really big centralized companies that win at mining. The best hashing equipment is not really sold to the public. If it were pos, you would not need to have specialized knowledge or special connections for equipment. I don't think many of the natives this coin is for have those things either. The poorest people, that need some steady income the most, certainly are not some technical wizard with inside market connections, or they would not be the poorest lol. pos would make it as easy as just having a wallet (something most people CAN do) to own some of the coin production. The vibe I get is they are interested in mazacoin but worried someone else will have overall control. I think that is a valid concern, given that the mining game is only for a select few.
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Can OP update the main page? Most of the links are dead and there's only 1 working pool from the list

http://maza.hashfaster.com/
What is the going market rate these days for puppy blood?

I also have several cases of bottled kittens.  PM if you want to trade.

Are you talking bottled fried kittens with spices or just plain bottled kittens? The plain bottled ones usually have nitrites and monosodium glutamate added. Very unhealthy.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
What is the going market rate these days for puppy blood?

I also have several cases of bottled kittens.  PM if you want to trade.
ya that's what I was getting at. It would help an economy of mazacoin develop if people were holding some (and I think staking is one good way to motivate that, but not the only way.) If people hold it, then there is time for them to meet someone else that has some, or introduce new people to mzc. Time is whats needed for trade in mazacoin to develop. If they just say, whats this for right now? Its like well not much... ok selling. If people quickly unload it, they arn't gonna become part of a trading network, that uses mazacoin, because they have no time to develop those ties.

There are a few different groups that Mazacoin serves.

1) Natives, of course. Like the originators of Mzc and other Americans who want their own currency.

2) Future looking people who are not especially materialistic but see the importance of currencies in a bigger picture. Like Mathgamain, Groggin, Signsguy and others I think.

3) More materialistic speculators who are interested in seeing a Native American economy flourish and are willing to use their coins to further that. Like me and you I guess.

4) Pure speculators. People who would buy puppy blood if the price was good.

The first two groups will decide the fate of Maza but people like us can offer ideas, and proof of stake is a good idea if any of the developers read this.
ya that's what I was getting at. It would help an economy of mazacoin develop if people were holding some (and I think staking is one good way to motivate that, but not the only way.) If people hold it, then there is time for them to meet someone else that has some, or introduce new people to mzc. Time is whats needed for trade in mazacoin to develop. If they just say, whats this for right now? Its like well not much... ok selling. If people quickly unload it, they arn't gonna become part of a trading network, that uses mazacoin, because they have no time to develop those ties.
I have been thinking lately it might be good to fork MZC to a proof of stake coin. ... They would instead be encouraged to get a wallet and be interested in the projects long term goals. ..."

Great idea. Proof of stake would help a lot of ways.

A campaign to strengthen an independent Native economy has a lot of difficulties. "Giving" any new currency to anyone, from anywhere, will only inspire the person to sell the currency.

An effort by outsiders to promote Native businesses that use Native currencies, including Mazacoin, should include some motivation to keep the funds in the local currency rather than converting them straightaway to paper currency. Proof of stake would make MZC better than holding paper.

-

Someone should form some way for outsiders to invest Mazacoin in new Native businesses and other projects.
I have been thinking lately it might be good to fork MZC to a proof of stake coin. Not saying to change the current production rate at all, so whatever percent that means in terms of staking just leave it be. It requires far less electricity, so it will mitigate alot of damage to the earth, if mazacoin is around a long time. Also, I think it would make the market more healthy. Its turned into a game of hot potato of like millions of MZC. POS would give some incentive to hold big chunks of it, while they are not really in use. If we were to do a campaign to give mazacoin to natives, they would not be as likely to see it as something to just sell for whatever price and move on. They would instead be encouraged to get a wallet and be interested in the projects long term goals. Right now I think alot of people would be like, "well thanks for this thing for free... that may or may not have lots of use down the road, but how much can I sell it all for right away?"
Pages:
Jump to: